** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown)

Bart(UK)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) Yep sorry, so many names, so easy to miss people. Well played everyone, cracking effort and looks like most of our teams already have interest in day 2. Ul McG :sad was hoping you'd make it through and spin up on Saturday. Good luck everyone tomorrow :hope

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) Am playing today as well better luck today done nothing wrong yesterday was ahead all the time and was always sucked out on and by the way their is another Steve hall in this yesterday me and Keith were never on the same table well done to all for making it yesterday

Also' date=' im playing today, what is qualification criteria for the Saturday[/quote'] Have chips left :-) aiming for 150k for a healthy stack on Day 2. This should be fun structure going to try not get too creative at the beginning. Sent from my GT-I9100P using PL Forum

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) Good luck everyone today. This is my story from day 1b. I start the day and first hand on the BB. EP raises and MP calls. I look at my cards and I have AKo. I think fook what do I do now so I shoved all in. Only joking I made a raise and they both fold. I am now chip leader after 1 hand. A few hands later in the cut off I have 5 6 and after loads of callers I decide to have a look. I flop the 5 and river the 6 for another small pot. I am then up and down playing quite loose as the blinds are so low and end up at the first break on 17k from a starting stack of 25k

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) After the break I get AJo on the Button. I raise after everyone folds and the BB calls. The flop come ace rag rag. He checks I bet he calls. The turn was rag. He checks I bet and the river pairs the board. He checks. I think about it and check. He shows AT so I take the pot. That takes me to around 23k. A few hands later I get moved. This next table I can only descripe as a bunch of idiots who are raising and reraising with crap time and time again. All have qualified cheaply and its aweful. I think to myself just 1 bug hand here and im doubling up. Anyway after an hour or so nothing and I get 6 8 spades on the BB. There are around 5 callers and I check it. Flop comes 7 spades 9 spades rag. I check it and EP whi has been playing every hand bets 2100. Everyone folds and I call. Turn does not help me so I think about it for ages and check. It works because he checks. The river is awesome. There it is the 5 of spades. Now I am aware that someone earlier was warned for checking the nuts so I put a bet of 2.5K into the middle. EP raises to 9k. OOOh **** I quickly check and confirm I have it and push all in. He quickly calls and shows K2 spades. Thanks very much. I am now on 60k.

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) I get nothing then and go to dinner on 60k having nicked a few pots. Next 2 hours pretty uneventful and at the final break still have around 60k. Ok into the last 2 hours. I know I need 100k to go into day 2. 1st hand after the break I have AKo in the button. Everyone folds and I raise it up. BB raises all in for around 50k. So here it is double up or rebuy tomorrow. I think about it and then call. He has 9To. Flop gives him the 9. I'm thinking here was go again. Turn gives me the Ace and rag on the river and I'm happy. He looks at me and calls me a tw@t for slow playing the, and walks off. That gives me around 110 - 120k. I am now thinking just get through to the end of the day and come back Saturday. I then get nothing for the remainder of the day. I cant steal because it is carnage. Loads of action as everyone knows they need to double up. I moved table 3 times and I just cant get a sniff. 3 hands to go I am dealt QKs. I think to myself i'm shoving here to get back up to 100k. EP raises to 18k. I know EP from playing days in Brum and he has 130-140k. I put him on QQ KK AA or AK. I also see someone else getting ready to shove so I fold. Buttong raises all in and original riaser calls. He had JJ buttong AJ. Flop was QK rag turn rag river rag. Why did I not play. Now I know I have played it right so not to unhappy but finish the day on 85k. Blinjds will be 2.5/5k so I have an hour or so to double up.

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) Going in the right direction though Nemo, keep it going, good structure so plenty of play availalble. Great write up Staffy, I never understand why people always incorrectly say it's slow play in that situation, it's not like AK is the nuts and you still have a big decision for all your chips. You still have to decide if it's possible he has AA, KK, do I want to flip against a mid pair etc. Great play though, nice one mate, gl on Sat. I fell out online with an APAT big wig once over similar, I'd just moved tables and therefore had no read, my QQ 3bet got shoved for like 50bigs so I quite rightly took 15-20 secs weighing up whether he would do that with a midpair, any ace, only monsters etc. How can that ever be slow rolling unless you sit there with the absolute nuts. Crazy inbeciles :wall Good luck all today, following on & off throughout the day ;)

Re: Goliath - The Team Challenge (Summary of PL Teams defending our crown) Updates via twitter, facebook etc: Level 7: 200/400+50 SonicMan (Team C) has 50k Geordiegaz (Team Robbie) has just over 30k Morlspin (Team Robbie) 30k Hillythefish (Team Robbie) Out

Down to 7500 after getting in a 60k pot on flop of 8 , 9 , 10 with 2 diamonds I check raise his bet of 4k to 28k he calls Q10 no diamonds I have QJ he turns jack to chop. Immediately next someone goes all in 14k I raise all in to isolate I have AK he spikes a 8 holding ace 8. Then caught bluffing with on flushing board :-( Sent from my GT-I9100P using PL Forum