BBOTD Wednesday 1st May

Ascot 445 - Frog Hollow 25/1 BetVictor EW BOG I thought this horse had a decent chance first time up this season but truth be told it was probably a bit soft for him that day on his re-appearance and since then he has run once over 7f at Lingfield where the track would have been way too sharp for him and again at Windsor over 6f where he actually finished quite nicely considering the trip was too short. Back over 8f I think he could run well at a price because he has some good figures on the clock and both the nature of this race and the track itself will suit his hold up style perfectly.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May Amy Ryan is nil winners from 12 season rides and makes the trip to Pontefract for one sole ride in the second last, she rides a bay filly trained by her father and the 3yr old is also searching for win No-1 Amy will know the horse well from the yard and from 3 past runs Amy has been in the saddle twice, the filly must be race ripe for Mr Ryan just sending out the one, the filly has run before at Pontefract and it was her best race under Julie Burke, on that day horse and jockey came home 3rd on heavy ground racing over the 6f, she returns today back over the 6f and can hopefully show a better account on much better ground. 5pm Pontefract - Dewi Chinta. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 10/1 ​The Magic Sign.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 15.35 Ascot: Steps To Freedom, 11/2 >Betvictor, win Steps To Freedom has had two runs so far this year. He started at Dundalk when he won very easily over 10f. He was about 10L off the lead with 2½f to run but he made up the distance with ease and won nicely by 4¼L. He didn't beat much that day, although three of the five that finished behind him have won since. He finished third lto in a listed race, again over 10f. He finished just 2L behind group 1 winner Parish Hall. He ran quite well but didn't have the speed to go with the impressive winner. He steps up in trip to 2 miles which will suit as he is a grade 2 winner over hurdles and won two NHF races, including the Listed Bumper at Aintree. He also won over 2 miles on the a/w at Dundalk in a handicap when he was giving away over a stone to the rest of the field and won by 4½L. Trainer Jessie Harrington is in decent form with 2 winners, including a 20/1 shot, and 3 places from 11 runners over the last two weeks. Champion jockey Richard Hughes is an eye catching booking. He rode 33 winners last month, including 11 from his last 17 rides, and is already 7 wins clear of his nearest rival in this years jockey's championship.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 1500 ascot 1pt win sovereign debt 7/2 pp this could a good little race here,a strong case could be made for all the runners, but i think the bell horse could be the one to be on,beaten into 4th last time out on seasonal debut,and maybe that will set him up for a improved run today,has won on this course over 7 furlong,but has won at newmarket at todays distance,spencer takes the ride and he has won twice before on him

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 3.35 ASCOT SIR GRAHAM WADE @ 6/1 Stan James BOG ew Heard an interview with Mark Johnson where he said Sir Graham Wade and Steeler were his two hopes for this season and although this ran poorly first time up, I am sure there is more to come from this progressive 4yo. Ran bad first time up last season but still went on to win 6 races. Johnson was talking of this being a "Cup horse so although this is a decent race, if he has any Cup aspirations he has to run well in this. Fallon takes the ride today having won on him twice last year. 6/1 looks cracking value and an ew bet to nothing.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May Ascot 3.35 Caucus. Bit spoiled for choice today because there's three at Ponty that I could have put up however I'll go with..... Estimate should go well for the Queen but I was a bit disappointed with her after she won the Queen's Vase at the Royal meeting & I think she might want it a bit softer than she'll get today. Sir Graham Wade looked a stayer going places last season but was only a modest fifth in a Listed race at Nottinham on his return. He needed the run FTO last season though & should go better today. I'm very wary of the German raider Tres Rock Danon, they're often overpriced these Kraut's when they come over & he's got some smart form at this trip in der Fatherland. I'm going with the Gosden runner Caucus though. He's not had a lot of racing for a 6yo & only had one run in 2011. Last year he ran a good race FTO at Newmarket & wasn't disgraced in the Ascot Gold cup. He then had three months off & beat the very useful Cavalryman in a Listed event at Newmarket on his last start. That's a smart bit of form, he looks like he could still be improving, goes fresh & on the ground & I thought the price last night was more than fair. Ladbrokes are still going 8/1 & now will be BOG from 9am but I'm on from last night. Bet. Caucus 1pt win @ 8/1 Ladbrokes BOG. ​Rio.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 4.45 Ascot Rockalong is gonna be popular after his impressive victory at Kempton last time out and Cruiser helped boost that form yesterday, and Lowther and Forceful Appeal winning next time out aswell. A 5lb rise looks extremely lenient but he clearly relishes the polytrack surface and one try on soft ground was poor but cant be judged to harshly on that given that was his debut and over 1m2f. But perhaps slightly risky at a very short price of 11/4. Toga Tiger has improved over the last year and picked up where he left off last season on the AW this winter picking up a further 3 wins, a further 6lb higher and now 22lb higher than last turf win, this is the most competitive race he has competed in and would prefer faster ground probably. Chapter and Verse is another that looks rather short given he is better known for his exploits on the AW and he can be tricky to win with he needs everything to fall right and not sure a big field like this that is gonna happen but should atleast get a strongly run race and does race off a 10lb lower turf mark. I am gonna stick with the unexposed Twenty One Choice who has won 4 of his 8 starts and they are his last 4 starts including one on turf. Appeared to come back from a break last time out better than ever winning comfortably over 7f at Kempton, an 8lb rise clearly demands more but he looks open to more improvement yet and handicapper is struggling to catch him. A return to a mile shouldn’t be a problem and he looks one to stay on side of this summer. 0.5pt e/w Twenty one Choice 7/1 vc

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 4.45pm @ Ascot 'Twenty One Choice' 7/1 (VC / BOG) A clear second best to a Fallon ridden favourite at the minute is favourite in my book the way he's riding. This horse is also on a storming run winning it's last 4 and picking up a few weeks ago where it left off last season with a comfortable win, so doesn't appear to have stopped improving yet. I see no reason to desert this thing until the run comes to and end and it will go close today, hopefully extend that run for another while yet. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 140 Sth: Folie A Deaux EW 9/1 SJ I think this horse has been running better than his finishing position might suggest lately and in a poor contest could be over priced at 9/1. Getting on now but a consistent performer down the years and drips to a very handy mark. Goes on the ground and is a very solid jumper, worth a bet on an uninspiring jumps card.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May *Estimate > Ascot 3:35 > WIN @ 11/4 Bet365 BOG* Hard to see past the Queen's horse in this race in my opinion. Has clearly the best form in the book, winning a Group 3 at Ascot by 5 lengths, 3rd to Wild Coco at Goodwood, and again 3rd to Wild Coco in a Group 2 at Donny when last seen. Biggest danger is probably Caucus, who is unexposed and won a Listed race at Newmarket very easily when last seen.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May 5.00 Pontefract - 1pt win Sand Boy @ 7/1 (Bet365) Charles Hills' horses are starting to hit top gear and that's a potential excuse for this one's run a couple of weeks ago as the yard's horses were just looking like they needed the run - for all this one was returning from just two months off the track rather than the whole winter. That run came on soft ground at Windsor and he ran perfectly well to finish 4th considering he was forced very wide and not much was finishing from off the pace in the race. The ground is a plausible excuse as well and the race was a good 0-85 affair won by a horse running off that ceiling mark. Prior to that effort, he was sent off a short price when disappointing in a muddling affair at Kempton (front two dominated) but had hacked up in a maiden before that. If getting a good gallop today he'll be seen to better effect with the quicker ground and testing track in his favour. The yard are in top form now and he drops into a 0-75 here. Not ideally drawn but this is probably the most suitable race he's been entered in since his maiden victory and should go well.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May A4.45 Toga Tiger e/w 14/1 William Hill This one has improved out of all recognition since joining the J Gask stable, winning an incredible 6 out of 8 races. Of course the horse has now gone up the handicap considerably for those wins but it's worth noting that the horse has raced off as high as 90 earlier in its career so this new lease of life might mean that todays mark of 80 isn't enough to end the winning run particularly for the excellent Robert Tart taking off a further 5lb. The manner of the horses runs would also suggest that the handicapper might not have caught up with the horse yet and the horse should go well having shown some good form on good ground.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May Ascot 3.00 - Don't Call Me - 0.5pts EW @ 11/1 Bet365 Winner of two quality handicaps last year, then went to Dubai and came close 3 times in some competitive races. Ran very well on return at Doncaster last month, finishing 2nd to Gabrial with Sovereign Debt back in 4th and Chandlery in 6th. Doesn't win often but it would be surprising not to see him at least make the frame. Looks good value each way.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May Ascot 2.00 - Anticipated - win at 5/2 bog wm hill This looks like the best 2yo race of the season so far and you'd have to think that Hannon would be aiming one of his better ones at the race Anticipated won first time out at windsor despite missing the break, swerving at the start and starting off behind the field. Should be a lot more to come with that experience under his belt Favourite is Elsworth's horse, Justice day, who was impressive winning what is usually a good maiden at Newbury. However he was running on the favoured part of the track that day the race might have been a bit easier to win with half the field running at a disadvantage

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 1st May

Amy Ryan is nil winners from 12 season rides and makes the trip to Pontefract for one sole ride in the second last, she rides a bay filly trained by her father and the 3yr old is also searching for win No-1 Amy will know the horse well from the yard and from 3 past runs Amy has been in the saddle twice, the filly must be race ripe for Mr Ryan just sending out the one, the filly has run before at Pontefract and it was her best race under Julie Burke, on that day horse and jockey came home 3rd on heavy ground racing over the 6f, she returns today back over the 6f and can hopefully show a better account on much better ground. 5pm Pontefract - Dewi Chinta. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 10/1 ​The Magic Sign.
Would love to know what these DONKEYS show at home that merits a visit to a race track ! A good cow would have beat this thing, they should have stayed at home, total DONKEY.