** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec

fintron

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 13:50 Catterick Monsieur Jourdain Win (5,00) WilliamHill Monsieur Jourdain won a simular race, back in november by 3 1/2l. He goes up 7lb but are still among the most promising horses in this field. He will need to jump his best and judged by his win at wetherby, his current form could easilly overcome his weights. Monsieur Jourdain recent form. 1-3-8-2-1 The jockey McGrath are a regular on this gelding. He won 7 out of his 49 chase runs this season. Two on this horse.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 1:50 Catterick Quel Ballistic @ 7/2 Boylesports Eyecatcher last time when finishing strongly when stepped up to 2 miles 7 furlongs, was 2nd that day to Monsieur Jordain and is 7lb better off with that rival today. The extra few furlongs again today look sure to suit, is still open to improvement after only 3 chase starts and the trainer is in brilliant form recently. Was hoping for a better price but 7/2 seems fair about his chance.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 3.30 Southwell Frognal took a step in the right direction last time out but had 3 starts at this venue and struggled to beat a rival on all 3 starts so has to be a no go returned to here. Elusive Warrior is a 10 time course winner 9 times CD but paying for consistency with the handicapper at the moment and last 2 starts at this venue have been disappointing. Daffydownlily has upped her game recently and has proved consistent recently but run style not ideal for this surface and has to prove effectiveness on the surface from a wide draw aswell. Cyflymder should be hard to beat on the form he showed last week over CD only found a heavily punted St Oswald to much but stayed on well enough and put enough daylight between himself and the rest of the field to suggest he could pick up a race on this surface. That was his fibresand debut and runs off the same mark again today and dangerously well treated on 3yr old form having majorly gone off the boil since then when winning off a mark 88 now running off 60 and if that was a turnaround last time out could walk this aslong as breaking well like he did last time out from stall 1 as he will need to against the rail. 1pt win Cyflymder 2/1 lads

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 2.30 Southwell Desert Icon 14/1 VC Bet Think this will be the first time the horse has been tried over the minimum distance and is probably the only track he may get away with it. He often starts slowly and finishes well and to me showed last time out that he is in form. He travelled well and was short of room at a vital stage before staying on well. I think for him to get involved here, they will have to go quick up front which they almost certainly will do. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one be outpaced right at the back before coming through the pack. He can however travel pretty powerfullly in his races, and is he can break on terms he may just stay on better than anything else. He proved a couple of months that he handles the track when he finished well beaten behind Dr Red Eye. I think that day it was more a case of him not staying. I think he could definitely be up to providing a shock here.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec Catterick 1:50 Daldini fits the bill here for me having looking like a winner waiting to happen of late. Two good seconds last two races, going down by narrow margins. Stays the trip, likes the ground, still well handicapped (13 pounds lower than best win) and Shane Byrne takes off 3 pounds. Eighteen Carat and Quel Ballistic look the chief threats! Daldini WIN @ 4/1 Paddy Power BOG :hope

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 2.30 Southwell SHAWKANTANGO - loves it round here having won 4 times over CD ran two shockers last time though needs to bounce back hopefully a break helped and has come on from recent run at wolves where he was there for a gallop when kept out back, price too big for a 4 time CD winner 1pt win 16/1 willhill

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 2:50 Catterick - Storm Surge - 1pt @ 9/1 (Ladbrokes) Storm Surge comes here as a horse who seems very well in himself of late and with a bit of luck, he should run a good race in what looks to be a modest contest. Martin Todhunter's 8-year-old grey will have to defy a mark higher than anything he has ever won off before but that doesn't seem to be an impossible task if recent efforts under the capable Lucy Alexander are anything to go by. I'm also sure that, if racing prominently, he'll love the experience of running around this track from the front (ran a cracking race when held-up over C&D last year) and he could prove to be very hard to peg back depending on if he gets the chance to kick for home and get the opposition on the stretch. On his penultimate outing, Storm Surge ran out a convincing winner off an 8lb lower mark over 2m 1f at Kelso. In the end, he won by 3-lengths having jumped very well (until a mistake at the last) and made the running at a very solid tempo from the fifth fence onwards. I think he deserves extra credit for going off quite hard and keeping up to his work, although the track rewards such tactics quite often, so he may be slightly flattered. Obviously an 8lb rise in the weights isn't going to be the easiest thing to overcome but he looks to have everything to suit here and it's not a great contest. The Kelso race also looks to be quite decent form and although he re-opposes a few of that field on worse terms, I don't believe that they'll turn it around too easily at this track. Storm Surge showed himself to be in good knick on his only run since, which came over 2m 4f at the stiff Newcastle track. I just don't think he was ever going to get home over that trip, at that track, on soft ground and the fact that he ran so well until they turned for home must be taken as a big positive. He didn't seem to have too hard a race once beaten and now effectively takes a step back in class to tackle weaker opposition. My judgement of how good inexperienced jockeys are wouldn't be the best but Lucy Alexander looks very good value for her 7lb claim and she can clearly get a tune out of this fellow. She's 2-6 for the Todhunter yard and they're in fine form of late with 3 winners and a second from their last 10 runners. Todhunter doesn't have a great record at this track but at least the horse should be ideally suited to it and the 9/1 about him looks too big. I could be very wrong, but I think he should be the favourite here. Regardless, medium win stakes will do and hopefully he will go well. He certainly should if he isn't forced to go off too fast, which is a possibility. The horse doesn't have to lead though and that gives him plenty of options, although I wouldn't be keen on his chances if he's held up.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec Shawkantango - 2.30 Southwell I don't mean to copy Dtrains selection but I think that this horse could provide a shock today, providing it can find it's form again. *It has had two poor runs but it came back from a break last time out so hopefully it will do better this time out. It loves the course, winning 4 out of 5 over course and distance and I think because of that excellent record it should be in with of a shot. I'd be tempted to go each-way on this horse because it's last two runs have been poor Shawkantango E/W @ 14/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec C12.20 Sambelucky 1pt Win 13/2 Betfred This horse won the race last year off an 8lb lower mark but the subsequent efforts of the 2nd that day suggest that todays mark is still a winnable one. The really appealing thing here in addition to the c&d win is that todays jockey was on board for that win which is usually crucial in these amateur riders races where many of the pilots are hugely inexperienced. The fact that todays jockey has guided the horse to its only ever win looks to be a major positive and the horse looks sure to be there or thereabouts.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 3.30 Southwell Unwrapit ran well the last time she was tried over this C/D and was running on over 6F lto. Stable looks to be coming into form after a big priced winner and this horse is unexposed on this surface. Bit of money for her this morning which is significant and this looks like a good opportunity against some exposed horses. 1 Pt win 7/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 1.40 Folkestone: Hollow Blue Sky EW (14/1 VCBet) This one is quite well regarded and certainly hasnt shown his best yet in his two runs over hurdles, some late progress last time was promising and now stepping up to this 2m6f trip should see him in much better light. His first run behind Jump City reads quite well and looks to have most to fear from the King horse Monturgeon. I think Hollow Blue Sky is over priced at 14/1 and represents a bit of value.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec shawkantango , 14/1 ladrokes E/W 2:30 southwell great strike record at this track , a young horse with a lot of ability and experience . many good horses in this race and could be very close and interesting , if things pan out well thought everychance this horse can frame , and for 14/1 im certianly willing to take that gamble , kick on boy !

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 1.30 Southwell: Twice Red 1pt win @ 16/1 Ladbrokes Derek Shaw's runner here is completely unexposed only having had three starts to date. The best of which is undoubtedly debut effort when a convincing winner over C&D. Has been seen twice since in handicap company, the first time at Wolves when ran well enough considering the drop to 5f looked to go against the horse and LTO when stone last at Chester after a slow start - both of which are races which can be overlooked in my opinion. Having proven effectiveness over C&D and from what now looks a very workable handicap mark based on that debut victory, I really think this horse appears overpriced at current 16/1 as it could easily leave previous handicap form well behind here under ideal conditions.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec Sou 2.00 - Bianca de Medici - win at 6/4 bog bet365 Only 5 runners for the fillies handicap Three of them have no track experience. One is coming back from 18 months off The Post have gone for Dazakhee who's a dual CD winner but she's still 8lbs above last winning mark and is up in class. Happy to take that one on My selection acts on the track having finished 2nd and 3rd in two runs here. She has a 'getting closer' profile over the last 3 runs and comes out top on speed figs Her wins have been at 6/7 furlongs but I think she'll get the mile here in a small field and might just have too much pace in the finish for the others

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec Tregaro Catterick 12.50 0.5pt EW 7/1 Lads Beaten favourite last time out but I setup an alert for him after the race. Well beaten by On Gossamar Wings who appeared to be well handicapped and given a good ride by Graham Lee. Tregaro wasn't really put in the race by Denis O'Regan so he didn't have a hard race and he came home well to finish 2nd. That was over today's course and distance. There's a few decent types in this race but at 7/1 and a small field he's worth an eway as he appears to still be on a good mark.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 19 Runs and still not a win for J P McAllen's 9yr old gelding, he was 3rd last time out but still ran a good race, today he might get his first win over this shorter trip of 2m. Both trip and ground should be fine for him and i hope he gets his day if not today then VERY soon. Jockey E F Power makes the trip for this one ride. Folkstone 3:10 - Black Mac. 1pt win 7/2 Sky bet. Enjoy your day.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 3.10 Folkestone - 1pt win Promised Wings @ 4/1 (Boyles) Shown much more recently and is proven over the distance and relishes soft ground. Was a bit unlucky when staying on dourly to be 2nd to Not So Sure Dick in October before also finishing in that position next time - going even closer. Last time out, was pitched into a nice race, but a return to a 0-105 contest will suit much more and can get off the mark over hurdles here.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec 3:20 Chesta @ Catterick - Held up at the back on debut last month at Musselburgh when running wide on the home turn and unseating the rider.Jockey Brian Toomey claims 5lb and traner doesn't have many national hunt horses.Can go close at a big price 0.5 pt e/w @ 28/1 @ Boylesports

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 13th Dec

1.40 Folkestone: Hollow Blue Sky EW (14/1 VCBet) This one is quite well regarded and certainly hasnt shown his best yet in his two runs over hurdles, some late progress last time was promising and now stepping up to this 2m6f trip should see him in much better light. His first run behind Jump City reads quite well and looks to have most to fear from the King horse Monturgeon. I think Hollow Blue Sky is over priced at 14/1 and represents a bit of value.
Afraid I may have put the kiss of death on this by awarding it best turned out! :\