Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Over 3.5 @ 3.32 sportsbet Late last season these two sides played a memorable 4-4 draw at Old Trafford which dented man Utd's title hopes, so they will be looking to make up for it here, and with the addition of van Persie and Kagawa, they have two very good creative players who can score goals. With Rooney probably sitting behind them, they have the ability to unlock defences and score goals, and believe that they can score on this Everton defence that will have problems containing these new additions to the Man Utd squad. As for Everton, expect their goal poacher Jelavic to have more success against Man Utd after his double against them in the 4-4 draw as Man Utd have a still questionable Vidic back from injury but are without Ferdinand, Smalling, Jones and Evans to partner him. Though Carrick may play there, there is a distinct lack of pace in the centre of their backline which Everton can expose. Also with Carrick out of the midfield, then Scholes and probably the erratic Anderson will be there, and though they will be effective going forward, they have their issues in defence. Like Everton to do some damage on the counter as they did at OT. The Toffees won their last 4 home games of last season, scoring two goals in each of them (13 in total) against the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham and West Brom, and given the weakness in Man Utd's defence, then they can breach them again here. Like the look of goals in this game 2-4 (-1.00)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 5pts Both teams to score 5/6 Coral United’s defensive crisis makes the both teams to score bet look a good one. The last time these two sides met was towards the end of last season at Old Trafford and the game ended 4-4. I don’t expect this to end 4-4 or anything like but with Everton carrying a much better goal threat than perhaps in seasons gone by and with United having the dynamic attacking options they have both to score looks very likely and at 5/6 is very much attractive enough. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-manchester-united-betting-united-s-defensive-crisis-gives-both-teams-good-chance-of-scoring

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Everton vs Man Utd I have been looking at this fixture for some time, and there have been somewhat more factors to take into account than usual. Man United odds have started at around 1.91 at best when I first had a look. I expected perhaps 1.85-1.90, so this was slightly higher than I expected. Then came the news of the arrival of van Persie, and the odds started to shorten slightly though not by much. Perhaps the initial odds already had the van man in account. Manchester united will of course be chasing the title this season, and games like this are the ones you need to get all 3 points to make the difference. In this fixture last season, I backed United at 1.83 in a game they won 0 - 1 somewhat comfortably against a tired Everton side who had to recently commit in the cup. With the addition of Kagawa and Van Persie, I feel new optimism and energy into this Man Utd side that felt rather 'tired' after losing the title on goal difference last season. We all know about Van Persie and his talents, and with Kagawa I feel he will make a immediate impact like Hazard did with Chelsea yesterday. For Everton, it's probably going to be another typical season for them. finishing top half, and perhaps try to get a good run in a cup competition. Challenging for Europe is going to be very hard, especially with the teams around them having spent and bought players over the summer. Indeed they themselves have made some nice signings from the North, but no doubt they have also lost potentially key players, Rodwell and Cahill. Even more recently today, United's odds seemed to have taken another hit and have drifted out further to 2.00 after confirmation of the missing center backs. The likes of Carrick will have to deputise, though I dont think this will be a massive cause for concern, especially not Vidic is back. Looking at Manchester United's potential lineup, it does fill you with confidence backing them, and feel vulnerable laying them, with Rooney Van Persie, Nani, Kagawa and Valencia all available. You can see where this is all leading. Other perhaps more minor reasons is the result with City yesterday. Ferguson always responds to finishing second and nothing but 3 points will be the target for United today. I also don't think there is going to be too much optimism around Goodison early this season for the reasons mentioned above. Everton are still a good solid side, and this can easily explode should the right ingredients be added to the game, feeling a 1 - 3 finish or similar... or the amazing 4 - 4 draw at Old Trafford last season. But also United's efficiency could kick in in a slow meeting that could finish 0 - 1, again like last season. But Ultimately, I think United will get what they want more than 50% of the time, and thus: 20/8/12 EPL Everton vs Man Utd Man Utd EVS WilliamHill, BetVictor 5/10 OPEN

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 4/10pts Manchester United to beat Everton - Evens with William Hill I think the value lies with a United win here. Everton, as has been said, are slow starters and there is nothing to suggest that will change. The same staff are there and there hasn't been a big number of incoming and/or outgoing players so the mentality that Everton go in to the new season with will probably still be the same as in previous years. Jelavic and Pienaar are the obvious threats and although United's defence is weaker than it could have been, I think the team as a whole are capable enough of nullifying those two. The result between these at Old Trafford at the end of last season will be a good reminder to the players as well as Ferguson about how dangerous Everton can be. United having Rooney and Van Persie as well as a good looking midfield is more than enough for me to think that they will break down the opposition defence. The likes of Cleverley, Scholes and Kagawa along with RVP and Rooney themselves will create enough chances. With a City win yesterday they know, even this early, that they can't afford to slip-up. Goodison Park is a tough place to go but I think a price of Evens offers value and is far too tempting to turn down.

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 After some thought, i have decided not to back United tonight. I know i said Everton are notorious slow starters, but this is the first time in a long time they have had an evening kick-off as their opener, and live on sky sports, the Everton crowd will be at their best tonight. Rafael-Carrick side by side in defence really has me worried, Pienaar, Osman, Gibson, Fellaini with Jelavic and Naismith is a very threatening line-up... I can see why United have drifted a tad, and i will stay away from this one and just hope we get the away win.

Gibson and Fellaini both doubts. Carrick (as highly as I rate him) does not fill me with confidence at the back. If Vidic is not 100% or picks up a knock, it could be grim. I share all your concerns, but I feel that United will come out, with all guns (and ex gunners :) ) blazing. Throw in Everton and their notorious slow starts, I think the stage is set to get the season off to a flier. Up until the Ferdinand news, I had planned on taking United -1, not so confident on that now, so the evens for the straight win it is.

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 de Gea Valencia Carrick Vidic Evra Cleverley Scholes Kagawa Nani Welbeck Rooney SUBS: Lindegaard, Rafael, Wootton, Anderson, Young, Berbatov, van Persie. very offensive line-up, Valencia and Nani will perform very well on the right sidem very offensive line-up at all

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012

de Gea Valencia Carrick Vidic Evra Cleverley Scholes Kagawa Nani Welbeck Rooney SUBS: Lindegaard, Rafael, Wootton, Anderson, Young, Berbatov, van Persie. very offensive line-up, Valencia and Nani will perform very well on the right sidem very offensive line-up at all
very attacking line up for man utd fellaini and jelavic should trouble man u centre backs esp carrick buy 1st half goals @ 1.25 sporting index

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Everton won deserved 1-0. Although United didn't play well they had a fe chances to score with Cleverley's shot being denied on the line and Welbeck's shot missing the target very close. Everton could have scored through Osman in the 48th minute as his shot hit the bar

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Thought Everton were brilliant tonight and, Kagawa apart, United were quite average. Distin and Jagielka were awesome at the back whilst Fellaini was unplayable. How Welbeck gets so many starts and a (supposedly) bummper new contract is beyond me - woeful.

I dont care for Utd's missings against everton . I think citys' win today will give them enough motivation to score at least once the first half. I m not so sure for the final result as i think defensivelly they will need some luck specially in the 2nd half with the support Fellainis' team will have from their fans. So the value is on "1rst half Man Utd ah -0,25" @ 1,98 in pinnacle
hehe i read it quite well i might say, but i lost half the stake. everton will be stronger with miralas and united against fulham on saturday is a banker.i hope.

Everton vs Man Utd 20/8/12 EPL Everton vs Man Utd Man Utd EVS WilliamHill, BetVictor 5/10 OPEN
A well deserved win for Everton and plenty of value on them. De Gea had to be at his best and was tested throughout the first half. Man United responded well to going behind especially as Everton was getting tired. Though everything Man Utd put into the box Distin seemed to clear it away, who had a great game. 20/8/12 EPL Everton vs Man Utd Man Utd EVS >WilliamHill, >BetVictor 5/10 FT 1 - 0 -5 units

Thought Everton were brilliant tonight and' date=' Kagawa apart, United were quite average. Distin and Jagielka were awesome at the back whilst Fellaini was unplayable. How Welbeck gets so many starts and a (supposedly) bummper new contract is beyond me - woeful.[/quote'] Welbeck is only 21, he has great potential, as he proved last season. Young players have to be given time. Rooney was worse than him.

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 I honestly don't see this potential that others seem to. Well, yes he has potential to be a good player but for me he hasn't progressed a great deal and doesn't look like becoming the type of player that will be useful to a team challenging for the title year after year. Give him back to Sunderland or a club around mid-table and he would be more at home in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he has slipped down the football ladder in a few years time. I just see him as too clumsy, got poor control, far too lightweight and is not willing to be direct more often. From my experience he seems to be one of those players that, outside of the Manchester United staff and fans, divides peoples opinions.

I honestly don't see this potential that others seem to. Well, yes he has potential to be a good player but for me he hasn't progressed a great deal and doesn't look like becoming the type of player that will be useful to a team challenging for the title year after year. Give him back to Sunderland or a club around mid-table and he would be more at home in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he has slipped down the football ladder in a few years time. I just see him as too clumsy, got poor control, far too lightweight and is not willing to be direct more often. From my experience he seems to be one of those players that, outside of the Manchester United staff and fans, divides peoples opinions.
Well, i would have to disagree. He was excellent last season for Utd, he has scored 2 goals for England and has earned a good few caps, a footballer peaks at around 27 and he is only 21, i heard all this before last season when people were saying De Gea was a joke of a signing, but tonight he showed his class. Welbeck would not be on that United squad if he didn't have big potential, especially as a striker. But everyone has their own opinions. Not fair to judge him on tonight's performance imo, as the whole team bar Scholes and De Gea were utter tripe.

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Yeah, will definitely have to agree to disagree. I don't want to even get started on my views of him lining up for England..... I see you haven't mentioned Kagawa. Not impressed? I thought he was was the biggest positive for United.

Yeah, will definitely have to agree to disagree. I don't want to even get started on my views of him lining up for England..... I see you haven't mentioned Kagawa. Not impressed? I thought he was was the biggest positive for United.
Yip, he was good in patches i thought. I thought Scholes ran the show for United though, his passing tonight was supreme as always. But Kagawa certainly has ability, but i don't like to judge a player after 1 game, let's see how he gets on until after he has played 5 or 6 games. Thank god Carrick played centre back tonight, because if United had a full strength defence, i was lumping on them! Phew!

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Aye, I missed out mentioning Scholes but agree that he put in a good shift. It will be interesting to see how Kagawa fits in the side in the long run and also how Everton perform over the next few games if they feel they have now put to bed this 'slow starter' tag for the season. They're currently a best price of 7/4 for a win at Villa this weekend.

Welbeck is only 21' date=' he has great potential, as he proved last season. Young players have to be given time. Rooney was worse than him.[/quote'] I don't think ol Wazza was ever worse!! Wellbeck has unquestionable potential... I'd agree that it's way, way too early for him to be playing for England - or even be in the squad - but that says as much about the standard of English strikers as it does Wellbecks abilities... Undoubted ability - does need to get on the 'weights' though... Not strong enough yet IMHO

Re: Everton v Man UTD Saturday 18th August 2012

I as a Everton currently don't fear Utd. But all the unknown on whether we sell one of our best players Baines or Fellaini I would certainly hold my bet. If the current squad stay. We are more than capable of scoring with Jelavic playing and we can defend when asked.
The squad stayed. We defended and shouldhave had more than the 1 goal. Get in there.:D

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 Nice to see (and hear) United fans on the web, on the radio and in the real world recognising that Everton were the better team and showing some class in defeat. Of course, it would be too much to ask of Ferguson to show any class whatsoever... Midfielder Leon Osman was outstanding for the hosts, but Ferguson admitted his players failed to handle goalscorer Fellaini. "He is a handful, he is a big, tall, gangly lad and they just lumped the ball forward to him, that's all they did," he added.

So why put Vidic on Jelavic and Carrick on Fellaini? If that is all Everton was doing.
Because he saw jelavic as more of a goal threat, and didn't expect them to be belting balls up to Fellaini all night? Still doesn't explain why united did nothing during the game to change that.

Because he saw jelavic as more of a goal threat' date=' and didn't expect them to be belting balls up to Fellaini all night? Still doesn't explain why united did nothing during the game to change that.[/quote'] If that's true then the old man must be going senile, given that three of the goals that Everton scored against them in April came from balls into Fellaini. In fact, I'm not sure that the other one wasn't an over-hit cross meant for Fellaini's head as well. As you say, even if he started off the game with that view, it shouldn't have taken him an hour to work out what everyone else watching had already worked out - that Fellaini was the main threat in the air - and Vidic should have been marking him. Although I doubt that even he would have stopped him.

Re: Everton v Man UTD Monday 20th August 2012 It's good to see someone pulling Fergie up on his bull**** instead of kissing his arse http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2012/08/towering_fellaini_leaves_fergu.html#more Ferguson's irritation was clear in the succession of back-handed - and more to the point inaccurate - "compliments" he hurled in Everton's direction after United suffered their first defeat in their opening league fixture since they lost at Chelsea in 2004. The Scot accused Everton of "just lumping the ball forward" to Fellaini when in reality they adopted a perfectly legitmate ploy of crossing from width to exploit the height advantage and technique that allowed him to make it a harrowing night for emergency central defender Michael Carrick. Even more implausibly, Ferguson announced United were "the better football team", ignoring the fact that Fellaini hit the post, Leon Osman the bar and goalkeeper David de Gea was outstanding in denying Steven Pienaar twice, Osman and Leighton Baines.