** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

Jase82

Wednesday 14 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Besiktas JK v Stoke City (18:00 GMT) 2.04 3.45 4 103.01 %
maximize.gif Dynamo Kyiv v Maccabi Tel Aviv (18:00 GMT) 1.25 6 12.5 104.67 %
maximize.gif FC Zürich v FC Vaslui (18:00 GMT) 3.05 3.5 2.32 104.46 %
maximize.gif Lazio v Sporting CP (18:00 GMT) 1.62 3.95 5.7 104.59 %
maximize.gif Paris Saint-Germain v Athletic Bilbao (18:00 GMT) 1.65 3.9 5.55 104.27 %
maximize.gif Slovan Bratislava v FC Red Bull Salzburg (18:00 GMT) 5 3.7 1.76 103.85 %
maximize.gif Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moscow (20:05 GMT) 1.98 3.5 4 104.08 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Odense BK (20:05 GMT) 1.25 6.25 16.5 102.06 %
maximize.gif Maccabi Haifa v FC Schalke 04 (20:05 GMT) 2.56 3.4 2.78 104.45 %
maximize.gif SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v AEK Athens (20:05 GMT) 2.08 3.5 4 101.65 %
maximize.gif Steaua Bucuresti v AEK Larnaca (20:05 GMT) 1.56 4.05 6.4 104.42 %
maximize.gif Wisla Kraków v FC Twente (20:05 GMT) 2.72 3.4 2.6 104.64 %

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Some crazy prices as a result of the "must win" factor. Salzburg best price 1.8 to win away in Bratislava? Really?? Bilbao only won there 2-1, and PSG (admittedly not fully focused) were held 0-0. Bilbao went off at 1.92, PSG were 1.5. Vaslui favourites to win in Zurich doesn't look right either. More research to be done....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Slovan Bratislava - Zalzburg
Selection Zalzburg
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.75
Reasoning Slovan Bratislava is one of the worst teams in Europa League this season. After five games the team have only one point and will surely finish in the bottom of Group F. Slovakian league is in winter break for two weeks now, so the team will be in not so good condition for this game either. Zalzburg made a great game in the last round of the Europa League beating PSG at home with 2:0. This result means that three points in Wednesday in Bratislava will for sure qualify the team to the next stage instead of the French team. In the weekend Zalzburg won at home against Admira with 2:1 and the team will travel to Slovakia with even higher moral after this three points. A team without any motivation and which league is in winter break for two weeks is hosting a highly motivated Zalzburg players. The visitors will progress to the next round with a win on Wednesday in a group with Athletic and PSG, which is quite an achievement. Zalzburg won the first game in Austria with 3:0 and I expect another easy win fot the favorites here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Fulham -1.5 (AH) @ 1.73 (188 bet) Odense BK are having a poor season by their standards, sitting 8th out of 12th in the Danish league. They have not been impressive either in the Europa League, winning only one game and losing the rest, and playing poorly for the most part. They are out of the competition, and have only pride to play for, whilst Fulham need a win to ensure they qualify for the next round. Wisla Krakow play away to Twente, who have already won the group, and if Wisla get a better result than Fulham then they will go through. For this reason I think Jol will play a strong side. He likes this competition and has treated it with respect whilst at Fulham and earlier at Spurs. It is a good opportunity for Fulham to do well because they are too strong a side to get relegated, so they might as well try and win it rather than resting players. Fulham have looked impressive in the Europa League, particularly in the 4-1 victory against Wisla, in which they played some fantastic football. They have some good attacking players in Dempsey, Zamora, Dembele and Johnson, with Ruiz looking to make an impression as well. These players I mentioned have done well so far in the Europa League. Fulham won the away fixture with relative ease, and they should cover the -1.5 handicap again in this game, with home advantage. There is a class and motivation difference for this game, so I think 1.73 for the -1.5 handicap looks excellent value.

SportFootball (Europa League)
EventSlovan Bratislava - Zalzburg
SelectionZalzburg
Strength10/10
Date14/12/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 1.75
ReasoningSlovan Bratislava is one of the worst teams in Europa League this season. After five games the team have only one point and will surely finish in the bottom of Group F. Slovakian league is in winter break for two weeks now, so the team will be in not so good condition for this game either. Zalzburg made a great game in the last round of the Europa League beating PSG at home with 2:0. This result means that three points in Wednesday in Bratislava will for sure qualify the team to the next stage instead of the French team. In the weekend Zalzburg won at home against Admira with 2:1 and the team will travel to Slovakia with even higher moral after this three points. A team without any motivation and which league is in winter break for two weeks is hosting a highly motivated Zalzburg players. The visitors will progress to the next round with a win on Wednesday in a group with Athletic and PSG, which is quite an achievement. Zalzburg won the first game in Austria with 3:0 and I expect another easy win fot the favorites here.
Thanks for this, didn't realise that the Slovakian league was on winter break. Was aware of the other factors but this makes it a no bet game for me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Sport Football (Europa League) Event Zurich - Vaslui Selection Zurich +0 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.10 Reasoning Zurich don't have chances for the second place in group, but play at home and want show the best football for the supporters, all tickets are sold. Zurich players not played bad in previous matches in this group. Vaslui in this match must play without two the best striker and key central defender, big miss for guests. Zurich in draw no bet option is good choice. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Lazio - Sporting Selection Sporting +0.75 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.15 Reasoning Sporting is in very hot form in last weeks and I can't image easy match for Lazio here, no doubts. Lazio have the same number of points like Vaslui, but I don't see Vaslui win against Zurich and for Lazio draw can give place in 1/16 of Europa League. In last time Lazio not play the best football and Sporting have chances here. Line and odds are too high Sport Football (Europa League) Event Slovan - Salzburg Selection Slovan +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.10 Reasoning Slovan have chances for the one point here. Few persons say about good prizes for Slovan players from Paris, if not lose this match.. Players are motivated. Slovan at home is not easy match up for players like Salzburg and I really can't image comfortable win for guests. Matches in november/december always are very hard on balkans stadiums Sport Football (Europa League) Event PSG - Bilbao Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.90 Reasoning I see minimum 3 goals in this game. Team from Paris must win in this game and the best option is win with few goals margin.. Paris in this moment have the same number of points with Salzburg, but have worse goals balance.. PSG is very motivated before this game, Bilbao have sure first place in this group and not must play defense football. I feel one goal for Bilbao here, don't why, but I feel it. 2:1 or 3:1 Sport Football (Europa League) Event Steaua - Larnaca Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.95 Reasoning I see open match with goals festival. Both teams have chances for the second position in group, both have the same number of points, one point less than second Maccabi. Draw not give anything for both teams here and I see open match. Steaua is favourite of this match and in last matches show good offense skills, Larnaca for sure not go with defense tactic to Bucharest. Over 2.5 is good choice. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Maccabi - Schalke Selection Maccabi Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.20 Reasoning Maccabi before this match is on the second position in group and if take win in this match have sure place in 1/16 of Europa League. Full stadium, full motivation for players. The strongest squad on the grass. Schalke for sure have first position here and go with second squad to Haifa, not take seriously this game. Free 3 points for hosts. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Anderlecht - Lokomotiv Selection Lokomotiv +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 1.85 Reasoning For me Lokomotiv can not lose this match. In last weeks Anderlecht form go down, players not creating good scoring chances, not looked good. Look tired many times. If Anderlecht can be lader of this group, must not lose with more than one goal margin. Lokomotiv go for the win here - 0:1 or draw for me here. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Sturm - AEK Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.00 Reasoning I can image more than 2 goals in this match. Sturm in last league round show hot perfomence against Austria, won 5:1. All tickets are sold before this game. Players play without any stress, want show good offense football. AEK go with second squad, like in match against Anderlecht, but against Anderlecht not looked bad - lost 1:2 only. I see open match with few goals Sport Football (Europa League) Event Fulham - Odense Selection Odense +1.75 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 Reasoning For me Fulham is not a banker or something like that before this game. Fulham form in last weeks is terrible, lucky win at home against Liverpool not change anything. For Odense this is the last match before break and perfect moment to promotion for the players, in last round in league Odense won 4-0 on away. I feel upset here, this is not easy match for Fulham. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Wisla - Twente Selection Wisla Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.40 Reasoning Wisla is good choice. Wisla have chances for the second place in this group, must beat Twente and Fulham can't win against Odense, who know.. Twente don't have any motivation in this match, but for Wisla this is important game - for points, for cash and for the players promotion. I see easy win for Wisla. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Besiktas - Stoke Selection Stoke +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 Reasoning In my opinion Stoke can take one point in this game, odds for Besiktas are too low. Besiktas in last weeks played many matches and players can feel tired, for Besiktas draw is great result in this match, Stoke want take this match seriously and not concended first position in last round. In my opinion draw is very possible result here, but I play more safety x2. Stoke in last match against Tottenham look very good. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Dinamo - Maccabi Selection Over 1.5 HT Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.50 Reasoning In my opinion Over 1.5 in first half is very possible. For Dinamo Kiev this is must win match, Kiev must win this match and Besiktas must lose with Stoke, this is not impossible. Kiev for sure want play offense football since first minute, Maccabi is terrible form and defense not look good in this moment. I can image 2-0 lead after half time for Dinamo. Odds are too high. :hope:hope:hope:hope

Sport Football (Europa League) Sport Football (Europa League) Event Wisla - Twente Selection Wisla Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.40 Reasoning Wisla is good choice. Wisla have chances for the second place in this group, must beat Twente and Fulham can't win against Odense, who know.. Twente don't have any motivation in this match, but for Wisla this is important game - for points, for cash and for the players promotion. I see easy win for Wisla. :hope:hope:hope:hope
Wisla have big missing in defens. They play without Chavez (best c.def), Jaliens (c def.), Czekaj (talent c. def), Pajlic (lef def), Jovanovic (right/c def). Wisla is in small crisis, isn't form so I can't see easy HW, but motivation afeter game is big. For me Lazio and Fulham are good option in this round. GL :ok

I don't see Vaslui win against Zurich and for Lazio draw can give place in 1/16 of Europa League
I don't think that's right mate. Vaslui are ahead of Lazio right now based on UEFA standings. Lazio needs a better result then Vaslui..if Vaslui looses, then yes, Lazio can advance with a draw. But if Vaslui makes a draw, then Lazio needs a win.

Sport Football (Europa League) Event Anderlecht - Lokomotiv Selection Lokomotiv +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 1.85 Reasoning For me Lokomotiv can not lose this match. In last weeks Anderlecht form go down, players not creating good scoring chances, not looked good. Look tired many times. If Anderlecht can be lader of this group, must not lose with more than one goal margin. Lokomotiv go for the win here - 0:1 or draw for me here.
agree that value is on Lokomotiv and that some Anderlecht players are tired at the moment but when when u wrote that they are not creating good scoring chances that's not true; Jovanovic was really unlucky and i even don't talk about De Sutter who hit the post 3 times in last matchs. Important news is that Mbokani is fit and could start, that's good news for Rsca

Sport Football (Europa League) Event Anderlecht - Lokomotiv Selection Lokomotiv +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 14/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 1.85 Reasoning For me Lokomotiv can not lose this match. In last weeks Anderlecht form go down, players not creating good scoring chances, not looked good. Look tired many times. If Anderlecht can be lader of this group, must not lose with more than one goal margin. Lokomotiv go for the win here - 0:1 or draw for me here.
I wouldn't read too much into the last couple of games Anderlecht have played. They were against teams that just really stick ten men behind the ball so it was tough to create anything. And I saw a little of both games. It was very tough trying to play against sides that close the space down very quickly, and limit the amount of space available in the final third. Lokomotiv probably won't play as defensive a game, so it is likely to allow Anderlecht more opportunities to create better chances. But, with both sides already qualified and Lokomotiv set to finish second, it will be interesting to see how many changes are made, which first and foremost will probably decide the outcome of the game.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December I lumped on this morning and thought I would put it on here now but the price has gone. I will put the writes up on at the current prices anyway... Besiktas v Stoke @ 1.95 Stanjames (4 Points) When I first looked at this fixture, my instinct was to pile on Besiktas. Firstly, they have a good home record in this competition so far, thrashing Maccabi and then beating Dynamo Kiev. Secondly, Stoke have now qualified. With a tough xmas fixture list ahead, I'm certain that Pulis will avoid playing any 1st teamers so to give them a rest. The rumour is that a few youth team players are going to be on the bench so 1st teamers don't need to bother travelling. I would have fancied Besiktas to win this game anyway as I have been quite impressed with them and Istanbul is always a tough, hostile place to go. But the fact that Stoke have already qualified and therefore Pulis will be resting as many players as possible, means that I like it even more. There are a few factors which I am wary of which will prevent me from having a max bet. 1: Quaresma their star player could be missing. 2: One point will see both sides qualify. 3: Even with Stoke's reserves their are some dangerous players in the likes of kenwyne Jones and Jerome who will be a threat on set pieces. But overall, I strongly fancy this bet. Besiktas are a good side playing at home in an extremely hard place to go. A win would also see them top the group and they need to earn at least a point to guarantee qualification. Stoke will be up against it here and would find it tough even with a full side. With their second string, I just can't see them getting anything. Dynamo Kiev to beat Maccabi Besiktas (Draw no Bet) v Stoke Double @ 1.70 Bet365 (10 Points) I got on this one this morning and got just over 1.8 for it. The price has now gone but it's still a bet I massively like even at the shorter price. I have already outlined my resoning for Besiktas above and this draw no bet takes away my concerns of the 1 point being too convenient danger. As for Kiev, well I think they are just about the best 1/4 shot you will see. They are a far better side than Maccabi who are rock bottom of the table. Maccabi got thrashed in Turkey, were well beaten at Stoke and a trip to the freezing Ukraine from hot Israel isn't going to improve their fortunes imo. Kiev have a slim chance of qualifying still but they will need a big win here if they are to achieve it. Maccabi are definitely out and I just don't see any other result than a home win. Kiev are a class above, have the home advantage and need a win to stand a chance of qualifying. It isn't an amazing price for a double but I still think it is decent value for the risk involved.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Maccabi Haifa - Schalke 04 Winning over Steaua in last round, Shalke will remain group leader even with loss in Israel. Shalke is playing great in Bundesliga, but will have important home game this weekend against another in-form team -5th placed Werder Bremen. Shalke will be in Israel without their coach Stevens, as he got family problesm and couldnt managed to travel. Also debut between the posts for Shalke will make Timo Hildebrand, who signed with the club before a couple of weeks as free agent. Also Raul, Huntelaar, Holtby and Jones didnt travel with the squad, to be fit and fresh for the derby. Maccabi are 2nd placed in the group with 6 points, but AEK and Steaua got 5 points both of them, so Israel side will need the full pack of points to secre progress in the next stage of the competition. Maccabi lost their last home game in Israel, but before that recoreded 8-2-1 in their last 11 home games. They showed solid performance in Europe so far, beating in 4 straigh games in front of their crowd. 20.10.2011 EUL Maccabi Haifa 5-0 Steaua Bucuresti 15.09.2011 EUL Maccabi Haifa 1-0 AEK Larnaka 17.08.2011 CLQ Maccabi Haifa 2-1 Racing Genk 27.07.2011 CLQ Maccabi Haifa 2-1 NK Maribor I rate strong motivated Maccabi, capable to beat Shalke B squad Maccabi Haifa(-0.25)AH 1.80 @ Ladbrokes

Maccabi Haifa - Schalke 04 Winning over Steaua in last round, Shalke will remain group leader even with loss in Israel. Shalke is playing great in Bundesliga, but will have important home game this weekend against another in-form team -5th placed Werder Bremen. Shalke will be in Israel without their coach Stevens, as he got family problesm and couldnt managed to travel. Also debut between the posts for Shalke will make Timo Hildebrand, who signed with the club before a couple of weeks as free agent. Also Raul, Huntelaar, Holtby and Jones didnt travel with the squad, to be fit and fresh for the derby. Maccabi are 2nd placed in the group with 6 points, but AEK and Steaua got 5 points both of them, so Israel side will need the full pack of points to secre progress in the next stage of the competition. Maccabi lost their last home game in Israel, but before that recoreded 8-2-1 in their last 11 home games. They showed solid performance in Europe so far, beating in 4 straigh games in front of their crowd. 20.10.2011 EUL Maccabi Haifa 5-0 Steaua Bucuresti 15.09.2011 EUL Maccabi Haifa 1-0 AEK Larnaka 17.08.2011 CLQ Maccabi Haifa 2-1 Racing Genk 27.07.2011 CLQ Maccabi Haifa 2-1 NK Maribor I rate strong motivated Maccabi, capable to beat Shalke B squad Maccabi Haifa(-0.25)AH 1.80 @ Ladbrokes
Maccabi has 5 players unavailable themselves so no value in my eyes. Maybe the over has some as Schalke's reserve players will be eager to show something and Haifa is limited in defense too, offensiveley they are good. Schalke's coach Stevens didn't travel to Israel because of a family reason.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Zurich - Vaslui Making Vaslui favorites here is a bad joke. The Romanians have important missings before this game, both up-front and in defense. As a result they will experiment in both compartments with players of a rather poor level. Zurich remains a strong team, no matter of their problems in the Swiss league. The level of football in their country has risen exponentially in the last couple of seasons, and results are coming. Every year we can see teams from Switzerland playing in both the Europa League group stages, as well as the Champions League, and results are becoming better and better. This is the team which defeated Standard Liege in the Champions League earlier this season, only to be defeated by Bayern by a respectable margin. I see no problems for them to control the game, pressure is off, and the win is very achievable. They won't make any favours for the Romanians. Zurich @3.10 StanJames

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Lazio vs Sporting – over 2.5 goals 1.83 at Stan James (2.5 units) It’s more or less a must win game for Lazio, as I don’t think they’ll take any chances on the Vaslui result, so they must go looking for goals in this match. To do so it’s likely the Edy Reja may use a slightly more attacking formation than his norm, with just two rather than three in CM and then a front four of Hernanes, Cisse, Sculli and Rocchi, with the later three all being strikers. Add to this the fact they can call Klose off the bench if things are not going well, and its clear Lazio will have plenty of attacking threat in this match. The problems for Lazio at the moment are in defence, where Konko, Dias, the goalkeeper Marchetti, Radu and Stankevicius are all injured, meaning options are limited. It’s looking likely the youngster Luis Cavanda will start in defence, which would be only his 3rd ever start for Lazio, and Reja may also use Lulic at left back where I don't think he's played for a while. Sporting have taken a weakened squad and whilst it’s true that they don’t need any kind of result, the clubs / managers philosophy and the fact that any youngsters / back up players will no doubt want to try and impress should mean that they will still be trying to put in a good performance, and they probably won’t have to try too hard to score against a side that conceded twice to bottom of the table Leece at the weekend. I won’t be taking it personally, but over 3.5 goals may well be worth some consideration as well. :hope

Event Anderlecht - Lokomotiv Moscow
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.83
Reasoning The two teams already assured the next stage and today's game will be to decide the one who will end the Group in the first place. It is a big motivation as in theory the first placed will get an easier draw in the next stage. Anderlecht appears like favourite, even more after have won in Moscow, but like this, Lokomotiv Moscow has nothing to loose and they know they have to score at least three goals in this game to be leader. Anderlecht is making a wonderful European season and they are also well in the Belgian league. I think both teams will play to win and will assure us goals.

Event Besiktas - Stoke City
Selection Besiktas
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.90
Reasoning Stoke City is already qualified to the next stage of Europa League and it seems they will save some main players to be full concentrate in the Premier League. They will play to win, of course, or at least to draw as they would assure the first place of the Group. Besiktas will be at full strenght as they still at least one point to assure the next stage. And winning, Besiktas will also assure the first place of the Group. Stoke City is not so experienced team in European competitions and playing at Besiktas stadium means big pressure over any opponent.

Maccabi has 5 players unavailable themselves so no value in my eyes. Maybe the over has some as Schalke's reserve players will be eager to show something and Haifa is limited in defense too, offensiveley they are good. Schalke's coach Stevens didn't travel to Israel because of a family reason.
He did not even check out the line-ups. Schalke will play with a very good first eleven. Regular defenders and in attack the coach has mixed some youngsters with reserves with experience like Jurado and Marica.

Wisla have big missing in defens. They play without Chavez (best c.def), Jaliens (c def.), Czekaj (talent c. def), Pajlic (lef def), Jovanovic (right/c def). Wisla is in small crisis, isn't form so I can't see easy HW, but motivation afeter game is big. For me Lazio and Fulham are good option in this round. GL :ok
not only they are missing players, they are also without a coach! HW is pretty risky here

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December PSG - Athletic: PSG @ 1.62 coral; PSG - 1 @ 1.94 sbo PSG must win it and count on Salzburg not to. A bit of speculative bet, but due to predicted lineups, which sees PSG with very competitve team and Athletic, who are btw, already through to the next round and will play without their 5 key players , while also some first teamers will be rested surely. I am taking -1 @ odds around evens, but PSG not consistant enough. I do believe this one should be won, but rather recommend straight win with decent enough odds.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December group D FC Zurich v Vaslui - only Vaslui have motivation, they need win here. - this is last match for Zurich before the winter break. Lazio v Sporting L - home side is only motived in this encounter as they have same points as Vaslui. - Sporting secured first place. - Lazio have a big game vs Udinese on Sunday. group E Besiktas v Stoke - Besiktas need victory to win this group or draw for advancing to the next round. - Stoke already secured advancing to the next round. - Stoke will play two away EPL games in the next 7 days (v Wolves, v Man City). Dynamo K v Maccabi TA - Dynamo need to win and that Turkish losing their match. - Maccabi is without a chance. - this is last match for Kiev before the winter break. group F PSG v Athletic B - Paris need to win this match and a draw or defeat of Salzburg in Bratislava. - Basques are definitely first. - PSG have a big game against Lille on Sunday. Slovan v Salzburg - home team have no chance and this is their last match before the winter break (The Slovak season is over three weeks ago). - Salzburg need to win in this encounter as they have same points as PSG. - Salzburg have a big game versus Austria W on Sunday. group J Maccabi H v Schalke - if Israelis win there is nothing that Steaua or AEK Larnaca can do to stop them. - a draw is good for Maccabi only if in Romania will be a draw, too. - Germans have already won this group and they have a big game vs Werder on Saturday. Steaua v AEK L - team who win here, have a chance only if Maccabi don't win. group K Wisla v Twente - Wisla need to win and that Fuhlam don't win. - this is last game for Krakow side before the winter break. - Twente already won this group. - Dutch will play last this year's match on Sunday against Feyenoord. Fulham v Odense - Fulham need to win for advancing to the next round. - draw will be enough only if Wisla don't win their match. - away team is without chance and Danish season is over 10 days ago. group L Sturm v AEK A - both teams have no chance. Anderlecht v Lokomotive M - Belgians will be the first if they don't lose more than one goal. - Russian season is over nearly three weeks. - Loko need a big win for 1st place in the group.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Zurich - Vaslui For Zurich this is the last game on this year. They are basically already in holiday since they have nothing to play for tonight. Vaslui have a great defense and they will be very eager to win this match. I see a game where Vaslui will continuously attack. Still, I don't rule out the possibility of Zurich scoring a goal but I don't think they will score more and I don't see Vaslui conceiving more then 1 goal tonight so my bet is: Home Team Total Goals 1.5: 2.20 so a Double for me tonight: Zurich - Vaslui -> Home Team Total Goals Home Team Total Goals > 1.5: 2.20 @ Gamebookers Total of 3.19 :hope Gl to all

I lumped on this morning and thought I would put it on here now but the price has gone. I will put the writes up on at the current prices anyway... Besiktas v Stoke @ 1.95 Stanjames (4 Points) When I first looked at this fixture, my instinct was to pile on Besiktas. Firstly, they have a good home record in this competition so far, thrashing Maccabi and then beating Dynamo Kiev. Secondly, Stoke have now qualified. With a tough xmas fixture list ahead, I'm certain that Pulis will avoid playing any 1st teamers so to give them a rest. The rumour is that a few youth team players are going to be on the bench so 1st teamers don't need to bother travelling. I would have fancied Besiktas to win this game anyway as I have been quite impressed with them and Istanbul is always a tough, hostile place to go. But the fact that Stoke have already qualified and therefore Pulis will be resting as many players as possible, means that I like it even more. There are a few factors which I am wary of which will prevent me from having a max bet. 1: Quaresma their star player could be missing. 2: One point will see both sides qualify. 3: Even with Stoke's reserves their are some dangerous players in the likes of kenwyne Jones and Jerome who will be a threat on set pieces. But overall, I strongly fancy this bet. Besiktas are a good side playing at home in an extremely hard place to go. A win would also see them top the group and they need to earn at least a point to guarantee qualification. Stoke will be up against it here and would find it tough even with a full side. With their second string, I just can't see them getting anything. Dynamo Kiev to beat Maccabi Besiktas (Draw no Bet) v Stoke Double @ 1.70 Bet365 (10 Points) I got on this one this morning and got just over 1.8 for it. The price has now gone but it's still a bet I massively like even at the shorter price. I have already outlined my resoning for Besiktas above and this draw no bet takes away my concerns of the 1 point being too convenient danger. As for Kiev, well I think they are just about the best 1/4 shot you will see. They are a far better side than Maccabi who are rock bottom of the table. Maccabi got thrashed in Turkey, were well beaten at Stoke and a trip to the freezing Ukraine from hot Israel isn't going to improve their fortunes imo. Kiev have a slim chance of qualifying still but they will need a big win here if they are to achieve it. Maccabi are definitely out and I just don't see any other result than a home win. Kiev are a class above, have the home advantage and need a win to stand a chance of qualifying. It isn't an amazing price for a double but I still think it is decent value for the risk involved.
Good write up. I agree and have just done the double to be safer. Stoke have had some problems with getting to Turkey as well resulting in a 7 hour trip going to three different airports, instead of a simple 4 hour flight from Manchester as intended.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December group D FC Zurich v Vaslui - cold evening with rain… Lazio v Sporting L - over 10c, but rainy evening… group E Besiktas v Stoke - clear with over 10c… Dynamo K v Maccabi TA - without rain, but very foggy... group F PSG v Athletic B - light rain during the day, clear tonight ... Slovan v Salzburg - clear… group J Maccabi H v Schalke - clear and even 15c tonight in Haifa… Steaua v AEK L - ideal weather in Bucharest... group K Wisla v Twente - sunny all day, tonight Mostly cloudy but without rain and strong wind... Fulham v Odense - cold night, but no rain in west London... group L Sturm v AEK A - without rainfall all day, will be nice evening…. Anderlecht v Lokomotive M - heavy rain during the day, tonight partly cloudy and windy…

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Stoke have travelled (to Asia initially!) with a 15 man squad, likely line-up is going to be something like as follows; Begovic Delap Diao Upson Higginbotham Pennant Arismendi Palacios Jerome Fuller Jones I watched the home game against Besiktas when I bet on Stoke and I was impressed by them, played some good stuff and probably deserved a draw. The defensive changes are going to cause them some problems and they certainly won't be as strong down the centre as they usually are. Fuller will be playing his first game in 7 odd months if he starts and Jones struggles with the service he normally receives, Pennant is a good player but otherwise the midfield looks pretty weak. Besiktas look a good bet to me, Stoke are a team that can dig in and possibly get a draw, but with the guts of the side ripped out they are not the force they would usually be.