Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December

Spooner

Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif St Johnstone v Aberdeen (19:45 GMT) 2.28 3.4 3.8 99.59 %
maximize.gif Forfar Athletic v Stirling Albion (19:30 GMT) 1.82 3.75 4.33 104.69 %
maximize.gif Queens Park v Clyde (19:30 GMT) 2.2 3.6 3.17 104.78 %
maximize.gif Elgin City v Peterhead (19:45 GMT) 1.8 3.64 4.33 106.11 %

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December

Event Elgin City - Peterhead
Selection Elgin City
Strength 10/10
Date 13/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.93
Reasoning I think Elgin City has all to win the three points in this derby game. This is a postponned game due to weather conditions, and beside this game Elgin City also has another postponned game to play, against Annan. If they win the two games they will be the second placed just two points behind the leader. Like this, motivation is very high at the hosts. Peterhead is the bottom placed and they have no wins in the last ten games, beside being the worst defence of the Division 3. If Elgin City takes this game seriously and concentrate they won't have problems in win the three points.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December St.Johnstone> Aberdeen= under (1.66) bet365 stake 6 / 10 St Johnstone position 4° points 26 Aberdeen position 10° points 14 Preview: St Johnstone: in doubt: Moon (midfielder 13 / 0); Injured Sheridan (striker 13 / 4), Morris (11 midfielder / 0), Wright (defender 13 / 0); fall: Francisco Sandaza (striker 13 / 6). Aberdeen: Suspended Fyvie (midfielder 14 / 1); in doubt: Folly (midfielder 0 / 0), Fallon (striker 9 / 1). The St. Johnstone has a score in-house w3-d1-l4 goals scored 10 goals against 11 while Aberdeen has a score out of the house w0-d2-l6 goals scored 4 goals against 14. The St. Johnstone lost the last home match with a score of 0-3 against Motherwell and Aberdeen drew the last home match with a score of 2-2 against St Mirren. The St. Johnstone won promotion in the 2008/2009 season and is now looking to stay long in the top flight. The Aberdeen is the only team that has not won away from home, the championship has been played so far disappointing, disastrous and negative. In the last period both teams showed problems in the offensive department. I expect eventually a balanced game with few goals from actions. Record this season away from home for Aberdeen: 0-2-6. Francisco Sandaza is the leading scorer for St. Johnstone with 6 goals. Scott Vernon has made ​​6 to Aberdeen. In the last 14 games with St. Johnstone who was playing at home, St. Johnstone won 5 times, I have matched Aberdeen has won 5 and 4. The goal difference is 13-11 in favor of St. Johnstone. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December St Johnstone vs Aberdeen Selection: Over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) Reason: This is a bit of an optimistic bet considering the stats probably point towards under 2.5, especially considering that the last 6 fixtures between these two have produced less than 3 goals, two of those ending in a 0-0 draw. Both teams will be desperate not to lose but also both desperate to win especially with St Johnstone comin off the back of a heavy home loss and of course Aberdeen need to start winning somewhere and somehow to get away from the bottom of the table. I can see this game being wide open and thus leading towards plenty of goals. Aberdeen's attacking threat was a lot better at the weekend and this is probably the perfect opportunity to grab some goals against a St J side that conceeded 3 goals at the weekend. Defensively Aberdeen are still prone to errors and with Sheridan and Sandaza likely to play for St J tonight, they will cause all sorts of problems for our defence, especially if Considine doesn't make it.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Queen's Park vs Clyde Selection: Queen's Park to win @ 6/5 (Boylesports) Reason: Two teams who seem to be safe from relegation already with both of them being 12 points clear of the drop but also won't be pestering the front runners of the league. Queen's Park have a decent enough home record whilst Clyde won only their 2nd time on the road this season against Berwick on Saturday which will undoubtedly give them a bit of confidence going into tonight although Queen's Park is a bit of a bogey team for them having only won just twice in six fixtures against Queen's Park (they have lost the last four). The extra incentive of going above Clyde with a win tonight gives the edge towards the home side in this game for me.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December StuSimmy. I agree with the likeyhood of goals in the Aberdeen match as long as Sandaza plays, I've heard that his strike partner Sheridan is out. Without them St Johnstone are pretty toothless in front of goal. It'll be a very tight game either way so I am tempted to have a go on Aberdeen with a handicap. About the Queens Park Clyde game, remember there's no relegation in division 3! Think you might be a bit dismissive of Clyde's quality too, I can see them rising in the table throughout the winter. They've got a quality manager and have made a few loan signings recently.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Queen's park vs CLYDE....away DNB @ 6/4...Willy Hilly....stakes 1/10...the main reason I'm picking this one is the price.I think 6/4 is a little off whack and holds some value.Clyde beat Berwick away at the weekend 2-0 after a 3 week rest.During that time they made 3 new signings,Jason White,Jason Marr and Pat Scullion and had keeper David Crawford on loan. They have lost one out of 6 away and the Spiders have won 2 out of 6 at home.The bully wee have scored 7 and conceded 3 and queen's park are 8 and 6. Against Berwick, Clyde hit the post twice and by all accounts should have won by more.This match could go either way and could be tight but the price tempts me to think that the away side may come away with at least a point....

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December St Johnstone vs Aberdeen Saints are playing much better away matches, as has been proven last weekend when they lost vs Motherwell at McDiarmid Park. They haven't played bad, but opponent was more direct and specific attacking team. So now Well has 7 points advantage, which Lomas wants to cut with eventual winning his team tonight before game against Celtic on Sunday. On the other hand, Aberdeen is still in danger area as they failed to beat St Mirren in the previous round. That which can encourage them is fact that played a solid game where referee's mistakes and 2nd amazing away goal have cost them for all three points. However, the Dons are one of two teams in the country who don't have away win yet. Captain mf Morris, fw Sheridan and df Wright are again missings and mf Moon is very doubtful for home team. But good news is that top scorer Sandaza is back in team. Aberdeen experienced coach Brown will be without suspended young mf Fyvie, long term injured Foly and fw Fallon is doubtful. mf Arnason and df Considine are both struggling with colds, but will be ready. There were only five goals in last five matches of these teams in Perth and it points to under, but... We have here two teams that want to win in order to improve impression from Saturday. Saints are boosted with return of top scorer, and the Dons want to finally reach first victory on the road. The McDiarmid Park wouldn't be a strong support for home team and there will probably be precipitation tonight. Indeed it seems difficult to guess who will win, but I expect we'll see some goals in an interesting game. Maybe over, but I prefer 2 or 3 goals here. GL :cigar 2 or 3 @1,95 bet365 2/10

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Above is a copy of my post from last week.Not much has changed on the Clyde front except Steven McDonald (3 goals) is free from suspension and should strengthen The bully wee's cause.I think the price on QP is still too low for a team that has won 33% of their home games against a team that are unbeaten in 83% of their away games.....

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Many may think I am mental for backing Peterhead tonight but I am really tempted by the 10/3 being offered by Stanjames. Although I maybe more likely to play the dnb market. Peterhead have looked much more solid in recent weeks and it seems they have gotten theyre defence up to scratch which could prove pivotal as they have one of the best attacks in the league. Both Bryan Deasley and Rory McAllister should be playing at a higher level than the 3rd Division. If this match was being priced at the start of the season purely based on squad strengths then Peterhead would be around 7/4 for the away win. Elgin havent been on their best form recently and have a few key players out tonight. I can see Peterhead gaining at least a draw in this fixture. And that 10/3 is definitely value for the away win.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December St Johnstone v Aberdeen Giving this one the wide berth, fellas. Looks to me like quite possibly the hardest game to call of the SPL season so far. St Johnstone's lack of depth was cruelly exposed at the weekend, and with Frazer Wright, Kevin Moon, Jody Morris and Cillian Sheridan all still on the sidelines, the heart of the team has been ripped out. Francisco Sandaza's likely return is a boost and you can guarantee there'll be no lack of effort and organisation from the boys in blue. The Dons have got key players back in the ranks, but the truth is they're so unpredictable they have to be avoided. They have no away wins to their name this season and every time they take a step forward (going 2-0 up early v St Mirren on Sat) they end up taking two steps back (ie, finishing 2-2 on Sat). They're at their most vulnerable when they seem most in control - how can you get involved with a team like that? It's going to be a wild night in Perth. I'm down the road in Edinburgh, where it's "Hurricane Bawbag" territory, and can't imagine it's much better up there. Good luck if you play. See you at the weekend :ok

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December St. Johnstone - Aberdeen: St. Johnstone @ 2.40 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 St. Johnstone is in 4th place with 26 points and Aberdeen is in 10th place with 14 points. The host's home record (3-1-4) is on the weak side but 2 of the losses have come against Rangers and Motherwell which are teams higher in the table. St. Johnstone's form in the last 8 has been solid with a record of 4-2-2. Aberdeen is having a difficult season. The team's form in the last 8 is 2-2-4 and it has the worst away record (0-2-6). St. Johnstone has a 4-3-1 record when hostin Aberdeen. There isn't much that recommends Aberedeen's ability to get anything here. Given the teams' performance thus far I find the odds for St. Johnstone's win worth the risk of the bet.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Queens Park v Clyde Pick: Clyde DNB @ 2.50 with bet365 Looking at both teams' stats you will notice that both teams are level on points and with not much too lose being 12 points far from the first relegation place, though Queens' Park has a game in front then their opponents, having lost a few days ago away to 2nd placed Annan Athletic - which doesn't make too much difference to why I am looking to back Clyde at this game. The one thing that gives me this trust -that Clyde won't lose this one - it's their away form, not the best in the league, but the fact that they've conceded just 3 goals away from home in 6 games, scoring 7 and lost only once, that being away to the league leaders where they narrowly lost 1-0, a form that shows quite clearly the fact that they are mobilizing very well away from home. Also, with one game in hand,Clyde could easily get a play off position in the weeks to come This pretty much are the reasons to why I'll be going for a DNB option at a very good odd.

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Saint Johnstone - Aberdeen Weather is awful in Scotland so it is quite unsure if the game will be played or not, but still both teams have some misses, Morris and Moon out for St. Johnstone. Aberdeen sens midf. Fylikie and Artnason plus defender Considine. I believe that weather is so afwul that it wont matter what are the lineups so i am going for under 2.25 under 2.25 @ 1.87 sbobet Forfar Athletic - Stirling Albion Same reasons as in previous bet, conditions bad, hence surely not many goals will be scored. under 3 @ 1.95

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Forfar Athletic vs Stirling Albion X @4.20 Ok, so bottom of the table clash here, Stirling 2 points behind Forfar. Forfar have drawn 5 out of their last 6 games, Sitrling have lost 5 of their last 6 and drawing one, against Airdire. Forfar surely must be favourites to win here and bookies are giving odds of 1.66 for a home win. In my opinion though, I see terrific value for Stirling to nick a draw here at very favourable odds of 4.2, they know if they are going to be able to pick up any more points on the road it will be against teams such as Forfar and I think they will put up a fight here tonight. Also, the teams havent actually drawn aganst each other for over 10 years, so im gonna take a gamble on this one out of pure value. 5pt stake for me

Re: Scotland > Midweek Football > 13 December Under 2.5 is a good bet for St J v Aberdeen tonight I reckon, not many goals usually bewteen these 2 and the weather up here right now is horrendous. The game might not even go ahead, but if it does i'll be expecting a scrappy match.. Weather conditions will only add to this. Good luck :ok

StuSimmy. I agree with the likeyhood of goals in the Aberdeen match as long as Sandaza plays, I've heard that his strike partner Sheridan is out. Without them St Johnstone are pretty toothless in front of goal. It'll be a very tight game either way so I am tempted to have a go on Aberdeen with a handicap. About the Queens Park Clyde game, remember there's no relegation in division 3! Think you might be a bit dismissive of Clyde's quality too, I can see them rising in the table throughout the winter. They've got a quality manager and have made a few loan signings recently.
Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciated :ok I didn't have a thorough look at the injury news before but hopefully there will still be plenty of goals. The weather sounds pretty horrible down in Perth so both teams could be prone to more errors due to this as well. As for the other game I know there isn't relegation I should have worded my reasoning better by saying they were clear of "bottom" rather than "the drop". I'm not a massive follower of the lower divisions so a lot of my basis is purely on recent form and the head 2 head form. I just thought anything over Evens was a good punt for Queen's Park hence why I have bet on them to win.

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen Saints are playing much better away matches, as has been proven last weekend when they lost vs Motherwell at McDiarmid Park. They haven't played bad, but opponent was more direct and specific attacking team. So now Well has 7 points advantage, which Lomas wants to cut with eventual winning his team tonight before game against Celtic on Sunday. On the other hand, Aberdeen is still in danger area as they failed to beat St Mirren in the previous round. That which can encourage them is fact that played a solid game where referee's mistakes and 2nd amazing away goal have cost them for all three points. However, the Dons are one of two teams in the country who don't have away win yet. Captain mf Morris, fw Sheridan and df Wright are again missings and mf Moon is very doubtful for home team. But good news is that top scorer Sandaza is back in team. Aberdeen experienced coach Brown will be without suspended young mf Fyvie, long term injured Foly and fw Fallon is doubtful. mf Arnason and df Considine are both struggling with colds, but will be ready. There were only five goals in last five matches of these teams in Perth and it points to under, but... We have here two teams that want to win in order to improve impression from Saturday. Saints are boosted with return of top scorer, and the Dons want to finally reach first victory on the road. The McDiarmid Park wouldn't be a strong support for home team and there will probably be precipitation tonight. Indeed it seems difficult to guess who will win, but I expect we'll see some goals in an interesting game. Maybe over, but I prefer 2 or 3 goals here. GL :cigar 2 or 3 @1,95 bet365 2/10
1:2 :clap +1,9 :cigar:cigar:cigar

Under 2.5 is a good bet for St J v Aberdeen tonight I reckon, not many goals usually bewteen these 2 and the weather up here right now is horrendous. The game might not even go ahead, but if it does i'll be expecting a scrappy match.. Weather conditions will only add to this. Good luck :ok
Ah well, 92min goal makes it go over.. Congrats to everyone who was on the overs :clap

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen Selection: Over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) Reason: This is a bit of an optimistic bet considering the stats probably point towards under 2.5, especially considering that the last 6 fixtures between these two have produced less than 3 goals, two of those ending in a 0-0 draw. Both teams will be desperate not to lose but also both desperate to win especially with St Johnstone comin off the back of a heavy home loss and of course Aberdeen need to start winning somewhere and somehow to get away from the bottom of the table. I can see this game being wide open and thus leading towards plenty of goals. Aberdeen's attacking threat was a lot better at the weekend and this is probably the perfect opportunity to grab some goals against a St J side that conceeded 3 goals at the weekend. Defensively Aberdeen are still prone to errors and with Sheridan and Sandaza likely to play for St J tonight, they will cause all sorts of problems for our defence, especially if Considine doesn't make it.
Queen's Park vs Clyde Selection: Queen's Park to win @ 6/5 (Boylesports) Reason: Two teams who seem to be safe from relegation already with both of them being 12 points clear of the drop but also won't be pestering the front runners of the league. Queen's Park have a decent enough home record whilst Clyde won only their 2nd time on the road this season against Berwick on Saturday which will undoubtedly give them a bit of confidence going into tonight although Queen's Park is a bit of a bogey team for them having only won just twice in six fixtures against Queen's Park (they have lost the last four). The extra incentive of going above Clyde with a win tonight gives the edge towards the home side in this game for me.
2/2 thanks to a late goal, not bad going :nana

2/2 thanks to a late goal' date=' not bad going :nana[/quote'] Played! Managed to get on Aberdeen DNB myself. Hoping this is the start of better things for Aberdeen, really liked Jack being back in midfield and Osbourne looked solid at right back. Only worry is that Fallon still looks a bit off the pace, maybe its time to give Chalali more of a chance.

Played! Managed to get on Aberdeen DNB myself. Hoping this is the start of better things for Aberdeen, really liked Jack being back in midfield and Osbourne looked solid at right back. Only worry is that Fallon still looks a bit off the pace, maybe its time to give Chalali more of a chance.
Just noticed your reply now, cheers mate! Yeah hopefully, I did like Jack in midfield and Ozzy at right back despite being a bit worried before kick off, unsure how often he will stick with that but hopefully he keeps it the same against Hibs this weekend. Jack gives us extra legs in midfield whereas I think he is too similar to Foster when playing full back and it's pretty dangerous playing two attacking full backs. Agree with Fallon also and I do rate Chalali despite him not netting for us yet, his time will come though. Looks a right tricky player.