BBOTD Saturday 7th January

cpo

2.05 Sandown Dave’s Dream 1pt WIN @ 9/1 Paddy Power This is a big bet for me tomorrow. I think he has an excellent chance if putting in a good round of jumping. His last few runs over fences have not been too inspiring but last time out he looked to be travelling really well near the front before making a terrible mistake and coming down 4 fences out bringing down Tanks for That in the process. I fully believe they have been running this horse over the wrong trip and his best form has come around 2miles. Dave’s Dream form figures around 2miles is 1-1-1-1-6-1-1-U with only the last 3 of these runs coming over fences. Today he gets s 2miles around Sandown which should suit him perfectly. He proved this by romping home by 7 lengths over CD in the Imperial Cup back in 2009. He hasn’t fulfilled his potential over fences but he has only had 3 runs over this trip. First time out over fences at Huntingdon he won a novice chase over 17f and he won a 2m handicap chase at Cheltenham by 8 lengths very easily. Last time out was the first time in his career that he has come down and I don’t expect him to make the same error in this race. I don’t think he would want it too soft but he has shown in the past that he can handle soft conditions. I feel he is a better horse on good ground though. Nicky Henderson is still banging in the winners left right and centre and David Bass takes a handy 3lbs off his back which will help as he does have plenty of weight to carry. That being said horses carrying 11-6+ have won 4 of the last 6 renewals of this race. It also favours horses aged 8+ with only the majestic Master Minded breaking this trend by winning it at 5. Dave’s Dream seems to fit the bit on every account and I am hoping for a massive run. There are obvious dangers in this race with the bottom weight All For Free being one of the biggest. He is improving at a rate of knots but will find this much tougher than his last 2 races that he has won very comfortably. He has been made favourite for the race but I think he might just struggle in this field. Venetia Williams has a bit of form but her horses are still a little in and out for me so I couldn’t be having her runner here Rileyev. Hold Fast has to be respected coming from very powerful connections but the biggest threat may well come from my selections stable mate. Tanks for That got brought down by my selection last time out and was travelling just as well at the time. He won 2 outings ago so is in good form and Barry Geraghty takes the ride which is always a plus. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Nicky Henderson had the first 2 in this but I really think Dave’s Dream has an excellent chance over a CD which will suit him down to the ground. He hasn’t won many times in recent years but I am hoping everything is in place for a big run tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 1.00 Sandown - KAFFIE (WIN 15/8 >B365 BOG) has won easily on his last two runs and although this is clearly going to be his toughest task to date he is open to plenty of improvement. Trainer is in good form and Im hopefull Kaffie can win again

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 14:35 Sandown Prospect Wells Win (2,75) William Hill Paul Nicholls & Robert Walsh have proven them self as one of the best trainer/jockey combos again this season. Prospect Wells have been in decent form over hurdles, winning two out of four and whit one place at this level, last time out. The distance seems to suit him well. He ran some of his best over 16-17f. Prospect Wells recent form. 0-1-2-1-4 The jockey Robert Walsh are booked for the 3th run in a row.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January Capone - Lin 2.45 (11-2 PP BOG) Scott Dixon is off to a flying start as a trainer, and this horse is in the form of his life. Last time out he recorded a fine victory over CD and today he is reunited with Hayley Turner, who has won on him four times. PP are going out on a limb with this one, as it is generally 4-1 and 9-2.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January Jockey Jim Crowley could be a man worth tracking today as he has some nice rides, am happy to stick with him in Race 4' on the card at Lingfield Park The 6yr old gelding was beat just a nk last time out here at Lingfield over 7f. Trainer Mrs A Perret's runner must be showing something at base as this is her sole runner of the day. His last 3 runs read - 3rd - 1st - 2nd and at around 7/1 must be worth a bet with Jim Crowley back in the plate. Lingfield Park 13:45 - Rio Royale. 0.5 e/w bet 7/1 @ VC Enjoy your weekend troops, fall out men.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3.55 Lingfield: City Legend @ 7/1 Bet365 I'm a bit surprised to see him available @7/1 as I think he's a much better chance. Draw is not ideal indeed, but he's very good in form and goes well at Lingfield. He showed all three starts here a good performance. He was beaten by a shoulder in march 2011 but won a good claimer in November in impressive fashion. Kempton after that wasn't his day but he was eye-catching three days ago here at Lingfield again. He was a very difficult ride for Robert Winston that day who had to push and encourage City Legend right after the starting gates opened. He looked completely beaten 3f out but finished still very strong widest of all to finish second only 1¾ lengths beaten. Promising Apprentice Kieran O'Neill is on board again, who rode City Legend to win the claimer a few weeks ago.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January Sandown 13.00 The Strawberry One 4-1 Hills & P.Power Being zero from two I'm tempted to go for one of the shorter ones tomorrow but I think this mare has been overlooked and should be 2nd fav. I think this lies between the selection and Kaffie who has won as she pleased in two modest novices so far. The yard are seemingly out of form with no winners for several months but they don't run that many and don't usually start to bang in the winners until around late December. She's the best horse in the race and showed clear signs of returning to her best last time out over a trip that was possibly a little far. Back at her optimum trip and on a course that should suit I'll take a chance.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3.10 Sandown Be There In Five 0.5pt e/w @ 16/1 Ladbrokes BOG Be There In Five is a 2nd season chaser that could be capable of improving on his current mark of 138. The form of his 3rd in the 4 miler at the Cheltenham festival has worked out well, Beshabar was 2nd that day and went on to win the Scottish National and is now rated 150. Alfa Beat was 3 1/4 lengths behind our selection in the Cheltenham race and he has since won the Kerry National and is rated 158. A drop back to 3m may not suit Be There In Five but the race is sure to be run at a strong pace with several front runners in the field and Be There In Five could be staying on strongly at the end. On the downside Be There In Five has not ran for 266 days so we have to trust Nicky Henderson has him fit first time out. Also Barry Geraghty choses to ride the other Henderson horse Master of the Hall. I think 16/1 makes up for these negatives and I am hopeful of a good run.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January The Panama Kid 3.10 Sandown 18-1 Bet365 (EW) Don't fancy a few of the shorter priced horses and feel this could go well at a price. Unable to give 8lb away in a novice race but now back in handicap company. Claimer does well on the horse, it should get the trip and is not that much higher than its last win. Could go close despite this being obviously a much better race and I can see it out performing the other outsiders and some of the others like Wymott and Neptune Collonges.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 12.50 Newcastle - Diamond D'Amour - 15/8 Bet365 - 1 pt win Has done well for new yard since joining , Won a 17f race at Carlisle last month , jumped really well that day , Jonathon Bewley who won on him last time out takes the ride again , taking a valuable 7pounds of his back , Looks a strong contender

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3:25 Wincanton: Gallox Bridge Each way 6/1 Paddy Power (1/4 123) Gallox Bridge lines up here for a hat trick bid and the form of his last couple of runs since joining Tim Vaughan have worked out well. At Uttoxeter last time Gallox Bridge beat Kings Lodge giving weight. Next time out Kings Lodge won comfortably and then went down by a short head off 117 next time. Gallox Bridge has jumped right in the past however that won't be a problem today. Michael Byrne takes off a handy five pounds. No Loose Change will be a massive danger if taking the form of his last time out third literally, where the winner Ballyrock went on to run third to Fingal Bay, however, sometimes those Graded form lines just don't work out.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January Ling 1.10 - Sonko - win at 7/2 bog bet365 Speedy type who might be suited to this sharpest of the AW tracks He'a a whopping 18lbs above his last winning mark in a handicap and has gone up another 2lbs for finishing 2nd last time However his runs in handicaps since that win have been in much better races than this and he's won a couple of claimers The danger has to be that he just can't win off this mark and has to drop to claimers to get his nose in front His run last time at Kempton suggests that might not be the case as he was only narrowly beaten by a gambled on dark horse. He might not be on a great mark but i don't think he's handicapped out of it I reckon the race could be run to suit him. He can front run and if he gets a soft lead and slows them down i think he'll have too much pace in the finish. The fly in the ointment could be Bookiesindexdotnet who's another front runner. If he gets to the front my fellow can track and take him in the straight. What i don't want to see is the two of them going hammer and tong against each other.............:loon

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3.45 Sandown: Attaglance EW (now 11/1 PP) A good looking 2m handicap and a couple running that I have backed previously this season. Attaglance was in my list of horses to follow and ran well when third at Haydock, last time he ran well again when 5th but the Heavy ground that day blunted his speed. As long it doesnt get too testing this extended 2m around here should be about perfect. Ruby Walsh takes the ride, I cant think of another time he has ridden for the yard but it should make for a good partnership as the horse is a strong traveller, just the type Walsh thrives on. The race is not that deep in quality, quite a few of these are out of form, been chasing or coming back after a lay off.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January GLASTONBERRY (13:45) has to bounce back from a poor effort last time but I think there’s reason to think she might, and with going this way round likely to be ideal she could prove to be a bit better than her current mark of 58. She was generally progressive in maidens if not quite setting the world alight, she made a perfect handicap debut in October when picking up a fairly weak 6f Kempton handicap. Always travelling well, she needed little persuasion from the saddle to hit the front and didn’t need a great deal of effort to be kept up to her work when in the lead. That was off 6lbs lower than today’s rating and on the basis of that run, she looked like a horse that might be up to running to a mark around about 65/66 in the near future. She wasn’t seen for two months subsequent to the Kempton victory, and looked in need of the run when putting in a below-par effort. Drawn wide, she tended to hang left throughout and wasn’t given a hard-time when obviously beaten. It definitely wasn’t the 6lb hike in the ratings that beat her, that’s for sure. She races at Lingfield for the first time today but going this way round will almost definitely help and especially as she’s drawn in stall 2, the problem in her hanging left could well be solved. She’s still open to further improvement off this mark and with Jamie Spencer booking a big positive, she should run well. She’ll have to, as a few of these come into this in good form. Picansort has an obvious chance but he’s on the short-side priced at 7/4, even accounting for some bad luck in-running last time. Rio Royale is also in good form, but I’m not sure he’s open to too much improvement and perhaps connections would prefer him to win in the final of this series. The others look risky propositions and although the same can be said for Glastonberry, she’s extremely unexposed compared to the rest of the field and has the potential to be better than her current mark. Odds of 11/1 are nice enough (much bigger available on Betfair) and worthy of a small/medium sized investment. 13:45 LingfieldGlastonberry; 1pt @ 11/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 15:10 Sandown Master of the Hall - 4/7 when chasing. Won a listed race LTO at distance by 16l LTO with a bit left in the tank. Has won at course and distance and going would prefer softer but GS success under the belt. Unsure why dropping to a class 2 handicap after last four races being listed but I hope £31,000 is not to be sniffed at. 1pt win 7/2 ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 1.55 Newcastle - 1pt win My Arch @ 9/2 (VC) Ollie Pears' runner stays all day on the flat which makes him a threat over hurdles, especially over a testing three miles. He has been running well in three hurdles races this season - although the tests may not have been sufficient enough. Still, he got his head in front two starts ago at Wetherby. The runs either side were very respectable - a staying on 2nd at Musselburgh over an insufficient 2m4f and a game fourth back at Wetherby last time over 2m6f. He was under pressure for a while that day and jumped poorly up the straight (jump at last was okay) but stayed on dourly to finish just 5l behind the leaders, and an extra 2f would have seen him go very close - suggesting this mark is not beyond him. He's had 2 seconds and a first among his runs at Newcastle so the course isn't an issue and the testing nature of the track over this three mile trip will see him to his best. This is probably the most suitable race he's had this season and will certainly find out any chinks in the other runner's stamina. Papamoa is likely to relish the step up in trip but has a 7lb penalty for a second placed runner last time, and Theologist similar. That one is always worth taking on despite travelling well and this mark will make his task tougher. My Arch will hopefully jump a bit better today but is bound to be staying on and he does have the quality to take this. This is Brian Hughes only ride of the day and I hope he's not going to make up the numbers!

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3.45 Sandown I'm So Lucky ew 18/1 Bet365 Has been competitive since switching to chasing and won the celebration chase at todays course back in 2010. Last seen over hurdles in may 2008 at Haydock when finishing second in the swinton hurdle behind Blue Bajan off a mark of 140. He goes off a mark of 143 today with the claimer taking off 3lbs. He's a strong running type and with conditions in his favour looks overpriced.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 2.15 Lingfield If Strictly Pink is going to win a race this year then she has to win this, 10lbs below her last winning mark and in the lowest grade she has raced. Stable has hit some form and this jockey has ridden 2-2 for them in the last week. If she runs anywhere near her best she should surely win this. 1 Pt win 5/1 Betfred

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January

Amosite e/w--Lingfield 14.15 run a very nice race last time with first time cheekpieces,jocky Tylicki has very good strike rate at this track and in last 14 days has 33% win strike rate.Amosite run 5 time at lingfield and finish 4 time 3422 over 6f,so with some luck can win this race.:drums

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January L2.15 Captain Dimitrios 0.5pt E/W 28/1 Stan James The horses form at Lingfield reads 3-3-2-2 and it's an intereting jockey booking in Martin Lane today after a lay off. The horse is still only a 4-y-o and races off its lowest ever handicap mark today. All of those efforts over the course were off more than a stone higher mark so if returning to anything like that form after a break, it could go close at a price. I think the booking of the excellent Martin Lane could point towards a big run being expected.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 2.45 Lingfield OASIS DANCER @ 9/4 bog (bet365, paddy power and many more) This is the Lingfieldpark.co.uk Handicap a Class 2 (4yo+ 0-100) and it's by far the best quality race of today's program at Lingfield (the winner gets £10,350). It's a sprint over 6f with 12 runners. Oasis Dancer is a 5 yo grey gelding owned by Mrs M E Slade and trained by Ralph Beckett. This son of Oasis Dream was a very interesting colt. After a disappointing debut he was second of Workforce at Goodwood and was then able to win at Newmarket both as 2 yo over 7f and again as 3 yo over 8f (both Cl2). After that nice second win he was a runner in the Irish 2,000 Guineas (won by Canford Cliffs) where he raced prominently leading 3f out before weakining badly in the last furlong. Two months later he came back to win again in Cl3 at Newbury over 7f and he competed next time out in the Totesport Mile (Heritage Handicap) at Goodwood (8f) won by Sea Lord. After the break one year ago he was carried to Dubai where he had no luck and collected three 7th places in good company but his mark of 106-105 was probably too much for him as he showed once again in a disappointing effort at Ascot 8 months ago in the Victoria Cup. The horse was finally dropped in class and had a decent effort snatching a 4th at Salisbury (7f) to start his autumn career 3 months ago in a Cl3. Once again he was soon prominent, tracked leaders, ridden to dispute lead from over 2f out until headed and no extra inside final furlong but we should notice that the winner of that race was the Godolphin's Ecliptic, a 3 yo (now 4) rated 107. Finally Beckett decided to keep his athlete busy during the winter switching him to the UK All Weather tracks and Oasis Dancer's answers have been a very good second at Kempton in a Cl4 over 7f behind the 99 rated Primaeval (favuorite of that race). Oasis Dancer was once again prominent, chased leader 3f out, closed to lead well over 1f out, headed and one pace just inside final furlong. So probably he doesn't like that much that final furlong especially at this stage of his career and so he was switched to a 6f Cl4 condition stakes race at Wolverhampton last time out and, with the same mark of 92 he had already at Kempton in his previous start, he destroyed the field winning comfortably by 4l over Piscean (rated 92) and a bunch of horses rated 98-100 (all carrying the same 8-11 weight of course). During that race Oasis Dancer chased the leader Bajan Tryst and once shaken up over 1f out he went on winning easily. His mark today's gone up to 98 of course but I can't see any reason why he should have problems with that mark over this trip in this contest since he is still an unexposed sprinter at this level. The main rival looks Capone who achieved a good success over C&D lto beating Dickie's Lad (rated 88) by hd with a strong finish. Also Capone goes up to 96 from 92 and Hayley Turner will ride him today. She already won with this 7yo trained by Scott Dixon 4 times but in weaker contests (best winning mark was 85 last summer at Kempton). I rate Oasis Dancer a better horse with more room of improvements over this trip and in this kind of races so I'm happy to oppose Hayley Turner's raider. There are of course 10 more opponents and some of them could be a surprise. For example Googlette is 2-2 on AW and carries just 8-9 (10lb less than Oasis Dancer) with Luke Morris on board but this is a way stronger race and both Googlette (she has just turned 4 and so is the youngest in the group) and the others make little appeal today.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January *Key Gold - Lingfield 12:10* Mark Johnston horse that has not run in 88 days but this looks a very winnable maiden and it would not have to show a lot of improvement to make a bold bid. Was 5th of 11 when last seen in a Class 4 maiden at Nottingham @ 25/1, this represents a drop in Class from Class 4 to Class 5, and Fanning takes the mount. Worth a go. *1 Point WIN @ 3/1 Betfred BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 3.20 Lingfield A couple last time out winners of claimers in Bawaardi and Marajaa and Nibani who all ought to find this tougher against better handicappers. One Way Or Another has been a revelation this winter, having been claimed from the Gask yard Evans has got this horse fine tuned proving he can bring his improvement back into handicaps last time out but not sure he wants returning to a mile and that is off putting today. Titan Triumph has been running into form recently and looked right to his best last time out when chasing home the rapily improving Lockantanks, only 1lb higher today and remains very well treated having won off a 2lb higher mark and has won off a 13lb higher mark previously, stall 10 slightly off putting but the fact he will be held up perhaps isnt as first looks given a good gallop should be on the table with Dens Gift in the field. The other that interests me is Honey Of A Kitten who made a promising debut for the Evans yard. Been bought over from Ireland where he had shown nothing since winning a made at Cork but mark tumbled and if buidling upon lastest effort has to be of interest off same mark and with useful apprentice taking off a handy 5lb. 1pt win Titan Triumph 11/4 bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 7th January 12:35 Thurles - Quel Esprit - Back Had been slightly frustrating and unfortunate when falling or being brought down 3 times in a row. However, he put that all behind him when winning easily lto. He jumped really fluently and travelled strongly throughout. A repeat of that performance should see him win this 1pt win @ 2/9 Paddy Power BOG