Cheltenham Tipsters Competition

With Cheltenham fast approaching, just wondered if anyone would be interested in a 'fun' tipping competition. Cant offer a prize, only the title of 'Champion Tipster' and bragging rites on the PL. Suggested Format Select 3 horses each day of the Festival. 10pts win on first selection 5pts win on second selection 5pts E/W on third selection Total 25pts to bet on each day (100pts in total) This way we get to pick our 'nap', 'next best', and best 'E/W' value bet. At the end of each day I will settle all the bets and produce a league table. All Each way bets will be settled at 1/4 odds for this competition. Points will be deducted for losing bets, so for example; Bet 1 1st Sel. Winner 4/1= 50pts 2ndSel. Loser = -5pts 3rd Sel. Placed 10/1 = 17.5pts Total for day = 62.5pts Bet 2 1st Sel. Loser = -10pts 2nd Sel. Winner 3/1 = 20pts 3rd Sel. Winner 6/1 = 47.5pts Total for day = 57.5pts Obviously if all three lose you get -25pts. If anyone doesnt post tips for any day they will also get -25pts for that day, this is to encourage posts. All posts must be submitted by the 'off' time of first Cheltenham race on that day. Any bets after that will be treated as if they didnt post ie; losers. This is so everyone is on a level playing field and to prevent tactical placing of bets. Anyone who may be unavailable for any of the days can post their selections in advance by starting a seperate thread and i will pick them up. If anyone has selected a Non Runner they can replace this selection only, as long as it is before the time of the first race of the day. I reckon thats all the rules we need, nothing too complicated, it is just for fun. With all the top tipsters on this forum we may be able to come up with the 'Punters Lounge' Nap of the day and make some real cash out of it. Anyway i'll leave it with you and see what the response is over the next week. I'll also put a thread up in the Daily Racing Forum, for those that dont visit this one. Cheers BH

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Billy - i think the only other rule is that the competition will be settled at SP only? Otherwise, you will have to check everyone odds which will be a minefield especially with horses starting at 25/1 being back to 12/1 & tipsters still quoting the 25/1 price when it has clearly gone. Some will lose out & some will gain but it appears the only fair way. Otherwise someone will say they took 80/1 on betfair for example.

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Yes, good point Bowles, All bets will be at SP, and regardless of 'bookies' rules all E/W bets will be 1/4 odds, i think most bookies pay that anyway at Cheletenham. Places paid will still apply as per bookies though. i.e; 5-7 runners 1-2, 8-15 1-2-3, over 16 first 4. Non handicaps first 3. Good response so far so looks like we'll go ahead, thanks for the offer of help, i'll shout up if i get stuck, but i'm off work that week so should be organised. Any other things i come up with i'll post here for discussion. Thanks again BH

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Yeah i'm defo in for this. Looks like theres a few non DHRC boys and girls having a go at this, maybe seeing as its early in the month we can get a few more involved? Lester wants in too. Where you going to put the thread??

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Good lad Russ, i knew you couldnt resist, anymore flat mates, wheres Belly and Brookes? If its ok with the mods in this forum i'll keep it in here. More non-DHRC entries will be in and it wont get confused with the Daily one.

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Belly, doesnt generally have internet access unfortunately (he doesnt live with us) and started to do the dhrc at a time when he was at home (parents) for a week or two, but since being back he cant always get on to post. at times he was texting me his picks and getting me to log on at work for him! Brookes?? got no idea!! why did you think i knew him?

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition Russ, you posted this way back in the TC, just thought you knew him and daggers?:unsure

Yeah thats right Daggers. Only lester to go now and the brookes quartet will be complete!
user_online.gifreport.gif
Didnt see that Osesame:o

Re: Cheltenham Tipsters Competition brookes here - yes I exist [ well hope so] . but a stranger to you . My challenge was based on my performance in the football tipster's challenge ! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin this look better before you post. cheers