US Open 2012

Re: US Open 2012

Thx,but will she begin the match? In Belgian there 's a black list for bookmakers now, and betfair is one of them:@:@
Well, it WAS a rumour, she won in straight sets Betfair are not bookmakers Betfair is a betting exchange. therefore they cannot possibly be blacklisted Do you know what you're talking about ? Not being able to access Betfair is not Betfair being blacklisted If you can't access Betfair, they are blocking your country

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 2012 I'm with the rest on Giraldo really and will probably have a few more later when I get home. Can't really say too much that hasn't been said really. Santiago Giraldo (+7.5 games) to beat Milos Raonic- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Big serve for Raonic but I'm still not entirely convinced by his all round game. At times he is a bit like Isner in the sense that he won't be too interested on return. Giraldo is no mug either on the hard courts and he'll be able to hold his own for the majority. Raonic would need to win ultra comfortably to cover the handicap and he doesn't often do that against the decent opponents so backing Giraldo to do enough here.

Re: US Open 2012 Few more for me now I've had a closer look at the games at homes. Really shattered from work so doing really brief write-ups so apologizes in advance for that. Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Stanislas Wawrinka- Over 36.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Always try and look to take the overs in Wawrinka's early matches in slam as there's something about him which means he rarely closes things out in a straight forward fashion. Both of his opening matches in SW19 and Paris went the distance whilst 12 months ago at Flushing Meadows, Maximo Gonzalez took the opening set so there is always that mental question over Wawrinka. Stakhovsky's been in decent form of late as well, winning a few matches on the hard courts and will traditionally raise his game for the big occasion. He's solid and effective without doing anything spectacular so I'd expect at least 4 sets in this one really. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Jesse Levine- Tie Break in Match- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Trying my hand with a couple of tie breakers as well and the first of those comes in this one. Dolgopolov is one of the most natural raw talents on the tour, but a bit like Wawrinka really, his mental state is fragile whilst his consistency is well, dubious. He's returned to a bit of form of late but he does seem to relish the longer matches in the slams so there's every chance of a breaker coming at some point during this one. Levine is a decent player, very good on serve though with the angles he gets being a lefty so he should keep a couple of sets close and in that hopefully a breaker. Marcos Baghdatis vs Matthias Bachinger- Tie Break in Match- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Think this one may contain a breaker at some point as well. Baggy is returning from a back problem so he'll be feeling his way back in early on whilst Bachinger, despite not doing much of late, is a big chap with an almighty powerful serve which usually results in a tie break or two in his matches. In two of the three matches that the two have played there's been a tie break including in the game earlier this year so I'd have the odds just a touch skinnier than we're getting here. One for the ladies as well... Bethanie Mattek-Sands (+6.5 games) to beat Venus Williams- 9/10 BetVictor- (4/10) The handicap looks a touch high to me here as well given the style of both girls. I know Mattek-Sands doesn't play a great deal any more really but it's very rare to see her get blown off the court really. Already this year on the big stage, she's beaten Lisicki at the French and took Radwanska to 3 sets in Australia so she's certainly one for the big games, especially in front of her home crowd. She pushed Errani close last week as well which is no easy thing to do right now which should give her confidence coming into this one. I do really like Venus, probably my favourite of the two sisters but she's not the player she once was and even though she's playing some good stuff right now and picked up some tidy wins, there's always that question over her health and if Mattek-Sands can hit the ball well today like she usually does, Williams' movement isn't the best which should mean Mattek-Sands can push her a touch here. She covered this handicap a couple of years back at Flushing Meadows when Venus was in a better place than she is now so nothing really to suggest she won't do the same today.

Pretty tricky opening day really and Fish throwing away breaks in both of the first 2 sets didn't help. I'll sort the P/L out when I'm back from work later but from a quick glance, again not alot stands out. I have taken one early bet and I'll probably take some more later on. Bojana Jovanovski to beat Mona Barthel- 3/1 Bet365- (2/10) Bojana Jovanovski (+4.5 games) to beat Mona Barthel- Evens Bodog- (4/10) Not quite sure where these odds have come from really. Jovanovski put a little run together last week over in Dallas which should give her confidence ahead of this week and she's certainly got the game to trouble Barthel. The young Serb possesses a lot of power on her groundstrokes and when she's playing well, she can give most girls on the tour a game so hopefully last week's efforts will help her go well today. There's been a bit of controversy surrounding Mona Barthel this week with some interesting results to say the least. I'm not going to go into that but her form is extremely patchy of late and she was forced to withdraw from the tournament in New Haven last week due to illness so she may not be 100% coming into this one anyway so for those reasons I wouldn't be having her at such a short price. They've met twice in the past and Jovanovski has pushed Barthel in both matches and took the opening set in Dubai earlier this year before narrowly losing out which shows she has the game to push Barthel and with the inconsistency that surrounds the German, I'll back Jovanovski to go well today.
Well done Fishy :clap My own bet of Jaziri lost 6-3 1-6 1-6 1-6 ......Couldnt even complete the overs of 35.5 in 4 sets FFS :wall

Re: US Open 2012 Looks like a much better day yesterday for most and Jovanovski fighting back from a set down was really pleasing. That puts me up to +8.48 for the tournament now with Almagro, Roddick and Dolgopolov making it through yesterday to keep the outrights going as well. Some really good calls from Czech and Atko, top stuff guys. :clap

Re: US Open 2012 Full house for me yesterday, which is always nice to see. However, I have looked through today's markets and I seriously cannot find anything that would deserve a solid bet. In the end, I am going to stake just two units today, which is obviously fairly unusual for a Grand Slam, but there you go. Back Bradley Klahn to beat Jurgen Melzer for a 1/10 stake at 3.80 with Unibet Melzer is in a horrible spot right now, losing against strong guys and struggling against players like McClune, so one has to question his ability to stay focused for a long period of time. Klahn will do his best and he has enough talent to get a win here with the crowd behind him. He has breezed through the qualifying event in three 2-0 victories, so form is there as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klahn-vs-melzer-betting-bradley-klahn-looks-value-against-the-struggling-austrian Back Kevin Anderson to beat David Ferrer for a 1/10 stake at 6.92 with Pinnacle Two guys in suspicious forms, so going with the huge price. It is obviously a bet on Ferrer not performing well, not on Anderson doing miracles. The Spaniard has played only one match since that strange defeat against Nishikori, which is fairly unusual for a guy that usually likes to compete in as many events as possible, so I am wondering what is behind that really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-ferrer-betting-kevin-anderson-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-david-ferrer

Decent day yesterday. 4/6 so back on level terms with the evil bookies. I'll put this one up as it starts soon. More to follow: Daniel Gimeno-Traver +6 games AH (v Igor Sijsling) @ 2.04 with panbet: I'd make Sijsling the favourite for this but only marginally. I certainly wouldn't give Gimeno-Traver this sort of handicap. No way. I'd argue DGT has more ability than Sijsling. The Spaniard has nice enough groundies and has proven in past matches that he's capable. Taken sets off Nicolas Almagro and Novak Djokovic this year, so it's all there, locked away somewhere. Admittedly, hard courts aren't his favoured surface, but his Dutch opponent isn't a world-beater. He's got a big serve that will get him cheap points but unless DGT has a brain fart, he won't be outgunned in rallies. Happy to side with Spaniard on the plus in this one. :hope

Gone for plenty today in the end: - Andreas Seppi -5.5 games (v Tommy Robredo) @ 1.90 with panbet: A few years ago I would never had gone anywhere near this line, but for me, Seppi should cover this easily considering the present-day situation. Robredo has barely played in the last year because of injury, while Seppi has had his best campaign on Tour. He's found an awful lot more consistency on his serve, is much more clinical in rallies and has, most importantly, matured as a tennis player. This should be a straightforward task for him against an ageing Spaniard who hasn't been competitive on a hard court for quite some time. - Xavier Malisse +5.5 games (v John Isner) @ 1.92 with panbet: It would be a surprise to see Malisse win this, but considering he leads the H2H 2-1, that's not out of the question. Isner is in good form and won in Winston-Salem last week but I don't think he'll totally dominate the Belgian in this match. Malisse is a good player who always does relatively well in the Slams. I can see it being a very close match between two hard hitters. Isner has the better serve, and that gives him the edge, but the rallies will be a lot closer than the odds suggest. I'll take the Belgian to put up a good show here. - Under 27.5 games between Juan Martin Del Potro and Florent Serra @ 1.94 with panbet: First of two unders bets here. Can't see Serra being ready for this match. He's in as a late lucky loser because David Nalbandian pulled out injured and he's been given a very hard task. Del Potro's coming back to form at the right time. Fine showing at the Olympics and loves these conditions - he is, of course, a former champion here. Serra's level has dropped massively in the past two years. He's not got many weapons to hurt someone like Del Potro and I can see the Argentine's power getting the better of him. 27 games is not a big number in what should be a one-sided match. - Under 27.5 games between Richard Gasquet and Albert Montanes @ 1.90 with panbet: I reckon Montanes is here for the money only. He's had a year punctuated by injuries and because of the stop-start nature of his campaign, he's had no momentum to build on. And anwayway, he's only really effective on clay. His best days are past, as far as I'm concerned. Gasquet's in good nick. Played well this year in all the big events and will have far too much guile and accuracy off the deck for Montanes. Can't see him not winning this quickly. - Rajeev Ram to beat Steve Johnson @ 2.10 with 188bet: This will probably be a long match between two big servers, but Ram for me is a bit better and therefore shouldn't be the underdog here. Ram's a serve-volleyer and from what I've seen of Johnson, he's a little one-dimensional off the ground. I'm not convinced he'll be able to deal with Ram at the net. Ram had a decent swing in America after Wimbledon, making a few quarter-finals, and I reckon the more experienced player can take the spoils in this all American clash. - Brian Baker -8.5 games (v Jan Hajek) @ 1.97 with 188bet: This bet doesn't make a lot of sense on form but hear me out. Baker's on home soil, back at the US Open, and is the American comeback kid. He's tailed off a little since his run in Europe but he'll be motivated to do well and couldn't face a better opponent. Let's face it, when you see the list of players in the draw, one of them you want to get is Hajek. The Czech is a Challenger dweller and barely ventures off the clay. He's another here for the cash. Very ineffective in this sort of match and I can see him downing tools if he goes behind. Should be a nice win for Baker. - Leonardo Mayer +3.5 games (v Lukasz Kubot) @ 1.95 with 188bet: Toyed between this and the overs but will take Mayer. Two guys who rely on serve but Mayer is the more solid of the two. He's a hard man to break down and he normally keeps his level high in Slams. Kubot's a headcase. Talented, but more often than not he throws in spells of complete inadequacy. I can see him a dropping a 6-2 into this match, which might be enough for Mayer to make this bet happen. Speculative and a little hunchy, but I'm on it. - Tommy Haas -5.5 games (v Ernests Gulbis) @ 1.93 with 188bet: Haas is almost back to his best. Wonderful showing in Toronto in making the semi-finals and comes here rested and fresh. He's a dangerous man to have around the draw because his strokes are so pure. He's also a real pro; that can't be said of Gulbis. The big Latvian is so unpredictable because of his scattergun attitude. On a smaller court against a very tough opponent, I can see him breaking down and losing out to Haas. The German is such good nick that it's difficult to go against him. - Over 39 games AH between Mikhail Kukushkin and Jarkko Nieminen @ 1.95 with 188bet: This has all the right ingredients for an overs match. Two very similar players in terms of ability, two men in pretty average form and both will see it as a winnable match. Kukushkin leads the H2H 2-0 but isn't anywhere near his best right now, while I'm still wondering whether Nieminen will ever recover from that debilitating loss to Andy Murray at the French. Thirty-nine games could quite feasibly be covered in four set and I think it's the value call here. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 Few for me tonight as well. Atko has covered some of them which is a good job seeing as I'm shattered again so not going to do huge write-ups again. Juan Martin Del Potro vs Florent Serra- Under 28.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Always a slight risk taking the overs but in truth, Del Potro shouldn't be dropping a set to Serra. The Frenchman is extremely fortunate to be in the first round as he's got in as a lucky loser so he'll be delighted just to be here I reckon. He's no better than challenger level is Serra and despite winning a few first round matches in tournaments this year, when up against the better players, he's really got nothing at his disposal to trouble them. Del Potro's been playing decent of late and returning to arguably his favourite destination, he shouldn't be having too many problems in getting the job done here. Richard Gasquet (-8.5 games) to beat Albert Montanes- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Handicap looks a little low to me really in this one. Gasquet is another guy who will be delighted with his draw given Montanes' injury problems over the past couple of years or so and these days, the Spaniard doesn't really explore any further than his beloved clay. On the clay he's done okay but the level of opponents he's beaten really isn't that great. On a quicker surface against a far better opponent than he's been mixing with I do fear for him. Gasquet has won all 5 matches the two have played in the past which have all been on clay actually, so on a hard court it should be fairly routine for Gasquet. Tommy Haas (-4.5 games) to beat Ernests Gulbis- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) Handicap is a touch lower than most places have it and it's as much against Gulbis as it is favouring Haas. To be fair, the German has been playing extremely well of late. Taking a set of Djokovic and almost winning over in Washington and you'd have to say Haas is somewhere back to his best now. Gulbis' ranking is a joke really considering just how good he is, but as always the case with him, he's a complete nutcase and likely to implode at any point. Talent wise he's top 20 you'd have to say but his mental state is fragile, and well terrible for a guy on the tour really. He's capable of playing some blistering stuff like we saw against Berdych earlier in the year but that very rarely happens these days. Atko made a good point about an outside smaller court really doesn't favour Gulbis as generally he will play his best stuff on the big stage so Haas will just go about his business and should get the job done here comfortably in the end. The handicap allows for a dropped set as well but in the end I expect the German to win with a bit to spare. Couple for the women as well... Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (-5.5 games) to beat Kristina Mladenovic- 10/11 Stan James- (4/10) Actually went against the Russian in her opening match against Hantuchova but think she'll be okay today. Mladenovic isn't really experienced enough yet on the bigger stage and is still learning her trade on the challenger tour. She's still losing to girls ranked way outside the top 100, and comfortable losses at that. Pav's form has improved a fair bit and overcoming Hantuchova who was a potentially tricky opponent in the first round will give her confidence. She's beaten the likes of Wozniacki and Goerges recently whilst running Kvitova close as well and if she continues to play somewhere around that level, she'll have far too much for Mladenovic today. Anna Tatishvilli vs Sorana Cirstea- Over 20.5 games- 9/10 BetVictor- (3/10) Was close to backing Tatishvilli in some capacity but in the end I've plumped for the overs as the line looks a couple of games light to me. Both girls won pretty comfortably in the first round, Tatishvilli moreso but Cirstea did well to come back and beat Lisicki. Both girls have been in decent form lately and I honestly don't see a great deal of difference between them and the H2H supports that. Both matches the two have played against one another have gone the distance with one win a piece which shows there hasn't been much, if anything between them and with the line this low, it would only require a couple of tight sets to cover it whilst 3 sets definitely will so happy to take the overs here. ​

Re: US Open 2012 A Slight variation to what Fishy has above: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova - Kristina Mladenovic Under 18.5 games @ 10/11 Like Fishy says, Pavly has gone from strength to strength and she would like this to be over quick. At the moment the wind is dying down and the Russian should cruise comfortably in my opinion. stake 5/10 Sorana Cirstea vs Anna Tatishvili Sorana -3.5 games @ 1.8 (pinnacle) The Romanian has been playing well and took sets of Na Li. She has played some close sets against tougher opponents and is likely to be more confident after Round 1. She can win this handicap. Phillip Kohlschreiber vs Llodrant The Frenchman s overall US Open performance, current form and fitness all point to a 3-0 win for the German. Kohlschreiber -6 @ 1.8ish pinnacle is my shout. The German to win 3-0 is also a decent call in my opinion.

Re: US Open 2012 Utter rubbish from me tonight, complete car crash of a day. Lost count to how many break points Del Potro and Haas missed whilst Gasquet had chances as well despite a shocking start. Pav summed up the day really and that's a prime example to why it pays off to take the unders rather than the handicap sometimes. A poor night takes me all the way down to -4.82 for the tournament. :wall Only slight positive are the 5 outright players are all through so that's something but definitely need to make up for the results tomorrow night.

Re: US Open 2012 Good day for me with Klahn beating Melzer, so hoping to build on that today :ok Back Jurgen Zopp (+8.5) to beat Tomas Berdych for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle I rarely fancy Berdych to cover huge handicap lines and today is no exception, as Zopp was incredibly strong on serve in the first round and a similar performance today would allow him to cover this line with something to spare. And, even if he can't get the same kind of rhythm going, he has the baseline skills to keep this reasonably close in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zopp-vs-berdych-betting-jurgen-zopp-can-do-some-damage-against-tomas-berdych Back Galina Voskoboeva to beat Andrea Hlavackova for a 3/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Despite her poor run of form in recent months, I still rate Voskoboeva as the better singles player of the two and the easy win against Rus suggests that she is up for this challenge. She has the right weapons for countering Hlavackova's shots and the Czech can easily fall apart when things start going wrong. This is a good price in my opinion and deserves a bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/voskoboeva-vs-hlavackova-betting-galina-voskoboeva-looks-value-against-andrea-hlavackova Back Albert Ramos (+2.5 sets) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 3/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Alright, Verdasco is obviously the better player of the two when it comes to hard courts, but he is extremely inconsistent and fully capable of throwing away a set or two. Ramos has nothing to lose here and he is going to fight no matter what the scoreline says, so I fancy him to take a set off the experienced Spaniard. After all, Ramos has already managed to beat him 7-6 6-3 in Sao Paulo this year. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ramos-vs-verdasco-betting-albert-ramos-can-trouble-his-compatriot-in-the-us-open

Re: US Open 2012 czech punter: good luck but Ramos is absolute rubbish on hard courts, the only way that +2,5 is gonna be a winner is if nando beats himself. I once took Ramos against old man Malisse, he played so bad i wowed never to never bet on him when he is playing on hard

Re: US Open 2012 Matthew Ebden to beat Jeremy Chardy @ 11/4 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Fancy another upset here. Chardy in decent form this year and did well in Cincy but I find in Grand Slams that it is totally irrelevant how well you've done in the build up or whether you are in form or not. In these types of matches I look at their overall career and with Chardy you see someone who consistently loses at this stage of Grand Slams - and sometimes pretty tamely as well. So regardless of how promising his form is I'll never trust the Frenchman, especially as favourite as well. Ebden's form in Slams and in general is nothing to write home about however he can play on hard court, came through well against Ito, and I think his improvement in the last couple of years means he's got a bit more upside than Chardy in terms of making a run in an event like this. He has less mental scar tissue. He was two sets up against Nishikori at the Australian which shows he can play at a high level on this stage and if he can start off similarly well against Chardy I think he'll win as the Frenchman is more likely to crumble than resist. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 1-2 yesterday and I will be leaving for a holiday tomorrow, so these are probably going to be the last picks for quite some time. Back Steve Johnson to beat Ernests Gulbis for a 3/10 stake at 3.30 with Bwin Three things speak in Johnson's favour here. First of all, he has a serve that can frustrate Gulbis. Secondly, this will be the first match on Court 13 today and Gulbis does not like playing early. Thirdly, Court 13 is a fairly small court, which is again speaking in Johnson's favour - and there is only one man who is going to get the crowd's attention today as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/johnson-vs-gulbis-betting-the-talented-american-will-have-his-chances-against-gulbis Back Nadia Petrova to beat Lucie Safarova for a 3/10 stake at 2.09 with Pinnacle 4-1 H2H record and this is just a bad match-up for Safarova. Petrova hits flat shots and can force Safarova into defense, which is something the Czech simply cannot counter efficiently. Good serve as well, so Safarova is not going to get her big returns in on too many occasions. Would have Petrova as a small favourite, not a small underdog. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petrova-vs-safarova-betting-nadia-petrova-to-get-her-fifth-win-over-lucie-safarova Back Bradley Klahn (+8.5) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Give Klahn some respect. The man has made it from being absolutely nowhere to being in the second round of a Grand Slam, so he deserves plenty of it. Gasquet has never been a man that covers huge handicaps with ease and, although Berdych proved that these bets can go wrong fairly easily, I am willing to have a small punt on the American covering the 8.5 games line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klahn-vs-gasquet-betting-bradley-klahn-can-trouble-the-french-favourite-today

Re: US Open 2012 I took CzechPunter's advice and went for a similar bet of over 34.5 games in the Ramos-Verdasco match. Thanks a lot for the heads up earlier on in the day. Doubled it up with under 28.5 in the Querrey match with a 5/10 stake for a nice bit of profit yesterday! I think we all endured a shocker on Wednesday night... Here's to a better evening today :)

Re: US Open 2012 Darcis - Wawrinka | Over 37 1.87@pinnacle (6/10) Cracking match to come, the man in form Darcis takes on always tricky Stan. The swiss is so unrelieble that he can throw away a match, but sometimes he's a very good player, hittint the lines over and over, he's very agressive and will not change his style no matter who's playing with him. Darcis is in great shape at the moment, and i teel you that he will give a hard time to Stan. Both 2 prewious matches ended in favourite of Stan, but there were over all the way in both of them. I'm expecting tight match with! Overs here. gl!

Re: US Open 2012 Nothing really stood out yesterday which wasn't such a bad thing as it allowed me a day off after the shocker that was Wednessday. Hopefully tonight will bring some betteer results and this is sort of the first big day for me in the tournament given the amount I'm taking on. You'll see... :lol Jarkko Nieminen vs John Isner- Tie Break in Match- 8/11 Coral- (5/10) I'll kick off with one of my breaker bets and whenever big John plays, there's always a decent chance of one occuring. He's at times unreturnable on serve as we all know, but on return, he leaves a lot to be desired. At times, because of his huge serve, you get the feeling he's not completely interested on return as more often that not, against guys of the quality of Nieminen, he will win those tie breaks. Generally speaking though, he's not the best on return and with Nieminen's lefty serve, you'd fancy him to keep a couple of sets close despite his poor form. In all 3 of the matches the two have played against each other in the past, there's been at least one tie break in each match with 3 occuring when they met at Flushing Meadows a few years back now and I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't see at least one happening today. Steve Darcis vs Stanislas Wawrinka- Over 35.5 games- 4/5 Stan James- (5/10) Took the overs in Stan's first match and happy to do so again today. All the same applies really and usually no matter who he's playing, his games tend to drag on a bit. Whenever you think he's getting a foot hold, he will suddenly go missing for 10 minutes or so which gives his opponent chances. Darcis is in pretty decent form of late as well with his run over in Winston-Salem and should to prove sterm resistance for Wawrinka. Both games the two have played have gone the distance, including a 5 setter in the Davis Cup and with Stan's history, I'd be surprised if we didn't see at least 4 sets here which should cover the overs. Dennis Novikov (+9.5 games) to beat Julien Benneteau- 10/11 Stan James- (5/10) Novikov looks to be underrated here quite frankly. Atko has already spoken about big things are expected of this boy and his first round result against Jerzy Janowicz is really impressive for the youngster. Granted he hasn't played a great deal of tennis at this level, but that result shows that he wasn't struggling with nerves and just how much quality he has at such a young age. Benneteau is certainly no world beater either whilst his recent form has been pretty poor really since pushing Federer in SW19. Bradley Klahn (+8.5 games) to beat Richard Gasquet- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) I really wasn't particularly impressed by Gasquet against Montanes. He will win here, but against the Spaniard, he started slopperly and was making a ton of errors in a game he should really have dominated from ball one. The home boy Klahn has shown what he can do and he'll be playing off the home crowd. Gasquet doesn't usually demolish guys too often and with the first round performances of both, I'm happy to back the American here. Steve Johnson (+5.5 games) to beat Ernests Gulbis- 4/5 Bodog- (4/10) I'm with Czech again here as traditionally when Gulbis pulls off a thrilling win, he so often follows it up with a not so good one. In truth he's lucky to still be here as Haas missed a shed load of break points in the first round as well as letting a 2 set lead slip. Johnson won pretty comfortably in the end against Rajeev Ram and there's enough to suggest he'll be competitive here. Home support, good on serve and Gulbis' erratic nature should see him cover the handicap. Igor Sijsling vs David Ferrer- Under 30.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) I know Ferrer's form has dipped recently but he did enough against Anderson in the first round for me to back him today. I sort of get the feeling with Ferrer that once he gets a couple of wins under his belt, his confidence will be restored again and we'll see a return to form. Once he was ahead against Anderson, he started to relax and ultimately play better. It's going to be a tough ask for Sijsling here given the amount of balls Ferrer is going to return. He's already been on the wrong end of a drubbing from the Spaniard this year on grass, so on a slightly slower surface, I fear for him here. Brian Baker (+5.5 games) to beat Janko Tipsarevic- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Lleyton Hewitt (-2.5 games) to beat Gilles Muller- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) I know the Aussie isn't the player he once was but this is a pretty good draw for him in my eyes. He's a pretty good returner whilst he's still decent off the deck and he was always pretty comfortable in the first round really whilst he should have plenty still left in the tank for this one. Muller is probably the most fortunate player in the draw still given just how much he was being outplayed by Youhzny in the previous round. His form hasn't been great for a while now so that comeback would have been a bonus for him. I think this is the end of the road for him here though, with Hewitt far more consistent in the rallies and Muller not serving as well as he needs to if he is to keep things competitive here. Leonardo Mayer vs Tommy Robredo- Over 38.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) This looks to have epic written all over it to me. A few years back you'd say Robredo will be winning this comfortably but with all of the injuries he's had over the past couple of years, you wouldn't rule out a Mayer win here. Both are traditionally clay court specialists if you like and in that I find, comes a lot of long and gruelling battles. I was extremely surprised to see Robredo beat Seppi so easily but from looking at the score line, you'd probably say Seppi was a no show really. Mayer won narrowly and should be a much stiffer test for the Spaniard. He's generally pretty solid on serve which should give him plenty of cheap points, especially with Robredo still finding his way back and I expect a pretty long one here in truth. Na Li vs Laura Robson- Over 18.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Prefer the overs here as opposed to the Robson handicap as she is still capable of throwing in a rotten set from time to time. On the face of it though, this line looks a little low. Robson will be extremely confident after her win over Clijsters and she's shown in the past that she can mix it up with the big guns in the WTA. Li had a few problems against Dellacqua actually which she shouldn't have and if Robson plays aggressively like she did against the Belgian,she should keep things close here with one tight set almost covering the line alone. Anna Tatishvilli (-4.5 games) to beat Mandy Minella- 7/8 Bodog- (4/10) Marion Bartoli (-4.5 games) to beat Kristina Mladenovic- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) Never the biggest fan of backing Bartoli with handicaps bit I'll try my luck here. In all honesty she shouldn't have too many problems here. Mladenovic like I wrote when I backed Pavlyuchenkova in the previous round, isn't any better than challenger level still really and she was just fortunate that Pav played like utter horse crap. Hopefully Bartoli won't as if both play to their mean, Bartoli is a good few levels better with the power she can generate off both sides and hopefully that will be enough today like it should.

Re: US Open 2012 Much better day for me yesterday albeit with rushed and even a couple of lacking write-ups. It was just one of those days at work and that won't happen again. Anyway, a good night nonetheless and +19.93 coming from it which takes me to +15.11 for the tournament. All 5 of my outrights are through to the third round as well so all of those just need one more win to reach the last 16.

You still confident on them 5 fishy? Muggins here backed them all in an accum ( daft I know)' date=' so have a bit of a sweat on :)[/quote'] Haha tasty price on those 5 in an accumulator though! To answer the question though, Almagro should beat Sock tonight but he does have a tendency to let you down a bit the Spaniard when you think he's destined to win but he should come through that one. All the rest are tomorrow with Gasquet and Roddick big favourites against Johnson and Fognini so I'd expect both of those to win as they've played okay so far. The final 2 are a little bit more risky I'd say. Isner/Kohlschreiber will be tight, probably a little more than the odds suggest really but the American has won all 3 matches in the past and is on a 7 match unbeaten streak whilst Kohli narrowly scraped through against Paire yesterday in an epic. Might be suffering from fatigue perhaps but with the H2H the way it is, I'd probably fancy Isner to come through that one. I'm going to be honest, God knows what's going to happen in the Dolgo-Wawrinka match. Both have such mental frailties that you'd be a brave man to back either. I personally wouldn't be having Dolgopolov as the underdog like some bookies do considering he bagelled Baghdatis in a set yesterday and won in 4 and his form has improved recently. Getting involved in picking a winner in Wawrinka's matches is a bit like playing darts blindfolded. You never really know what to expect which is why I always tend to pick the overs in his matches as they are rarely straight forward, especially in the slams. Just about got past Darcis yesterday, should have been more comfortable than that but that's what you get with Stan. Dolgopolov beat him last year on clay when he was the underdog so that's why I don't really get why he's the slight underdog especially when both are so erratic at times. If you wanted, the Ukrainian would be the only one I'd be a little ify about in the accum so you could lay him and guarantee a profit providing the other 4 win like they should. That's not personally how I bet as I like to let my bets ride and I do think he'll have his chances to win. Think the price I got on him was 15/8? Something like that so there's a chance to lay off for a profit if you want, but I'm going to have faith in him to come through. Hope that helps mate. :ok