** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 4th May 2013

4 runs 4 wins and looks better with every race, he's the apple of the yard and they think the world of him, trainer Mr Richard Hannon has had a wee sparkle in his eye for a good few weeks now and he has every right. The 3yr old posted a nice time on his only start of 2013 and with ice cool jockey Richard Hughes in the saddle the pair look very much the pair to beat, respect is given to Dawn Approach but without a run along with 3 others in the field he will need to be ultra special to beat the Hannon first string. Cracking looking race but 12 are playing for place money. 3:50 HQ - Toronado wins the 2013 Guineas. 1pt Win bet @ 9/4 Stanjames. ​Have a nice weekend,Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 1550 newmarket 1pt win dawn approach 15/8 boylesports i just have to put dawn approach for this,unbeaten and has already won at newmarket,albeit over 7 furlongs,extra furlong should hold no fear,this could be a very special horse.and with no run since last october,this would enhance his reputation as a special horse,godolphin may have something to cheer this weekend after the turmoil last week

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 4.00 THIRSK IMPERIAL DIJAY @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG ew From a stable that does well with its older horses at this time of year, two years since this horse ran in a class 4 when winning here and Chester, has won 3 times since all off marks higher than todays 85. Has a good track record with 2 wins from 4 runs and has either won or been placed on almost half his 21 runs on this going. Decent draw in 2, should go well.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 2.35 Newmarket ~ Pearl Secret ~ 5/1(SJ) Nothing went right for David Barrons charge in the Nunthorpe last year after which he was put away after a niggling problem prevented him from being ready for a few targets. Barrons patience should be rewarded today as this beast has a most impressive turn of foot and Spencer has an excellent record when riding the stables sprinters. Wont be seen til late in the day granted a clear passage. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 Sat 4th May 2013 2.05 Newmarket (Rowley) (13 runners) A real tough race to decipher, and none particuarly jump off the page, so an wach way chance is taken on DANCE AND DANCE who has been pretty consistent when running in events similar to today (203125223). Very disappointing latest but was only beaten 2L here in August last year in a Cl2 and is 10lb lower than today. DANCE AND DANCE 0.5pt E/W @ 25/1 (BOG Bet365)

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 2:55 Goodwood: I'm So Glad 1pt win 20/1 Sportingbet I'm So Glad was stepped up in class after a couple of nice wins last summer. She might just appreciate this drop back to handicap company and she is reunited with Charles Bishop. The trip and going look fine.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 17.00 Newmarket - Windhoek - Win @ 11\10 PP BOG 2 wins from 2 runs and a Course and Distance winner LTO when winning a big field sales race at the Craven Meeting in April on his seasonal debut after one winning run as a 2yo. Plenty of improvement expected (30kg overweight according to trainer when winning that last race) and no concerns about ground, course,distance or fitness. Joe Fanning has the ride again (on for 2 previous wins). Needs to win this to be considered a serious Dante Horse.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 Newmarket 2.35 Sole Power. I like Sole Power, he usually gives his running & he has his ideal conditions today of fast ground & 5f. He's drawn bang in the middle but he comes late anyway so the excellent Johnny Murtagh can pick which side he wants to challenge on. You need a bit of luck in these type of races but he ran well in March at Meydan & if he runs to his best he must go close here. I took the 9/2 but he's now 5/1 with Fred & the Tote Bet. Sole Power 1pt win @ 5/1 Betfred BOG. ​Rio.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 George Vancouver 3.50pm Newmarket 16-1 Bet365 0.5pt EW Group 1 winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf that needs fast ground to be seen to best effect and will ge that today. Poor runs on soft/heavy but has a touch of class and was finishing strongly over a mile last time out. Might not be the pick of Joseph O'Brien but then we've seen jockeys get it wrong before. Rated within 4lb of Toronado yet the difference in odds is huge. Has finished 3rd here on this course to Dawn Approach but on good to soft ground. I believe it has a better chance than odds of 16-1 suggest.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 415 Uttoxeter: Countess Comet EW (16/1 Betfred) Big price this for a horse not fully exposed over fences and trying three miles here. She's only a 6yo and has been staying on in her races suggesting this trip may be the key long term. This track will suit as its not that testing and the fences are fair. She's off her lowest mark yet and i'm sure has a few pounds in hand of the handicapper. Its an open race and looks pretty good value on a tricky Uttoxeter card.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 5.15 - Goodwood - Hallings Wish @ 8/1 Stan James Not the most sensible race to get involved in seeing as a lot of these are making their handicap debuts but one i've had in my nag me to watch out for is Hallings Wish. I find it interesting he goes in this competitive class 5 handicap and Mikeal Barzalona is booked to ride. He showed signs of ability in his first 3 starts, being considerately ridden on his last start at Lingfield in December. Given opening mark of 61 which could be very lenient in my opinion, steps up in trip for the first time and wears a tongue tie. With market vibes positive i expect a decent run here.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 3.40 Uttoxeter - Billy Twyford 9/2 Stan James BOG This horse looks the class act in this field and should make a bold bid to land the hattrick. His narrow win over Shammick Boy has worked out well where he showed a game attitude to just get his nose in front. He then went to Fontwell and beat some decent yardsticks (3rd has won and placed since off 135) and that was over todays trip and on this ground. I think he already has the form in the book to win this and there is a strong chance there is more to come. Decent price as well IMO. Main dangers come from Creekside who is a much better horse on a sound surface especially as his trainer is amongst the winners at the moment and potentially Jetnova who isnt out of it from this mark but doesnt convince me he is a winner in waiting either.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 4.35 Thirsk - 1pt win Norse Blues @ 8/1 (VC) Has joined a good yard in David Barron and can understandably be forgiven his reappearance run when probably just needing it (weakening into midfield late on). Is only 2lbs higher in the weights than when winning the Spring Mile in 2012 and has run some good races since. He enjoys a sound surface and a flat track and the easier trip than the 9f which just seemed to stretch him at Newmarket at the back-end of last season will suit. Has edged slightly down the weights and his new yard can improve one so with that reappearance effort under his belt, should go well today.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 3.10 newm - Universal - win at 7/2 bog betvictor disappointing turn out here of just 4 runners for a group 2 prize butb the small filed can play into the hands of my horse He doesn't always front run but he can as can most of of Johnston's if they need to The other 3 all look to be hold up horses. Noble Mission in particular pulls pretty hard if they don't go a fast pace, he could throw the race pulling and tugginmg for the first mile Dandini is probably the best horse here but is getting on a bit and hasn'r run since last year, might need an outing Wigmore hall looks a bit of a shadow of the horse he was a couple of years ago My horse is an improving stayer, won a group 3 last time (Noble Mission 3rd) and might just be up to winning what could be a weak group 2.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 2.35pm @ Netmarket 'Sole Power' 9/2 (WillHills / BOG) Best horse in the race in my opinion, certainly the one with the most proven form. Has decent form at the very top level and proven fitness from good recent runs in Dubai. Was always there or thereabouts last season in the top sprints and I expect him to pick up where he left off and prove hard to beat here. Piloted by the excellent Johny Murtagh so will not lack assistance from the saddle. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013

14:05 Newmarket
Charles
has made a decent start to the season so far with 7 winners and he holds strong claims in this race with the lightly raced
Basseterre
who makes his seasonal reappearance here today. He had a good campaign last year as a 3 year old, firstly winning on his debut at Lingfield over a mile, running out a one length winner over
Scatter Dice
who went on to have a decent campaign himself (won a class 2 handicap off a mark of 87, albeit with a 5lb claimer on board, and is now rated 91). He then went on to make his handicap debut at Windsor off a mark of 77, he was restless in the stalls that day and also missed the break which haltered his chances and that effort is one that can easily be ignored. Switched back to the AW after that where he was narrowly beaten into 2nd place at Kempton before going on to win a handicap at the third attempt off his mark of 77. Raised 5lbs for that when he was sent to Ayr, finishing 3/10. I thought the way he travelled that day was rather eye catching but he was unable to pick up inside the final furlong and was beaten by 2 lengths. A poor effort at Sandown followed that before he landed a class 3 handicap at this track, again over the mile trip. The margin of victory that day was a neck but he fought off the efforts of the 2nd placed horse well to hold on for the win. He then ended 2012 with another run on the AW at Kempton where he finished a close 2nd off a mark of 85 (3lbs higher than his win at Newmarket). Comes here today off a mark of 86 and steps up in trip for the first time to 1m1f today. Looks the type of horse who is likely to improve this season and this longer trip could see some improvement in him. He clearly goes well fresh having won his debut last season so I have no worries about him not being fit for today's run, especially with the stable in decent form as well. The fact he has a course win already suggests he likes it round here and that should add to his chances of winning here today.
Win Basseterre @11/2 (
willhill
- BOG)

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 *Dawn Approach > Newmarket 3:50 > WIN @ 13/8 Bet365 BOG* I may turn out to be wrong, but for me Toronado won't beat the favourite. Dawn Approach has bolted up last two Group 1's, Toronado was impressive last time out but didn't beat much and that was a Group 3. Would be surprised if he had the class Dawn Approach has.

Re: BBOTD 4th May 2013 16.35 Thirsk: Trail Blaze, 16/1 >Bet365, e/w Trail Blaze was progressive last season, when he went from a mark of 79 up to today's mark of 91. He was a beaten favourite lto but that was on very heavy ground at Ayr which didn't suit at all and a return to a quick surface today will see a much improved run. This is his first run of the season but he won fto last season so that shouldn't be a problem. He has a good draw in stall 6. He has run twice at Thirsk, both over today's distance, winning once and finishing second on his other run here. Trainer Kevin Ryan has a decent record at Thirsk. Phillip Makin is in the saddle.