** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton @ 2.50 TAB I agree with the majority here and fancy Everton to get a win at home. I can't add too much to what's already been said, but yeah their form at home has been brilliant and I've been really impressed with how they've performed overall so far this season. Form can go out the window in games as big as this, but even so I'm still siding with Everton, they seem to be the more settled side and better prepared for the derby. ​Hopefully Fellaini plays as well, he's been one of the best players in the league this year IMO.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28

I have to go with Everton here. Recent form against Liverpool hasn't been great but Everton have started this season in much better form than in recent years and some of their performances have been as good as any team in the league. They come into this game on the back of two disappointing away draws but Feillani is back for this game which is a massive boost for them. He has been unbelievable at times this year and virtually unplayable. Looking at the possible starting line-ups, I have to admit I think Liverpool will find it pretty tough at Goodison. The atmosphere will obviously be electric and the Liverpool team is very young and inexperienced. If they go with a similar line-up to their last league game then the likes of Allen, Suso, Sahin and Sterling will have never experienced anything like what it will be like. Compare that to the Everton team who have plenty of experience of big games and should be able to cope with the occasion much better. Everton have been brilliant at home and I reckon home advantage might just swing it their way. Liverpool haven't exactly set the world alight under Rodgers and they are still struggling for goals. God help them if Suarez picks up an injury. I still don't think Gerrard is in the best of form but to be fair to him, there is no way he is suited to playing how the manager wants them to play. Joe Allen might have a pass completion rate that rivals Xavi, but I am sure I could have a 100% completion rate if I was just passing side to side and simple 5 yd balls all the time. I just don't get the hype? Piennar is a huge miss for Everton is as Gibson but I just fancy them to nick this.
Bets Everton win 3pts @ 9/5 Hills Everton to win to nil 2pts @ 4/1 Coral

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 *Liverpool WIN @ 2.82 Betfair* After initially saying Liverpool should not have been around the 2.6 mark, i now think they are backable @ 2.82. Fellaini could be out today which would be a huge blow to Everton. Pienaar is also out, and he has been a very influential player for them. David Moyes has only won 4 of his 23 merseyside derbies which is a poor record to say the least. Liverpool welcome back Pepe Reina, and had a good win against Russian side Anzhi in midweek in the Europe League. Sterling has been a revelation so far for the reds, i think Suarez will be pumped for this match, it should be feisty, but i do feel the losses of Pienaar and Fellaini makes Everton a bit vulnerable, so the value is probably with liverpool here.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton over 1.5 goals @ 2.50 Bet365 Everton have covered this line in 2 out of 3 homes games this season. In the other game they still found the net and played very well in a 1 nil win over Man Utd. Liverpool have conceded over 1.5 goals in 2 out of 3 away games this season. In the other game they also conceded 1 against a Sunderland side who aren't really creating too much at the minute. I think for the first time in a long time Everton go into this match with the better team. They will have the FA Cup semi final defeat fresh in their minds and I expect them to take the game to Liverpool. Also worth considering that much of this Liverpool side also played on Thursday night and IMO that isn't ideal preparation for an early derby game away from home. I'm favouring Everton here but to win it I think they will need to score at least 2 goals. So for the slightly lower price I will take the overs on goals with cover on the draw or possible defeat.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28

*Liverpool WIN @ 2.82 Betfair* After initially saying Liverpool should not have been around the 2.6 mark, i now think they are backable @ 2.82. Fellaini could be out today which would be a huge blow to Everton. Pienaar is also out, and he has been a very influential player for them. David Moyes has only won 4 of his 23 merseyside derbies which is a poor record to say the least. Liverpool welcome back Pepe Reina, and had a good win against Russian side Anzhi in midweek in the Europe League. Sterling has been a revelation so far for the reds, i think Suarez will be pumped for this match, it should be feisty, but i do feel the losses of Pienaar and Fellaini makes Everton a bit vulnerable, so the value is probably with liverpool here.
Aidy, you are a funny guy

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Liverpool @ 2.78 pinnacle I'll give you a fan's perspective. After a set of tough five games where little went right, the players are now starting to get comfortable with Rodgers' system how he wants to play. Importantly, they have also started producing results, with two wins and a draw in their last three games, with the last two EPL games also seeing clean sheets and add in another one in midweek in the win over Anzhi. Now they go to Goodison Park where they will lift when they play their rivals, as they also tend to play better with some of the better sides in the league. Expect Liverpool to play Sterling on the left and get him to go at Hibbert who is the weak link in their defence. He can be impulsive and rash in committing into tackles and Sterling's pace can get him around him. They lose some height in the middle of the defence by not having Distin and Liverpool can take advantage of this at set pieces as Agger and Skrtel do tend to make late runs in for these crosses. In the midfield, the loss of Pienaar is huge as he has tended to cause Liverpool problems and would have caused problems up against the inexperienced Wisdom. Hoever, believe Liverpool have the edge in midfield as they will move the ball much better than Fellaini, Neville and Osman will. Up front, Jelavic is only dangerous in the box as he has shown very good predatory skills, but without Pienaar to feed him, he may become isolated, as also with Johnson on the left, he has the pace to curtail Coleman. Like Liverpool to edge this as they look to continue their good run of form, as they have won 4 of the last 5 meetings at Everton, with 3 of these by the 2-0 scoreline and the other was a 2-1 win for them, so they do tend to find the net against them. Everton have conceded at home, after their 1-0 win over Man Utd, they drew 2-2 with Newcastle and beat Southampton 3-1. They have improved this year and have started better than they normally have in the past, but besides a win over Man Utd and draw against Newcastle, they have not played any other of the top sides, so their good form is also in part to their much weaker schedule so far. 20-33 (-6.97)

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Everton starting XI: Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; Naismith, Neville, Fellaini, Osman, Mirallas; Jelavic Liverpool starting XI: Jones, Enrique, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Re: Everton v Liverpool > Oct 28 Liverpool's team looks painfully mediocre to me. Everton are usually bottlers in these types of games but I have a feeling they will get a positive result today....at least a draw anyway. The odds seem fair enough so not much standing out to me on the betting front but hoping Liverpool fail to win.

Everton - 0.25 @ 2.25 - bet365. I think I'd be kicking myself if I failed to take this price on Everton as I don't see the price holding. The bookies clearly can't separate Everton and Liverpool, but I think this is the perfect opportunity for Everton to notch up a rare win over their fierce rivals. Everton have had a couple of setbacks recently against Q.P.R. And Wigan, but for me they have still been playing outstanding. Liverpool haven't been performing well and are clearly a team in transition, with more than a few absences that put a doubt in your mind. They've also been making a lot of cheap mistakes, and look very poor defensively. What is positive is the way Rodgers has gone about giving opportunities to a few of the younger players, but that won't reach fruition in the short term. Overall I think Liverpool should be slightly higher here as both these sides are of equal footing right now, and you have to take the away factor into it here. Definite value on the home side.
Half loss, half void. Everton did well to come back from a losing position not for the first time this season!

Everton over 1.5 goals @ 2.50 Bet365 Everton have covered this line in 2 out of 3 homes games this season. In the other game they still found the net and played very well in a 1 nil win over Man Utd. Liverpool have conceded over 1.5 goals in 2 out of 3 away games this season. In the other game they also conceded 1 against a Sunderland side who aren't really creating too much at the minute. I think for the first time in a long time Everton go into this match with the better team. They will have the FA Cup semi final defeat fresh in their minds and I expect them to take the game to Liverpool. Also worth considering that much of this Liverpool side also played on Thursday night and IMO that isn't ideal preparation for an early derby game away from home. I'm favouring Everton here but to win it I think they will need to score at least 2 goals. So for the slightly lower price I will take the overs on goals with cover on the draw or possible defeat.[/quote Glad I took this rather than backing the Everton win. Happy days