Champions League > September 18th

staffy

Re: Champions League > September 18th Borussia Dortmund - Ajax pick: Reus to score any time and Dortmund to win odds: 2.50 @ skybet Marco Reus was excellent since moving from the "little Borussia" and though he is the second most probable goal-scorer (after Levandovski) he is my pick for today. He scored in the games against Oberneuland and Werder Bremen at the start of the season but after that missed his chances Nürnberg and Leverkusen, so he might get back to scoring today.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > September 18th

Surprising to see Arsenal's price on the rise' date=' I was sure it was going to drop today, now up to 2.4 on betvictor and the -1AH up to 3.7.[/quote'] I think it is due to the fact that main keeper (can't spell his name properly :) ) will be out, as well as his replacement. So Manone will be in goal, and that is the only reason why the price is increasing in my opinion.

Re: Champions League > September 18th As a Ajax watcher i can say some things about this match first of all probably line up will be Vermeer V rhijn-Alderweireld-Moisander-Blind Poulsen Eriksen- De jong Sana-Babel-Boerrigter Ajax will have problems defending the set pieces. Vermeer is more a line keeper and is not comfortable with high balls in the box. The left back Blind has no speed at all so he will catch a yellow card and the right winger of dortmund will get scoring chances. The right back V Rhijn is very talented and good so nobody at ajax find it a problem that V der Wiel left to PSG. Central defenders are good but this will be there fifth game together and both of them lack speed. Midfield with Poulsen a new guy this will be his second game for ajax, not sure if he can play 90 min, Eriksen and de Jong good players with a lot rotation. Attack Boerrigter is coming back after a injury, not the old and good boerrigter yet, Sana played some good games already but this was of the left side now he plays of the right and is struggling. Babel first start in the starting eleven. Overall Ajax will have problems with the speed in the attack of Dortmund and the set pieces. Yellow cards over/under i not so sure the backs will grab a yellow card but the rest of the team is more playing rotation football and want to get the ball and trying to get forward. My mainbet will be BTS odds 1.88 betfair GL

I think it is due to the fact that main keeper (can't spell his name properly :) ) will be out' date=' as well as his replacement. So Manone will be in goal, and that is the only reason why the price is increasing in my opinion.[/quote'] In your opinion, do you think Montpellier will sit back and defend all the way at home?

In your opinion' date=' do you think Montpellier will sit back and defend all the way at home?[/quote'] Don't know really, since I don't follow French League and have no idea how they play and if it was not for this forum I wouldn't even know that they are in the bottom half of the table in their domestic league.

I think it is due to the fact that main keeper (can't spell his name properly :) ) will be out' date=' as well as his replacement. So Manone will be in goal, and that is the only reason why the price is increasing in my opinion.[/quote'] Nothing to do with it imo, Mannone played and kept clean sheets at Stoke and Liverpool already this season in the league and by all accounts has looked more secure than Szczesny whose handling and kicking has been off usual standards. Team news like this wouldn't lead to a price change.

Don't know really' date=' since I don't follow French League and have no idea how they play and if it was not for this forum I wouldn't even know that they are in the bottom half of the table in their domestic league.[/quote'] It's strange cause the odds for arsenal are going up too for my local book maker

Re: Champions League > September 18th Thats the reason: Arsenal Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will make a few changes for the visit to France, with a crammed schedule ahead of him. 'The core of the team will stay the same, with 7 or 8 players from Saturday still playing.' Tough the squad looks deep enough with quality. There is much talk with arsenal fans about resting players for upcoming games vs. city and chelsea. I fear they are with their minds already at this games.. If they take montpelleir lightly they wont win convincingly. If they are fully concentrated it should be a win.

Thats the reason: Arsenal Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will make a few changes for the visit to France, with a crammed schedule ahead of him. 'The core of the team will stay the same, with 7 or 8 players from Saturday still playing.' Tough the squad looks deep enough with quality. There is much talk with arsenal fans about resting players for upcoming games vs. city and chelsea. I fear they are with their minds already at this games.. If they take montpelleir lightly they wont win convincingly. If they are fully concentrated it should be a win.
Mmm..not happy. I would guess he will certainly rest Cazorla as he has been their key man, Walcott to come in for Chamberlain, Ramsey for Coquelin perhaps. If he rests both Podolski and Cazorla I would say my bets are fcuked, Giroud doesn't seem to be up to speed with Arsenals style at all yet. Hardly a hectic schedule, Man City in 5 days then a whole week before playing Chelsea at home!? Will be playing kids in the league cup as usual, don't really understand making changes in key areas to a winning side, hopefully the changes aren't too drastic but that would certainly be the reason for the price rise..

Re: Champions League > September 18th Hi guys,new on here so take it easy! Anyway to the champs league betting, usually take it easy in first games so had a look at anytime scorers and Ibrahimovic looks a great bet.Started to find his touch at Psg and at 11/10 with corals looks good enough to me.

Mmm..not happy. I would guess he will certainly rest Cazorla as he has been their key man, Walcott to come in for Chamberlain, Ramsey for Coquelin perhaps. If he rests both Podolski and Cazorla I would say my bets are fcuked, Giroud doesn't seem to be up to speed with Arsenals style at all yet. Hardly a hectic schedule, Man City in 5 days then a whole week before playing Chelsea at home!? Will be playing kids in the league cup as usual, don't really understand making changes in key areas to a winning side, hopefully the changes aren't too drastic but that would certainly be the reason for the price rise..
He might rest 3 players. But on the other hand if he rests Cazorla he will still get into play if it will be a dull affair come halftime. Wenger stated that he doesnt want to disturb his team chemistry. So I dont think that they will rest al ltheir key players. Tough if he rests Gervinho and Cazorla, who are both in top form, from the start then I'm very worried. Also brekaing up the back 4 with like 2 changes might destabilizie them. You are right with the 5 days rest. Better win this game and have amuch more easier game vs. Olympiakos in 2 weeks where you can rest some players. Both Cazorla and Podolski didnt play that much for their countrys. An upset in this game? Utaka important player offensiv missing for Montpellier. They leak goals. Well they maybe waited for the CL but normaly you prepare for the CL with a convincing win in your home league. Im going for Arsenal not to loose and the win.

As far as I know our friend Cuneyt Cakir isn't in action in the CL this week. Was hoping he would get the Real Madrid v Man City game. But may have an interest in bookings in the game anyway. The man in the middle is Damir Skomina from Slovenia. His record in CL & EL games is 26 matches 123 yellow cards 10 red cards, That's an average make-up of 56.92 points per match. Last season, he took charge of 7 matches, and showed 36 yellows and 2 reds - an average make-up of 58.57 points. Another interesting fact is that he does seem to get his cards out early. The following are his stats for last season in Europe: [TABLE=width: 251] [TR] [TD]Valencia v A Madrid 4Y 1R (38") 1/4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Chelsea v Benfica 8Y 1R (19") 8/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Arsenal v Milan 6Y 0R (5") 3/3[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Man Utd v Ajax 3Y 0R (29") 1/2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Napoli v Man City 4Y 0R (54") 0/4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Marseille v Arsenal 6Y 0R (4") 3/3[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Benfica v Man Utd 5Y 0R (27") 2/3 In brackets is the time of the first card. And the last numbers are the break-down of cards in the first half v cards in the second half. Man City picked up 4 yellows away at Bayern & Napoli last seaon. And with what is sure to be a keenly fought battle, they should be good for a few again. I expect a wounded Real Madrid to be chomping at the bit tomorrow night, and so an early card is distinctly possible. Bet365 have the cards at over/under 4.5. And so the 2.2 with Stan James on over 45 booking points is tempting me. Also the 1.83 on a card before 29:00 with Bet365 has my attention. Will sleep on it.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Ok so I are most other books are odds on for over 45pts, and therefore I have had a small play on the 2.2 with Stan James. I don't want to be over exposed on cards, but I see Blue Square are offering 1.83 on the first car before the 31st min. That is tempting but will stick with the match points. Relatively small stake as have the feeling 'Joe public' expects cards here. 2pts over 45 booking points @2.2 Stan James

Re: Champions League > September 18th For me main bet of the day is: Dortmund to beat Ajax Amsterdam. Everything looks good for Dortmund. Their form is steadily climbing. Götze back and in top form. Reus is strong too. Both didnt played that much together up till now. I somehow think that Klopp will play them now both from the start. Lewandowski scored his first goal. Blasikowski is in top form. The Dortmund midfield is good to go. Kehl not getting tired. Dortmund was already very euphoric in the alst european cup games but a bit too unexperienced and nervous at this level. Now 1 year later most of them play reguarly for their national teams and showed at the euro that they can stand the pressure. Ajax is missing Sighurtson and has to implement new player Poulsen, who might not be 100% fit to play 90 minutes. Also the whole squad seems not so used to international games as was Ajax in the past. Their name Ajax is big but they miss also player who They will play their game but It will be difficult vs. a fired up Dortmund squad and stadium. A defensiv stable Dortmund in front of their home crowd and attacking players in form? They want to prove that they are made for CL football. = Dortmund to win dortmund to beat the hc-1 dortmund to beat the hc-2 Over 2,5 goals. Im sure that if Dormtund doesnt win this then it will end up over 2,5 goals. Ajax trailing will open space for the fast Dortmund players upfront. would anyone be surprised over a 3:0 or 3:1 ? I think it will be an intense fun game with soem goals and a Dortmund win. Ajax isnt the team to defend like crazy. Dortmund will get some room and their palyers upfront are all in scoring form.

Re: Champions League > September 18th Montpellier v Arsenal 2pts Arsenal HT/FT @ 4 Bet365 Wenger has never taken the champions league lightly and knows what it takes to get through the group stages as they have qualified in the last 6 years. He will know there are 3 points for the taking in this game as Montpellier have looked very poor this season with 4 points from a possible 15 where as Arsenal have 8 from a possible 12. Also, Wenger will want to build up some momentum ahead of the City game at the weekend and in my opinion will get the 3 points with a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win. I'm also hoping Wenger will give Diaby a start as its looking likely he will be fit for tonight so with the City game in mind some time on the pitch would definitely help. PSG v Dynamo Kiev 5pts Ibrahimovic Anytime scorer @ 2.1 Coral Really like this price as i think the Dynamo defense are really going to struggle to cope with him tonight. With the creative players PSG have got such as Pastore, Lavezzi and Gameiro i think Ibrahimovic is going to be presented with alot of chances tonight, with 5 goals in his last 4 games for PSG he's on top form and should get on the scoresheet tonight.

Re: Champions League > September 18th Malaga vs Zenit 3/10pts Both teams to score - 19/20 with Stan James Now, admittedly i'm not the most clued up about these sides other than what i've seen of Malaga on Sky TV over the past couple of seasons and what i've seen from Zenit in Europe and also of some of their players individually. Looking at the past results of both teams in the league they have both made solid starts to the season and at the same time have leaked some goals so far. We all know about the likes of Saviola, Santa Cruz, Joaquin and Portillo in the Malaga squad because each of those can score and create goals against the best teams around when feeling good. Add to those names players such as Hulk and Fayzulin as well as Kerzhakov (serial misser but gets in good positions) are there is plenty of firepower available. Neither side have been ultra-consistent defensively and with both teams looking evenly matched on paper they'll both come in to this fancying their chances of winning it. If I was to pick a result it would be a scoring draw but if either side does get the three points I suspect they won't do it keeping a clean sheet. Should be a tight game and I like this price.

Re: Champions League > September 18th 4pts Real Madrid (-1AH) to beat Man City 1.92 Bet365 This match is how the Champions League should be, two champion sides of their league going against each other and it promises to be a good match. My concerns for Man City are that they have been conceding goals regularly in the Premier League this season and they weren’t ever at their best on their travels in Europe last season. Real Madrid haven’t started life well in La Liga this season but they possess so much attacking power with Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain and di Maria all potent players without mentioning the likes of Ozil and I think those attacking options could see Madrid having a bit too much for the English champions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-manchester-city-betting-spanish-champions-can-be-too-strong-for-english-champions-in-the-bernabeu

Re: Champions League > September 18th Porto @ 1.97 pinnacle Watching the highlights of Dinamo's CL qualifiers and doubt that they have the players to measure up to this standard. They look even worse than last year where they were easily beaten by Real Madrid and Lyon, and doubt that they have the players to compete with Porto. Moutinho should be able to control the midfield while Jackson and Rodriguez up front have already been on the score sheet for Porto, and like them to get in behind the slow Dinamo defence. PSG @ 1.78 pinnacle PSG have bought some very good players and look to start their CL campaign on a good note. Expect their defence to be pretty solid (one goal in their last 4 Lique 1 matches) with Thiago Silva controlling the middle with help from Alex and Maxwell, while in the midfield, Motta should control things for them. Up front, they have some class with Ibrahimovic in particular, in very good goalscoring form, and with Pastore and Menez doing well, they look to have a class edge here. Dinamo Kiev do have CL experience and will be competitive, but their backline looks slow and will have problems handling Ibra and co. They have their problems dealing with Borussia Moechengladbach in the prevous round of qualfiers, and though Dinamo Kiev has some decent forwards, not sure that they can do enough to score here, while like PSG to find the net. Arsenal @ 2.45 pinnacle Montpellier have had a slow start to their season as they have had just one win in their 5 Lique 1 games, scoring in 4 of these games, but conceding 10 goals as their defence looks pretty shaky. Arsenal arrives in France in very good mood after their 6-1 win ove Southampton and they have conceded just one goal in their four EPL games so far, while they have scored 8 goals in their last two games. They look like they are clicking as a side, both in defence and attack, and with Montpellier not showing the same form as they did last year which led to them winning the title, then like Arsenal, who have never lost their last 8 opening matches in the CL and as well as not losing a single match to a French team in this competition, to win this game Olympiakos v Schalke over 2.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle Both teams in very good domestic form, and have been scoring goals, while they have conceded in 2 of their 3 games. Olympiacos are not as strong in defence this year without Mellberg and this should make it easier for the likes of Huntelaar to score, and he has some good attackers like Draxler, Holtby and Farfan to help create or score goals. Olympiacos will look to use their home ground and noisy supporters to their advantage, and they have a good record against German sides. With Arsenal the one team likely to progress from this group then these two teams will look to get a winning start, and like them both to score and look for the winner. Borussia Dortmund v Ajax over 3.5 @ 2.59 pinnacle Both teams play an attacking brand of football and doubt much changes here as they look to get off to a winning start especially with Real Madrid and Man City in their group. Borussia Dortmund have scored 6 goals in their 3 Bundesliga games and they have some very good players like Gotza and Reus who can create and score goals while they have a very good finisher in Lewandowski up front. Ajax focus on attack, having scored at least two goals in each of their 5 Eredivisie games (total of 17 goals) but they have also conceded in 3 of these games. They are much weaker at the back without Vertonghen and van der Whiel, while their replacements are not of the same quality. Both teams will look to score and like the look of a few scored in this game. Real Madrid v Man City over 3.5 @ 2.62 sportsbet Both sides are loaded with talent, especially attacking players and doubt that they will be not allowed to express themselves as both coaches will look to gain the edge over the other. Expect Mourinho to have his players up for this game as they have not had the best of starts to their season, and Ronaldo in particular will be looking to have a big game as he faces up to that other big Manchester club that he used to play against when with United. Man City were disappointed with their performance last year in the CL and Mancini will look to the likes of Tevez and Aguero to score for them. Both teams have been scoring but the concern is the number of goals they have conceded, and with the talent on show, like both sides to exploit the sub-standard defending both teams have shown thus far

Re: Champions League > September 18th 4pts Arsenal to beat Montpellier 29/20 Bodog I think Arsenal will win this match. They look a lot more solid at the back than they have done for a while whereas Montpellier aren’t carrying a huge goal threat anyway but in the forward areas Arsenal have the potential to look very dangerous with the likes of Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud and Walcott. Montpellier have been shipping goals in the French league conceding three to Reims on Saturday and I expect Arsenal’s quality to have too much for them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montpellier-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-can-show-their-class-against-the-french-champions

Re: Champions League > September 18th Hi guys! It's nice to finaly see the CL starting! :) For today I'll play the following: AC Milan - Anderlecht home win AC Milan is weaker then previous seasons, but it's still Milan. The club has a lot of experience in CL, has good, experienced players and San Siro! I think Anderlecht is no match for Milan, at least not in Italy. Also, they will be missing Milan Jovanovic, one of the key players in their offence. Dortmund - Ajax home win Dortmund has a great team and an excelent home crowd. Last season they dodn't play CL well but in that period they also played bad in the bundesliga. They had a poor form in the start of last season. This year they have started good, had an excelent game against Leverkusen, and I think they can win this one easily. Especialy with Ajax loosing 3 key players do to transfers. Dinamo Z. - Porto away win I know the situation in Balkan football realy well, couse I'm from Serbia (GO RED STAR :D ), and I know that Dinamo is a champion of Croatia for many years, and will be for many years to come becouse their league is weak and bad... They have no competition there. And they have no "tough" games during the whole season, except the european games witch they lose easily. Also, they barely went to the group stage after wining against Ludogorec from Bulgaria, with a goal in 97th minute, and against Maribor from Slovenia (even weaker league than the Croatian). So I think that Dinamo will lose all CL games (like last season), despite the excelent home crowd. Montpellier - Arsenal away win Arsenal has a very good record against french teams. Montpellier sold their best player to Arsenal, and didn't buy a good replacement. Also, no european experience... Arsenal has a very strong side this year, they started well in the league and they are a better team here. The only handicap for them could be the touchline ban for Arsene Wenger in this game. But I still think they will win. As for the derby tonight, in Madrid... I think that's a game everybody shoud NOT BET ON becouse nobody knows what will happen. I see people saying that City has no European experience? They have players that have played CL in other clubs, they have players that have alredy won CL, players who have played semi finals or finals or won the European championship, and also they have played teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham etc. in the best leage in Europe (and the world) and won it! They have experience... :) So skip that game and just watch it with no pressure and enjoy it. :) Good luck to you all!!!

Re: Champions League > September 18th I've only just looked at the odds here, but my brief thoughts are Man City are a staggering price! :eek:eek Real Madrid were different class last year, but they've looked very ragged so far this season and I wouldn't lay Man City at anything above 3.00 personally. That might sound a bit dramatic, but Real are looking very shabby at the moment and not handling Sevilla's constant pressure was very evident. AC Milan don't look too great at the moment either, but I find it hard to believe Anderlecht will trouble them too much, but it could be worth opposing Milan with stronger opposition.

Re: Champions League > September 18th monpelier - arsenal is the match that drawed my attention i see goal-goal as a quite safe bet here @ 1,83 in bet365, as the arsenal's win tends to be the public bet of the evening.every site i see speaks of how monpelier is struggling in their local championship and how they sold their best striker to arsenal blah blah blah well this is the french champion and they will be in their home.arsenal was never a trusted team to my eyes.they seem to win when they suppose to lose and the opposite. to me this could go anywhere tonight, so i dont want to bet on final result, but if arsenal scores i m sure the french they ll try to find a mistake in arsenal's defence, something which i dont see it very difficult

Re: Champions League > September 18th 4pts AC Milan vs Anderlecht - Under 2.5 goals 10/11 Coral Although I think Milan will have enough quality to win this match, these are two struggling sides at the minute so I don’t expect this to be a goalfest by any stretch of the imagination. I think Milan will largely dominate the game and win comfortably in terms of performance but not perhaps scoreline. I would expect Milan to win this 1-0 or 2-0 so the under 2.5 goals looks the way to go to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ac-milan-vs-anderlecht-betting-milan-can-control-a-low-scoring-game-to-open-their-champions-league-campaign

Match day 1 Champions league - Tuesday ARSENAL DRAW NO BET 8/11 BET 365 Like the look of arsenal so far this year, They look a vey solid unit and still look like they have goals from all over the park, even without van persie. Arsenal also have a very good record in the group stage of the champions league, and a excellent record in France. Record so far this year - 2 bets, 2 loses, -2 points.

Re: Match day 1 Champions league - Tuesday RONALDO TO SCORE ANYTIME 1/1 CORALS Well what more can you say about RONALDO!!! Fantastic record at real Madrid averaging nearly a goal a game, anything evens or above i think is value and long term I see only a profit in this bet.

Sure fire treble for me PSG 4/6 Real Madrid 4/6 Dortmund vs Ajax over 2.5 goals 4/7 Treble: £40 returns £174.60 on Paddypower
Quotes like that normally turn to 'sure fire disaster' :) Or in other words, aren't those odds a bit short, bearing in mind that the first two markets have three possible outcomes?

Mmm..not happy. I would guess he will certainly rest Cazorla as he has been their key man, Walcott to come in for Chamberlain, Ramsey for Coquelin perhaps. If he rests both Podolski and Cazorla I would say my bets are fcuked
Both are in the squad according to Teamtalk ... http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/1766/8086486/Montpellier-v-Arsenal-preview