** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!)

530 Wolves - Rose Garnet - 5/2 - Bet £3.65 Joined new stable from Ireland, beat Pharoh Jake into 2nd who has subseqently won 3 times (twice off 8lbs higher). Finished 2nd next time out 5 lengths clear of the 3rd. I reckon she's a 15/8 shot and will probably start shorter than that.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 14:40 Kempton - Wishfull Thinking @ 5/2 Ladbrokes (BOG) Winner last time out over 2m in a class 2 chase, up in class here off a mark of 162, but could be a big run. Trainer, Philip Hobbs, has his stable in fine fettle at the moment and can add another winner here. Goes well on soft ground, excluding its run at Cheltenham earlier in the year where he was slaughtered by Sanctuaire funnily enough, but Wishfull Thinking is 18lbs better off this time and you must think there was a problem that day. Will relish a slog in the mud over 2m also, which is a big positive. Richard Johnson pilots again as always and is absolutely flying at the moment, you can rely on him to give it everything. He has slammed in 6 winners from his last 11 rides and must fancy his chances to add another here. Best of luck all.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 1.30 - Kempton - Swincombe Flame @ 9/2 PaddyPower I like the look of Swincombe Flame reverting back to hurdles. The 6yo mare returns to the scene of her Lazerote hurdle win last January. Shes had 2 tries over fences this season which have been pretty underwhelming, but atleast ensures she goes into this with a couple of race under her belt this winter. She should cope with the testing ground and the only question in my mind is the step up in trip to over 3m for the first time. Hasnt got many miles on the clock having only had 11 career runs and i personally felt this one should be favourite over One Lucky Lady. Yard in good form and Richard Johnson takes the ride.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 3.10 Leopardstown Questions Answered 1pt EW @ 16/1 >paddypower I like the look of this horse in this very competitive race. He is still relatively unexposed over fences with just 9 starts resulting in 1 win and 4 placed efforts. He has a nice racing weight here and he loves testing ground. His last 3 starts since being returned to fences have been very consistent and he should be able to make his presence felt in this. His latest start was a good effort in the >Paddy Power Gold Cup where he was 1 of 6 horses from 18 to finish the race. He stays and jumps well so I am hoping for a decent showing.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 13.50 Lingfield: Macy Anne @ E/W 25/1 Bet365 This 3yo filly switched yards recently and appeared for Jo Hughes at a racetrack for the first time at Wolverhampton two weeks ago. The bar form of this race looks poor but I thought that absolutely everything went against her there. She had a wide draw to overcome, had a poor start then and was forced to race very wide as a result. She travelled three-four wide all the way but was suddenly very prominent turning for home and maybe hitting too soon the front. She then was hampered by shifting horses in the closing stages and eased down eventually. It's noteworthy that this was her first start after a break since August. She gets another 2lb off her mark nowwhich brings her down to very handy looking mark off 54. Macy Anne is still a maiden but she showed some promise earlier as she finished placed in three maidens at the beginning of her career and finished a very decent second at Bath earlier this year. Jim Crowley takes the ride who is ridding at his best at the moment, so I feel Macy Anne could spring a surprise here tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 7.00 Wolverhampton SPIFER - former Luca Cumani that has only recent joined Marco Botti. Finished down the field on debut for this yard at Lingfield last time but entitled to strip fitter for the run and improve now dropping grade. 9/2 Bet Victor 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 3.45 Kempton: Download The >William Hill App Handicap Hurdle (Class 3) (2m) Tricky race to end the meeting as usual and I think the Nicholls and Henderson horses are worth taking on here. Able Deputy looks ready to strike and was unfortunate last week at Haydock when he found a good opportunity only to come down at the first, he can make amends here. If Chesil Beach Boy can be more patiently ridden I can give him a chance and you have to respect Scorched Son who bolted up last time in the heavy ground and will relish these conditions. Selections: 1pt Able Deputy 5/1 (BetVic/WH)

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 2:00 Leopardstown JEZKI looks the horse to beat here. From a high class family this horse is 3/3 over hurdles winning a Grade 1 last time at Fairyhouse. His jumping was a bit awkward to start with but then got himself into a nice rhythm jumping straight and quickly. The good horses and pace last time out also brought the better out of him. JEZKI looks a really nice horse for the future and with improvement still on the cards this individuals raw talent should a force to be reckoned with at the spring festivals. Best Price 11/8 boylesports.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 12:25 Kempton: Irish Saint 1pt win 5/6 Coral Irish Saint won a Listed hurdle at Auteuil so its likely the ground won't be a problem here today. Its hard to weigh up the form and the placed horses don't appear to have franked it. However, there is every chance Irish Saint will improve a fair bit for joining champion trainer Paul Nicholls, and with Ruby Walsh on board Irish Saint should be hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 11:45 Lingfield - Saga Lout - Back Made a promising debut when a decent 3rd and then built on that when winning really nicely lto. He has been given a really decent opening mark for his nursery debut here, been strongly backed all morning and all things considered, looks a standout bet here 1pt win @ 4/7 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) *Saddlers Mot > Wetherby 3:25 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 20/1 Bet365 BOG* Is 100% over this trip of 3m 1f, winning at Southwell on soft back in May. Goes on heavy ground which is very important. Has a mark of 93, but the female rider takes off 7 pounds, so at the weights has a very good chance if back near it's best. Seems to place a lot, this horse and 2 of the last 3 times it ran on heavy it finished 2nd. Family partnership here with the Tutty crew, trainer and jockey are both Tutty's so it is interesting to see a few quid for the horse.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 1.50 Lingfield Not the greatest grade but all the same an interesting race with a couple last time out winners. Menadati has caught the eye last twice when finishing well but not sure this mile trip ideal and will need them to go hard up front and just looks tricky. Jumbo Prado is potentially well handicapped on his best form but badly out of sorts when last seen and reliant on change of scenery reigniting the spark. Community has ran respectably recently and drop back to mile going to defenetily be a positive, draw not ideal and although handicapper starting to relent still looks high enough. Gallantry won last time out, he is a loveable sort but isn’t as consistent as he once used to be and probably better around Kempton these days unlikely to get such a soft run to the line this time and 6lb rise looks particularly harsh given how the race unfolded. Fonterutoli has been well backed this morning and you can sort of understand why if excusing his run last time out in an amateur handicap. He has been finishing well prior to last time out but his mark just about holds him looking at those runs. Bertie Blu Boy got his head back in front last time out dropped to a basement mark and first time blinkers, got a soft lead that day and unlikely to get things so easy this time, up 7lb for that effort which might be enough to scupper the follow up although potentially still well treated on his very best form and draw been rather unkind again in stall 9. For me Storm Runner should take all the beating, he will appreciate the good gallop that is likely and his run style is particularly suited to the way they swing around the home bend around here finishing with a rattle off the pace. He was only beaten by the very well treated Honey Of A Kitten in apprentice race who was under a much more experienced rider aswell. Well drawn to tuck in and Mongan takes the ride. 1pt win Storm Runner 3/1 boyles

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) Kempton 3.45 - Able Deputy 5/1 BetVictor BOG This horse fell at the first LTO but that aside he has some very solid form in the book. He needrd the run when 5th at Cheltenham (strong forn) before finishing closely behind Tankero Emery in a competitive race at Sandown. That winnr has since gone in again. The Ground holds no fears.

14:50 Limerick Sumkindasuprstar 6/1 Bet365 BOG 0.5 EW I think this is a 4/1 horse but taking the EW as I've still got a nagging doubt. A course and distance winner this time last year, he was third at Fairyhouse last time out with wins at Clonmel and Roscommon in between. Should be fitter from the Fairyhouse run where he didn't look to like the distance so should go well over longer today with cheekpieces on. Distance is 19f120y. Breeding isn't that interesting, dam was a half sister to D'Argent.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 1.15 Lingfield - 1pt win West Side @ 22/1 (Bet365) Price looks on the large side for Michael Quinn's runner here. Still unexposed after just six runs and has shown promise on all occasions. Looked like a mile in handicaps on the all-weather would suit after staying on over 6f in maidens and ran okay over 7f off marks of 60 and 59 in the summer of 2011. Runs off 52 today and was only beaten 5 3/4l after the best part of 18 months off the track when reappearing earlier this month. That was under an inexperienced pilot as well so the booking of Richard Kingscote is more interesting today. Fitness on his side now and could outrun his price from a good draw in a weak race.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 14.05 Kempton Sanctuaire 1pt win @ 5\4 PP BOG Will probably go off like the Mad Hatter again and if the others try to follow they will be run into the ground. This time with no Sprinter Sacre in the line up should have it's own way up front and no fears of any catching up. Has won a grade 2 on soft at this distance and Ruby will be riding to win the race and not like last time trying to beat the wonder horse. Good price for a horse what should be odds-on.

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 5.00 - Wolverhampton - Invigilator Consistent horse who has impressive record of 2-1-2-2 in his 7 races since August. Won at Nottingham last time out, getting the better of a couple of horses who are stronger than anything in today's field. Wouldn't be surprising to see him romp to victory here. 1pt win @ 7/2 Betfred

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 2 late ones;

530 Wolves - Rose Garnet - 5/2 - Bet £3.65 Joined new stable from Ireland, beat Pharoh Jake into 2nd who has subseqently won 3 times (twice off 8lbs higher). Finished 2nd next time out 5 lengths clear of the 3rd. I reckon she's a 15/8 shot and will probably start shorter than that.
7.00 Wolverhampton SPIFER - former Luca Cumani that has only recent joined Marco Botti. Finished down the field on debut for this yard at Lingfield last time but entitled to strip fitter for the run and improve now dropping grade. 9/2 Bet Victor 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - 27th December - Thursday (I think!) 19.30 Wolverhampton: Awesome Rock, 9/1 Stan James, win Awesome Rock is still a maiden but his last two runs suggest his first win isn't too far away. Lto he finished fourth, just 2L behind the winner. He couldn't quicken with the winner so today's step back up in trip will suit. Before that he was beaten by just a short head over today's distance. He ran a cracker but he was headed on the line by the fast finishing Sir Dylan. The third place that day, who was 3L back, won nto.