** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Argentina > Primera Division > 2012

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread

Velez passing and vision was astonishing tonight' date=' I think you can count the number of mistakes they made on one pair of hands. I felt sorry for Olimpo, they were chasing shadows for the entire second half, Velez are simply too good ! Awesome possession and almost every time Velez lost the ball they got it back within seconds. Velez current squad is probably the best passing team I've ever seen, every player is excellent. That was like an exhibition match. Olimpo had just one header on target in the entire match as far as I remember. Baravero will rarely have such an easy workout. Great Velez goal, spotting the keeper off his line. Just the one goal but fascinating to watch. I did sneak a bet in after all, Under 4.5 and traded out just after the pen miss for 70% of the maximum profit, so doubled my earlier winnings on the Arsenal - Newcastle game.[/quote'] Agree with everything (well, the best you've ever seen might be too much) but you're wrong on only one thing: the goal was pure luck. The guy that scored it said on a tv interview after the match that he wanted to send a cross to striker Obolo but was lucky to send it over the goalkeeper. :)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Ah, okay. One of the camera angles suggested to me he'd seen him off his line more than he should have been. If that goal had not have gone in, I think it's fair to say Velez definately would have scored anyhow, once they got one it just made it not so important to get another, do you agree with this ? It's incredible watching that passing, I'm still thinking about the ball control now when it was repeatedly hit from one side of the pitch to the other. Are there any teams in Arg even remotely close to that level of skill ? There wasn't a single dive or bullshit complaint in the entire match and not one bad foul, as I've said before, this is one the things I like about Argentinian football and why I started watching it. People who just follow the English Prem and Champions League need to wake up to the reality that the number of cheats and shit referee's ruin a large percentage of the matches. Of course theres a lot of dull matches in Arg but I couldnt ask for anymore than the Boca Indie game Sunday night and Velez tonight. Great entertainment. One funny moment, did you notice the Olimpo substitute Litre get booked within moments of coming on ? I don't think he actually touched the ball before getting booked ? 36 players inc subs, and two managers = 38 36 Argetinian, 1 Venezuelan player (for Olimpo), 1 Uruguayan unused sub (for Velez). Are any of tonights players in the Arg national team ?

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread No diving or cheating in this league ? wow...you have to see more games. There's a lot this, and hard fouls too. Maybe not tonight but there definitely it. We had some shit referee tonight as well. He didn't give a very clear penalty and the one he gave Velez was no penalty at all. A couple of Velez player were in the NT at some games the last couple of years, but they aren't regulars. Defender Dominguez, Emiliano Papa, striker Juan Manuel Martinez...and I think that's it. Insua was a couple of times too but at least 5-6 years ago. Velez is the best team but on a good Riquelme day you can see something similar in Boca. Tigre has a couple of very good players, worth to watch too. Estudiantes when Veron is healthy. Lanus has the potential to do it, and sometimes they do. Arsenal has a couple of quality/intelligent players... As rounds keep coming and we approach the end of the season there will be more interesting games and a lot of drama for sure.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Friday 16 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Lanus v Argentinos Juniors (22:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 17 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA All Boys v Godoy Cruz de Mendoza (00:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Tigre v Estudiantes de La Plata (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Unión de Santa Fe v Vélez Sársfield (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Independiente v Belgrano (23:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Olimpo v Racing Club (23:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 18 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Newell's Old Boys v Atlético de Rafaela (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]San Lorenzo v Colon de Santa Fe (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]San Martin-San Juan v Boca Juniors (21:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.46[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Arsenal de Sarandi v CA Banfield (23:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Lanus - Arg Jrs Lanus quality of crossing in the Copa Lib' midweek was astoundingly poor hence only one goal scored and I doubt that stat will improve dramatically tonight. Arg Jrs have only scored in 2 of the last 5 Aways but have won their last 2 visits to Lanus, which sounds like a planet when put like that. I imagine a low scoring affair and this week we may see a few 0-0's as there were none in this league last weekend. I don't bet the U/O 2.5 line so the only bet I would place on this is a small stake on the 0-0 which looks a good possibility. Small stake on 0-0

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Lanus with even more reserves than expected due to next Tuesday's "can't lose" game. Their 4-5 best offensive players (Pavone, Valeri, Camoranesi, Regueiro) are out suspended or resting (a couple on the bench). I have Argentinos +0.5 @ 1.90 since yesterday. A little risk for such a crap team but I'm staying with it.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread FT 0-1 so perfect for the +0.5. Watched only the 1st half, not much happened, first 20 minutes Argentinos better and then Lanus more dangerous. From what I read the 2nd half was equally boring and the goal was off a corner kick.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Olimpo v Racing, I had Under 3.5 on it [and the 0-0 which I traded out at half time]. This match had the lowest liquidity I've ever seen on an In Play match on Betfair on the Under 3.5, it proved difficult to trade it off such was the lack of interest in it. The match itself was absolute toilet, that description applies to both teams and the referee who I already knew was appalling from several games in the Apertura. If you think this match was bad you'll be glad you didn't see the Juan Aurich v Santos Copa Libertadores 48 hours earlier which was even worse ! Full Time 0-3

Olimpo v Racing' date= I had Under 3.5 on it [and the 0-0 which I traded out at half time]. This match had the lowest liquidity I've ever seen on an In Play match on Betfair on the Under 3.5, it proved difficult to trade it off such was the lack of interest in it. The match itself was absolute toilet, that description applies to both teams and the referee who I already knew was appalling from several games in the Apertura. If you think this match was bad you'll be glad you didn't see the Juan Aurich v Santos Copa Libertadores 48 hours earlier which was even worse ! Full Time 0-3
1st half was awful, 2nd half the goals made it more interesting. The game of the day was Union 3 - Velez 3, really great one, and Tigre 1 - Estudiantes 1 was no that bad. Told you goals were coming !! Perfect day for me, had Independiente, OVER 2 in Olimpo-Racing, and River -1 in Nacional B (won 3-0). Also had a VOID bet in Estudiantes DNB. Combined with Argentinos +0.5 yesterday makes it a perfect weekend so far.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread I haven't been well this week and went to bed at 13.30 this afternoon, I didn't wake up until 22.30 so I missed the Velez game which disappointed me. I don't normally bet on In-Play BTTS selections, and I was reminded why just now ! What a way to lose a tenner : Game 65 mins played 0-1 : Mexico : Cruz Azul - Santos Laguna : Odds @ 2.00 Cruz Azul to Score Stats : Cruz Azul : They had played 50 games at Home since they failed to score in two consecutive Home games. They drew 0-0 with Corinthians midweek in the Copa Lib' Santos Laguna : Conceded a goal in all of their previous 13 Away games. Down to 10 men around 75 mins. Final Score 0-1 Bet Lost :(

I haven't been well this week and went to bed at 13.30 this afternoon' date=' I didn't wake up until 22.30 so I missed the Velez game which disappointed me.[/quote'] Union played well, they came back from a 1-3 and you don't do that against Velez everyday. Try to watch Velez's 3rd goal, it was great passing. Also River goals were good (Trezeguet + Cavenaghi *2)

Hi everybody. I've posted a free preview at my website for Newell's - Atletico Rafaela. My bet is the home win @ 1.95+ Good Luck and all feedback is welcomed :)
That's great, but could you please post it here as well in future :ok

That's great' date=' but could you please post it here as well in future :ok[/quote'] Hi mate. The preview is usually a 2-3 pages long PDF, too much to post it in the forum and I can't put the link directly to the preview because the admin told me not to do it so the best option I've found is to post the pick and if anyone wants to read the explanation they can go to my blog and download it :) Cheers

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 24 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Banfield v CA All Boys (00:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Atlético de Rafaela v San Lorenzo (21:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Belgrano v San Martin-San Juan (23:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Racing Club v Unión de Santa Fe (23:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.94[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 25 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Argentinos Juniors v Estudiantes de La Plata (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.76[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Arsenal de Sarandi v CA Tigre (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Boca Juniors v CA Lanus (22:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Monday 26 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Colon de Santa Fe v Independiente (00:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Godoy Cruz de Mendoza v Olimpo (23:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Racing - Union Crikey those adds were high, 0-0 @ 9.40, just put £2.50 on and I'm off to bed now. Goodnight
It has to be a record for you...Union scored after only 9 seconds !!!!

Good morning, WTF ? Bet lost in 9 seconds ? That is hilarious, did I really say : "Crikey those odds were high" What the hell has happened to Racing this season MNC, any major changes ?
No Diego Simeone. I laid Racing at 1.9 odds. Easy win in the end. :loon

Good morning, WTF ? Bet lost in 9 seconds ? That is hilarious, did I really say : "Crikey those odds were high" What the hell has happened to Racing this season MNC, any major changes ?
Coach change, but especially no more luck in defense and no superb performances by their goalkeeper to save them. I will post my free preview later today. :)

No Diego Simeone. I laid Racing at 1.9 odds. Easy win in the end. :loon
Okay thanks, I just wiki'ed that, last seasons manager, he's moved on to Athletico Madrid I see. I just looked at their stats and it comes as no surprise his early games included 3 x 0-0, one of those against Racing :rollin

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Lanus seem to be resting quite a few players, ahead of their Copa Libertadores match next week. Therefore Belgrano +0.5AH seems a bargain at almost evens (betfair). I'm putting one unit on it. :hope

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Good call Mahierhofersneck, I had the same bet ;) By the way, I just published my free preview at my website. The game is Estudiantes - Boca and my call is Estudiantes DNB @ 1.83 with mid/high stakes or -0.25 @ 2.20+ with mid stakes ! Good Luck! wink.gif

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Hi lads, sorry I haven't been able to contribute anything since Thursday night. Got a virus at half time in the Boca Libertadores match on my regular PC. Just using this old one which has minimal memory and is very slow, unable to use it for betting or watching. Annoying as I'd selected two in the week I fancied for yesterday, Cov and Reading both away. Ive checked the Arg results for the weekend so far just now, Olimpo looked awful against Velez a few weeks back but 2-5 v Banfield ! Confirmation me thinks. Hope to be back in action in the coming days. See what you mean MNC, there's a few goals going in now.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Hope to see you back very soon Nervous Anorak! I am going to take your tip and adjust it MNC - I will lay Boca Juniors myself for 2 units. Here's hoping Boselli and co. play well tonight. :hope