** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 2012 Here are my thoughts on the final tennis major of 2012: 3/10pts A. Murray to win US Open - 9/2 with ToteSport I think Andy Murray comes here in fantastic shape and can claim his first major of an already very good career. I think that the victory in the Olympics will be a massive boost to his confidence and for him to do that after the disappointment of losing the Wimbledon final just weeks previously shows great mental strength. For me, this is his best surface so there is every reason to suggest he could perform even better than at those 2 tournaments. He has a decent draw with Bogomolov Jr. first up and with Tsonga and Raonic also in his quarter of the draw. He has better all round games than those 2 players and returns well enough to cope with both of their big serves. He will probably face Federer in the semi-finals if he gets there and, although the world number 1 is in great form, Murray has proven time and time again that he can beat him. He triumphed over him to win gold at the Olympics to banish some of the pain of that Wimbledon final loss. If he beats Federer he may come up against Djokovic but Murray has also beaten him a fair amount of times. I don't think Djokovic is playing as well as he could be, either. This will probably come down to those 3 names and I think Murray has a better chance than this price suggests.

Re: US Open 2012 Wow what a tricky opponent Delpo got... Hmm... definetly not the one that he prefered :D For sure you mark him as a favourite, but is it worth a 1.17? Nalby have no pressure under his belt and definetly will give a hard time for his compadre :D

Re: US Open 2012 Here's to a good one guys! :ok Back Name the Finalists - Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic for a 2/10 stake at 2.75 with Paddy Power I have probably never had a Name the Finalists bet yet, but this one looks like a decent one to me. Roger and Novak are a level above the entire playing field with the exception of Murray - and the Scot has not done anything since the Olympic Games, which actually raises plenty of questions. Novak has a ridiculously easy draw with only Del Potro capable of challenging him, while Federer should also be fine until the semis at least. Would have this around 2.30 (and that is the price you can get at many bookies), but Paddy Power go at 2.75 and that looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-2012-betting-novak-djokovic-and-roger-federer-look-set-to-reach-the-finals Back Li Na to win the US Open 2012 for a 1/10 stake at 16.38 with Pinnacle Li Na has been the second best player since the Olympics, right behind Kvitova, and I think that she can go far this year. She has also hired a new coach, which should help her as well and I cannot see her failing to make it to the quarterfinals stage. Not a 16.00 shot for me, especially since there are so many doubts about the biggest favs like Williams or Sharapova, who have not played much recently. There should be some interesting trading opportunities at least, making this a worthwhile investment for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-2012-betting-li-na-can-do-some-damage-in-this-year-s-us-open Back Who Will Go Furthest? - Angelique Kerber (vs. Agnieszka Radwanska) for a 2/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 Would actually have Kerber as the fav in this match-up. She has the tougher draw of the two, but she has been the much better player lately, especially with Radwanska struggling fitness-wise. Kerber was unbelievably good back in Cincinnati and I can see her winning the quarter if she manages to find that kind of form once again. Interestingly, Radwanska has never done anything special in the US Open, losing to Peng, Kirilenko and Kerber in the last three years (all in R2). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-2012-betting-angelique-kerber-to-go-further-than-agnieszka-radwanska Back Janko Tipsarevic to win the 3rd Quarter for a 1/10 stake at 6.00 with BetVictor Tipsarevic is apparently fine fitness-wise from what I know, so 6.00 looks value to me. Who else is in the quarter? Ferrer has been awful lately and I would not want to back him at such a short price. Isner might be a bit tired after the win in Winston-Salem, Gasquet is not a real challenger in my opinion, Haas is not going to win too many long matches anymore. There are obviously way too many variables, but Tipsarevic is my pick here at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-2012-betting-janko-tipsarevic-might-be-able-to-win-the-most-balanced-quarter

Re: US Open 2012 Time for my first involvment in the tennis for a while after the summer holiday break and hoping for another good slam. Traditionally the US is where I flop beyond belief but there's a first time for everything and hopefully this year will be a bit different. From what I remember, it's been a really good year in the tennis threads in the 3 slams so far this year so here's hoping for a clean sweep. :ok A few outrights for me, all regarding the same market which is one I usually get completely wrong but that's not putting me off. :lol Probably have some match bets later on but just these to kick off. John Isner to reach the last 16- 5/4 Sportingbet- (4/10) Richard Gasquet to reach the last 16- Evens Sportingbet- (4/10) Nicolas Almagro to reach the last 16- 13/8 Sportingbet- (3/10) Andy Roddick to reach the last 16- 5/4 Sportingbet- (3/10) Alexandr Dolgopolov to reach the last 16- 15/8 Sportingbet- (3/10) Right, I may as well cover all of these guys in one post given it's the same bet for each guy and I've tried to look for the value really. First off we have big John Isner and Ricky Gasquet who have warranted a slighter larger stake in my eyes. If we look at the American first, his confidence will be sky high right now after beating Berdych yesterday in the final over in Winston-Salem and he'll be fearing nobody in his home tournament with the crowd behind him. He started a little slowly last week, dropping his opening set to Klizan but after that he beat the likes of Melzer and Goffin comfortably and then held his nerve to edge Tsonga and Berdych out which will have done his confidence the world of good coming into the next couple of weeks. Of course there may be an argument that fatigue might creep into his game after the huge effort of this week, but if that does happen, it won't come until the second week and with him needing only 3 wins to reach the last 16, it shouldn't be a problem. His route to that last 16 looks something like Malisse-Nieminen-Kohlschreiber and all 3 guys Isner has beaten in their most recent match, 2 of which came this year. Malisse and Kohlschreiber look the main threats but Malisse doesn't look in the best place right now with him being bagelled last week against Darcis, whilst the German has always pushed Isner without success. With the confidence the big man will take from his title last week, I think he'll use that to his advantage and make the last 16 at the very least. Gasquet's draw looks even easier tbh and that's the only reason I'd consider backing him as he still is too inconsistent for my liking. Saying that, he shouldn't have too many problems in beating Montanes-Melzer-Haas. He bounced back well from the disappointment of the Olympics by reaching the final in Toronto and he'll know he can gain a few points this week after only reaching the second round last year. His opening few opponents are pretty favourable to the Frenchman and against each one, he'll be a heavy favourite so the odds against look decent to me for Gasquet. Next we have Andy Roddick and despite not being the player he once was, presumably this will be his last slam over in the US and he'll want to go out with a decent showing. The crowd will be rooting him on more than ever as they will know it's the last slam for Andy and he'll be so pumped to win a few matches. He won't have any problems with Rhyne Williams in the first round and then I'm not sure how well Tomic will cope with the crowd to be honest as too often when I see him, his concentration is still affected badly by the tiny things and despite winning a couple of matches over in Cincinnati, his form coming into that week was shocking in truth so he'll be there for the taking for Roddick providing he serves well. After that maybe Monaco, but maybe not in truth. I've been reading stuff that the Argentine has been struggling with a foot niggle so there's no guarantees over him and even if he was to face Roddick, on a hard court, despite Roddick's decline and bad form, I'd still have him a decent favourite and with this being his last hurrah, I'll back him to go out on at least a semi-high. The final 2 guys involved are one from Spain and one from Ukraine. (I won't make this entire paragraph rhyme, I don't have the time) Both look decent value shots to me considering the talent they possess and their potential draws. First we'll deal with the pony-tailed Dolgopolov who has finally shown glimpses that he's returning to form after a pretty lean start to the season. He won over in Washington a few weeks back though and then pushed Querrey hard last week so he's had a decent preparation for Flushing Meadows. I actually think his draw suits him a bit with the guys he'll be facing. Providing he actually turns up, he'll beat Jesse Levine whilst Baghdatis who he may face in the round after has been struggling with his back which puts me off his chances. The highest seeded player he may face could be Wawrinka but as we all know, the consistency of Wawrinka is a mystery certainly to me and there are no guarantees he'll even beat Stakhovsky in the first round to be honest. Even so, the man from Ukraine won their only previous meeting on clay so he can clearly beat Stan, and he won't be as high as this price suggests so you can always lay him off. I think he's got a decent shot of making the last 16 at least though and with him not doing much in the slams so far this season, this could be the one he really shows us what he can do. Last of all, we have a Spaniard in the form of Almagro and I don't know why his price is this high to be honest. He's not played over on the hard courts in the US yet but that shouldn't be a problem and his first match against Radek Stepanek should settle him down and let him adapt as he should come through that one with Stepanek more focussed on doubles these days. Mahut and Petzschner's form who are potential opponents for Almagro is poor and then he dominates the H2H over Florian Mayer 4-1 so I'd make him favourite against the German should both guys face eachother. The price is really appealing to me with the way Almagro has played at times this year and his temperament looks to have improved a bit in recent times and he's got a bigger shot of reaching the last 16 than these odds suggest.

Re: US Open 2012 At the moment, there is very little standing out for me on the opening day. I'm surprised I'm only hitting one so far but perhaps more bets for Monday will become apparent tomorrow. ALBERT RAMOS v ROBBY GINEPRI (US Open, R1) - Robby Ginepri +2.5 games @ 1.88 with panbet On form, this is a wretched bet, because Ginepri has done next to nothing in the last six months. However, Ginepri is an odd player. Hugely talented but really only wants to turn up for the majors. He's got a decent record in the Slams and I think he can add to that with a win over Ramos. The Spaniard, on paper, is having his best ever year, but all his good form is on clay. He is your stereotypical dirt rat, a brick rodent. Very effective on that surface but, for me, pretty limited elsewhere. He's played two matches in North America in the past month and lost them both comprehensively to Radek Stepanek and James Blake. The surface and conditions just don't suit his game; low bounce, speed and slickness just aren't his bag. Ginepri, however, can play on this surface. He's proven it in the past. Yes, his recent form is abhorrent, but he's one of these "free spirit" types. He'll have the backing of the crowd, he's up against a traditional clay courter and he has the ability to get through this. He's crafty on an American hard court, and perhaps will have too much nous and experience for his younger counterpart. The +2.5 game offer from panbet is appealing, especially when you look at the match line, which is decreasing rapidly (at the time of writing, it was 2.10). I'm very happy to place my cash on Ginepri. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 What the hell, been mulling this one over for ages. Going to give it a hit. DENIS ISTOMIN v JURGEN ZOPP (US Open, R1) - Denis Istomin -5.5 games @ 1.91 with panbet Frankly, neither man is in red-hot form right now, but I'll contently side with the big Uzbek in this one. I admire what Zopp has done in the past 12 months, I really do. He's battled through the Challenger circuit and earned his right to be on the premises in most Tour events now. His level has slipped a little, however, especially in North America, where he's lost to guys like Flavio Cipolla pretty comprehensively. Zopp's best form is on indoor hard courts, where the conditions are much quicker and more pure. He has tended to struggle elsewhere against good players. I'd class Istomin as a "good" player. His problem, like so many, is that he can slip mentally from time to time, but he has matured and I expect him to be much more focused in the bigger events. He's got the class to beat Zopp and cover the line. Strong server, massive forehand and isn't afraid to be aggressive. His recent form is patchy but he did record a win over Julien Benneteau in Cincinnati. I'm happy to excuse last week's loss to Steve Darcis, as that's the sort of match Istomin loses in a lower-grade event. I'm envisaging a much better performance here against an opponent who isn't at his best in this environment. :hope

Re: US Open 2012

Here are my thoughts on the final tennis major of 2012: 3/10pts A. Murray to win US Open - 9/2 with ToteSport I think Andy Murray comes here in fantastic shape and can claim his first major of an already very good career. I think that the victory in the Olympics will be a massive boost to his confidence and for him to do that after the disappointment of losing the Wimbledon final just weeks previously shows great mental strength. For me, this is his best surface so there is every reason to suggest he could perform even better than at those 2 tournaments. He has a decent draw with Bogomolov Jr. first up and with Tsonga and Raonic also in his quarter of the draw. He has better all round games than those 2 players and returns well enough to cope with both of their big serves. He will probably face Federer in the semi-finals if he gets there and, although the world number 1 is in great form, Murray has proven time and time again that he can beat him. He triumphed over him to win gold at the Olympics to banish some of the pain of that Wimbledon final loss. If he beats Federer he may come up against Djokovic but Murray has also beaten him a fair amount of times. I don't think Djokovic is playing as well as he could be, either. This will probably come down to those 3 names and I think Murray has a better chance than this price suggests.
no way men. i 'm asking me question how Federer did play in final OG. i've seen some shots of Federer that are in reach of Murray and not across the lines, like he used to do. another question mark that i have is :wasn't this a compensation for his lost at Wimbledon and the fact that he was playing for his homecrowd. with this odd ,i rather go for Bogomolov Jr.in first round @25/1 with unibet 2/10

Re: US Open 2012 Federer v Young Young is in awful form and dosnt deserve his place in the US Open with only 3 wins all year, Federer should smash a poor Young here. Federer has won 25 and lost 2 games on hard all year which shows what a good player he still is. Federer -11.5 – Pinnacle @ 3.09 Authom v Phau Phau is a very good experienced player and I would expect him to beat Authom today who has never played in a US Open, therefore Phau should be too good for him. Phau has also showed us some good form this season, along with winning a set against Federer at the Olympics and also took a set off Mardy Fish in his previous game; I would expect him to be too much for Authom today. Phau -3 – Pinnacle @ 2 Verdasco v Machado Verdasco has performed well in his career at the US Open, never losing in the first round and you would expect this to be the case again today. His opponent has played 4 and lost all 4 matches on hard court this season and hasn’t passed the first round of the US Open in his last 3 attempts. Verdasco should win this in straight sets easy! Under 30 Games – Pinnacle @ 1.917 Simon v Russell Simon hasn’t lost in the first round of the US Open for the last 6 years and will expect to win this match today. Simon played very well here last year reaching the round of 16 before losing to Isner. Russell on the other hand has never got past the 1st round in 11 attempts and I expect this to be the case again today. Simon 3-0 – BetVictor @ 2.05 Istomin v Zopp Istomin has played in the US Open for 3 consecutive years now and has yet to lost in the first round he has also played pretty well this year on hard court winning 13 matches and losing 8 and he is still an improving player. He has only met his opponent once before which was also on hard court where he won in straight sets last year. Zopp has had a pretty average year but hasn’t managed to beat any tough players as of yet and I expect that to be the case again today with Istomin proving to be too tough of an opponent. Tie Break in this match – NO – Coral @ 1.91

no way men. i 'm asking me question how Federer did play in final OG. i've seen some shots of Federer that are in reach of Murray and not across the lines, like he used to do. another question mark that i have is :wasn't this a compensation for his lost at Wimbledon and the fact that he was playing for his homecrowd. with this odd ,i rather go for Bogomolov Jr.in first round @25/1 with unibet 2/10
:lol:lol Bogomolov won't beat Murray. Literally don't bother with that bet. Think Murray has a decent shot if he can stay focussed after his little break given the way he dismantled Federer. But don't bother with the Junior. I'd want around 500/1 and even then I probably still wouldn't bother.

:lol:lol Bogomolov won't beat Murray. Literally don't bother with that bet. Think Murray has a decent shot if he can stay focussed after his little break given the way he dismantled Federer. But don't bother with the Junior. I'd want around 500/1 and even then I probably still wouldn't bother.
my mistake, i had it on Dolgopolov:$

Re: US Open 2012 One more prop for me and three match bets to start with. Back Will M. Raonic Advance To The Round of 16? - No for a 2/10 stake at 2.83 with Pinnacle Well, I am still not convinced about Raonic in Grand Slams. He tends to have a bad match here and there and the longer format gives his opponents more time to pick his game apart. He has a fairly easy draw and you would expect him to beat all three guys fairly easily, but he has not managed to get past R3 in a Grand Slam this year yet and this looks a good price for that trend to continue. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-2012-betting-milos-raonic-could-fall-sooner-than-expected-in-this-year-s-us-open Back Alejandro Falla to beat Martin Klizan for a 4/10 stake at 2.12 with Pinnacle Falla tends to raise his game big time for Grand Slams and he has much more to his name than that heroic effort against Roger Federer. Last year, for example, he managed to beat Viktor Troicki in the first round of the US Open and I would not be surprised by yet another nice win here. Klizan has not done anything special yet away from clay and he is not the fav for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/falla-vs-klizan-betting-alejandro-falla-to-bounce-back-with-a-win-over-klizan Back Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova to beat Kirsten Flipkens for a 3/10 stake at 2.92 with Pinnacle Two contrasting forms, but BZS is fully capable of beating Flipkens. After all, she was in a horrible form back in May and June and then managed to get to the finals in Palermo, beating Goerges and Robson on the way. Flipkens is winning matches, but against poor players, with only the win against Cabeza-Candela standing out in all honesty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zahlavova-strycova-vs-flipkens-betting-barbora-zahlavova-strycova-looks-value-against-the-belgian Back Denis Kudla to beat Marcel Granollers for a 1/10 stake at 5.40 with Pinnacle Well, I would never back Kudla at 3.50 (opening price), but 5.40 seems worth a shot. Granollers looked injured against Tsonga, not even trying to do anything in all honesty and requiring medical attention. Not sure if that is going to play a role, but Kudla can do some damage with his ball-bashing style and with the backing of the crowd. One unit only though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kudla-vs-granollers-betting-denis-kudla-might-be-one-of-the-surprising-winners-in-round-one

Re: US Open 2012 Just a reminder for anybody with a funded Betfair account ;) The threads for the U.S.Open started by Studyform can be found on the tennis and chit chat forums, and probably more. The prize money is being donated by Betfair Deadline 4-00 p.m. And on the betting front, there is a rumour that Pavlyunchekova has a shoulder injury

Re: US Open 2012 Does look an unusual sort of opening day for a slam as there's not much that appeals to me either. Having said that, I am taking a few including a couple on the women's side which have been rotten for me so far this year. Will start with the men first though... Mardy Fish vs Go Soeda- Under 30.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) The American shouldn't have too many problems in this one in front of his home crowd. Over on the US swing is where he plays his best stuff and picks up a shed load of points and already he has made a couple of quarter finals and a semi to go with that so I imagine all of his injury and fitness problems are behind him now given he's put a few runs together. His Japanese opponent hasn't played a great deal in recent weeks and he hasn't really got the weapons to trouble Fish a great deal. Fish is far better on serve, whilst from the baseline he'll dominate as well with the extra power he possesses. Soeda fares well against the lesser players if you like but rarely troubles the big boys and with a simple break per set required, Fish should be good enough to cover the unders here. Denis Istomin (-5.5 games) to beat Jurgen Zopp- 4/5 Bodog- (3/10) Yeah reluctantly I'll side with Atko here. ;):lol Neither guy's form is anything to shout about but Istomin is the better player with far more to his game than the Estonian. Big serve, strong forehand and he'll look to dominate the majority of points which Zopp won't be entirely comfortable with as he won't have dealt with someone like Istomin too often. He fights for everything he gets really Zopp as he makes his way through qualification for most events which isn't easy so you have to give credit to him for that. Pretty heavy defeats to Cipolla and Anderson in recent weeks isn't ideal preparation though whilst Jack Sock beat him last week in a match which you'd expect Zopp to fare a little better in really. Istomin hasn't been playing particularly well lately either but he did beat Benneteau in Cincinnati and he'll know he's got a good chance of putting a little run together this week. He beat Zopp in straight sets in their only meeting thus far last year and even if he drops a set today, the handicap can still be covered. Marinko Matosevic (+7.5 games) to beat Marin Cilic- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Think this line looks a bit high to me given the nature of both players involved. Cilic should prevail but very rarely does he blow his opponent off court and I'd expect he Aussie to be pretty competitive here. Cilic has been in really good form to be fair to him, but over in Cincinnati, Stakhovsky, Levine and Andujar were all competitive against the Croatian and traditionally in the slams, Cilic takes a little time to settle down which should allow Matosevic chances. The Aussie is good on serve which should give him some cheap points and his game has come on leaps and bounds in the past 12-18 months. He's no longer fazed by the big occasions and is mentally very strong which should see him fully up for this one. Cilic is also still a little suspect on serve for me in the early rounds of tournaments and if Matosevic can force a tie break here which is entirely possible, he'll have every chance of keeping Cilic close here. A couple for the women as well then... Aleksandra Wozniak (-6.5 games) to beat Alexandra Cadantu- 7/8 Bodog- (4/10) On the face of it, this handicap may seem a pretty hefty one for the Canadian to cover but under closer inspection, she should win this match with plenty to spare. She's been in decent form of late, beating the likes of Jankovic, Hantuchova and McHale all in straight sets and already this year, she's pushed Radwanska and Venus Williams to 3 sets so she's had a pretty good year really. Her Romanian counterpart doesn't play a great deal of tennis away from the clay really and that's understandable really if you look at her 3 grass court matches this season where she failed to win more than 3 games in any set. She did make a hard court final in Monterrey earlier this year but it must be said that the quality of players over in Mexico that week was extremely tame at best. Other than that week, she's not won a match away from the clay all year so you just feel she's not here for much else than the prize money. Wozniak is the far more competent player on the quicker surfaces and she even managed to bagel Cadantu in 2 of the 3 sets in their only meeting this year and that was on clay so on a quicker harder surface, I don't envisage the Canadian to have many problems in winning this one. Daniela Hantuchova to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova- 2/1 Bet365- (3/10) Not sure I'd have Hantuchova's price quite this high considering what I've been reading and hearing about the Russian. Apparently she has been struggling with a spine injury which although I'm no doctor, I can't imagine she's practiced a great deal, nor can I imagine she's 100% coming into this one. Her form has improved after a shocking start to the season but she is still throwing in a couple of naff performances here and there. The likes of Lepchenko and Rybarikova have beat her comfortably in recent weeks and despite beating Wozniacki over in Cincinnati, this injury that has come into force may well have stopped any momentum she would have liked to bring into Flushing Meadows. Hantuchova has struggled with a few niggles as well this year and her form is hardly anything to set the pulses raising but if Pav is struggling, Hantuchova is still good enough to take advantage of that. She's got some points to gain this week as well given her first round defeat 12 months ago and with the price available, I think she's worth a punt.

Just a reminder for anybody with a funded Betfair account ;) The threads for the U.S.Open started by Studyform can be found on the tennis and chit chat forums, and probably more. The prize money is being donated by Betfair Deadline 4-00 p.m. And on the betting front, there is a rumour that Pavlyunchekova has a shoulder injury
Thx,but will she begin the match? In Belgian there 's a black list for bookmakers now, and betfair is one of them:@:@

Re: US Open 2012 Cibulkova to advance round 16 @4.19 Bookmaker : Pinnaclesports Cibulkova has a very lucky draw.On her way to round of 16 , the most serious opponent is radwanska , but she is injured.So , i think she can not be threat for Cibulkova. I don't see any player to challange Cibulkova on her way to round 16.

Re: US Open 2012 Roger Federer vs Donald Young over 25.5 games 8/11 skybet it should be easy but the first set is always tricky in grand slams and with his opponents crowd behind him the first set may be tight Polona Hercog vs Petra Kvitova over 17.5 games 4/5 skybet she is one of the favourites for the title but she is facing a difficult opponent who can make it tough for her

Re: US Open 2012 Pretty tricky opening day really and Fish throwing away breaks in both of the first 2 sets didn't help. I'll sort the P/L out when I'm back from work later but from a quick glance, again not alot stands out. I have taken one early bet and I'll probably take some more later on. Bojana Jovanovski to beat Mona Barthel- 3/1 Bet365- (2/10) Bojana Jovanovski (+4.5 games) to beat Mona Barthel- Evens Bodog- (4/10) Not quite sure where these odds have come from really. Jovanovski put a little run together last week over in Dallas which should give her confidence ahead of this week and she's certainly got the game to trouble Barthel. The young Serb possesses a lot of power on her groundstrokes and when she's playing well, she can give most girls on the tour a game so hopefully last week's efforts will help her go well today. There's been a bit of controversy surrounding Mona Barthel this week with some interesting results to say the least. I'm not going to go into that but her form is extremely patchy of late and she was forced to withdraw from the tournament in New Haven last week due to illness so she may not be 100% coming into this one anyway so for those reasons I wouldn't be having her at such a short price. They've met twice in the past and Jovanovski has pushed Barthel in both matches and took the opening set in Dubai earlier this year before narrowly losing out which shows she has the game to push Barthel and with the inconsistency that surrounds the German, I'll back Jovanovski to go well today.

Re: US Open 2012 Haven't posted much in here but I don't mind Ivo Karlovic to defeat Jimmy Wang at the odds of $1.70 or $1.80 for a -1.5 games line. The hard court seems to be Wangs strength...but Karlovic has the experience in these bigger tournaments pushing some of the top players in the past. I'm guessing Karlovic has been injured because it doesn't looks like he's played much tennis of late but I think his massive serve should keep him in the game long enough to wear down his Chinese opponent.

Re: US Open 2012 Let's hope for a better day today in this thread, I am down eight points personally. Saving the bigger bets for later (there is still plenty of time), but I am going to back three selections with normal stakes today nonetheless. Back Yen-hsun Lu (+2.5 sets) to beat Sam Querrey for a 4/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Three underdogs for me today, with Yen-hsun Lu being the first one. Lu is an extremely fierce competitor that never gives up and I can see him giving Querrey a good match today. The American is still a bit one-sided and Lu has the baseline weapons to outplay him and a solid serve to go with as well. Trusting Querrey to win any match 3-0 is always questionable and this price looks quite decent to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lu-vs-querrey-betting-sam-querrey-might-easily-drop-a-set-or-two-against-lu Back Santiago Giraldo (+7.5) to beat Milos Raonic for a 4/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Well, Milos Raonic is not going to be covering these huge handicaps very often, so let's hope that he is not going to cover it today either. Giraldo is good enough to run this one close, given that he lost by 6 games in Wimbledon just a few months ago. He has not done much since then, but you do not need much rhythm when playing against Raonic, it is all about short points after all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/giraldo-vs-raonic-betting-santiago-giraldo-to-get-something-from-the-opening-round Back Bojana Jovanovski (+5) to beat Mona Barthel for a 4/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Fully agree with fishy here, so let's hope that Bojana will be able to get the job done for us. The H2H shows that this should be a tight match, so the 5 games head start is definitely appealing for me - the only thing that can ruin it really is Barthel turning up being 100% and firing on all cylinders, which is not going to happen very often one would say. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jovanovski-vs-barthel-betting-bojana-jovanovski-to-cover-the-handicap-line

Re: US Open 2012 Steve Darcis vs Malek Jaziri US Open over 35.5 games @1.83 Bet365(5/10) Can't see anything but a very close game between these two.H2H reads a 1-0 lead to Jaziri 7-5 6-4 Geneva challenger(indoor) in 2011.Darcis(seeded 74) is coming into this tournament on the back of a decent run at Winston Salem beating malisse, Istomin & Roddick.Jaziri(seeded 89) is no mug on the hard courts & seems to raise his game for the big matches.Take the overs.5pts win Steve Darcis vs Malek Jaziri US Open Jaziri to win @4.51 Pinnacle Sports(2/10) As above,I cannot avoid having a small flutter on Jaziri at these odds. Jaziri is well overpriced & maybe its on the back of Darcis mini good run of form & beating some top names at Winston Salem.Keep it smallish.2pts win Good luck all :hope

Re: US Open 2012 @fishy, Czechpunter - don't know have you watched Jovanovski lately, but ain't been that great even she won a tournament and some matches, especially that defeat against Vinci, watched that and she was plain horrible, when she's off her game, Vinci bothering her with consistency, she hasn't got a B plan and Bojana is usually UE machine. She hasn't in that period faced a bigger quality opponent than her. Couldn't back at these odds even for (+5 games). Handicaps on Vesnina and Scheepers seem a better option to me, they could keep it fairly competitive. Also Goffin handicap, Berdych hasn't performed well lately.

Re: US Open 2012 Li Na to win US Open @15.238 (corrected odds) local bookie (1/10) Li Na is somewhat underrated here. Considering she has shown some form in the preparatory tournaments - won Cinci and played tough final with Kvitova in Montreal. When I look at players with shorter odds - S.Williams, Azarenka, Sharapova and Kvitova, she managed to beat them all and has pretty balanced h2h with all of them except perhaps Serena. Pinny has her at 13.60, so over 15 is value to me. Also going for Nina Bratchikova to bt A.Radwanska @10.85 Pinnacle (1/10) A.Rad retired after being bagelised in 1st set last week in New Haven by Govortsova. She is having problems with her shoulder couple of months by now, and I 've got the impression that the limits have been reached. Small stakes.

Roger Federer vs Donald Young over 25.5 games 8/11 skybet it should be easy but the first set is always tricky in grand slams and with his opponents crowd behind him the first set may be tight Polona Hercog vs Petra Kvitova over 17.5 games 4/5 skybet she is one of the favourites for the title but she is facing a difficult opponent who can make it tough for her
Wasnt on myself...but some quality picks there:clap

Re: US Open 2012 Not a good start from me. Hopefully a better day awaits: - Santiago Giraldo +7.5 games (v Milos Raonic) @ 1.94 with panbet: I'm not one for backing Raonic on huge lines. Still a bit wary of how good he is in Slams. Evidently a huge serve but not a lot else that I'd consider as weapons to smash players like Giraldo. The Colombian's decent on hard and is often competitive against higher ranked players. Lost 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 to him at Wimbledon last year and wouldn't be surprised if he puts in a similar effort again. Couple of notches too high for me. - Thomaz Bellucci -5 games AH (v Pablo Andujar) @ 1.94 with panbet: A few things go against Andujar here. He's down 3-0 in the H2H, is in dire form and isn't a very strong hard court player. All those combined make the Bellucci line very appealling. The Brazilian can play on a hard court, it's all about temperament for him. Reckon his camp will see this as a winnable match and I expect him to focused and get the job done against a man he's had the Indian Sign over in the past. - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga -8 games AH (v Karol Beck) @ 1.85 with panbet: Massive gulf in quality here. Tsonga's miles better than Beck and should be able to take care of this line. He had good prep in Winston-Salem last week so should be ready for this sort of match. Beck's a journeyman. Tends to hang around the 250s and the Challenger circuit. Might put up a fight in the first set but talent will prevail and I expect him to falter the further he falls behind. - Andy Roddick -6.5 games (v Rhyne Williams) @ 1.90 with panbet: With all due respect to Williams, this line seems out too. Roddick is not the force of old but he'll be desperate to do well in this event and still has the game to overpower guys like Williams. He's just a kid. Talent, yes, but unconvinced that he has enough to do damage to Roddick in this match. I'd have had this line around the -8 mark. - Marcos Baghdatis - 6.5 games (v Matthais Bachinger) @ 2.00 with panbet: Another match-up alert here. Baggy has beaten Matti three times out of three and has always posted a 6-2 kind of set. By far his most comfortable on a hard court and should be able to get the better of the one-dimensional German, who has a lot of power but very little finesse or consistency. My money is on the Cypriot to win cosily. - Dennis Novikov +9 games AH (v Jerzy Janowicz) @ 2.26 with panbet: Hard to really rationalise this bet. Novikov is very young but highly regarded by the USTA and will get plenty of backing in this match. He's vastly inexperienced, even in comparison to the Pole, but Janowicz isn't a top player. He doesn't come across as a man who'll freely dismantle Novikov in this arena. Line, and price, seem very high. Worth a chance. :hope

Re: US Open 2012 Akgul Amanmuradova to beat Tatjana Malek @ 11/10 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Could be a close one this but I fancy the big Uzbek to come through here due to the fact she's a more reliable player than Malek and has greater consistency. She gets this mainly from her big serve (she's 6ft 3) and so even if she's not playing that well her serve keeps her in matches and that usually brings her over the line against players like Malek, especially in Grand Slams. She likes it at the US Open and has been pretty consistent in beating players of Malek's level like Parmentier, Scheepers, Paszek. It's when she plays the top gals that she comes unstuck. :hope