Trading Horses In Running

jonjo

You may well be right. The long run will tell us more. On my opening post I said I subscribe to a trading service that's doing me proud and has done for quite a while' date=' when I'm given those selections I follow the markets and try to predict when the price has 'topped out' and then take my price. The idea of this thread is to see if I can find the selections and do it myself without the help from others. What I'm finding is that its difficult to post a long time in front of the race and get the price right!! Quite a few that I've posted so far have drifted to a much bigger price than I took at the time of posting and then traded from the 'bigger price' but not the price that I took. I'll post a P&L at the end of the month and see how it goes from there. Cheers for you input, much appreciated.[/quote'] Not at all... I recall the time of posting being a problem for a previous 'laying' thread as the poster liked to gain as much info as he could from the market before placing his trade and quickly putting together a write-up on here. To my mind, if that's what benefits you then that's what u gotta do! PL is always gonna come second to the cash in your pocket and it's still gonna be a good read. Running styles are no doubt crucial - I've hit a number of placed efforts recently where the IR price has barely moved from SP whilst a number of front runners have gone v short but never really looked like winning to me! Continued GL on the journey! :)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Trading Horses In Running I've taken 9 about Border Station in the 1.50 at Lingfield. He has ran quite well in a couple of these jumpers bumpers of late and early in his career had some decent efforts to his name in NHF races. A 'proper' jockey on board today and no doubt that he will be held up in the early stages of the race but should make an effort around the 4 furlong pole which should be enough to see his price drop so that we can trade out. To make 30% profit I need to trade out at 6.2, should he reach that mark and win, the profit will be 113%. Good luck today whatever you are on.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Border Station was an easy trade in the end, thought I had come a cropper again for putting the post up too early as no sooner had I posted that I'd taken 9 then he drifted out to 12. Not to worry though as he finished second and traded right down to 1.5 in running and was only beaten a short head by the odds on favourite.

Re: Trading Horses In Running So far 5 trades have gone totally against my prices taken, minus 5 points, one winner which yielded +1.15 points and 9 that have yielded .3 of a point each or +2.7 pts. Running total so far is -1.15 points.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Tonight in the 7.20 at Kempton I've taken 12 about Light From Mars, he has a good trading record going right handed and has a couple of pounds swing it the weights with Atlantis Crossing for a length beating, Luke Morris has traded on him the last twice and if he uses the same prominent style of running that he has done in those two races then we should get a trade. I need 8.6 in running to give us a 30% profit or 100% should he win. Good luck whatever you are on.

Re: Trading Horses In Running

So far 5 trades have gone totally against my prices taken, minus 5 points, one winner which yielded +1.15 points and 9 that have yielded .3 of a point each or +2.7 pts. Running total so far is -1.15 points.
Thanks Jonjo - I think this shows that there is definatly some mileage in what u r doing because I reclkon you'd be in the green to BSP. Keep on keeping on m8. 720 K is massivly competitive but I kno LOM traded at 1.2 lto and Storm Runner & Diplomatic have both come out of that race and won since... Might be wrong - that's from memory... Best Of Luck m8

Re: Trading Horses In Running Thanks for those comments Saint, much appreciated. Light From Mars our second winner from 15 selections so far at a nice price, would be showing a profit at win only but thats not the game. A point pulled back so we are now almost level but not quite. -.15 points is the running total.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Hi Dunc, Its quite easy that bit. Say you backed a horse at 9.2 for £100, and you then put in to lay the horse off pre race or in running for a stake of £131 at odds of 7.2 then if matched you would have a level profit of around the £30 after commission, if however you lower the lay off price to 6.4 (same stake £131) then this will leave you with around £30 profit if matched regardless of the result and around £107 profit if the horse goes on to win. Hope that sounds easy enough? Give me a shout if it needs any further explaining.

Re: Trading Horses In Running At Catterick today I've taken 7.4 about Deep Sand in the 1.40 Novices Hurdle. Deep Sand was as good as any of these on the flat and went well on his hurdling debut, finishing a decent second and was hardly given a hard race by Harry Haynes. This is competitive but all we need is for him to trade and I'm needing a pre race or in running lay off price of 5.0 to give me 30% profit or 110% should he arrive in the winners enclosure. Have a great day.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Give It A Chance in the 3.30 is on an upward curve, is still lightly raced and he can go well enough from a big price to maybe give us a trade. Backed at 21 leaves me needing a lay off price of 15.0 to give a 30% profit or 158% should he win.

Re: Trading Horses In Running In the 7.35 at Wolves tonight I've a fancy for Midnight Dream. Three runs at this course and a win and two seconds to show for it, the win came when shedding his maiden tag under Graham Lee who had him up there with the pace throughout. Similar tactics should do to get me a trade, backed at 5.9 means that I will need an in running lay off price of 3.8 to give me a 30% all green screen unless he wins when the green will be 123%.

Re: Trading Horses In Running I've taken 5.6 about Amok in the 2.40 at Catterick. He won a Novices Handicap Hurdle before being found out in a higher grade, then went on to show his well being with a good third in a jumpers bumper at Wolves. This is not the greatest of races and I'm sure that he will hold is own for long enough to still be there two out and see his price come down to give me a trade. I need a pre race or in running lay off price of 3.7 to give me a 30% profit or 100% should he win the race.

Re: Trading Horses In Running Today I've taken 10/1 at Stan James about Super Duplex in the 4.30 at Lingfield. He has an exceleent trading record on the all weather over distances of a mile and upwards. He has been raised 2lb for his latest all weather second over 8 furlongs and I believe that this 10 furlongs will suit him just perfect. I need him to hit a low in running or before the race of 7.8 to give a profit of 30% or a profit of 104% should he manage to win the race.