** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January

13.25 Lingfield: My Own Way Home @ 11/2 VC Very good effort here at Lingfield last week I think as she travelled well turning for home but found herself short of room from 2f out there as she was sort of in a sandwich between two other horses. She really had to fight for a gap and was brave to took the slightest of space. She finished very strongly eventually when finally some space opened up to land the 2nd place. She's never won on the All-Weather yet but don't think the surface is a problem and on the evidence of her turf form she'd be well handicapped as she's on her last winning mark. This race here is a better one no doubt, but she can race of a feather weight and should relish the expected true pace thanks to Waabel who is another one I really like here but I feel he could set it up perfectly for My Own Way Home.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 1535 warwick 1pt win major malarkey 11/1 stanjames finished 2nd on its seasonal debut in the midlands national after 224 days off, hopeful that after a 35 day lay off, it will be fresh to run a big race here, this may be its distance

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 2.00 Lingfield, GUNG HO JACK (8/1 Betfred) Looked a progressive performer when winning twice and has had poor draws since those wins. Drawn 4 tomorrow which is ideal as he should get out and get a sit just off the pace. My only concern is the form of the Best yard which isn't exactly firing out winners. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January W2.25 Duke Of Monmouth e/w 22/1 SkyBet This horse has won on its only attempt over c&d and the ground and jockey are the same again for this race. It won well that day and is lightly raced so with natural improvement it should be competitive here. It's carrying a light weight and the jockey has won on 3 of his 5 rides at the track. Many of its rivals are chasers and not getting any younger so I'm hopeful of a decent run.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 12.40 Warwick Arte Del Calcio 0.5pt EW @ 20/1 Bet365 This horse looks quite interesting off what looks quite a lenient mark after a couple of decent efforts over hurdles. He finished just 7 lengths behind Vasco D'Ycy on his 2nd start over hurdles. That horse has since ran in group 1 company and wasn't disgraced. In the Crowd who finished 2 lengths ahead of my selection in that same race, won next time out quite comfortably, getting the better of the John Ferguson trained Bordoni. My selection ran in that race and stayed on well enough into 4th to suggest he could be very competitive off a mark 102. That race came over CD but he has since ran badly on the flat which may be why he is such a big price. The yard have hit form and this one looks at the right end of the weights to make an impact. Bet365 are a stand out price 20/1 where other firms go as low as 12/1.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 14.05 Kempton Cruchain 1pt win 7-1 (bet365) Won this race last year off a mark of 118 and came 3rd the year before off a mark of 113 so the trainer clearly likes targeting this race, gets in today off a mark of 110 and has won off a mark of 125 before but that came when all other runners were pulled up or fell! Dougie Costello gets the leg up for the ride and been a bit of money about for it already so hopefully a big run can be expected!

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 12.40 Warwick Mirific 1 point win @ 16/1 skybet 365 Heavily backed last time out in the morning, but got a bit lost in the heavy ground to finish a distant 4th. 2 miles round this sharper track will suit better. The ex nicky henderson horse could be getting in light here, with the trainer in form, and a decent 7lb claim off the back. The people who backed him last time may have a go at getting it back tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 15.50 - Kempton - Turn Over Sivola @ 13/2 William Hill / StanJames I think the slightly better ground that Turn Over Sivola will encounter tomorrow will certainly mean that he will go closer than last time out at Cheltenham. That was his handicap debut and he certainly shaped better than his 29L defeat suggests. He travelled well before fading fairly late on and i feel that the slightly better ground and less testing course should play into his favour tomorrow. Considering his unexposed nature his opening mark of 123 doesn't look that harsh, he won a novice hurdle at Plumpton in his previous run in good fashion and some of his other novice/maiden form looks decent. Robert Thornton onboard for Alan King who does well with his hurdlers and hopefully he's got another decent one here in Turn Over Sivola

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 3:35 Warwick: Benheir 1pt win 20/1 Stan James Benheir ran in to Carruthers at Ffos Las last time out. The former Hennessy winner is still very dangerous if he gets away and that second by Benheir may not turn out to be such a bad effort in hindsight. Prior to that that defeat Benheir had won quite nicely at the same track and looked to be on an upward curve. Rebecca Curtis has her string in decent nick and with a going not looking a problem for Benheir a decent run looks likely.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January

3.00 Warwick: Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) (2m5f) The New One looks pretty solid to me here for the Twiston-Davies team of trainer Nigel and son Sam who takes the ride. They think a lot of this horse and expect a big run in March at the Festival, if those dreams are to kept alive he needs to win this well and I think he’s up to the task. Dursey Sound will be popular for the Jonjo/JP and AP combination but for the forecast I like Mickie from the in form henry Daly yard, he looks to have improved for a test of stamina and has more to offer.

Selections:

The New One Evens

Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January Baile Anrai 3.15pm Kempton - 0.5pt EW 10-1 Bet365 (BOG) Baile Anrai has raced once this season and was 9th in a grade 3 chase at Ascot over 3m. Its last run prior to that was in April and looks quite impressive. It won a class 3 novice chase when rated 129 but was on level weights and beat the 134 rated favourite by 24 lengths with a horse rated 130 a further 20 lengths back in 3rd. That was 25f on soft ground and it is only 4lb above that mark today.

15.50 - Kempton - Turn Over Sivola @ 13/2 William Hill / StanJames I think the slightly better ground that Turn Over Sivola will encounter tomorrow will certainly mean that he will go closer than last time out at Cheltenham. That was his handicap debut and he certainly shaped better than his 29L defeat suggests. He travelled well before fading fairly late on and i feel that the slightly better ground and less testing course should play into his favour tomorrow. Considering his unexposed nature his opening mark of 123 doesn't look that harsh, he won a novice hurdle at Plumpton in his previous run in good fashion and some of his other novice/maiden form looks decent. Robert Thornton onboard for Alan King who does well with his hurdlers and hopefully he's got another decent one here in Turn Over Sivola
Really like this one today. Fingers crossed!

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 15.00 Warwick - The New One - WIN @ EVS BET365 BOG Grade 2 novice chase over 2m 5f on expected soft ground (7 runners) Very impressive to date with 2 hurdles wins out of 2 including at Cheltenham on last run. Ground and distance should be no issues and looks a really top class horse. Had excellent bumper form and has lost only one race from 6. This is a good price for a real quality horse.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 15.50 Kempton: Cousin Khee, 7/1 >Betfred, win Cousin Khee won a Jumpers Bumper lto on the a/w at ths venue over today's distance. Second place, who was 4L behind the selection, won by 41L nto. CK's last run over hurdles was back in October when he finished third in a similar contest over a furlong further at Aintree. He has been dropped a pound since then and is in good form judged on his last run. Today's ground should suit. Dougie Costello keeps the ride having been on board lto.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 2:10 punchestown. FLAXEN FLARE may be able to serve this up to Diakali in good fashion. Sold out of Andrew Baldings yard in October he was schooling really well before his hurdling debut, where he was pulling away towards the end. Expected to be a Triumph hurdle contender he must go forward again tomorrow. Heavy ground should hold no fears for him as he looked to be full of running on his debut. With plenty of improvement to come this horse looks like been a smart sort. Best price 2/1 Boylesport.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January Warwick 15:35 - Bradley A horse which is clearly expected to win at some point having been sent off at least joint-favourite on all three of his starts this season, and all three were competitive class 2+ chases at Cheltenham. A relatively poor performance on his most recent start has forced his price out a little for this race and it looks fairly generous as a result. That last run, however, was not as bad as it has was perceived to be. It was certainly not his best effort, but he was staying on when hampered and did keep on again after that but without reaching the leaders. That was also only over 3m1f, which is too short for this horse. His best performance this season came over 3m3f (second behind Welsh National winner, Monbeg Dude) and the extra two furlongs here promises to suit. His form is solid and he always runs his race, while he looks ground versatile. Paddy Brennan is on board again and can ensure the horse fulfils its potential. 1pt win @ 13/2 PP

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 12.40 WARWICK ARTE DEL CALCIO @ 20/1 BET365 BOG ew.5 This one has steadily improved in his three runs to date, the last one being over CD and shrewd trainer could have got him in here off a nice mark. Have been backing trainers NH horses in this month due to his + LSP on each of the last 4 years in January and his horses have run well in general without getting their head in front. Gets weight for age allowance here and their has been money around for it already tonight so the 20/1 looks very big.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 3.50 Kempton - 1pt win Turn Over Sivola @ 13/2 (Hills) You have to respect Forgotten Voice but this will be more testing than small, novice hurdles on good ground and it's plausible if he fails to settle, he will run out of gas late on. Alan King's runner looks a rock solid alternative and I think he's primed to run a cracker here. He was fairly useful in bumpers and his record of 1219 since going over hurdles is strong. The 2nd came to a nice type off the back of a break and the 9th last time was much better than the bare form. He was in 6th going up the hill but faded late on. He seems off a fair mark on his novice exploits and this track should suit. He's a strong-traveller and went as well as most at Cheltenham last time but the combination of the stiff track and heavy ground just found him out. The better ground here and sharper track will play to his strengths - emphasised by the fact he traded at 4, 1.01, 1.62, 2.9 and 2.69 in five of his six career defeats. Will travel around here no problem and should find more when asked than he did last time. The winner made up a large amount of the losing deficit last time as well which exaggerated his performance and I reckon this one will take the beating today.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January *Cruchain > Kempton 2:05 > WIN @ 5/1 Betfred BOG* Won this race last year which means connections will nearly certainly be targeting it again this year. I remember putting £20 on it at Cheltenham last year where it won at the PL meet, where it was beggars belief how it won, was going backwards passed by the other horses, then the 3 horses in front of it all fell and it toodled across the line, so maybe me backing this horse is lucky again. :lol That win at Cheltenham came off 125, and runs off 110 today, so is really well handicapped and won this race easily last year off an 8 pound higher mark.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January Wetherby today for me but I've backed one at Warwick & I'll go with that for the price. Down at Warwick Pete the Feat goes for a sixtimer since joining Charlie Longsdon, he's up 9lb for his last win & 40lb since the first of them & it has to end at some point. Restless Harry is a better hurdler than a chaser & makes too many mistakes for me. I'll go with Rigadin de Beauchene who ran a good race on heavy at Lingfield off the same mark as today LTO & gets in here off a nice weight with his regular jockey taking off another 3lb. Rigadin de Beauchene 1pt win @ 7/1 Boylesport BOG. ​Rio.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 11:45 Lingfield - Ajeeb - Back Looks to have a monumental chance here. Only 3 runners remain after 2 withdrawals this morning and he has plenty in hand on the remaining two rivals. Ajeeb has been running well and almost winning handicaps recently so te fact that he has at least 7lbs in hand on ratings here suggests he'll be hard to beat 1pt win @ 3/10 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 3.35 Warwick - Bradley 7/1 >Bet365 BOG Surely this horse must win this race if he is none the worse for his last run? He has the class to win this, he handles the ground, the form of his two previous Cheltenham runs are really strong and whilst he isn't 100% guarenteed to get the trip, he stayed on well enough over 28f in soft at Cheltenham to suggest he would. I really like Pete The Feat as he has a cracking little horse but this is a big step up and he looked tired LTO in a hard race at Newbury over 4f shorter (albeit on heavy). I also like Rigadin De Beauchene but again I dont think he wants this sort of trip. Overall Bradley ticks all the boxes, and as long as the horse is in good health then he should be hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January Zero to go on with this one as all of them are taking to the track for the first time, Longsdon, King, Twiston Davies, Hobbs - any one of their runners could be a big name in the future, its a very tough puzzle. One that stands out to me going by his jockey is the J.Gallagher runner, D.O'Regan shows up for just the two rides, he has a ride in race 1' and he has a ride in the last race on the card that being Race 7' in my book that's a fair bit of hanging about for what could be for nothing, however am pretty sure D'O'Regan would have been filled in with this 6yr old grey mares chances, so does the horse have a slight sporting chance or is D.O'Regan hanging around for 3-hrs for nothing, well that's the gamble, none of us know and only time will tell. 4:05 Warwick - Celestial Island - 33/1 Sportingbet,0.5 E/W Bet 25/1 Hills & laddies etc etc. ''BOG'' Enjoy your weekend, at ease men.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 12th of January 13:30 Kempton - Westaway @ 14/1 BetVictor (BOG) Todays selection was only beaten 1/2 length last time out over 2m6f in a maiden hurdle but shaped as if today's extended trip should very well suit. He was staying on strongly at the finish and it would come as no surprise to me if he managed to get its head in front today. Tom Cannon gets the leg up today and was on board last time out so should be familiar with this one and the trainer has had 6 places from his last 12 runners including 2 winners so would appear to have his horses going well. Well worth a punt at the prices today. Best of luck all. Gavlar.

11:45 Lingfield - Ajeeb - Back Looks to have a monumental chance here. Only 3 runners remain after 2 withdrawals this morning and he has plenty in hand on the remaining two rivals. Ajeeb has been running well and almost winning handicaps recently so te fact that he has at least 7lbs in hand on ratings here suggests he'll be hard to beat 1pt win @ 3/10 VC BOG
Very strange game eh fella, but fair play to Sir Adam Kirby.