Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Liverpool (13:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.79[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Wish I shared your optimism, Aidy! We ended last season in amazing form, but still threw a disgusting, tepid, passionless performance against them just before the Semi - albeit with a slightly understrength team. Everyone was back in for the Semi.... other than cup-tied Pienaar.... and we lost there too. I'd say our most potent weapon is the combination of Baines and Pienaar down the left, not Fellaini, and without Pienaar there I am fearful. Hopefully Moyes will play Mirallas there, then we still have the 'flair' there. Rather than try and pick the bones out of the teams and deciphering which team may or may not win, I'd just find the best price for there being a red card and be done with it :ok

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28

Wish I shared your optimism, Aidy! We ended last season in amazing form, but still threw a disgusting, tepid, passionless performance against them just before the Semi - albeit with a slightly understrength team. Everyone was back in for the Semi.... other than cup-tied Pienaar.... and we lost there too. I'd say our most potent weapon is the combination of Baines and Pienaar down the left, not Fellaini, and without Pienaar there I am fearful. Hopefully Moyes will play Mirallas there, then we still have the 'flair' there. Rather than try and pick the bones out of the teams and deciphering which team may or may not win, I'd just find the best price for there being a red card and be done with it :ok
Yes red card could be the way to go Samba, just like in the Sunderland v Newcastle game the other day. I dunno, i have been very impressed with Everton this season, Liverpool will up their game for this, but i definately think their defence is there to be taken, and with Jelavic back, can see ye scoring at least 1 goal, maybe 2, whereas Liverpool struggle for goals. I do hope Everton win.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 It's just a horrible game to bet on. Form means nothing, anything can happen. Liverpool seem to get up for these games and Everton tend to under perform. I'm leaving this one alone....

Everton - 0.25 @ 2.25 - bet365. I think I'd be kicking myself if I failed to take this price on Everton as I don't see the price holding. The bookies clearly can't separate Everton and Liverpool, but I think this is the perfect opportunity for Everton to notch up a rare win over their fierce rivals. Everton have had a couple of setbacks recently against Q.P.R. And Wigan, but for me they have still been playing outstanding. Liverpool haven't been performing well and are clearly a team in transition, with more than a few absences that put a doubt in your mind. They've also been making a lot of cheap mistakes, and look very poor defensively. What is positive is the way Rodgers has gone about giving opportunities to a few of the younger players, but that won't reach fruition in the short term. Overall I think Liverpool should be slightly higher here as both these sides are of equal footing right now, and you have to take the away factor into it here. Definite value on the home side.

Liverpoool are favourites??? :unsure Crazy!
Don't forget that traditions between teams are very important in PL. Everton has poor record vs. Liverpool in the last decade, and apart from several years under Benitez, for most of this time Pool was as inconsistent as it is at the moment.

Don't forget that traditions between teams are very important in PL. Everton has poor record vs. Liverpool in the last decade' date=' and apart from several years under Benitez, for most of this time Pool was as inconsistent as it is at the moment.[/quote'] The bottom line is should Liverpool be favourites? The answer is no for me. Everton have had their best start to a season in a long long time, this is the worst Liverpool side we have seen in a long time, far worse than any Liverpool team Benitez managed, against probably the best Everton side Moyes has managed. History has nothing got to do with this game.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton are now favorites in most places. The loss of Pienaar and Fellaini is massive for Everton though although there is an outside chance that Fellaini will make it. And Aidy if Everton were missing half their team there is no way they should still be favorites. Liverpool have kept their third straight clean sheet and Everton have a fairly poor record in this game. No bet for me.

It may be a tad pedantic but I don't think Liverpool were being made favourites. Obviously if you're taking best prices Liverpool were slightly ahead. But on average I don't think there's ever been much in it. Everton have beaten Liverpool four times at Goodison since 2004 (although once was in the cup) so they do beat Everton. It's just natural that Liverpool have always been ahead of Everton. Also if you look at Liverpool's squad now to the first eleven they're likely to put out at the weekend - it is significantly weaker now IMO. So although head to heads are marginally in Liverpool's favour, it is worth noting that Everton can and have beaten much stronger Liverpool teams.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton 0 (AH) @ 1.92 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 In my opinion this is a meeting between two very even teams. Everton have started the season better, but Liverpool have had the better of the recent head to heads and to some extent it is a game in which form goes out the window. Fellaini and Pienaar are important absentees but Fellaini might be back, even if he isn't I wouldn't say the absence of two players should change the probability of an Everton win by more than 2%, lack of creativity may be a problem but Moyes is a canny manager and you'd fancy he would take steps to ensure Everton deal with this problem. Meanwhile, Liverpool played a strong team against Anzhi. I didn't watch the game but from all accounts it was a well fought encounter, not a stroll in the park. The win will have buoyed them but, in spite of what Rodgers said, it will affect their sharpness for this game. So that is one thing in Everton's favour. Liverpool have had the upper hand for a while, I talked to some Everton fans up in Liverpool when Spurs played Everton last season and they said they do not look forward to this fixture. Still, when the gap between two sides gets narrower, the victories come eventually. I've seen the same thing with Spurs vs Arsenal, and Spurs vs Chelsea, and I feel that now with Everton and Liverpool neck and neck, this is the time for Everton to get the win. Obviously anything could happen, no result would surprise me, but considering Everton have home advantage the odds look very generous on them. The 0AH was at one point odds against- I wish I had taken it then but it's still value at 1.92. Personally I would price it at 1.75 maximum. Once more the bookies have dramatically underpriced Liverpool, even considering the factors in their favour (or more likely the prices simply reflect where they expected the money to go). It is, however, a game with a high potential for a lot of natural variance, hence me not going for a larger stake.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 In 2012, 2011 Everton at home played in games where the 2nd half had more goals than first half 36% of the time. Liverpool played 12 times in 22 times away with more second half game goals. bet365 are offering 11/5 for the 'more first half goals', Looks tasty :) I just can't see liverpool scoring goals. They look so disjointed going forward. There is no flow, or patience on the ball. Suarez seems to be making bad decisions (shoots when he should pass and visa versa), and they have no link-up midfielder. Shelby looks lost, and Gerrard is feeling the pressure of carrying the team. I thought they were very poor last night in Europa. Neil.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Liverpool have won 4 out of their last 5 league games at Goodison. From what I've heard and stats and I've seen, Liverpool have been playing a bit better than Everton in recent games. Latest odds show Everton as favourites at 2.7. I'd be tempted to back Liverpool but their odds are too short at 2.9.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 My thoughts are already shared in the above posts but just wanted to say that as a Liverpool fan I am again concerned about our coming game. Imho we are just too bad right now defensively due to the mistakes we make and our attack is still weak - we definitely need one more player upfront to partner Suarez. And it is not just that - our overall game is suffering at the moment and I think that everybody is seeing that. Everton are on a roll right not and they look well on the pitch - imho I am not used to Toffees performing that well especially at the beginning of the season. And I the above is sufficient reasoning for the home team to get the 3 points. They managed to get only 1 points in their last two games but they were away from home. Now they are coming back home and this will be huge advantage as well. We may have been better in the H2H games in recent years but Everton managed to surprise us when we were stronger and they were weaker. So why not do the same again here.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Expected Liverpool to be around 2.4. I've been watching them lately and I don't see how Everton who is in terribad form atm can win in this match. Still, from the past experiences with Liverpool's bad luck I will not go for straight win but I'll back them not to lose this one.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 This is my first post, and I think as an Evertonian I may as well make it on Everton. As has been mentioned we have looked fantastic at times this season, although our last game at QPR we were average. For the derby, no doubt Pienaar is a loss. My main concern is central midfield with Neville and Osman just not fluid enough. However, I seen a stat last week that said we have created more chances than any other team in Europe, and I believe we will start with Fellaini. He will play just behind Jelavic with Mirallas on the left and either Anichebe or Naismith on the right. However, strange as it sounds, Leighton Baines at left back will be key for us. I can't speak highly enough about this lad. Another stat I seen recently was regarding Baines: he has created more chances than any other player in the league, the rest of the top 15 were midfielders! So much of our play goes through him so it is essential he has a good game. At the start of the season I had a good feeling about our prospects and I have seen nothing to make me change my mind on my prediction for a top four push. I think we are a better team than Liverpool, we finished above them last season, and whereas I think they are weaker this season, we have strengthened and pushed on with the likes of Mirallas bringing a new dimension to our play. I really fancy our chances on Sunday and if any of you are superstitious minded: the local rag said the last time Everton played a league game on October 28th we beat Liverpool 1-0. The last time we played any competition on that date was in the League Cup and ... we beat Liverpool 1-0.... Good luck betting!

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 I have to go with Everton here. Recent form against Liverpool hasn't been great but Everton have started this season in much better form than in recent years and some of their performances have been as good as any team in the league. They come into this game on the back of two disappointing away draws but Feillani is back for this game which is a massive boost for them. He has been unbelievable at times this year and virtually unplayable. Looking at the possible starting line-ups, I have to admit I think Liverpool will find it pretty tough at Goodison. The atmosphere will obviously be electric and the Liverpool team is very young and inexperienced. If they go with a similar line-up to their last league game then the likes of Allen, Suso, Sahin and Sterling will have never experienced anything like what it will be like. Compare that to the Everton team who have plenty of experience of big games and should be able to cope with the occasion much better. Everton have been brilliant at home and I reckon home advantage might just swing it their way. Liverpool haven't exactly set the world alight under Rodgers and they are still struggling for goals. God help them if Suarez picks up an injury. I still don't think Gerrard is in the best of form but to be fair to him, there is no way he is suited to playing how the manager wants them to play. Joe Allen might have a pass completion rate that rivals Xavi, but I am sure I could have a 100% completion rate if I was just passing side to side and simple 5 yd balls all the time. I just don't get the hype? Piennar is a huge miss for Everton is as Gibson but I just fancy them to nick this.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Much as it pains me to say it, I can't see many reasons for LFC to be optimistic for this fixture. Everton have had a recent dip after a great start which I think will actually have a positive effect in that expectations have been lowered a little whilst their hunger to beat Liverpool will be as fierce as ever. With the home crowd shouting for every decision from the off and knowing how their players can really dig in, I fear LFC will be over-powered. LFC's technically gifted youngsters did well to stand up to the physicality of Stoke recently so are not as soft as they look, however, I just think the power, pace, desire and added attacking strenght to EFC's play in recent times will be just too much. I think LFC's inability to be prolific will cost them here. In addition to the straight win I'm also going to push my luck a bit with the HT/FT Everton/Everton at 19/5 with Coral. Everton win: 17/10 with Betvictor HT/FT EFC/EFC: 19/5 with Coral

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Playing with 10 men for 30 minutes away in the premier league isnt easy but Everton done alright against QPR who imo are better than their league table position suggests and all those signings hughes made look like they're just starting to gel. They done this without fellaini too and his return is a big boost to everton. As mentioned above if Hibbert plays coleman will prob make way and Everton will have a solid defence, that coupled with a pretty impotent liverpool attack who could only muster one goal at home to reading last weekend I can see an everton win here. It could be a pretty tight game though that may be decided by a spot kick or free kick. Everton DNB @ 1.86 with betfair Leighton Baines to score in 90 mins @ 6.50 Steven gerrard to score in 90 mins @ 3.75

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton v Liverpool - Everton to Win @ 2.6 w/ Bet365 For me, it has to be Everton in this game. Their current form will certainly help in their favour against a Liverpool squad who is really struggling to gain any momentum. David Moyes' side finished four points above Liverpool last season, and they're six currently six points above them this term. Everton have also won two out of three home games season. They're on a five match unbeaten run and only three clubs (Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City) have collected more points than them this season. Liverpool on the other hand have played three away league games this season and won one, drawn one and lost one.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 First, I have to say how amazed I am to see every bet thread related with Liverpool attracts many posts despite of the fact that Liverpool have already been so unpredictable for years, thus people lose money in general. Second, to reiterate how unpredictable Liverpool is again, they're usually are different when they're the underdog. Third, with the abysmal habit they have, and also the history head-to-head dominance, I'm putting my money against the public bet here. For Liverpool fans, I think this is the chance where you can bet on your favourite team and feel good about it. Liverpool 0 AH 2.10

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 3pts Draw 23/10 Skybet I expect this to be a traditional Merseyside derby. It will be hard fought, tackles will fly in and it won’t always have the greatest quality but what it lacks in quality it will make up in passion and commitment but when the final whistle blows I would expect the scores to be fairly close. Neither side are clearly natural at scoring goals so I do expect this to be tight throughout and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends level. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-liverpool-betting-219th-merseyside-derby-can-end-all-square-at-goodison