BBOTD Monday 28th January

3.40 Wolverhampton - Bussa 7/2 Bet365 BOG I have this race between 3 horses on my figures with Restless Bay, Jack My Boy and Bussa coming out on top. I think the former will prefer trip which leaves it between the two Evans runners, who is in good form himself at the moment. Jack My Boy has only just lost out on the line on his last two runs but my main concern is that despite several attempts, the 6 year old has never won on the all weather. Jimmy Fortune takes the reins this time and he does have a decent record on this surface, but my gut feeling is that he should have broken his duck by now. Bussa looks the more progressive of the two, winning 3 from 7 recently on the AW and only going down by narrow margins in the other races. Like his stable mate, he is stepping up in class but overall I dont think this is the strongest of races and he also has the assistance of a decent enough 7lb claimer (6 wins and 12 places from 59 AW rides). My main concern is over the draw because the stats suggest that stall 2 isnt a good box to be in, however this horse likes to race handy and therefore I am hoping that it should be too much of an inconvenience for him round this track.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 15.50 Kempton: Hidden Link @ 9/4 VC Hidden Link won really well on his Handicap debut at Wolverhampton a fortnight ago. He was in a good position when the pace increased from 3f out but he finished strongly and well on top of the rest of the field to win it more comfortably than the actual winning distance suggest I think. There should be more to come and the rise in the mark of 3lb could be lenient. Even more so as he steps up in trip to 11f for the first time and more improvement is expected over this sort of distance considering that he's out of a multiple Group winner over 12f. I feel the bookies got things wrong here as well as they installed Great Ormond as the favourite. He was fair and square beaten by Hidden Link in the Wolverhampton race though, while Hidden Link had to carry 7lb more that day. Sure, Great Ormond showed great improvement for the step up in trip and won well a few days later, but he's up by 9lb for that success, which means he meats Hidden Link on four pounds worse terms tomorrow compared to the race two weeks ago.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 1:20 Kempton - Mudaawem - 1pt Win 4/1, Paddy Power Bet365 have this as a 5/2 shot, which would offer no value to me but at 4/1 with PP considering this is an alerts horse of mine makes it an interesting bet for me. A few negatives though, Johnston's recent form (2 winners I think from a fair few runners) means that I would be more confident if the yard were in form, and the fact this horse was beaten 42 lengths on it's handicap debut on soft ground at Ayr aren't great starting points. However, Johnston has switched this horse to the AW now, and with the small sample of runners from it's sire Exchange Rate on AW tracks has brought about 5 winners from 17 runners and Johnston seems more than adept at placing his runners where needed. Can't have the favourite Derwentwater at 5/4 with it's tendency to find one too good too often and Botti's horse may well improve for the blinkers but is as potentially unreliable as Derwentwater and my selection so at the 4/1 with PP then I've chosen to side with Johnston's runner.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January *Russian Ice > Kempton 4:50 > WIN @ 11/4 Bet365 BOG* Loves Kempton, and all of it's other form has to be ignored when it comes to run here. All of it's career wins have come at Kempton, all over course and distance, and should be a serious threat in a small field of 6 runners like this. It run's off a mark of 72 tomorrow, but was placed off a mark of 76 here back in September, trading at a low of 1.99 in running, only a head behind the winner. George Baker is on board which can only be a positive, and this well treated horse, back at it's favourite venue, should take beating.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 3.20 KEMPTON SOVENTO @ 15/2 betvictor bog .5ew AW record over this trip reads 22124 but his last run over this trip was this time last year when running 4l 4th over CD off a mark of 63, for some reason has been campaigned over 7, 8 and 9f since as a result mark has dropped to 54. Good claimer takes off 5lb and money around already for this one.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 15.10 Wolverhampton: Botteen, win @ SP Botteen is making his debut today. He is closely related to a few class 1 winners including a group 1 winner. He is a full brother to Tina's Spirit who has won on the all-weather at Lingfield and is rated 80 on turf and 75 on the a/w. Of the opposition, Go Far and Bouyrin have both placed three times from four runs and both should win soon but I think they could find a couple too good again today. Triple Aitch and Polar Forest haven't shown much in their races to suggest they can win today. Henry The Aviator is also making his debut and, on paper, he looks to be the biggest danger to the selection, while King Wood's sire doesn't have the best record with his offspring.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 1320 kempton 1pt derwentwater 11/8 betvic expensive purchase as a yearling, and is still a maiden,runner up 3 times, may finally get off the mark today,trainer has a near 22% strike rate at kempton, and trainer and jockey have a 16% strike rate when teaming up

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January Was slow out the gate last time out and just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong, the 4yr old chestnut filly only has the 4 runs with zero wins on her CV, she takes on this trip for the first time but has not been seen for a month, if she has improved any amount she should take this race in her stride and then go onto better things. Jockey M.Lane gets the leg up for the first time. 3:20 Kempton - Asia Minor. 1pt win bet @ 9/2 Sportingbet & Bluesquare. ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January

1320 kempton 1pt derwentwater 11/8 betvic expensive purchase as a yearling, and is still a maiden,runner up 3 times, may finally get off the mark today,trainer has a near 22% strike rate at kempton, and trainer and jockey have a 16% strike rate when teaming up
Best of luck, backed this horse 4 times, frustrating last 3 runs, costly.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January Kempton 3.50 Spirit of Success. This filly was with Godolphin & made her debut at Thirsk over 7f last July when I was there, she was very green that day but ran quite well to come sixth about 3.5l's behind the winner. She didn't run again until Doncaster at the end of October over a mile & she was always behind on the soft ground. The boys in blue must have decided she was no good & sold her & the new owner has her with Micheal Bell. She ran back at 7f at Lingfield in December where she made a bit of late progress & qualified for a handicap mark. She's in here off 62 & banged up in trip to 11f with Willie Twiston-Davies taking off 5lb & this looks a weak race that wouldn't need her to be that good to win. The front two in the betting were first & second in a 9.5f Wolverhampton handicap two weeks ago. Hidden Link went up 3lb for that win & the runner up won three days later over 12f at Wolves & was stuck up 9lb so is actually 6lb worse off for the length beating in the first race. Easy Life keeps finding one too good in maidens & has a first time visor for this first go in a handicap. Misleading Promise was miles behind Great Ormond last time. Rose Ransom was last of three at Lingfield on her first run for Mark Johnston with Inessa Armand in second. I don't think this will take much winning & she's a good price to do so. Bet. Spirit Of Success 1pt win @ 10/1 Betfred BOG. Rio.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 140 Wolverhampton: Cape Of Storms EW (14/1 Bet365/SJ) Drawn 2 so has a chance of leading these which he must do to have any chance, dropped to a very good mark nowadays and worth a nibble at the prices. Blasted out last time on his first run after a break and weakened badly, should be straight now and its a race where a few of the principles are either stepping up in trip or running over shorter than ideal. Jockey bookings always sway the market in these amateur races and there is some poor value knocking about in my opinion.

Best of luck' date=' backed this horse 4 times, frustrating last 3 runs, costly.[/quote'] Jimmy i know you have followed it, when i seen it i thought of you first!, are you not following it over the cliff? Must win today, surely, i mile, going the other way, nothing much there today to beat.

Jimmy i know you have followed it, when i seen it i thought of you first!, are you not following it over the cliff? Must win today, surely, i mile, going the other way, nothing much there today to beat.
Got no fingers left from last 3 runs fella. Yipp sure to win without any of my cash on it.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 1.40 Wolverhampton Prigsnov Dancer 22/1 Sporting Bet 1 point win. I would not normally look at a amature race, but we have runners here who are pure 5 f or barely get 6, or pure 7f horses. And you will get a stupid fast pace up front today, It will suit the closers. The selection is in form and finshed 3rd behind todays 6/4 fav over a inadequit 5 f the other day, doing all the best work at the finish, 6 f is ideal today. He is a cd winner less than a year ago off todays mark, altho 1 lb out of the hcap, the rider takes off 5. He is well in with the fav on todays weights. I can see him picking off the front runners off in the last furlong, the stable like to have a tilt, so for me he will go off shorter than the advertised price.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 3.40 wolves - key ambition 8/1 hills win this one runs off the same mark as last time and is down in grade. ran better over 7f last time and has his first run over c&d today. tudhope on board for the 1st time today which in my opinion is a positive. happy to take on the fav in this grade and 8/1 is a good price.

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 5.10 - Wolverhampton - Hepworth @ 15/8 Bet365 I normally enjoy AW racing but may i say todays is crap! Going for a fairly short price one here and hope he doesnt find 1 too good once more. The form of his 3 runner up efforts in maidens looks pretty decent, with the 2 recent runs coming on polytrack over this distance which is a plus. Opening mark of 70 probably looks about fair, blinkers go on and Joe Fanning booked to ride which is a big positive for me. Gets weight for age allowance and is obviously still unexposed so would be dissapointing if she didnt improve at-all. Only other one i thought was interesting in this race was Queen of Skies who is also making her handicap debut up in trip and some money for her would look interesting in my opinion.

Was slow out the gate last time out and just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong, the 4yr old chestnut filly only has the 4 runs with zero wins on her CV, she takes on this trip for the first time but has not been seen for a month, if she has improved any amount she should take this race in her stride and then go onto better things. Jockey M.Lane gets the leg up for the first time. 3:20 Kempton - Asia Minor. 1pt win bet @ 9/2 Sportingbet & Bluesquare. ''BOG''
Great winner mate and a hell of a drift in price to boot ! :clap

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 4.40 Wolv - Lucky Mountain - win at 10/1 bog bet365 Currently the outsider of the field but has the best 2 recent speed figs and is improving slowly race by race Appears to be a bit one paced so might be suited to the slower surface here than at Lingfield, the only track he's run at to date

Re: BBOTD Monday 28th January 4.20 Kempton - 1pt win Kames Park @ 14/1 (PP) Has been in good form of late and can be easily excused last time out when running off unfavourable terms (under penalties). Is essentially 6lbs lower for that run in a better race and has the capable Philip Prince taking 7lbs off his back. That leaves him off a workable weight and he might not have finished his purple patch just yet with this race looking a little questionable. 2 or 3 of these have plenty to prove whilst another few don't seem to find winning easy so will side with the 15-time winner in here for a yard who have had a few winners of late.