BBOTD Sunday 4th November

Carlisle 310 - Rolecarr 14/1 William Hill BOG This horse must have a decent chance in an average race tomorrow and the price looks to big to leave alone (Betvictor have him at 8's!). He has already had a race this season to blow away the cobwebs and he shaped nicely enough, suggesting that he would be better for it. He ran a couple of decent races last season after his win at Kelso and he will relish the testing conditions over this trip.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November *Orion Express - Huntingdon 3:30* Last win came off a mark of 99, and runs off 92 tomorrow, so is very well treated and has a 7 pound claimer on board also. Stays 3m 2f no problem, has won over further, goes on softer ground, and this is the lowest mark it has run off in a very long time. Take the last run out of the equation, the run before that when 4th of 11 was not that bad and must have a great chance over this marathon trip with such a light weight. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Hills BOG*

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 2:05 Carlisle - Ifyousayso - Back Was clearly the best of this bunch in bumpers and looks like he could be the type to take well to jumping. He ran a belter when 5th in a really good ace lto and a smooth round of hurdling here should see him beat this lot quite nicely 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 2.35 Leopardstown Lady wingshot - given too much work to do at the curragh last time but the form has been boosted by maarek winning at ascot since and she might be able to do better now dropped in grade. Short price but looks most likely winner. 7/4 Sporting Bet, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 2.15 Cork Berties Dream 1pt win @ 11/1 BetVictor This horse ran well enough on his return to action last time out behind the impressive Rivage D'or to suggest he can get involved here. He looked beaten in that race but managed to stay on again at the finish to grab 2nd. The step up in trip here will suit him down to the ground. The conditions at Cork will be no problem for him and Andrew Lynch is back on board today. Henry de Bromhead is in great form at the moment and shows a very healthy level stakes profit at the track.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 1.30 Carlisle - Dannanceys Hill Expensive Irish point-to-point winner who shaped well in 4 runs over hurdles, and last seen when runner up to Destroyer Deployed at Southwell in March. Looks the type to improve over fences. Has a real chance if coming back from absence in right frame of mind. Overpriced at 12/1. 1pt win @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 240 Carlisle: Rival Destruval (11/8 Betfred/PP) Only four runners but a good race anyway for the money, at first looks i liked Bold Sir Brian with the Lucinda Russell team in good nick but the more i look at Rival Destruval the more i like him and his win last time in heavy ground was very impressive. Ran in good company as a hurdler and looks as though he will make a better chaser, well weighted in this race as he receives 7lbs for not winning a chase before April 29th and two of the others actually run with penalties.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November

1.30 Carlisle - Dannanceys Hill Expensive Irish point-to-point winner who shaped well in 4 runs over hurdles, and last seen when runner up to Destroyer Deployed at Southwell in March. Looks the type to improve over fences. Has a real chance if coming back from absence in right frame of mind. Overpriced at 12/1. 1pt win @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG
NR 1.00 Carlisle - Fine Kingdom Won on flat at Beverly in July and has made an impressive start to hurdling career, finishing in the frame in all 3 starts (runner up by a neck last time out.) Open to improvement on handicap bow, so should be able to see off a relatively weak field like this and notch first win over hurdles. 1pt win @ 9/4 Betfred

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 2.15 Cork - 1pt win Bangonform @ 10/1 (Bet365) Won impressively last time out and hasn't run a bad race on his last five attempts. Has a bucket load of stamina in its pedigree and handles testing conditions no problem. Is a safe jumper usually which is important in such a big race like this with lots of fences to be jumped and ought to be there at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November Carlisle 3:10 - Harouet Comes here off the back of a game effort to finish fourth in a decent handicap chase at Chepstow where he finished a place in front of nto winner, Golden Chieftain. He was keeping on that day so the extra 2f here should be in his favour today. The ground should not be an issue either and this looks an ideal opportunity to show he can win away from his favoured Ffos Las. 0.5pts e/w @ 16/1 SportingBet

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 1600 huntington 1pt win be bop boru 5/2 betvic 2nd last time out on debut last month,same conditions and distance,hopeful it can improve on that run as the winner may be a good horse,dickie johnson takes the ride for tim vaughn who has a 17% strike rate in nh flat races

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November

*Orion Express - Huntingdon 3:30* Last win came off a mark of 99, and runs off 92 tomorrow, so is very well treated and has a 7 pound claimer on board also. Stays 3m 2f no problem, has won over further, goes on softer ground, and this is the lowest mark it has run off in a very long time. Take the last run out of the equation, the run before that when 4th of 11 was not that bad and must have a great chance over this marathon trip with such a light weight. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Hills BOG*
Non Runner *Vinstar - Carlisle 4:15* Need to get a winner to break my long losing run, and i think this is a good even money shot. It is the only horse in the field to have run a race and i think it's experience will tell. Not only that, but it won on debut in France and then joined the McCain yard, who do well with their recruits, especially in bumpers. I think this horse will be a class above the rest of the field and should be around 4/6 or 4/7, so i think evens is a good bet. *1 Point WIN @ EVENS VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November BALLYORBAN 2.00 Leopardstown. 1 point win. A little frustrating, but not done too much wrong and does set the standard for this. Goes on the ground and the trip's fine, so worth taking the chance that nothing improves past. Looks sure to be involved in the finish. 18/5 Coral BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 3.35 Leopardstown: MIRACLE CURE - 7/1 Boylesports. Switching to my owner stats, I am looking at Mrs J S Bolger to end a drought at a course where she has fared well in the past. Her Leopardstown figures read 13 wins from 81 runs for a Level Stakes Profit (LSP) of 13.62 but it is her runners in Multi Aged events that have been easily best with 9 wins coming from 40 runs for a LSP of 35.75. Looking at her record for all qualifying coiurses with Multi Aged runners, she has won the same 9 races with 55 runners so Leopardstown is the course for her. My personal record is 6 wins from 39 runs for a LSP of 9.50 so I am hoping that husband Jim will return to his once impressive for with this type of runner. A bit of a minor miracle if my unbelievable losing run can finally come to an end.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November Cork 3.20 - Baily Green - win at 11/8 bog betvictor Only 3 runners for this Grade 3 novice chase and we have two joint favourites at the moment ! The third horse has been beaten recently by my selection and is a bit of an iffy jumper The other joint favourite with mine was a decent hurdler who won his first start over jumps but he lacks experience My horse has won his last 6 races including five chases and has risen up the ranks and his last two wins have been grade races He's a pretty bold front runner and might just put the jumping of the inexperienced Tofino Bay under pressure if he tries to go with him

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 14.15 Cork: Golden Kite, 18/1 Bet365, e/w Golden Kite finished sixth in the Munster National at Limerick lto. He ran quite well for a long way but tired in ground that was a bit softer than ideal. He was dropped a pound for that run and todays ground will suit a lot more. Today's distance will test his stamina but he did finish the Grand National at Aintree in 2011 so it should be ok. Barry Geraghty takes over in the saddle which is a big plus. He has a good record when riding for Adrian Maguire.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November 4:05 Leopardstown - Beau Michael - 0.5 pts EW 25/1 Ladbrokes. Despite being an 8 year old taking on predominantly younger horses this horse is extremely consistent and could surprise at big odds today. The 7 pound claim should help greatly and the soft ground shouldn't be a problem. Hopeful of a big run at nice EW odds.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 4th November Thanks Billy, I suppose if you throw enough at the wall some )or at least one) must stick. I have discovered that my calculator was faulty and have just started with a new one. Had a good day yesterday and an even better one today. I have a feeling that I will be back with a vengeance. Well done Luminaire for throwing light on Harouet. Magic!