BBOTD Tuesday 30th April

Lingfield 300 - Gaul Wood 7/2 William Hill BOG Not bad prices really for this 6 runner field and the selection looks like he is probably open to the most improvement on this surface despite already having some solid form in the bag. After only 3 AW starts (finished 2nd, 1st and 3rd) he ran a pretty quick time at Kempton (form worked out well enough) before winning and placing again on turf. I am confident that his mark is very workable and this looks a good opportunity to strike. The jockey is good on the AW the horse likes to run handy which is a positive round here.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April Tue 30th Apr 2013 3.40 Yarmouth (11 runners) It's the end of the month and am going to try to go out with a bang with a bit of a longshot in the shape of KARAM ALBAARI. The 5 year old was last seen in November 2011 when finishing plum last in a listed event. He hasn't much form from his 6 races following his maiden win, but he was only beaten 3L on both his starts at 7f in much better races than this and won on his debut, so seemingly goes well fresh. It's a bit of a punt but it looks a wide open race. KARAM ALBAARI 0.5pts E/W @ 20/1 (BOG - PaddyPower)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April Well beaten last time out but we all know just how funny the AW can be, they all get a wee turn etc. Jockey J-P Guillambert and trainer W J Musson went close went they last partnered up on Friday 26th April at Sandown, both of them team up once again for this sole runner / ride in the last race on the card at Lingfield Park, the 4yr old filly has 8 runs under her apron with no wins but she could have a sneak chance in this race today, she opened at 8/1 last time out and money came for her taking her odds to 5/1 This is only her 2nd visit here at Lingfield and Guillambert takes the steering wheel for the first time. ​5pm Lingfield Pk - Capriska. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 10/1 Bet 365- ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 3.30 Lingfield - 1pt win Prom Dress @ 8/1 (Sportingbet) Progressed steadily in maidens on the surface, culminating in a third at Kempton over 7f. Just dropped away late on having held every chance so the drop back to 6f ought not to be an issue. Both the first and second won next time out and there were over three lengths back to the fourth placed horse. On her handicap debut, Robert Cowell's filly was 6th over the same c&d but wasn't disgraced and that was a 0-70 affair. Again looked like 6f would suit better at this stage and now she drops in grade into a 0-60. The capable Gary Phillips takes 7lbs off making her very fairly weighted and this isn't a strong race. Can go well.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 5.20 Bath The Name Is Frank 1pt win @ 22/1 BetVictor There is a chance he may not have the pace to go with some of these over 5f but he does have a good record at the track and does have some form over 5f. His last 2 career wins have come here over 6f with D Sweeney doing the steering. He handles fast ground and his absence shouldn't be a worry as he has gone well fresh in the past. He is now 8lbs lower than his last winning mark of 60 and could go well at a big price.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 5.10 Yarmouth Hard to find why Medieval Bishop is as short as 11/4 in this race, only one win to his name in a maiden and largely disappointing last year except when tried on fibresand, career low mark now but ran a stinker when fresh last year so unless you know something he looks like one to avoid. Landesharr remains a maiden but is atleast consistent but probably worth opposing. Corn Maiden has improved over the winter on fibresand, you can ignore her run last time out when she got lose and worked up at the start and should have been withdrawn. She is well worth another chance aslong as she goes down better to the start and switching the improvement on to turf this year. 1pt win Corn Maiden 11/2 VC

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 3.40pm @ Yarmouth 'Swiss Cross' 9/2 (WillHills / BOG) Napped this last time based on penultimate run when was absolutely cruising but couldn't get a run and eased when beaten. It was never really going last time off a seemingly slower pace under the stronger handling of Fallon as opposed to the switched off style of Callan but it still stayed on really well to be beaten less than 2 lengths. Step to 7fls looks a positive based on that and although I'm seeing Fallon more as a negative than positive these days, he seems to find trouble on everything he sits on at the minute, if he can try and remain still for the first half of the race this horse will be staying on well off today's likely decent pace. Won't be far away. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April Ling 3.00 - Lowther - win at 7/1 bog betvictor Take a chance on a bit of an old timer who's won plenty on the all weather Looks to be in decent nick at the moment having won last time out, he's won over CD, he's won off higher marks in the past A couple of the younger ones at shorter prices look to be the consistant kinds who place a lot but don't win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 545 Worcester: Iona Days 1pt (15/2 BetVic) This one has been waiting for the better ground and gets it here, last ran in March when fourth and looked in need of the outing and has been dropped 3lbs which enables him to run in this 0-115 weaker class 4 contest. Was in good form this time last year and must go close in this company. The well backed fav is a Pipe job which could be anything but it does provide some decent value elsewhere and i reckon the 15/2 here is just too big.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April NR so a final pick; 745 Worc: Red Admirable 1pt (11/2 Bet365) This one won the other day with any amount in hand and trainer Graham McPherson gets him out with a 7lb penalty rather than wait for the revised mark. He's been heavily backed the last three times now suggesting he shows plenty at home and been frustrating on the track, hopefully that easy win will have done him good and can strike while the irons hot.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 2005 exeter 1pt win castlemorris king 9/4 sjames a capable winner last week over 2mile 1 furlong, up 2 furlongs with a 7lb extra, i had it between the top 2, and with the top weight a non runner. i think mine can get its head in front,will stay off the pace till 3 out then take its chance,thats what i would like to see,time will tell

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April

Well beaten last time out but we all know just how funny the AW can be, they all get a wee turn etc. Jockey J-P Guillambert and trainer W J Musson went close went they last partnered up on Friday 26th April at Sandown, both of them team up once again for this sole runner / ride in the last race on the card at Lingfield Park, the 4yr old filly has 8 runs under her apron with no wins but she could have a sneak chance in this race today, she opened at 8/1 last time out and money came for her taking her odds to 5/1 This is only her 2nd visit here at Lingfield and Guillambert takes the steering wheel for the first time. ​5pm Lingfield Pk - Capriska. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 10/1 Bet 365- ''BOG''
​shocking tip, tipping like this should carry a membership BAN !

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April W7.45 Jacks Grey e/w 20/1 Bet365 I'll go for this one in the same race as BH. the horse returns to hurdling after a relatively unsuccessful spell over fences. The trainer has been in cracking form this month and hopefully he has this horse ready after a 4 month break. Perhaps the trainer has been waiting for the better ground and I certainly think this ground will be much more to the horses liking. The horses only win was over fences but that was at this trip on good ground and I can see the break and switch to hurdles meaning that the horse becomes competitive again.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 30th April 8:15 Worcester - Ron - 1pt Win 20/1 Stan James All or nothing with this horse today, but seeing as the trainer has the favorite and has a good record at the course I'm chancing his 'outsider' at a price with a capable 7 pound claimer on top to offset near top-weight. This horse was well supported on his handicap debut over hurdles last time out, however the ground went against him that day and his price drifted out and he ran a stinker, clearly not enjoying the ground. This is a poor race today, a drop in class potentially and 20/1 looks too big if he's suited to a drop back in trip and firmer ground.

W7.45 Jacks Grey e/w 20/1 Bet365 I'll go for this one in the same race as BH. the horse returns to hurdling after a relatively unsuccessful spell over fences. The trainer has been in cracking form this month and hopefully he has this horse ready after a 4 month break. Perhaps the trainer has been waiting for the better ground and I certainly think this ground will be much more to the horses liking. The horses only win was over fences but that was at this trip on good ground and I can see the break and switch to hurdles meaning that the horse becomes competitive again.
If that isn't overturned in your favor then it's genuinely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen from the stewards.

If that isn't overturned in your favor then it's genuinely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen from the stewards.
I've just watched the race & I have to agree with Nick, this is what the stewards thought....
The Stewards held an enquiry under Rule (B)11.6 into possible interference on the run in. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race they found that the winner, TUSCAN GOLD, ridden by Tom Cannon, had interfered with JACKS GREY, placed second, ridden by Paddy Brennan, and that the interference had not improved TUSCAN GOLD’s placing. They ordered the placings to remain unaltered. The Stewards found Cannon in breach of Rule (B)54.1 and guilty of careless riding in that he manoeuvred towards the rail when not sufficiently clear. They suspended him for 6 days as follows: Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15, Thursday 16, Friday 17, Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 May 2013.
Methinks the assorted nobs & ex army types have had a drop too much port if they think that didn't effect the result. Rio.