** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 2012 cilic +2.5 sets 2.18 pinnacle Obviously murray big favourite here but cant help feelin his win over Raonic is overated.Raonic was awful possibly overawed by the occassion 6 double faults only won 59% of first serve points and only 31% of second serve points.also todays match played earlier murray struggled with heat and humidity v lopez. berdych +2.5 sets 1.78 pinnacle berdych looks to be playing himself into very good form.hopin Feds w/o translates into a rusty start and he just aint quite as strong at the tail end of 5 setters anymore. by the way I cant hit a cows arse at the moment so feel free to do the opposite :)

Re: US Open 2012 Cilic +2.5 sets 2.2 pinnacle really feels murray slightly overated here.Raonic was awful and this game played earlier in the day , murray admited he struggled in the heat an humidity v lopez. Berdych + 2.5 sets 1.78 pinn berdych really playing into some very good form.hopin Feds w/o translates into a bit of rustiness and also feel he just aint quite as strong in these 5 setters as he used to be. ps I cant hit a cows arse at the moment so please feel free to oppose :(

Re: US Open 2012

Victoria Azarenka (-4.5 games) to beat Sam Stosur- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Happy to back Azarenka here and the H2H speaks volumes for this one really. 6-0 in favour of her and in that time she's not dropped a single set which tells its own story really. She'll be able to deal with Stosur's power and she'll look to use that to her advantage and dictate the play really. She's not had any problems in her 4 games so far so she'll be fresh whilst Stosur was actually a tad fortunate that Robson didn't push her more as the young Brit missed shots on key points. Azarenka won't do that though as she's proven to be one of the most consistent girls on the tour now for some time and rarely makes mistakes during her matches. As I've said, the H2H massively favours her and I'd be surprised if she has any problems with the Aussie today.
Out of all the great tips here, this one was most unlucky to go down. It was already covered in the 1st set alone, so whatever happened next I cannot explain (was busy watching Sharapova vs Bartoli; thinking Azarenka -4.5 was in the bag alreay. I was stunned when I checked the scores after Sharapova squeezed her war through to the semi-final. Still GOOD tipping; fishy & a very nice write-up; mate

Janko Tipsarevic vs Phillip Kohlschreiber Tipsarevic -3.5 games 1.83 at Stan James (1.5 / 10 units)
Good start on my return to the tennis +1.25 units profit. For tonight i'm taking; Ana Ivanovic vs Serena Williams Over 17.5 Games 1.80 at Bet Victor (1 / 10 units) This line looks a little bit low for me, and I’ll take a chance on it. Slowly this year Ivanovic has been getting back to form, it started at the Aussie Open and she been able to continue the momentum for most of the year, particularly performing so much better at the slams than we’ve seen from her in the last couple of years. From what I’ve seen of her throughout the year, she’s seems a lot more confident in herself, and not struggling as much mentally on court, both things which have given her renewed energy for this push back up the rankings. Today she also has the bonus of being a huge underdog against Serena, no one is really expecting much and I think she’ll be looking at this as an opportunity to show the tennis world that she can still cut it at the highest level. Serena has had an easy run here, and she may be surprised by how improved Ana is at the moment. She still should win but I don’t think it will be as comfortable as the odds are suggesting. Ivanovic has been able to take 6 games or more of Serena on all the 3 previous occasions they’ve met, all on hard courts and twice at the US Open.

Re: US Open 2012 Janko Tipsarevic vs David Ferrer - Over 3.5 sets @ 1.50 with bet365 (10/10 Stake) Pretty obvious one here, and not the greatest odds in the world. Ferrer is unpredictable when it comes to this stage of Slams and Tipsarevic has been playing some great tennis in the second week in NY. I backed him on the handicap yesterday, but wasn't expecting a straight sets win over Kohli in the manner he managed. Tipsarevic has looked solid so far and I expect him to take at least a set here (he's also got a chance of making his first ever semi in a Slam), with the match probably going to 4 or maybe even becoming a 5-set thriller.

Re: US Open 2012 Victoria Azarenka vs Maria Sharapova over 21.5 games 10/11 skybet Azarenka to win 7-5 skybet 12/1 this should be three sets both players playing equally well and also they have done well in grand slams this year Serena Williams vs Sara Errani Serena to win first set 7-5 skybet 12/1 the first set might a close thing her opponent is playing great at the moment so she wont be no pushover

Re: US Open 2012 personally I cant have sharapova here. she is a fierce competitor and no doubt will go all out with first strike tennis to have a go which has more chance of backfiring than working.I think playing on ash will suit Azarenka,s game more and the match up has been comfy for her recently. Im gonna have an interest. volume down or earmuffs on !

Re: US Open 2012 Will update the P/L a bit later but I'll cover the first match quickly as the markets close soon. Victoria Azarenka (-3.5 games) to beat Maria Sharapova- 5/6 Stan James- (5/10) Maria Sharapova (-2.5 aces) to beat Victoria Azarenka- 4/6 BetVictor- (5/10) Victoria Azarenka 1st Service Break- 8/11 Stan James- (6/10) There's certainly no love lost between these two so expect heavy screaming and a lot of looks over the net but it's a match which I have to back Victoria Azarenka in. In recent times, she's dominated Sharapova really and she's won the last 4 matches on the hard courts in straight sets including over in Melbourne at the start of the year. Although the scoreline doesn't suggest this, she was actually pretty comfortable against Stosur and you felt she would always have enough in that one. Sharapova was less convincing and whilst you can understand dropping a set against the Aussie, dropping one against Bartoli in the manner that Sharapova did is pretty poor really and she was fortunate that the rain came to be honest. She's gone back to that thing of double faulting in most service games and her powerful game really suits Azarenka. Victoria's returns are far superior to anything that Sharapova has faced so far and that's a problem as she won't be able to hit through Azarenka today. She'll serve plenty of aces, but alongside that will come plenty of doubles which you really can't do against the number one so I think Azarenka will win with a bit to spare today. I've spoken about the Russian's serve and she'll outserve Azarenka on the ace front comfortably one would feel hence the handicap I'm taking, but plenty of doubles and her rhythm just hasn't impressed me over the past couple of weeks so I'd expect Azarenka to break through early on and dominate a bit today.

Re: US Open 2012 Saturday September 8th 18:00 CET US Open David Ferrer to Win Match over Novak Djokovic current odds 10.0 at Bet365 You know when you look at these guys Head to Head match ups over the years you will find that they are fairly close with Ferrer 5 wins and Djokovic 9 wins. Ferrer has won on other than hard surface twice but one can say that this probably is not that much of a factor. What is worth noting is a pattern that has emerged of Ferrer not going more than two consecutive match ups without winning (minus the last match up). Ferrer has now gone 3 match ups in a row with Djokovic and lost. Ferrer peaked in 07 with a ranking of 5, in 09 he had slipped to a not so shabby 17. Now Ferrer is back at his peak again at the 5 spot. The odds makers are not giving Ferrer much of a chance. Currently 10.0 odds depending on which book you choose. There could be significant opportunity here. Ferrer is after all ranked 5th in the world to Djokovic's 2. It was less than one year ago that Ferrer defeated Djokovic in London. Looking at the Head to Head history and the fact that Ferrer is back at his ranking peak, Ferrer could be due a win here.

Re: US Open 2012 Game didn't really go to plan but in saying that, I'm a bit unlucky not to have come out of it with a bit of profit considering one of Sharapova's shots was way out when it was 15-30 in the 8th game of the final and the correct call would have meant Azarenka broke. The lucks not really been there over the past few days or so and that's underlined by Wawrinka retiring in the third set when Djokovic was going to comfortably cover the unders. :eyes Anyway, heading into the final weekend, I'm sitting on +16.84 which could easily be a lot higher but hopefully the next couple of days will make up for it. Just waiting for Azarenka to break and narrowly miss out on the handicap now. Sums it right up. :lol

personally I cant have sharapova here. she is a fierce competitor and no doubt will go all out with first strike tennis to have a go which has more chance of backfiring than working.I think playing on ash will suit Azarenka,s game more and the match up has been comfy for her recently. Im gonna have an interest. volume down or earmuffs on !
genius i got 1.48 on a 50-50 chance hey ho

Re: US Open 2012 Taking a couple for the first semi including a second max bet of the tournament for me. Tomas Berdych (+4.5 games) to beat Andy Murray- 5/6 Stan James- (5/10) Over 21.5 Aces- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (10/10) Quite happy to back the Czech in some capacity in this one and I don't think he'll be without chances to win this one. Murray bounced back really well to be fair against Cilic but for the first hour or so, he was shocking and he simply can't afford to do that against an in form Berdych. His run reminds me of Wimbledon a couple of years back where he beat Federer and then did Djokovic in the semis as well comfortably but the fact is that when he is in good form, he's an extremely hard man to beat. He's had a much tougher draw than Murray and still he has come through in the more comfortably fashion of the two so he'll be full of confidence coming into this one. Whether the early time suits Murray I'm not sure as it's not something he used to so he could well start slowly again like he did against Cilic. There's the argument that the slower court of Ashe may suit him but it's worth nothing that Berdych has never lost to Murray on a clay court so I don't know how much that suits him at all really. Berdych will still be allowed to generate power in his shots and that win over Federer on this court will have done wonders for his confidence. Most places are offering just the (3.5) handicap so the extra game here is appealing and even if Berdych does fall short, I expect him to run Murray extremely close today. Also going in heavily on the overs for this ace market as the line is ridiculously low by the looks of things. In all honesty, the only way I don't see it being covered is if one of the two guys simply doesn't show up and is beaten in 3 but I expect a really close run thing and at least 4 sets coming in that time. When you consider Paddy Power have this line around the (26.5) mark, it shows how low this line is. Both can chip away at this line and it would only need both guys to hit 11 aces a piece to cover the line and tbh, I'd expect at least one of these guys to go closer to the 15 mark really. Murray's the better returner but Berdych can still rack up the aces whilst Murray should be able to do the same and there's no way I don't see this line being covered.

Re: US Open 2012 NOT US OPEN!! Robredo -2.5 games vs Montanez, Challenger Genova, clay @2.0 paddypower This is the final match. Montanez wasnt doing very good yesterday, didnt try very hard. He won because Volandri sucked more. Robredo dominated yesterday's match vs Bolleli, looks in good form. That and the 8-0 h2h records. Update: Montanez won 64 61. That really hurts.

Re: US Open 2012 Victoria Azarenka vs Serena Williams over 19.5 games evens skybet serena to win 2-1 11/4 skybet serena to win first set 7-5 11/1 skybet her opponent is playing great and also serena so it should be great match her head to head record against her opponent is impressive but she should give her match with her opponent already winning a grand slam this year

Tomas Berdych vs Andy Murray murray to win first set 7-5 12/1 skybet sometimes murray starts slowly so expect a tight first set and he is good at breaking serve at five all
That really was funny saturday :-) The wind was strong during Berdy match, nonetheless there were equally bad conditions in some other tournamennts in the past and matches were not suspended. In the second semi, I placed a LIVE bet on FERRER in the 1st game when he had breakpoints and it was obvious that Djoker is having big troubles on serve (unlike David). Now everyone knows what happened :-) After Djoker has been spanked badly during first set, the officials decided that they cannot let Djoker look so bad (they did not hesitate to let Berdy play couple of minutes before), and suggested suspension. David wanted to continue, but Djoker agreed that the conditions are not good and the big star Djoker had it. Sunday sunny weather was utterly different cup of coffee and Djoker easily won. I am not arguing that Ferrer should have won - he would have no chance in majority of cases, but if he had so incredible luck with the weather, it was not fair to him. Especially considering that suspending a match because of the wind is very uncommon.

Victoria Azarenka vs Serena Williams over 19.5 games evens skybet serena to win 2-1 11/4 skybet serena to win first set 7-5 11/1 skybet her opponent is playing great and also serena so it should be great match her head to head record against her opponent is impressive but she should give her match with her opponent already winning a grand slam this year
good job sir