** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Trading Horses In Running

jonjo

I've been interested in trading in running for a number of years. Although I subscribe to a good Trading Service I'm attempting to develop my own strategy for in running trading on horses. I'm not going to try any fancy strategy with the aim being to win 30% per selection with a bonus should the horse go on to win its race. As an example Backing a horse at 7.8 for say £10 would leave me needing to lay the horse off in running at 6 to a stake of £13 to make 30%, but if I lay it off a little lower i.e. at 5.5 then the profit if the horse wins will be over £9. Today and the first selection is Big Mozza in the Maiden at Kempton, the filly improved from her first run to the second run and a decent showing again from the front should see us get our 30%. Backed at 9 and I hope to trade out at 6.4 in running.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Trading Horses In Running Tuesdays choice for a trade is Price of Dreams in the 3.15 at Leicester who was going well last time out before coming to grief when two lengths clear at the last. Still only a six year old and plenty of room for improvement. Currently trading at 7.4 which would leave a lay off price in running or before the off if possible of 5.1 to ensure a 30% profit if matched and 100% profit should he go one to win the race. 3.15 Price Of Dreams.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Hi Mr Magoo, Its sounds a nice theory and may be worth looking into, perhaps on courses where it favours hold up horses. A lot would depend on the in running price of the leader at the 600 mark though, wouldn't fancy laying them at too big a price.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Hi Neil, if I can find more than one a day I'll be happy enough, just depends on how much time I have. I subscribe to a good Trading Service but wouldnt use those ones for this thread. Any day that I've got the time, I'll try and find more than one. Are you a trader yourself?

Periodically- I've got a bit of an aversion to laying so have never bitten the bullet properly. I'm currently out of work so looking to develop a bot. I was specifically interested in why only one as in wondered if you had a profit target or goal and whether a one horse strategy was your preferred method of hitting it.

Re: Trading Horses In Running I dont have a target really, if I could find a dozen or so a day I would be over the moon, more the merrier to me. Having the time to find them is another thing. Good luck with your bot, how far along the road are you?

Playing around with spreadsheets and signing up for various free trials. I've got the skills to write a basic one and have taken a number of hints on it from the Betfair forum but it's very early days: I think my needs could be met by an off the shelf version at the moment and after a trial I can tweak things.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Today in the 2.40 race at Lingfield I've a fancy that Lincolnrose could be our trading horse. She has some poor form to her name but the combination of the all weather polytrack surface and cheek pieces have seem to have given her a lift the last twice where she has gone from the front and finished 3rd both times. Good draw today to attack and hopefully she will run well again. Backed at 7.2 with a view to laying off at 4.9 which would give us our 30% profit unless she wins when the profit will be 104%.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Trading on thw ell handicapped Everbodyknows in the 2.25 at Lingfield. Taken a price of 19 and needing it to trade down to as low as 14 in running to make 30% profit or 105 should he win.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Today's trade is on the all weather at Wolves. Verinco should be able to sustain the pace long enough to trade. I've backed him at 19 and need a lay off price pre race or in running of 14 to make 30% profit or over 100% should he manage to keep his head in front.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Mr Cholcolate Drop is a big price in the 5.00 Wolves, usually makes an effort in his races at some stage and his recent spin will have put him right. Backed at 30 and need to se his price drop to 22 to make a 30% profit or 145% should he win.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Warbond in the 5.15 has been running fairly consistently of late and should go well enough to get us a trade today. I've backed him at 28 and need to see him hit a low of at least 20 to get 30% all green and if he wins its 200% all green.

A faller is never so good. Its a good job I adore horse racing....lol
What happened here jonjo? It's an area I'm interested in but alarm bells are ringing! What sort of a SR do u need to stay in front and I suppose most importantly, are u achieving it? I guess another concern would be an infamous exchange crash!! I note they had a big one on Saturday :(... Nice thread though - something different. Running totals in occasion would add to it tho. GL in the future

Agreed! Need to use Betfair SP' date=' imo, so that everyone has the opportunity to check the results and not rely on someone's dis/honesty at posting prices that may or may not have been available![/quote'] Ain't got a problem with people taking early price, just with editing of posts to fabricate stuff. Like the saint said as well, a profit and loss round up wouldn't go amiss!