** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2012

Re: US Open 2012

hello guys, my name is joao today i have 2 bets 99 % sure bets if you follow me today you will be happy i have information, long history,.... my bets : cibulkova - vinci : back cibulkova cilic - nishikori : back cilic trust me !!!
No offence but to say Nishikori and Vinci only hava a 1% chance of winning is ludicrous. Perhaps you could elaborate on why you fancy your picks so strongly.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello guys, my name is joao today i have 2 bets 99 % sure bets if you follow me today you will be happy i have information, long history,.... my bets : cibulkova - vinci : back cibulkova cilic - nishikori : back cilic trust me !!!
Like tadley has said, we need you to provide reasoning for your picks rather than just a one word answer on who is going to win the match.

maybe you need know what is MAFIA,FIX,INJURED,..ETC and maybe you need know why only 3 % users win money in long terms gl
This really isn't the place for this kind of betting/info. As to your fact of only 3% win money in the long term, I think you'll find that most who contribute in the tennis threads are doing just fine without this kind of info. Maybe you need to know that. :ok

Re: US Open 2012 im not sure how to put in the odds and firms here or whether i should be puttin these somewhere else but anyway here we go bet chardy 1.64 betfair lord mayors show for klizan normaly profitable strategy to oppose player who won his last match at big odds (14) chardy looked very solid v ebden bet fish 1.4 betfair Simon appears to believe hes cant win this match before it starts.Gonna be hard for him here with his shoulder problem impairing his serve ps: just to clarify neither of these matches is fixed as far as im aware :lol

Re: US Open 2012 Good day yesterday then so hoping to build on that today. Taking a fair few again as well as effectively being on Almagro at 13/8 today. Andy Murray (-8.5 games) to beat Feliciano Lopez- 21/20 Bodog- (5/10) I really like this match up for Murray. There's very little, if anything at Lopez's disposal to trouble him whatsoever in truth so the match is completely on Murray's racket. Lopez usually picks up a lot of cheap games due to his serve but against a guy like Murray with his returning skills, he simply doesn't get that luxury and when in a rally, he can't really hurt Murray whilst the Brit is one of the best passers in the game. The Spaniard has only taken 1 set off Murray in 6 meetings which shows what a poor match this is for him and 12 months ago at the same stage at Flushing Meadows, Murray ran out an easy winner. Lopez might just keep one set close if Murray feels his way in, but at some stage I'd expect a 6-1 or 6-2 set which should bring the handicap into play nicely. Tomas Berdych (-4.5 games) to beat Sam Querrey- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Think now is the right time to back Berdych now he's won a couple of matches comfortably this week. He's finally returned to a bit of form over in the US after a disastrous grass court season but comfortable wins over Zopp and Goffin this week as well as that run in Winston-Salem look to have restored his confidence. This match should be pretty match on serve for the majority but the difference lies in that Berdych is a far better returner of serve than the American and is far more consistent in the rallies. Both guys should pick up plenty of cheap points on serve but I'd fancy Berdych to make some inroads on return on a more frequent basis than his opponent. He beat Querrey pretty soundly just a week or so back in Winston-Salem and even if he drops a tight set here, he can still cover the handicap. Milos Raonic (-4.5 games) to beat James Blake- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Think this is the right time to back Raonic with a handicap as well after going against him in his opening game against Giraldo. Again this should be a game dominated by serve but at times these days, Blake can let himself down with some sloppy games and although Raonic isn't the best returner, he's still good enough to take advantage of that whereas it's pretty hard to see Blake getting much success unless it's through a tie break. I'd fancy Raonic to break a few times though throughout the match and that should be the difference and mean he will cover the handicap. When he beat Blake last year indoors, he managed to win one of those 2 sets with a couple of breaks so he may well do that again today but I do think this is the end of the road for the veteran. Jeremy Chardy (-2.5 games) to beat Martin Klizan- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) A bit like Bartoli yesterday, I'm not particularly keen on backing Chardy with handicaps but Bartoli has restored my faith in French tennis a bit so let's see if Chardy can continue that faith. These two are actually a couple of the form players if you like in the past few weeks given they've both put little runs together in their respective tournaments but I do slightly favour the Frenchman here. Usually you will see him struggle against guys he should be beating comfortably but that hasn't been the case so far and he has dispatched of Ebden and Volandri easily which is good to see if you're a Chardy fan. He's been serving well and confidence looks to be high after beating the likes of Istomin, Roddick and Murray a couple of weeks back. Klizan has 2 really good wins to his name so far this week including that scalp of Tsonga but the Frenchman's serving in that one left a lot to be desired really as he was really off colour. Chardy hopefully won't and he should, if he continues playing how he has done, be a lot more focussed and aggressive from the start. His rally play has been what's impressed me when I've seen him lately and his error count is way down to what it sometimes is. I'm just still not convinced that Klizan is quite at Chardy's level just at the minute. He's got some impressive scalps to his name so far to be fair, but Chardy has more experience at this level and his confidence is reflected in his tennis at the minute. This could well go the distance in truth, but the handicap can easily be covered in 4 or maybe 5 sets if it needs to be and I think Chardy will have just about enough here. A few for the women as well after yesterday's success... Roberta Vinci (-2.5 games) to beat Dominika Cibulkova- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Despite the 'fixing' claims, I think Vinci looks good here. She's in superb form, currently 7 unbeaten and she's had a really good and consistent season thus far. She fought back well to beat Shvedova which will have delighted her and she'll take confidence into this one with the knowledge that she's beaten Cibulkova twice this year and won the last 3 in total between the pair. In all 3 of those matches she's covered the handicap and she's just generally in a better place with her tennis right now. Cibulkova had her problems against Larsson in the first round which she really shouldn't be having whilst Jovanovski really pushed her as well. She's had a really poor year by her standards really aside from the clay and even recently she's been losing to girls she should be beating comfortably. Vinci though is in a really good place with her tennis right now and I fancy her to get the job done in this one. Jelena Jankovic to beat Agnieszka Radwanska- 19/10 Sportingbet- (3/10) Now normally I wouldn't even consider backing against Radwanska as she's probably my favourite player in the WTA but think she might be prime for an upset here. Jankovic has got a pretty good record against the Pole, 2-2 overall in the H2H but she's taken a set from Agy in both of the matches that she's lost and comfortable sets at that. Right now, you'd have to say Radwanska isn't at that level due to injury and dropping the opening set against Suarez Navarro does suggest that she's not completely right just at the minute. Jankovic has won a few matches recently which she needs to do as she's very much a confidence player and if she can get stuck into Radwanska early today, she might well cause a mini upset here. Sloane Stephens (+4.5 games) to beat Ana Ivanovic- 5/6 Bodog- (3/10) I personally wouldn't be having Ivanovic as such a big favourite here. Yes she's beaten her first couple of opponents easily but in truth she should do and Stephens will be the first real test for her. We can't forget that she recently was double bagelled by Vinci in Montreal and she's not really set the tennis world alight with her form at any point this year so to suggest she's going to beat the talented American comfortably is a bit of long shot in my eyes. Stephens has already tested the bigger names this year and only recently has she taken sets of Radwanska and Bartoli which shows how good she is. Today she'll have the crowd on her side so it'll be interesting to see how Ivanovic copes with that given her mental frailties. 12 months ago here, Ivanovic ran out a 6-4 6-3 winner and I think Stephens has improved a vast amount since then so I'd expect her to improve on her performance from a year ago and push Ivanovic close here. Maria Kirilenko vs Andrea Hlavackova- Over 19.5 games- 21/20 Bodog- (3/10) I just think this line is set a little low. With Kirilenko's matches, rarely is it done and over with quickly and very often actually there is at least one really tight set when she plays. She's in decent form and came into Flushing Meadows with that little run over in New Haven and she's easily beaten Scheepers and Arn so far. Hlavackova should provide a much sterner test though and she must be really high on confidence just at the minute.We've probably all seen the success she's been having in the doubles and that looks to have benefited her singles play as well. She made the third round in Cincinnati which was a good showing and she pushed Kerber in both sets which was impressive to see. This week she's already beaten Zakopalova and Voskoboeva which are two really good wins really for her so she should be full on confidence given her recent results and if she can play like she was doing over in Cincinnati, I think she'll prove to be a much bigger test than the odds and line suggests here.

Re: US Open 2012 Lopez should have beaten Murray earlier, bottled it on big pts really. Isner vs Kohlschreiber TIE BREAK IN MATCH: YES @ 8/11 (Coral:10/10) Wouldn't have Isner as a 1.30 shot against Kohli in all honesty, but he could bore his way through in 4/5 sets and they tend to be tight sets with Big John involved. Took down out of form Nieminen in 4 last round, one tie break, and beat Malisse in 4 in round one with two tie breaks and Malisse had chances to take the 4th set breaker but missed an easy volley to swing it. Isner as usual serving bombs, and still the worst top player when it comes to returning. He;s in good form right now but in longer matches you never know with him. Kohli's form hasnt been superb recently, some dodgy losses in the lead up events and he did need 4 and 5 sets to beat Llodra and Paire but I expect him to be competitive in a match against a limited player like Isner as he can serve fairly well, has power from the baseline and variety. Should be a few tight sets and I wouldnt have this price above 1.50 tbh.

Re: US Open 2012 That price you got on the tie break is criminal mate. Never getting a price like that now unfortunately but I'd be all over that like a rash as well. As for last night, bit hit and miss really and it was a shame Stephens couldn't win one more game in her match to cover the handicap. Jankovic also had a few chances against Radwanska but just couldn't hold serve enough whilst Murray was dire. If he plays like that tomorrow, he's gone. Almagro won though to take the outright at a handy price so it was +3.34 yesterday taking me to +18.45 for the tournament now.

Re: US Open 2012 Onto middle Sunday then and taking an interest in virtually all of the men's matches today. As it stands, I'm on Gasquet to win at Evens, Isner to win at 5/4, Dolgopolov at 15/8 and also Roddick at 5/4 and of those guys, 3 are heavy favourites so hopefully they do the job like Almagro did yesterday. As well as these, I'm having a few match bets including my first max bet of the tournament... David Ferrer (-6.5 games) to beat Lleyton Hewitt- 5/6 Stan James- (10/10) I know a lot of people are backing the Aussie to roll back the years a bit in this one but I personally don't see it. Both players are fairly similar you could argue in the way they play but there's a few key differences to factor into this one. The first being Hewitt's fitness and condition and after overcoming Muller in around 4 and a half hours, I worry a bit for him in terms of fatigue. Even when 'fully fresh' if you like, he is no way as fit as he used to be and he must still be feeling the effects of that Muller match a touch. Now against some players you can get away with that fatigue but against Ferrer, who will return pretty much everything Hewitt throws at him and move him all over the court, I do fear for Hewitt. Ferrer has dominated Anderson and Sijsling in his matches and with the way both guys play with their big serve, the Spaniard should have plenty in the tank for today. A few years ago, I'd have given Hewitt more of a chance but with the way both players have gone about their tennis this year and for some time now, I have to make Ferrer a big favourite and I think wear Hewitt down too much and win with a bit to spare today. Novak Djokovic (-9.5 games) to beat Julien Benneteau- 5/6 Sportingbet- (6/10) Was thinking about going in a little harder on this one as well but I've held back a little although I expect the Serb to will cosily. Benneteau usually raises his game for the big matches and he's actually got a decent record against Djokovic in the sense that he's kept things close but they haven't met for a while and the Frenchman's form really has dipped a bit since that Federer match at Wimbledon. He was hammered by Federer at the Olympics whilst Istomin and Kubot have beaten him more recently which shows that dip in form. Djokovic looks to me to be extremely motivated recently and those defeats in London look to have really made him focus a little more. He's absolutely blown Lorenzi and Da Silva off court without really playing any higher than second or third gear and the fact that you know there's so much more to come is a little frightening really. I just think with the way Benneteau has been playing since Wimbledon and the fact that Djokovic is going to want to continue his dominance, he'll win this one far more comfortably than some think and save plenty more for the second week. Janko Tipsarevic (-7.5 games) to beat Grega Zemlja- 5/6 Sportingbet- (4/10) Like Tipsarevic here really considering the way he beat Brian Baker in the second round. I thought Baker would push the Serb a little more but the comfortable manner in which he won impressed me and he should be too good for Zemlja here. To be fair to him, the form he's in is superb as he's currently on a 10 match unbeaten run but it has to be said, the level of guys he's played in that time isn't brilliant and Tipsarevic is a huge step up than any of those guys. Zemlja is decent enough though all round, but Tipsarevic is better in all departments really and if you look at Zemlja's results, when up against a guy in the top 20 or so he really struggles and despite his good form, the Serb should take care of him comfortably today. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Stanislas Wawrinka- Tie Break in Match- 4/6 Bet365- (4/10) I'm already on Dolgopolov and hopefully he'll win but this match could go all the way really given both players mental inconsistencies. Both guys have already played a couple of lengthy matches so far ad usually in the slams, these two like playing 5 setters which is the case for some guys so there should be plenty of time for a tie break to pop up. In both of Wawrinka's matches so far there has been at least 1 tie break whilst Dolgopolov played one against Baghdatis is the previous round as well. At times, this should be a bit of a serve fest I feel as both guys possess pretty decent serves which also increases the chances of that 7-6 set. When Dolgopolov won last year on the clay there was a tie break in the match and with the possibility of 5 sets looming, I like the chances of one being played out today. Richard Gasquet vs Steve Johnson- Tie Break in Match- 11/10 Coral- (3/10) Again I'm on Gasquet to win this one already but I'd have the odds for a tie break a lot lower than this really when you consider how Johnson's been playing. He's recently won a challenger event and has 2 impressive wins to his name this week over Ram and Gulbis so he's clearly playing well and he'll use the crowd to his advantage today. Why I think the odds should be lower is because on serve he is very strong and possesses a very good one so he should be comfortable on serve if he continues to play like he has done whilst you fancy Gasquet to remain strong in that department as well. He's already played 3 breakers in his 2 matches so far and with him feeding off the crowd today, I'd fancy him to keep a couple of sets tight enough and hopefully make at least one of them go the distance.

Re: US Open 2012 Wow what just Ferer did right there ... have picked him -7.5 !! huh that was something special from him, watched after 3rd set and realised that he must win 6-0 for me ... just amazing, that's why i'm loving him like a player, that he never gives up and no matter what are the circumstances, he just never stops playing great tennis. Well done, well done

Re: US Open 2012 some nice calls from fishy and owenclass, looking ahead to monday's play and does anyone else feel Aga is a solid price to take care of Vinci? I understand Vinci is on a hard court winning streak but further examination of her opponents over that span and I can't really give her that much credit with Cibulkova seemingly in a dark place at the moment and everyone else outside of top 30. Aga owns the h2h 4-0 and should be able to dictate the play here. Vinci also playing doubles here and has spent much more time on court. betez has Aga at 4/9 and looks like an attractive wager to me. simply waiting for them to post handicaps later tonight. cheers

Re: US Open 2012 First time I've woken up to find a match is still being played but unfortunately Isner couldn't take it but didn't watch the match obviously so can't comment on it whereas Dolgopolov played one of the worst matches I've ever seen and I've seen him play some stinkers before. Terrible stuff from the Ukrainian. Thankfully Gasquet and Roddick won comfortably enough whilst Ferrer just about managed to cover the handicap for the main bet of the day. From yesterday then, and all the outrights settled, it was +9.38 which leaves me on +27.83 heading into the second week. Hopefully it proves to be as profitable. :hope Good calls on the Roddick match Owen :clap

Re: US Open 2012 Fishy watched the whole game mate.. just letting you know Isner really struggled in the heat, dont know what his training regiments are like but after he won the third set, was really sweating profusely and struggled to even stay in rallies, just too many lazy unforced errors purely from fatigue!

Re: US Open 2012 With all the football in the last week, i've not had time to focus on the US Open until now. Will take my first bet tonight as; Roger Federer vs Mardy Fish Over 30.5 games in the match 1.73 at Paddy Power (2 /10 units) I believe Fish is in good enough form and fitness to give Roger a test here. In the 3 previous meetings between these two since Fish’s push up rankings in 2010, the American has been able to either take a set off Federer or push him to at least one tie break. Indeed he was able to do that just a couple of weeks ago at the Cinnincati event, and given Fish’s decent showing so far, coming back from 2 sets down to beat Davydenko and also taking out the 16th seed Simon, the American will have a bit more confidence and momentum going into this clash and I can see no reason why he can’t do something similar tonight. This line is set a couple of games lower than elsewhere as well, which also caught my eye. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 The last time I watched tennis (before this US Open) Djokovic was still ranked #1. My best reasoning thus would be "I let a monkey check for me" *LOL* Ok, so I've just went out of my head & placed a 3-fold @ 11+ (could've been a 4-fold @ 21+, but I've missed the Almagro-Berdych Over 38.5 by a few seconds. It was there when I clicked picked it -obviously- but the system refused to accept when I completed the other pick) *Sigh* Federer-Fish Over 32.5 games: Although Feds is 8-1 up in the H2H, Fish has either taken a set of pushed him to a tie-breaker in the last 4, including the Western & Southern match on August. 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 will do the trick for me. Cilic-Klizan Over 38.5 games: Didn't even check the H2H. Klizan dropped a set to Tsonga, but has been winning comfortably in all other sets, while Cilic obviously tends to take his matches to more than 3 sets. Unless someone decides to leave the court, giving the other a 6-0 win is one set; almost any 'normal' combination of 4 sets will do. Raonic tb. Murray: I know it's a log shot, but Murray seemed to have had such easy rides in the 1st two rounds wins Bogomolov & Dodiq (both 3-0). Filiciano Lopez was another story & he needed tie-breaks in each of the 3 sets he won, and also dropped a set by 4-6. In other words, Lopez pushed Murray to the limit despite the Spaniard's limited abilities on hard court compared to his on grass in particular. Raonic -on the other hand- may have started slow (3-2 over Giraldo in the 1st round), but has stepped on the gas pedal in the consequent 2 games beating Paul-Henri Mathieu in 3 sets (7-5, 6-4 & 7-6) before he outmuscled James Blake to a place in the last 16 (6-3, 6-0 & 7-6), and with a place in R4 for the first time in a Grand Slam he must be overly excited and will give his all to go further. He will be even more bouyed by the fact he has already beat Murray once this year, winning 6-4 & 7-6 in Barcelona (clay court), so that gives him the advantage here already. I -of course- was mainly looking at the overs, found the line was set at 40.5 (if I recall correct), but then thought 3.50 on the Canuck to win here considering Murray doesn't look like he's ready to go much further. Once again I urge you NOT to follow me. The guys here (especially Fishy) seem to have been doing a great job. I just dropped by to say hi & probably give you a chance to have a good laugh at me ;-)

Re: US Open 2012 Del Potro to beat Roddick - 1/3 = yes please. Literally cannot see any risk here at all. Del Potro is playing very well at the minute, could have won the gold at the Olympics arguably. I actually think he could well win it this year. Roddick considering how he's been playing has performed brilliantly to make the 4th round. If on grass, I would avoid at this price, considering this should be Roddick's last match. You'll be missed! I just cannot see Roddick doing enough to win the match. He may win a set, and he's bound to be unbelievably up for it, I just expect Del Potro to dictate many rallies. Also, I don't believe Roddick's serve is what it was. Raonic to beat Murray - speculative punt. Raonic has an absolute beast of a serve, and is very tough to break. He's certainly improving, and has beaten Murray in their only previous meeting ( albeit on clay ). Murray I was surprised to see struggle v a very very average Lopez, who goes well on grass due to the big lefty serve. I was shocked he managed to take Murray to 3 tiebreaks. Raonic is a different class to Lopez, so if Murray doesn't up his game, he's definitely going out here. Problem is, he probably will up it! Class act Muray, however I feel Raonic is worth a fiver. Gut feeling. Raonic v Murray - tiebreak in match. No idea on the price here, but if Lopez can get 3 tie breaks out of Murray, surely 1 set here is likely to go that way? Raonic could prove very tough to break, and I can see a tiebreak happening in certainly one of the first two sets. Personally, I believe Kohlschreiber could take Tipsarevic out also. I really wouldn't be shocked. I don't have too much logic for this punt, bar Kohl has a very very big serve, and when he's on, he really is. Also, I couldn't back Jarko at that kind of price. Likewise, could you really back Cilic at 2/9 to win a tennis match? Klizan is a good player, and has a very realistic chance of progressing. Cilic is such a weird player. Should do better. He's a bit like Nalbandian in some respects! Very talented, but odds on vs anyone, could you really trust your money on him?!

Personally, I believe Kohlschreiber could take Tipsarevic out also. I really wouldn't be shocked. I don't have too much logic for this punt, bar Kohl has a very very big serve, and when he's on, he really is. Also, I couldn't back Jarko at that kind of price.
Kohlschreiber very very big serve? lol

Andy Roddick vs Fabio Fognini roddick to win 3-1 11/4 skybet over 34.5 games 10/11 skybet with the crowd behind him he should come through this match but it will be tough
i got all two selections right especially the set betting which i had feeling it might happen it was always going to be four sets

Re: US Open 2012 With the Federer vs Fish bet voided due to the American's illness, lets try again with; Janko Tipsarevic vs Phillip Kohlschreiber Tipsarevic -3.5 games 1.83 at Stan James (1.5 / 10 units) I don’t think Tipsarevic is the type of player that you would want to play coming off the back of two very long 5 set matches that Kohlschrieber has done, especially Sunday nights gruelling match which didn’t finish until 2am local time. Tipsarevic has an aggressive game and will be looking to take the match to the German straight from the first serve. I can’t imagine a weary Kohlschreiber will be able to contain him for that long and I’m expecting a 4 set win for Tipsarevic at worst, which should hopefully cover this handicap. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Andy Roddick The United States of America have always been a force in the world´s tennis with players like Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Ivan Lendl, Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi winning the biggest titles and dominating the tour. It was Andy Roddick who holded the American flag reasonably high after Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi hung up their tennis rackets, winning the 2003 US Open and reaching four other Grand Slam finals and he would surely add much more titles wouldn´t he competing in the era of Roger Federer. Roddick decided to end his professional tennis career after the 2012 US Open and it looks like America will lose its tennis star tonight and Juan Martin Del Potro will be known as Roddick´s last opponent. Roddick showed some solid tennis in his last matches but Del Potro is a player of totally different caliber than Tomic or Fognini as he has a real chance to win the whole tournament and repeat his victory from 2009. Del Potro is primarily an offensive baseliner with a powerful serve and deep groundstrokes and posibly the most powerful forehand in the game. Andy Roddick will surely try his best and will have an enormous support from home fans but Juan Martin Del Potro will be too much for him and we are expecting the Argentine to cover the 4.5 games handicap. Starting Time: 05 September 2012, 01:10 CET Bet: Del Potro -4.5 games Odds: 1.73 Stake: 8 units Bookmaker: Stan James

Re: US Open 2012 Again nothing really stood out to me yesterday so avoided it. Taking a few today and I'll do 2 separate posts just so I get them written up in good time. Will cover the 2 women's matches first and then the men's in the second post as they start a little later. Victoria Azarenka (-4.5 games) to beat Sam Stosur- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Happy to back Azarenka here and the H2H speaks volumes for this one really. 6-0 in favour of her and in that time she's not dropped a single set which tells its own story really. She'll be able to deal with Stosur's power and she'll look to use that to her advantage and dictate the play really. She's not had any problems in her 4 games so far so she'll be fresh whilst Stosur was actually a tad fortunate that Robson didn't push her more as the young Brit missed shots on key points. Azarenka won't do that though as she's proven to be one of the most consistent girls on the tour now for some time and rarely makes mistakes during her matches. As I've said, the H2H massively favours her and I'd be surprised if she has any problems with the Aussie today. Maria Sharapova (-5.5 games) to beat Marion Bartoli- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Another pretty poor match up for one of the girls here and it massively favours Sharapova really. She's in much the better form out of the two and she leads the H2H 4-0 without dropping a set as well. Although Bartoli beat Kvitova, she still dropped the opening set 6-1 which shows how erratic she can be at times. Kvitova is still a little inconsistent as well but Sharapova isn't and she should be able to hit through Bartoli you feel. The Frenchwoman possesses a lot of power herself but her movement really isn't great and returning wise she's pretty average as well. In recent weeks, the likes of Errani and Larsson have beaten her and on a quicker surface, she should be beating both of those players comfortably. Sharapova is probably a couple of levels above her really and although Bartoli may actually keep one of the sets close, I fully expect the Russian to win one of the sets comfortably which should see the handicap through.

Re: US Open 2012 And the men's matches as well... Richard Gasquet to beat David Ferrer- 11/4 Bet365- (2/10) Richard Gasquet (+6 games) to beat David Ferrer- 5/6 Sportingbet- (4/10) As much as I hate to go against Ferrer, I think he's slightly overrated here really. It's a bit weird that I spoke about the 2 women's matches and factored in the importance of the H2H and now I'm backing a guy who trails this H2H 7-1 but I do think he's got a chance here. Ferrer has said he's a little bit tired and not playing at his complete best right now and you could see evidence of that against Hewitt. He was pretty sluggish on break points in the first set which is something you don't really associate with Ferrer and in the end he was a tad fortunate that the Aussie ran out of steam as Hewitt had the momentum for a good while and missed a ton of set points in the opening set. Gasquet has impressed me as well and he's beaten everyone he's played so far extremely comfortably really and is in decent form after beating Berdych, Fish and Isner a few weeks back in Toronto. He's been serving well which will be key here as if he can serve well, he knows he will always get chances on Ferrer's serve so there's always a chance for the Frenchman. Gasquet kept things close with Ferrer on clay earlier this year when the Spaniard was playing better than he is right now so with the odds this high, I'll back the Frenchman to go well today. Janko Tipsarevic (-3.5 games) to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) I went with the Serb in the previous round without success but I'll back him to make amends today. It's more against the German this bet really given the amount of tennis he's been forced to play last week. A long 4 setter against Llodra and then another epic against Paire in the second round which went the distance. Isner than lost in 5 to Kohli in the boiling heat and although he's had a day off, I can't imagine he's 100% coming into this one and fatigue could well play a part in this one. On the other side, Tipsarevic has won his last 2 matches in 3 sets so he'll be far the fresher player in this one. He's already beaten the German so far this year over in Germany and although Kolhi might have the legs to take a set, I expect at some point he'll start to fade and Tipsarevic will win in the end with a bit to spare. Stanislas Wawrinka vs Novak Djokovic- Under 31.5 games- 5/6 Sportingbet- (4/10) Prefer the unders here to the overs as the unders would cover something like a 6-4 6-4 6-4 or a 7-6 6-4 6-2 which the handicap won't. I can't really see Wawrinka taking a set of the Serb though given the way both guys are playing. Particularly Djokovic who has been really impressive when I've seen him last week and he's not yet dropped more than 3 games in any set in his 3 matches. Wawrinka should test him a bit more but I still don't think he's playing well enough to cause Djokovic too many problems. He was extremely fortunate that Dolgopolov played as badly as he did in the last round and in all honesty, Wawrinka didn't have to do anything really given how badly Dolgo was playing. Djokovic will be far more consistent and won't make anywhere near the same amount of errors whilst his serve has been working extremely well. Wawrinka will throw in an extremely loose game on serve at times and that's where the Serb should pounce. He's not dropped a set to Stan in the past 3 meetings and even if there's a tie break somewhere along the line, Djokovic should take at least one set comfortably enough which providing he doesn't drop a set which I don't think he will do, he should do enough to cover the unders.

Janko Tipsarevic vs Phillip Kohlschreiber tipsarevic to win 3-1 11/4 skybet he is playing great stuff and he is ready to reach the quatres in a grand slam
You do well with these 3-1 correct scoreline bets / tips but mate, Fishy and co are going through the very trouble of paragraph write-ups containing substance. "He is playing great and is ready to reach the next round" is a little vague and could be said about any tip for a player to win.