Royal Ascot 2012

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 The travelling has to be a slight concern though, plus the ground could come up heavy. All ifs and buts but at that price you have to think about it Would be tempted to back her on the day at those odds but can see her going off at 1/4 or something

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 Royal Ascot Latest News Frankel & Black Caviar With the two best horses in the World on show it promises to be the most exciting Royal Ascot for many a year and lets hope they don’t disappoint the thousands of spectators and millions of television viewers who will be watching the events unfold. Paddy Power are betting 8/13 for them both to win their respective races and that looks a fair price. Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-ascot-betting--frankel-and-black-caviar-8-13-for-the-double-at-royal-ascot-

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 Looking forward to the Ascot Gold Cup on the Thursday. The O'Brien horses look formidable at the minute but I like the look of Dunaden to find a chink in the armour of Fame and Glory. I think the trip will suit him down to the ground and he should be spot on after 2 prep runs. He is also engaged in the Hardwicke Stakes over 1m4f on the Saturday but should he take his chance in the Gold Cup the hint should be taken for the Melbourne Cup winner. Currently 10/1 with SkyBet and VCBet.

Re: Royal Ascot 2012

only 1 thread on ascot with 2 days to go? Give me cheltenham any day where's all the flat tipsters ? lol for me its about the handicaps this week and trying to solve them, good luck all, i might pop in from time to time
Bowles, you posted this in 2010, and if you look at the threads below in this section there is only ever one post for each day of Ascot, so nothing unusual there. Its also the first time we have had a separate Ascot section so i expect it to be a little quiet this year. Despite some gripes from the same old people the changes made to the PL have been a success, the systems section is busier than its ever been, we just need people to crack on post plenty of winners, must be stacks of trends for Ascot i would have thought?
Just wondering as i dont see any activity on here from the flat boys and you wonder why we love cheltenham no ante post bets no race by race banter no competitions wake up PL, its a few days away now

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 I am really excited about Royal Ascot this year, from a racing point of view, not from a betting point of view, though. I'll enjoy the sport very much and looking forward to see Frankel tomorrow but also So You Think later the week and very much Black Caviar on Saturday. This will be the highlight of the whole year for me, no doubt. But all these big and competitive fields doesn't really suit my style of betting. A 1m class 4 Handicap with nine runners at Warwick is much more attractive for me from a betting point of view. As I said in another thread already: The love for the sport is one thing, trying to make money another one. The only bet I've made so far is a Frankel/Black Caviar double at 9/10. I seldom bet odds-on but in this case I think it's buying money. Can't see them getting beaten...

Bowles, you posted this in 2010, and if you look at the threads below in this section there is only ever one post for each day of Ascot, so nothing unusual there. Its also the first time we have had a separate Ascot section so i expect it to be a little quiet this year. Despite some gripes from the same old people the changes made to the PL have been a success, the systems section is busier than its ever been, we just need people to crack on post plenty of winners, must be stacks of trends for Ascot i would have thought?
:) thanks BH, yep seems to be a bit of a quiet lead up to such a big meeting from the PL boys especially those flat lovers who dont like the jumps :) yep, i agree about the systems section, its possibly the main one i visit now to update my threads. in terms of trends, i only do a few for the royal meeting, the hunt cup, brittannia and wokingham will be the main focus for me. i m away midweek so need to do some work tonight on this

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 Thanks for all these brilliant threads for Royal Ascot BH and Paul, and it's own sub-section and all. Top class work lads. I don't value it as much as ye, as i have never bet on Royal Ascot before, but looking at the horse's that will be running, Frankel, Black Caviar etc, it must be exceptional. Very visible on the forum, it will get plenty of foot-fall over the next few days, and i will see if i can add a post somewhere. Cheers!

Royal Ascot 2012 is proving not so memorable so far. Really struggling to find the winners this year! The pen and paper are coming out for some serious graft tonight' date=' still couple of days to turn it around :hope[/quote'] thats how i felt last night but you get 1 winner and it turns around

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 Do we think there is any evidence that it is favourable to be drawn low in these big handicaps in soft ground at Ascot? Willie Carson and Mick Fitzgerald were banging on earlier about it all being about where the pace is, but if I listened to everything those two said I would not only be broke but also suicidal. I have a feeling the ground will be officially soft come 5.35 tomorrow. Obviously in the Victoria Cup in May the ground was soft and the first four home were drawn 2, 1, 5 and 8 (although there is an argument that is just because where the best horses were drawn). Six of the first seven home in the Britannia yesterday were drawn 8 or lower. That more than likely doesn't match up with any other evidence from previous years, but I like to go with what is currently trending.

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 What a brillaint festival..... As always - absolutly knackered at the end of it though - beer then bed for me!! Farewell to the BBC too - it is a shame in a way but frankly, the presenters(and Jim's commentery this year) have been awful. The one thing I will miss from the BBC though are their 'highlight reel, montage to music' though - have never known anyone do it better... Apart from Sky once - but that was a football thing!!

What a brillaint festival..... As always - absolutly knackered at the end of it though - beer then bed for me!! Farewell to the BBC too - it is a shame in a way but frankly, the presenters(and Jim's commentery this year) have been awful. The one thing I will miss from the BBC though are their 'highlight reel, montage to music' though - have never known anyone do it better... Apart from Sky once - but that was a football thing!!
I plan my annual leave around racing and always take a week for Cheltenham and a week for Royal Ascot. I've been up until 1am-2am a few nights this week looking through the form, watching the closing stages of numerous races and it's been worth every minute. I have been really happy with getting some handicap winners as that was where I often struggle on flat and jumps. I can't stand class 6 all weather racing and poor handicaps with crap horses. I know some will say they don't care if it's a Group 1 winner or a class 6 claimer as long as it wins but you can't beat he best horses facing off. I love how you take a race apart like a jigsaw, put it back together and form an opinion. A little bit of humilty goes a long way too and if we can admit to our mistakes we can learn where we've gone wrong. I've seen so many blame the jockeys, the trainers, the ground etc but never admit to making a mistake and it's sheer arrogance. We all try to find out why a horse hasn't performed but sometimes our opinion of horses can be wrong, Carlton House being an example for me. I had doubts about its class but still backed it thinking it might beat So You Think. I now accept that it's probably Group 2 class at best and I probably overrated it. A very enjoyable 5 days of racing and back to the normal stuff tomorrow as I possibly head off to Ponty on what looks like it will be very soft ground. I live in Bradford and it has just rained for the last 2-3 days. Ponty gets very soft very easily, wouldn't surprise me if it's heavy by race time tomorrow. As for Jim's commentary, it's time for him to step aside and let someone else have a go. He's been calling horses in 2nd place when they are clearly 1/2 a length behind in 3rd and in one race got all tongue tied and mumbled like he was clueless. Hope everyone else had a good Ascot too and enjoyed the racing. :ok Highlight: Frankel powering clear by 11 lengths even though I didn't have a penny on it. Low point: The Nile getting put down.

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 i didnt enjoy it much this year, i wasnt around much, i saw 2 races up to Friday and only really concentrated on the handicaps down the straight course, found the winner Fast & Free but the others disappointed i dont really back 2yo's and dont follow the form to be able to. I dont rely on newspaper talk and perhaps should really follow the gambles. maybe try and get involved more next year used to take the week off as i do for cheltenham and used to go there on the Thurs or Fri but ive lost the enthusiasm for ascot to be honest

Re: Royal Ascot 2012 I was a bit like you Bowles going into the week as I really dont watch much Flat racing anymore and think Ive had about 3 Flat bets prior to last week. However I still managed to make a bit of money and found more winners than I did at Cheltenham this year. Top that with some great racing and I actually really enjoyed the week. It will be odd not having it on the BBC next year although it does mean we wont have to have Jim's awful calls (he was at his very worse last week), Rishi's awful interviews and Fitzy's awful everything. As for Carson yes he talks utter crap but it can be funny to watch at times.