** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Reading v Arsenal (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.67[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December I don't care how badly Reading are doing, I wouldn't touch Arsenal at that price, they're in disarray. They may well have a point to prove after getting knocked out of the League Cup by Bradford but they've had a point to prove for ages now and done very little. In 8 league away matches they've won only twice. Considering Reading +1 Asian Handicap (5/6 with Bet365 and Betvictor) but happy to hear opinions of others first.

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December I personally will not touch Arsenal. They are so inconsistent, haven't won a trophy for almost a decade and it is unlikely to change any time soon. All sides in the Premier League are improving while Arsenal keeps selling their top players. I would say that 4th place would be an achievement for them this season. reading played really well against Man.United and I personally think they might get something out of this game.

Silly price on Arsenal here. Despite the fact Reading are demonstrating their lack of quality, Arsenal are really struggling for consistency, and Reading are fighting for their lives. You could probably stick your house on the overs tbh. I don't see this being a dull 0-0.

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December I've been stalking these forums a while without contributing, and I'm not promising to contribute anything too rich now either! Some really good chat and info on here and try to check out all the threads before I place bets. I digress - I'm a Reading fan and extremely worried by the lack of class we've got in our side, January can't come quick enough. I find that supporters often under estimate their own team's chances in a game, which you could level against me here as I don't think we have a chance in this game. With Guthrie acting like a child and Karacan injured we've got Leigertwood and Tabb in CM, and on the wings Kebe and H R-K unlikely to be ready we'll have McCleary, who showed promise initially but has faded, and McEnuff who is failing to deliver. Morrison is injured so Pearce will play again and we've got no cover up front with only Hunt and Alfie who have played at this level (and can't quite cut the mustard). All in all not good enough in any position apart from the full backs and possibly keeper. There's a reason we've only got 9 points, our team simply isn't good enough. Everton should have been 3 up in the first half against us and I'll never know how we got that one and only solitary win. We have never beaten Arsenal and I don't see that changing here and would be very surprised [and thankful] to see a draw. I know Arsenal are unreliable - they have busted afew of my multiples in the past - but they will be too good for Reading I fear. As someone has already mentioned, I think there will be goals too. Expecting about 3-1 to the Gooners but my money will probably go on the away win and over 2.5 goals. Not sure on the pts but if it's a scale of 1-10.... Arsenal WIN 7pts @ 1.66 PPower over 25 goals 5pts @ 1.61 PP

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December We're too short, no doubt about that. Awful performance at Bradford with a 'strong' line-up, we throw these performances in every odd week these days. The problem for Reading will be whether they can play in a way that disrupts us, get loads of men back, bit of urgency pressing our players on the ball, hit on the counter-attack. I'm not so sure it's in their nature to do it, it might turn it to be a you have a go, we have a go type match which would suit us. You give Cazorla and co space and they can do damage. I actually think we'll win but wouldnt go near us at 1.6ish, over should be a goer too but I suspect the price is terrible.

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December So tempted to go for Reading in this. Maybe on a handicap. Arsenal struggling to score. Reading letting in goals to teams who CAN score. Reading starting games well and scoring.... 3-2 Reading anyone? :D

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December 5pts Over 3.5 goals 13/8 William Hill I think we saw all we needed to in the first match between these two to suggest there will be goals in this match. Both sides are infinitely better going forward than they are at defending so while I don’t expect to see 12 goals again I do expect to see at least four goals. We saw in the Reading vs Man Utd game a few weeks ago that the Royals can have a go at the top sides so I’m confident they will score while Arsenal should too. Over 3.5 goals at 13/8 looks a cracking bet to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/reading-vs-arsenal-betting-two-attacking-sides-can-play-out-another-high-scoring-game-at-the-madejski

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December I like Arsenal to win here it is currently @ 1.7 on Betfair and I believe this price will get to around 1.8 before K/O so will hope to jump it on there. Arsenal are not a bad team. Despite the media who are bizarrely always on Wenger and Arsenal's backs they have enough quality to go on a winning run of 5/6 games. They lost the QF to Bradford on a lottery shootout but I don't think a lot should be made of this, despite not having chances in the first 60 minutes they were absurdly unlucky not to win it by 1 or 2 clear goals before the shootout. Reading are going down. They have poor quality in all areas of their team and I think more importantly they don't have a ruggedness or grit to see games out they are leading. They have just slumped to the bottom of the table and in McDermott's personal and interview responses he doesn't look like a man to really pull up the troops. I also notice that Reading are a very unfit team, probably due to the amount of ageing starts in their team or their tactics, but Arsenal are usually effective and more potent against teams who tire especially in the last 20. Wenger and Arsenal usually respond when they are written off. They do well to take criticism on the chin and respond when the pressure is off, and even though Van Persie will not be their to bail them out as much this season I can't see them not winning this. Some depends on who is fit, as Walctt Giroud is far better than the abysmal Ramsey and Gervinho in those respective positions. Even with the first 2 unfit I would still be confident to back them but maybe not as strongly. I think Arsenal at 1.7-1.8 and -1 AH at 2.3 will be my plays for tomorrow :ok I will wait for team news and betting movements

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Arsenal -v- Reading My pick: Reading +1 Asian Handicap with Pinnacle @ 1.78 odds (1/10 stakes) Arsenal make the short journey out of London tomorrow evening as they travel to Reading in a must win game for both clubs. Reading now find themselves in last place in the league, after QPR finally picked up a win at the weekend. They have gone on a run now of 5 defeats in a row, and the last thing they need is a wounded Arsenal coming to visit. Arsenal come into tomorrow's tie, knowing that this is their worst start to a Premier League season under manager Wenger. Matters were made worse when they were knocked out last week to Bradford from the 4th tier of English football in the League Cup on penalties. Wenger and his team know that there is no room for failure tomorrow, as they try to climb up the table and re-gain the fight for the top four over the busy Christmas period. However, I do not hold faith in this Arsenal side to come out tomorrow and make it easy for themselves. We must remember that only a few weeks ago they needed extra time to defeat Reading in the League Cup. That was a crazy football match that ended 7-5 in Arsenal's favour that night, and I feel Reading will be seeking some revenge from that night. Furthermore, I don't truly believe in Arsenal's ability to fight for themselves. They simply do not have the required mentality or spirit needed for such tasks. They certainly have abundant quality, but for a long time now they have lacked a true leader in their team, and without such a focal point they have often looked lost in attempting to play through their manager's philosophy. Arsenal welcome back a host of injured players tomorrow, including Walcott, Koscielny and Giroud. Reading are also welcoming back Jason Roberts and Pavel Pogrebnyak, but Jem Karacen, Jimmy Kebe and Sean Morrison remain sidelined. Certainly Arsenal have one of their strongest teams available and therefore really shouldn't have any excuses for competing tomorrow, while Reading are still a few players short of their first eleven, but I personally don't believe this will matter too much tomorrow. Reading have only lost twice this season at home. 3-1 to Spurs and 4-3 to Manchester United a few weeks ago. They have a good home record, and are absolutely desperate to turn things around now for their manager. It won't be an easy task for Reading to get something out of this game, and they may have to play very ugly to do so - but at the same time they did show against United that they can attack effectively and score goals. I think the +1 Asian Handicap should cover the possibility of Arsenal winning by one goal, and I don't see Arsenal running riot at all tomorrow. They simply do not have the confidence to do so right now. Therefore there is enough value to choose this line with a low stakes bet.

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Sometimes you have to go with your heart and my heart is telling me that Arsenal are going to bounce back after their humiliating defeat midweek to Bradford. I know there is no hard evidence to think otherwise but I just can't see Arsenal rolling over and letting Reading walk all over them tomorrow night. Yes, Arsenal have been playing terribly inconsistently as of late, but all I feel they are really missing is a clinical finisher. Someone like Van Persie who really is replaceable after turning his back on Arsenal and moving over to Man Utd. I know looking at the following fact doesn't mean a great deal considering Arsenals current form but you still have to consider it before going ahead and placing any significant bets: The Royals have scored just one goal against the Gunners in their four previous Premier League meetings, while Arsene Wenger's side have notched 11. For me, this is the turning point and I really see Arsenal going out to prove themselves tomorrow night against Reading. There's no doubt in my mind it's going to be a difficult content but Arsenal have been through it time and time again. So for, I'm going with the following bet. You may choose to agree, you may choose to disgaree and call me an absolute maniac but this is gambling after all and I'm going on nothing but a hunch. So here goes nothing: Reading vs Arsenal : Arsenal - 1 @ 2.1 w/ Paddy Power

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December

Arsenal's too inconsistent, but I cant possible put money on Reading. I think I'll be letting this game run by the wayside.
Yeah, I agree. Id like to take a gamble on Reading here but actually don't see value in their odds. No bet for me

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.71 pinnacle A win for Arsenal here moves them up three places and will sit just two points off third placed Chelsea. Expect them to bounce back from the disappointment of losing to Bradford during the week as they can now focus on the league for the next couple of months. They should welcome back several of their key players which will bring them to closer to full strength. There were quite a few positives to take out of their 2-0 home win over West Brom and like them to do well against this Reading side that has lost their last five games, and allowed at least three goals in 4 of their last 9 EPL games to teams like Sunderland, Man Utd, Wigan and Fulham. 46-94 (-31.67)

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December For all Arsenal have inconsistencis, Does anyone really beleive Reading will upset here, ? The very best for Reading has to be a draw, does it not, and even then you are clutching. But the odds here tonight are so very tight either way, were is the angle? Im working on this game later, ill try n find something..

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December The bottom line is that Arsenal cannot replace van Persie. He scored so many goals for them at vital stages last season. Away from home they are just not scoring, but reading are terrible at home. Does a non scoring team away against a porous team at home start scoring ? Do the goals just dry up completely ? Reading show a complete inability to defend. 1 clean sheet at home this season. Conceding over 2 goals 3 times at home this season. Reason says Arsenal do have the talent to win the game. They really should win easily, but they are playing crap soccer. This is ARSENAL against READING ffs !!!! It should be a no contest... I just can't pull the trigger here :\ . Every bet scares me. Will just risk the minimum (1 unit) on a correct scoreline 2-0 arsenal. 8.5 -1 various

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Some Stats I found n paste for you all Reading and Arsenal have met 10 times in all competitions, with the Gunners winning them all The two sides have already met once this season, in the Capital One Cup, with Reading taking a 4-0 lead, only to be pegged back to 4-4 and losing 7-5 after extra time In that match, Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick with all three goals being netted in added time at the end of the first half (45), second half (90) and extra time (120) Reading have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games at the Madejski Stadium (W1 D5 L4) Arsenal have won none of their last six away games in all competitions (W0 D4 L2) The Royals have only managed one clean sheet in the league all season, the lowest tally of all Premier League sides Reading have thrown away more points from winning positions than any other Premier League sides this term (17) Arsenal have conceded the lowest number of second-half goals in the top-flight this season (six) while Reading have shipped the joint-most (20) The Gunners have made the most passes in the Premier League this season (9221) while the Royals have made the fewest (4823) Per Mertesacker has made more last man tackles than any other Premier League player this season (seven)

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Reading V Arsenal. Corners over 11.5.... 5/6 stan james , bet365 100 points ...........................Corners over 12.5.....6/4 stan james, 40 points I dont see this game as being dull, with both sides producing an average of just under 7 per game. Both sides are happy to concede, rather than trying anything fancy, Saftey is first n formost. And with Reading conceding massive amount of play in the second half of games, I see corner after corner, especially if they are defending a lead. GL all

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December

Rio, can you tell me what's the source of these stats (passes, tackles etc.)? thanks
Sure Go to ARSENALFC,,,pretty good for stats n games coming up. Some very good reads on the game from Arsenal and Independent point of view. GL

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Reading Average 1.18 goals per game. Shots on target 4.44 per game (4.27 shots on target to score) Shots wide 6.25 per game Home games against sides in the upper reaches Man Utd (H) L 3-4 Everton (H) W 2-1 Spurs (H) L 1-3 Arsenal Average 1.62 goals per game. Shots on target 6.88 per game ( 3.77 shots on target to score) Shots wide 6.81 per game Away games against strugglers Aston Villa (A) D 0-0 thats it, I guess its debatable whether Villa are strugglers. looking deeper, Arsenal really have had some hard games so far. They have only played QPR at home from the lower reaches and they beat them. They have had a couple of shockers in Norwich and Swansea but both of these sides are doing ok so far this season. Ignoring the perilous situation behind the scenes at Arsenal I think they are worth a punt tonight. Also considering Reading have managed to score at home against some of the stronger sides ..... Back Arsenal @ 1.67 Paddy Power 7/10 Over 2.5 goals @ 1.62 Ladbrokes 6/10 Both teams to score @ 1.62 Bet365 5/10

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December I am with those going for an Arsenal win. I can't see Reading winning this at all but then again who on Earth could have predicted Peterborough winning at Cardiff at the weekend. Football is a funny old game but surely Arsenal will have too much for what I consider to be the worst team in the Premier League. Are Arsenal really in crisis? I don't think so. Yes they are nowhere near the top 2 now but is anyone? A win tonight will see them go joint 5th and only 2 points off 3rd place. I will be shocked and very afraid of this bet if I see Gervinho or Chamakh anywhere near the starting 11 tonight. Arsenal have won every previous game against Reading and I fancy that trend to continue. Reading have one just once all season in the League and have lost their last 5 games. Arsenal's away form recently hasn't exactly been great but it's not that bad and I would expect a reaction from their players tonight. Even if you look at their surprise loss against Bradford, it wasn't as if Bradford played Arsenal off the park. Arsenal made 28 chances in that game compared to 5 from Badford. I simply put it down to Gervinho and Chamakh being absolutely TERRIBLE. I can safely say I am a better footballer than both of them... Anyways I would be very disappointed if Arsenal can't win this one. I have backed them already but I am sure their may better prices around. Arsenal (-1) 5pts @ 8/5 Hills

Re: Reading v Arsenal > Mon 17th December Looking like the Pog and Jase will be back for Reading tonight but don't expect Pog to be very match fit. On the other hand Walcott looks like he might start so expect price on Arsenal to come in further. Went in on the Arsenal win earlier with an emotional hedge if it goes tits up!