Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.61 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th This sounds ridiculous but we could beat Sunderland in 'arry's first game on Tuesday night. Again some poor defensive marking let in Utd at the weekend and if we take our chances, we should score. I saw the Sunderland WBA game and saw that Sunderland could threaten coming forward and also dangerous from set pieces however they are not great at the back either and lack in confidence at the moment. Our away form (& elusive win) must improve soon so i really hope its the new manager syndrome tomorrow night which would pile more pressure on manager o'neill

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th

This sounds ridiculous but we could beat Sunderland in 'arry's first game on Tuesday night. Again some poor defensive marking let in Utd at the weekend and if we take our chances, we should score. I saw the Sunderland WBA game and saw that Sunderland could threaten coming forward and also dangerous from set pieces however they are not great at the back either and lack in confidence at the moment. Our away form (& elusive win) must improve soon so i really hope its the new manager syndrome tomorrow night which would pile more pressure on manager o'neill
Law of averages Bowles. Your bound to get one right soon. :rollin All jokes aside, this Sunderland side is rubbish. I would expect QPR to get a draw from the game at least.

Law of averages Bowles. Your bound to get one right soon. :rollin All jokes aside, this Sunderland side is rubbish. I would expect QPR to get a draw from the game at least.
Last year was 2-3 and 3-1 both wins to Sunderland, high scoring matches, so would youn be tempted to go for an over bet with these 2 defences at thier worst? Or will it be a cagey game as neither team wants to lose !

Last year was 2-3 and 3-1 both wins to Sunderland' date=' high scoring matches, so would youn be tempted to go for an over bet with these 2 defences at thier worst? Or will it be a cagey game as neither team wants to lose ![/quote'] Very hard to know. I certainly did not expect 6 goals in the Sunderland v West Brom game, that was a shock for me. In general, i would struggle to back over's when Sunderland are concerned this season, as they are normally very solid defensively and lack up front. But the past 2 games have easily gone over, and they look suspiciously weak at the back, in particular John O'Shea who was woeful against the Baggies. I, for the first time this season, believe QPR will get a result here with Harry in charge.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Sunderland lack goal threat, QPR were brilliant in first half against Man U, if QPR can get a goal before they stop playing football (usually around the 60 min mark) then I can see them winning 1-0, 2-0. That said 2 Pts QPR 23/10 Bet365

Q.P.R. + 0.25 @ 1.975 - bet365. I agree with Bowles here In saying that I think this is the ideal time for Rangers to get something, and the right club for them to be facing at this present moment in time. They haven't ever been too far away from getting something out of a lot of games, and while I'm not one for believing in the new manager syndrome and things like that, the appointment of 'Arry will surely have a positive effect as I think he will see this tie as a winnable game, and will pick a team capable of achieving what he wants. I don't think he'll have any hesitation in dropping big name players that aren't delivering.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Harry told the players that they should improve or they will get dropped. (BBC Football) [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20492605] I watched Sunderland game against West Brom and their performance was poor compared with QPRs against us. I expect QPR to win tomorrow and 9/4 (Coral) it is good value. Big stakes.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Arrgghhh, having trigger trouble here. I do think that QPR can get somekind of result with the Redknapp boost, I also thought they countered nicely against Utd but a lot of teams can counter them effectively at the momment as Fergie is having trouble with their openness. I think the problem I maybe having with the Sunderland V QPR game is quantifying the prices, difficult to ascertain value. Perhaps I would like QPR a shade longer so I could get them on the +0.50 line as I don't think Sunderland are just gonna role over and die, draw seems a lot more likely than QPR win in my view but still highly speculative. I am going to sit this one out but QPR on a positive seems like the natural selection here.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Sunderland-Queens Park Rangers AH+0.5 @1.72 4/10 12bet Sunderland are in a really bad form. They lost their home match against West Bromwich Albion with 2:4 on saturday and showed an awful performance. O'Shea was poor in defence and on top, he and captain Cattermole were injured and are out now. Defenders Brwon and Bramble are already out with injury which will leave coach O'Neill with heavily restricted options for this fixture. Their only win in recent weeks was their victory at Craven Cottage but Fulham were down to 10 men with just half an hour done. Their goals came from set pieces and a really good effort following a counter attack. If Fulham weren't down to 10 men, they would have kept at least one point as they had several big chances to score as Petric for example who failrd in a one on one against Sunderland's keeper Mignolet. QPR sacked their coach as we already now and took Harry Redknapp in charge. He knows how to deal with difficulties and managed to lead other teams to success like Tottenham when they were at the bottom of the table and feared to be relegated and nevertheless guided them to a 8th spot. Strikers Zamora and Johnson are still out. Despite that, I cannot see how a poo Sunderland should beat QPR here. QPR are really poor themselves no doubt about that but we all know what an effect a new manager can have. QPR's winless streak cannot continue and this is the perfect opportunity to take at least a point here. GL

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Good luck to anyone taking QPR with big stakes in any game in the premiership. They have got 4 points from their first 12 games in the league with a goal difference of -16. Besides the west brom game sunderland keep things relatively tight at home although they are without Brown and O'Shea but more importantly Cattermole. I can see why this could be a good first game for Harry but its not as if they're scoring goals for fun, a lot is made of Sunderland's woes in front of goal but they've actually scored more goals away than QPR. Think I'll dodge this.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th I'm finding it extremely hard to form an opinion on this one. Like others, I do quite fancy QPR to get something from this game but the big unknown is how Redknapp will approach it. Sunderland could be 11 points clear of QPR if they win this game and with Aston Villa at Upton Park on saturday, the last thing QPR need is another confidence draining defeat. The defensive problems faced by Sunderland could result with them playing an even less expansive game than usual and this could end up a pretty drab affair. Likewise an early goal could open the game right up and we could end up with a goalfest which isnt uncommon in this fixture. I just can't make my mind up so will do the right thing and swerve it

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th QPR +0.25AH @ 2.05 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 Difficult one to call but I think the value is on QPR. I believe that having a new manager does give struggling teams a boost because players start fighting harder for their place in the side, I also think that if a manager is unpopular then it can be a breath of fresh air when he finally goes, particularly if it seemed inevitable. I'm not sure how popular Hughes was, but I think the players will be more relaxed now that it has finally happened; I don't think footballers like the uncertainty of not knowing who will be in charge and the media spotlight being on them in a negative way. I have read studies showing that it is good value in the long term to bet on team's with a new manager, but then again it does seem to be factored in to the price. You'd normally expect Sunderland to be evens or even below for this game, were Hughes still in charge. However, I think in this case that the honeymoon period will be especially pronounced, as it was when O'Neill took over at Sunderland- ironically. Why? Because Redknapp is an especially good manager, and this is the sort of situation in which he tends to excel. QPR have a lot of talented players and he will get the best out of most of them. They already looked much better against United, whilst Sunderland's performance against West Brom seemed to confirm to me they really do have problems. I have been expecting them to come out of their rut but after playing well against Everton and winning at Fulham I thought they would put in a much better performance at the weekend. I still think O'Neill is the right manager for them if they stick with him long-term but I think the value is on QPR in this game. It's more of an instinctive call rather than a bet which I *know* is value but I'm putting it on nevertheless, with 2.5 points.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th QPR @ 2.5 - are they due to catch a win here , sunderland not impressive last match in my mind, and with qpr new manager (not sure if this is accurate info) strong lean towards them will enjoy others opinions before this contest , thanks

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th It came as quiet a shock to me when QPR were beaten at home by saints. But having watched Southampton on the weekend against Newcastle, that result makes sense. Saints are a lot better than people are giving them credit for. Nigel Adkins is a fantastic manager, and his adjustments are working. QPR have probably had one of the toughest 7 away games schedule in the league this season. Norwich, Man City , Tottenham, WBA , Arsenal, Stoke , and Man United. It will get easier for them. They have not been hammered by anyone, but have conceded 3 goals 3 times. So it has to be work a little harder, play a bit smarter, defend a bit better, catch a lucky break, and a result is just around the corner. They certainly should not feel second rate to a weak, out of sync Sunderland team. Have said that, I still have a feeling of doubt and uncertainty. After that loss against Saints, I just cannot get myself to pull the trigger here. They need a win like 'oxygen' but even with some Harry Magic , it may remain elusive. Its a bit like the poker advice of 'find a reason not to play the hand' ! I think I'll sit on the fence here and just watch .....

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Over 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle Sunderland have scored and conceded in each of their last three EPLgames, as they are missing O'Shea in defence, while Cattermole, who sits in front and protects the back four, is another important player that is out for this game. With their manager having to deflect attention from his own performances amid rumours he may be on his way out, then expect the players to lift for him to get a result here. QPR have just sacked their manager and Redknapp has come in, and he has instructed the players to lift their game, or they are out. They have scored and conceded in 8 of their last 11 EPL games, as well as in 5 of their 7 away games. QPR played well for the first part of the match away to Man Utd, so they will take xcome comfort from that and will look to carry on from there. Both teams scored in both of last years fixtures with Sunderland winning 3-2 away and then 3-1 at home, and like this be another game with goals in it, with the over likely as both teams are desperate for a win 30-58 (-18.48)

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th After much deliberating, i can't have a bet on this match. Sunderland have terrible home form, only 1 win in 5. QPR have terrible away form, 0 wins in 7. Sunderland have lost 3 of their last 4 games. QPR have not won a game this season. What cancels out Harry's introduction for me is Sunderland's head to head record against QPR. Sunderland have never lost to QPR in last 9 attempts, winning their last 5. Sunderland are likely to be without Cattermole and O'Shea. QPR welcome back Ji Sung Park. I don't know, my heart says QPR will get a result, but statistically it looks like a match to stay away from, so i will stay away from it.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th I have to admit I thought everyone would be on a QPR win when I came on here to have a look at everyones thoughts. Football is a funny old game and we are all aware of the effect a new manager can have on a team, especially someone who is a great motivator such as Harry. I think all previous form has to be thrown out of the window here. I fancy QPR to win tonight against a struggling Sunderland side. Their manager is under pressure and they are not playing very well. QPR have the players to do well and Harry will undoubtedly get the best out of them. Whether it happens tonight or in a few games, their form will definitely pick up. I think they are worth chancing here at the prices. QPR's form may not be as bad as their results would suggest. Losing to Man Utd would be expected, no team has won at Stoke for months, an unlucky 1-0 defeat to Arsenal, a 1-0 loss to Everton who are playing well this year and a loss at home to Southampton which is by far their result in recent weeks but even they might be finding their form in the league now and backed up the win with 3 points against Newcastle. I may be clutching at straws here but I fancy QPR to win tonight under Harry for the first time. Sunderland have defensive problems with Wes Brown, Titus Bramble and John O'Shea all out. QPR have problems up front but I believe they have enough cover to come. I fancy plenty of goals in the game as we all know how Harry likes to play, added to the fact Sunderland have defensive problems and the onus is on them to attack being the home side. QPR win 3pts @ 11/5 Bet365 Over 3.5 goals 2pts @ 5/2 Ladbrokes

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Anyone betting QPR here is a braver man than me, their away form is just horrific. 0 wins in their last 20 away games (85% losses, 15% draws) 0 clean sheets in their last 20 away games. Their last away win was just over a year ago in Nov 2011 in a hard fought 3-2 vs Stoke. QPR have scored 1 goal or less in 16 of their last 20 away games. QPR have faced Sunderland 6 times since 2004/05 season. Sunderland won 5, with 1 draw. In all 6 of those games, both teams scored and the score went over 2.5. You have to go back to 1990/91 for the last time QPR beat Sunderland. I'm pretty torn on this game. Given their form and the head to heads I think QPR is a little short right now. They're priced on Betfair to be winning this around 29% of the time, which just doesn't sit right with me. I'm tempted to lay them as I'd be surprised if QPR got more than a point out of this. That said, I think the clearest value for me is over 2.5 @ 2.32 with Betfair. Sunderland's defense is a bit vulnerable at the minute, conceding 6 in the last 3 games to mid-table sides. But they also scored 6 in those 3 games, and created plenty of chances against West Ham (10 shots on target). So with a combination of recent performance, head to heads and both teams foaming at the mouth at the possibility of 3 points here, I can see enough chances converted to cover the over 2.5.

How certain are we that neither O'Shea or Bramble will start this game? I've heard Bramble is ready' date=' and O'Shea has a 50% chance of playing.[/quote'] O'Shea is listed as very doubtful, while Bramble has been back from injury for the last two weeks, but just hasn't been ok to train. Tbh either, or both being in or out isn't a deal breaker for me because O'Shea has seen his best years at United and has never IMO been a strong defender. Again, IMO, Titus Bramble has never been the strongest defender in the world. Fair enough he's improved in his later years, but we're not talking about Bonny Moore here. He's only played three league games this season anyway, and I can't see him playing tonight if he hasn't trained since being injured. He will more than likely make the bench, with Matt Kilgannon possibly coming in if O'Shea doesn't make it.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th The main thing about this match tonight is that anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if either side won, lots of goals or no goals. Much of the match will depend on Harry will setup his side. If he goes attacking and allows the players to express themselves I can see an open game. If they use the same tactics as the Man Utd game then it will be a pretty tight and dull match because I don't think Sunderland have the attacking qualities to break down QPR. I will decide my bets during match and see how both teams start. Will prob go Under/Over 2.5 market though all depending on how the game goes.....

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Sunderland v QPR QPR Draw No Bet @ 5/4 Paddypower I was at the United-QPR game at the weekend and QPR did give United a real test, defensively they were set up well and counter attacked well too. With Redknapp now at the helm this could be just what QPR need to give them that boost to start getting results as they do have a pretty decent squad of players. Sunderland have looked really poor and haven't really seemed to 'click' as of yet. Wasn't going to have a bet on this but have decided to go with the Draw no bet as both teams form is pretty similar, but with a new direction the time to come good for QPR should be tonight.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th I would be going for a draw in this game on a normal day...but not today! Sunderland have won all 5 of the last meetings, all 5 of those have been over 2.5goals and Both Teams have scored in all 5 also. Neither team is having a good season and I would expect this to be a lot tighter than it has in previous years due to the poor fortune of both. I think QPR have a good enough squad to avoid relegation and with the appointment of Redknapp they may now acheive that but this change in management makes this a no bet for me. It has just thrown a spanner in the works and, as others have said, it seems like anything could happen in this one. If pushed I'd say a 1-1 draw but I will not be putting any of my own money down! Good luck all.

I know I've backed Q.P.R. To basically not lose, and I'm not trying to undermine anyone else's selections :) but I just don't see how those head to heads are relevant? They've played each other three times in recent years at the Stadium of Light, and only one of those head to heads was in the Premier League with the other two games coming in the Championship, the most recent being 2007. Prior to that you have to go back to 1998.

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th sunderland got caught out by brilliant passing by westbrom and caused them to chase the game which is why they lost by four goals on the day but i'm expecting them to get back to being hard to beat again. it will take some time for harry redknapp to turn the fortunes of qpr but i think it should a positive evening for both sides. i'm siding with the draw on this one

Re: Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers > Tuesday Nov 27th Odds look quite fair I;d say, actually I'm thinking that QPR suddenly look less appealing as the price hits 3.00. The thought process is that new manager syndrome will have an effect and I think it just might. Saying that, despite Sunderland's crap form, I do think they are a better side than QPR. Both unbackable for me right now , I'd say draw with a gun to my head.