** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Argentina > Primera Division > 2012

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Watched the entire match except for a few minutes when Colon had their second player sent off. Disgusting performance by the referee, does anybody have any idea what the first sending off was for ? There was nothing dirty in the game at all at that point, nothing whatsoever. Was the second one a sending off, I missed it ? Why play so much injury time 95.45, when the game was clearly already won against 9 men and a bit of crowd trouble had started at 92.30 I'm sorry MNC, but that match was appalling dross, but at least I expected it to be so wasn't disappointed ! I did the sensible thing after the first sending off and traded out for 70% of the maximum possible win I could have had, quite a high stake so playing safe and glad I did. Hope everyone else got out early ? Full Time 0-3

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread

If you saw the game you know it could have been OVER earlier' date=' both missed some big chances, especially Colon.[/quote'] Totally agree which was why I jumped out early, was gonna go during half time but then the goal arrived. Newell's 2nd and 3rd were superb finishes.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread I ended up going on under 3.5 goals in an inspired decision rather than under 2.5 goals. I decided to look at some of the previous Colon results, which spurred me on to make this decision. Small profit (1.21 odds) but better than a loss! Also my lay of Colon was well worth it. What about Estudiantes -v- Lanus tonight?

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Estudinates Lanus I'm not on it, to be honest I find those two a little difficult to call in terms of goals and I didn't want to sit through another game tonight. I'm glad someone else bets the Under 3.5 and upwards, you don't hear many people talk about those numbers but they make sense especially in the long run, large stakes but low risk. I rarely do the 2.5 line now, actually tonights Colon game is proof as to why ! Early exit was good for me.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread I'm on a lay of Lanus in this game. Didn't bother going near goals... although I kinda wish I went on under 2.5's! Have you been watching the game at all Nervous Anorak? I felt with Lanus playing an important Libertadores game next week, and playing at Estudiantes' brand spanking new stadium, and with this Estudiantes team beginning to perform accordingly to their actual abilities, it was a worthy lay.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread No, not watching this game, I havent even got my usual small stake on the 0-0, not betting it at all, done my one for the night and I'm satisfied, just sent you a PM. I was just writing up a few match previews for tomorrow in UK. Just put my thoughts up for the Cov v Bham game, also got Wycombe Colchester up. Think I'll stick Brent v Sheff Utd up shortly, Sheff Utd no draw in 20 ! Tomorrow surely good chance to break that stat !

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Belgrano - San Lorenzo Belgrano after draw and defeat in the first two round in the last two games has recorded two wins. In Belgrano for this match in the team returns Marco Pérez and also in the team will be two changes instead of Hernán Grana in the team wil be Juan Quiroga and instead Luciano Lollo in the team will be Alejandro Lembo. On the other side San Lorenzo so far has recorded a win, draw and two defeats. San Lorenzo coach Leonardo Madelón for this match can not count on Jonathan Bottinelli who is injured and Carlos Bueno and Gabriel Méndez who are suspended. I think that Belgrano is a closer to win this match and they I think currently playing in better form than San Lorenzo and also San Lorenzo will have a few important absences in the team so I think that Belgrano can win this match. Pick:Belgrano @ 2.42 Pinnacle 4/10

Belgrano - San Lorenzo Belgrano after draw and defeat in the first two round in the last two games has recorded two wins. In Belgrano for this match in the team returns Marco Pérez and also in the team will be two changes instead of Hernán Grana in the team wil be Juan Quiroga and instead Luciano Lollo in the team will be Alejandro Lembo. On the other side San Lorenzo so far has recorded a win, draw and two defeats. San Lorenzo coach Leonardo Madelón for this match can not count on Jonathan Bottinelli who is injured and Carlos Bueno and Gabriel Méndez who are suspended. I think that Belgrano is a closer to win this match and they I think currently playing in better form than San Lorenzo and also San Lorenzo will have a few important absences in the team so I think that Belgrano can win this match. Pick:Belgrano @ 2.42 Pinnacle 4/10
Unfortunately (I'm a San Lorenzo fan) I overall agree, but you forgot to mention that Belgrano is missing their best striker, Cesar "Picante" Pereyra (Picante = Spicy, great nickname). Marco Perez is a reserve and new player in this team so he's not really "returning". Anyway, I can't tell you "good luck" for obvious reasons :)

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Thankfully I've only bet 1 Argentinian Under 2.5 this weekend so far, the Colon Newells game but got out early whilst still 0-1, otherwise would have lost. The only reason I didnt bet Racing Under 2.5 was because the odds were pitiful, even on Betfair my 1.54 was unmatched and I'm damned glad ! I refused to go any lower than that on a 2.5. Didn't touch Belgrano thankfully even though it seemed an Unders. This is the danger with 2.5's, its such a fine line between winning and losing and way too stressful. Anyhow, with 3 Overs from 5 games so far, its pretty safe to say on the averages system we could have already used up our regular supply of 3 Overs from 10 games, or there can only realistically be 1 or 2 more max from the remaining 5 games, unless we get a freak weekend. I tipped the numbers of remaining Overs/Unders last week succesfully proving the averages rarely fail in this league. I was expecting at least one of the games already played to be 0-0, I'd bet small stakes on three of them. Most weeks produce at least 1 and of the remaining fixtures Rafaela - Santa Fe looks a good possibility as does Boca - Independiente. Ironically I bet Under 4.5 on the San Luis - Pachuca game in Mexico (just to get my three Arg 0-0 stakes back from earlier) and traded out after 30 mins as there was alot of goal mouth action and I'd already achieved my aim. Guess what ? The stats never suggested a 0-0 so I didn't even consider backing it, it finished 0-0 :wall A few surprising results beginning to emerge now in Argentina, even if only on the goals basis.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread NA, I told you one or two weeks ago, with relegations getting closer there will be teams takingmore risks. San Lorenzo had to win today, Union-Rafaela can't afford to lose and the draw is pretty much useless for them. It can be a 0-0 but I wouldn't bet on that... I also definitely don't expect Boca-Independiente to be a 0-0...maybe Tigre-Banfield but after San Lorenzo's result now Tigre must win. These games might not be OVER, but I wouldn't risk on those very low UNDER odds.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread In case anyone is interested, I just posted a free preview at my blog. The games is today's derby Boca - Independiente, and I like that Boca -0.75 @ 1.90+ Good Luck ;)

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Velez is playing with Olimpo tomorow, the odds are at now at 1.8 for -1 AH for a HW but i don't follow this league and the only information I got is this: El Cuerpo Técnico encabezado por Ricardo Gareca confirmó los 18 futbolistas designados para el encuentro frente a Olimpo de Bahía Blanca del lunes 12 de marzo desde las 21.15hs, por la quinta fecha del Torneo Clausura 2012. El Tigre piensa la variante para reemplazar a Augusto Fernández entre Lucas Pratto e Iván Bella. De esta forma, el Fortín jugaría con Marcelo Barovero; Fabián Cubero, Sebastián Domínguez, Fernando Ortiz y Emiliano Papa; Lucas Pratto o Iván Bella, Francisco Cerro, Víctor Zapata y Federico Insúa; Juan Manuel Martínez y Mauro Iván Óbolo. Is this line up good or bad ?

NA' date=' I told you one or two weeks ago, with relegations getting closer there will be teams takingmore risks. San Lorenzo had to win today, Union-Rafaela can't afford to lose and the draw is pretty much useless for them. It can be a 0-0 but I wouldn't bet on that...I also definitely don't expect Boca-Independiente to be a 0-0...maybe Tigre-Banfield but after San Lorenzo's result now Tigre must win. These games might not be OVER, but I wouldn't risk on those very low UNDER odds.[/quote'] MNC thanks, I'll take your advice on these. This Arg relegation makes it complicated for us here in Europe. Odds for U 3.5 or U 4.5 will be too low for the amnount of stake I'd want to use so I think I'll keep clear. It seems there's been a few of Over 2.5's being created due to sendings off.

Velez is playing with Olimpo tomorow El Cuerpo Técnico encabezado por Ricardo Gareca confirmó los 18 futbolistas designados para el encuentro frente a Olimpo de Bahía Blanca del lunes 12 de marzo desde las 21.15hs, por la quinta fecha del Torneo Clausura 2012. El Tigre piensa la variante para reemplazar a Augusto Fernández entre Lucas Pratto e Iván Bella. De esta forma, el Fortín jugaría con Marcelo Barovero; Fabián Cubero, Sebastián Domínguez, Fernando Ortiz y Emiliano Papa; Lucas Pratto o Iván Bella, Francisco Cerro, Víctor Zapata y Federico Insúa; Juan Manuel Martínez y Mauro Iván Óbolo. Is this line up good or bad ?
:lol Its a "good" line up for Velez, but "bad" for any team playing them ! Velez are comfortably the most skillful and entertaining team in this league. The last 4 times this fixture has been played, Olimpo haven't even scored a goal ! Olimpo have only scored 1 goal in their last 5 Away games, and even then they lost 3-1 after bringing the game back to 1-1 I would imagine the result to be 2-0 or 3-0. Velez are very strong in the first half so expect at least 1 goal by half time EDIT : Minutes after typing the above I noticed a staggering half time scoreline in Ecuador. Deportivo Quito who beat Velez 3-0 during the week in the Libertadores, are 0-4 up at Cuenca, a team who hadn't even conceded a goal in their last two matches ! I think you can ignore that midweek result !

Most weeks produce at least 1 x 0-0 and of the remaining fixtures Rafaela - Santa Fe looks a good possibility as does Boca - Independiente. A few surprising results beginning to emerge now in Argentina' date= even if only on the goals basis.
Half Time : Boca 2 - Independiente 3 :rollin

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Absolutely mindblowing end to the game and a fully deserved victory for Independientie. 4-3 at 88 minutes, Indie scored 89 mins 4-4, Santiago Silva missed a sitter for Boca almost on the line at 94 mins, it looked harder to miss it than score, Independiente straight up the other end and scored with a stunning chip, 4-5 then final whistle. One of the most astonishing finishes to a game I will ever see. There wasn't actually a lot of "quality" football in the match, it was a bit of a slog, but you couldn't take your eyes off it. Boca's crossing was dreadful throughout the game with only a couple of exceptions, otherwise they'd have likely had a few more. Great entertainment, both teams have to be applauded for trying to win it even with seconds remaining. Boca 4 - Independiente 5 The averages kept to expected form tonight, 3 x Under 2.5 and 1 x Over 2.5, gives us a weekend total so far of 5 Unders / 4 Overs, with one match to play Monday night, Velez - Olimpo.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread A derby for the ages will be the title of the report in my blog. Bet lost unfortunately, but a game that will be remembered here for a very very long time. I hope you followed my advice of skipping the 0-0 bets in those 2 games!

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread M, sorry about all the problems we had a few weeks ago, all forgotten my friend. :ok Boca 4 Independiente 5 : Incredible finish for that final goal. I'll never forget this match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vg63M4ZynE&feature=related Is Boca v Independiente a local derby ? What is the distance between them ? I took your advice and didn't place any 0-0's, I was surprised when you said Banfield Tigre possibly a 0-0 because Banfield looked so poor against Velez a few weeks ago that I didn't think they'd keep a clean sheet. But after the event I know I should have bet that one 0-0 for a very small stake and traded out at 80 mins as the goals came 83 mins + 90 mins : 0-2 I didn't bet on anything today anywhere in the world, sometimes you just wanna watch a game of football without the stress of a bet ! I only watched the Boca game when I saw Independiente at 0-2 in the 7th minute. I thought to myself there's got to be more goals in this one but to get 9 ! The last time I saw a game like this in Argentina was Racing 4 Olimpo 3. At half time 3-0, then at the start of the second half we had 4 goals in 10 mins and 37 seconds

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Boca - Independiente is a big derby because they are part of the Big 5 group. They are very close too, but the rivalry is not exactly because of this. A couple of years ago I wrote this about rivalries in the league : http://argentinapreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/rivalries.html Now I realize I didn't mention Union-Colon which is a big derby too, but back then they were in different divisions and didn't meet in 8 years. And this is another very short report about the history of the league: http://argentinapreviews.blogspot.com/2010/05/little-background-on-league.html Did you follow my advice about watching some 2nd division ? Yesterday we had another amazing game, Defensa y Justicia 3 - River 3 !! The weekend's best game here ... before today's 5-4 of course. 14 rounds left and there are 5 teams in high level fighting for the championship (top 2 are promoted and 3rd and 4th play the promotion playoffs).

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Thanks I'll check out those links with your write ups one evening this week. Do you know any sites where we can watch the Argentinian 2nd division ? On the betting sites they only show the Premier Division, every game. Is there a television station in Arg that show the 2nd division ? How boring are Ferro Carrill Oeste, I remember almost every game they played last year was Unders and many 0-0's ?

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread You can check the usual live streaming websites. I tried to put the links here last week but they were automatically censored. There are 2-3 channels showing 2nd division games, it's the same ones that show 1st division. Usually we have 4-5 on TV of the 10 played every weekend. Yes, that's historically Ferro except for the early 80's when they were the best team around, won 2 championships and played great football (I was too young but that's what I've always read). In the late 80's they set a record in the league: 9 games without scoring a goal. Their fans put a banner during a game that said: "Please, score 1 goal!" !!! It's my 2nd team because my grandfather was a big fan of them and I used to go watch their basketball team a decade ago when they were always fighting for championships in that sport. Unfortunately awful administrations destroyed a club that was great for the community (it's in the middle of Buenos Aires) and had many members that practiced lots of different sports.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread M, thanks, I just read your articles, interesting. Now I understand the rivalries and realise why you don't like me saying how good Velez are !;) Looking forward to tonights game, will be watching, 2-0 or 3-0 I think, but I'm not going to have a bet, I had a nice little win on the Arsenal v Newcastle game tonight, after the Boca match last night I thought one more goal wasn't asking too much ! Just a small stake put on at 91 mins 50 seconds for another goal and Arsenal obliged soon after :D ! Back to Argentina, Godoy Cruz are so far from everywhere else, do the teams fly for this match ? The longest trip in the Arg Prem is almost double the longest trip in the UK Premier League, which is Swansea to Newcastle 358.5 miles each way, 577 kilometres

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Godoy Cruz and San Martin are very close, far from the rest. Yes, teams fly there and normally also to Olimpo, far too. Not sure about Santa Fe or Rosario, but I guess some also fly there.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Velez passing and vision was astonishing tonight, I think you can count the number of mistakes they made on one pair of hands. I felt sorry for Olimpo, they were chasing shadows for the entire second half, Velez are simply too good ! Awesome possession and almost every time Velez lost the ball they got it back within seconds. Velez current squad is probably the best passing team I've ever seen, every player is excellent. That was like an exhibition match. Olimpo had just one header on target in the entire match as far as I remember. Baravero will rarely have such an easy workout. Great Velez goal, spotting the keeper off his line. Just the one goal but fascinating to watch. I did sneak a bet in after all, Under 4.5 and traded out just after the pen miss for 70% of the maximum profit, so doubled my earlier winnings on the Arsenal - Newcastle game.