** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

FC Zurich v Vaslui Motivation isnt something to stake here. Vaslui without Wesley are nothing special in attack. Zurich will take it as the referee is from... Russia - and the rest is madness. Zurich wins and Vaslui will be yellow carded at least 5 times Lazio v Sporting Lisboa Lazio will take the lead, then if I consider Zurich open a two goals lead will let the spirit fly. Draw Besiktas v Stoke No panic, draw at half time - 0:0 PSG v Athletic Bilbao Many yellow cards on this match Maccabi Haifa v Schalke 04 Possible over 2.5 goals - one of the strongest play for tonight. Ciprian Marica if play for Shalke 04, on target at 3.50 Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moskva Anderlecht win, Lokomotiv players already thinking about vacation
The more sentences write crap, pick will lose - stay cool! :ok

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderlecht vs Lokomotiv Moskva Impossible task for Lokomotiv, not because Anderlecht are strong, simply the rusian team no longer have the games (Rusian League on break since 27 November). Thoughts of the team is on vacation, and there musnt be something else to prove in Belgium. Now with such bad physical condition is unlikely to be able to do something opposed to a team that plays at full speed. Anderlecht play with the basic composition, in question Mbokani. Team has nothing to play for, but to win all the matches in the group not only prestigious, but also profitable. Loko will not play Shishkin, Ibrichich and Loskov. Anderlecht win @ 2.00 Expekt
:puke 5:3 Overated team as always Lokomotiv, oddsmakers really dumb to give evens for Anderlecht - I guess set the lines looking at standings, 1st vs 2nd :lol

Crazy 1.20 Fulham to get the Job done but nothing to special Fulham are solid in this competition at home and our unbeaten record at the cottage goes on to about 15+ games or something ridiculous in this competition. Odense are finished and I thought it would be them rather than Wisla chasing the 2nd sport at this stage. However they have dropped off and travel to London with really their Danish pride to play for. Fulham's odd are crazy. I don't think I have seen us this low for such a fixture. At home we are very strong as I mentioned and inparticular in the Europa league. We started with a slow start drawing against Twente but were rampant against Wisla. The question tonight is can we be rampant again and get 3 or 4 goals. I would like to think we can but I think it will be more of getting a job done and qualifying for the next stage. We play very quick, passing and wide football and I think Jol will get them firing to come out quickly and get that first goal. We are very notoriously bad travelers however we won in Odense and also kept our only clean sheet in the group stage so far. If we can win 2-0 out there and keep a clean sheet I am sure we can do the same on our home turf. I think a clean sheet tonight is also a big thing. Last time we kept a clean sheet at home was QPR at home so thats one thing Jol will want to make sure we do. It will be interesting to see if Zamora starts or not with the rumors going around that hes leaving in January. I also think there is a bit of unsettlement in the changing room that we don't all know about so I wouldn't think the morale of the squad is at its best. If Zamora does not play I still believe we have enough fire power to win this game by 2 or more. Confident we will progress tonight but it might only be by a couple so I would be cautious taking -2, -2,5. -2 Is a push whereas this bet is a win. I will take the profit for slightly smaller odds. Lastly one other point is that we have a HUGE game on the weekend against Bolton at home so if we are 2-0 up and look to be cruising we could rotate our better players and see the game out at 2-0. Fulham -1.5 at 1.725 is a 10/10 for this one. :hope COYW FTID
:@:@:@ Dont care about the bet managed to win anyway on a an unlikely Odense + 2 EH at 8.00. Took 2 units out of the 10 i was going to win. 1) My post pretty much happened in first half where we wernt great but did exactly what it said on the tin. 2) 2nd half shut up shop. Dodgy freekick and then should of seen it off but was a complete differnt team. Inexperience and naiveity let us down. Under Hodgson this would have never happened. 3) Zamora didnt give a *+@$ tonight. 4) Jol tacticless and watch this space saturday. Owen Coyle will be quitely confident. But Bolton are terrible so dont know about that one. Gutted :puke

Fulham V OB Little time to post but purely a value pick for me. Plenty of money around for Fulham today, and expect a fairly comfortable win over a poor OB side. Fulham don't score loads, and don't like backing teams to cover big handicaps, but the value in this price had to be taken. Fulham -2.5AH is 2.425 with Bet365, and Fulham -2EH is generally a 2.625 chance. However it is possible to achieve 2.87 on this bet, by combining as follows: Fulham to win by 3 goals @5.5 - Blue Square Fulham to win by 4 or more @6.0 - William Hill The enhanced price available here is just enough for me to have an interest 1pt Fulham -2EH @2.87
FT 2-2 Wow some upsets tonight.Had the game on in the background, all Fulham in the first half and led 2-0 at HT. Timing of the first OB goal was a killer for my bet, as Fulham became more cautious. The Europa League ain;t been good to me this season, glad I was only playing small stakes.

:@:@:@ Dont care about the bet managed to win anyway on a an unlikely Odense + 2 EH at 8.00. Took 2 units out of the 10 i was going to win. 1) My post pretty much happened in first half where we wernt great but did exactly what it said on the tin. 2) 2nd half shut up shop. Dodgy freekick and then should of seen it off but was a complete differnt team. Inexperience and naiveity let us down. Under Hodgson this would have never happened. 3) Zamora didnt give a *+@$ tonight. 4) Jol tacticless and watch this space saturday. Owen Coyle will be quitely confident. But Bolton are terrible so dont know about that one. Gutted :puke
I REALLY can't believe this result. I had a tripple, that they succesfully ruined. You can't draw a game winning 2-0 HT and up to 60' when you play for a qualification and you must win. I say it was fixed. The price for 2/X must have been insane, and in the HT for a draw as well. :drums FIXERS!

Took your double today as your write up coaxed me to have a flutter' date=' how can a team of good pedigree leading 2-0 half time at home, against a team inferior and with nothing to play for.... have 2 players sent off 2nd half. No matter how good someone analysis any given bets, this is something where the players sent off should be given 30 lashes after the match, for either stupidity of the highest order or taken back handers or for fcuking up my double ;)[/quote'] Mate im really sorry if you lost a bet on mt advice. I backed Besiktas and the result was as i expected. Even with eleven men i expect stoke would have lost in the end. I honestly thought kiev were a shoo in and being 2 0 up at half time would suggest they were. But you cant script them having two men sent off and that is the nature of the betting beast. If anything was certain we would all be millionaires. Overall i have done well in this competition but tonight i was just over 6 points down. Gutted doesnt describe it! Lately i have had some really bad luck. Of course you make your own luck but ultimately i think my bets have been the right ones. Sorry if youbhave lost any money!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Bad, bad night for me with Fulham -1.5 and the Besiktas DNB/Dyanmo double being my bets. They both went disastrously, unpredictably wrong after seeming like they would cruise in. Down 5pts. I am starting to see what people mean about this competition. The Europa League can be a cruel mistress!

Bad, bad night for me with Fulham -1.5 and the Besiktas DNB/Dyanmo double being my bets. They both went disastrously, unpredictably wrong after seeming like they would cruise in. Down 5pts. I am starting to see what people mean about this competition. The Europa League can be a cruel mistress!
Unlucky mate. I think your bets were the right ones but it doesnt always work out that way. Very unlucky on fulham and an another day would have been a winner. Dont lose the faith pal!

Mate im really sorry if you lost a bet on mt advice. I backed Besiktas and the result was as i expected. Even with eleven men i expect stoke would have lost in the end. I honestly thought kiev were a shoo in and being 2 0 up at half time would suggest they were. But you cant script them having two men sent off and that is the nature of the betting beast. If anything was certain we would all be millionaires. Overall i have done well in this competition but tonight i was just over 6 points down. Gutted doesnt describe it! Lately i have had some really bad luck. Of course you make your own luck but ultimately i think my bets have been the right ones. Sorry if youbhave lost any money!
Wisey10..... Think you may have picked up my post wrong, nothing wrong with your post. You gave your opinion of your selections which I agreed with, and you were correct. Unfortunately you cant legislate against stupidity from players at this level being sent off, when the match is finished at half-time. Keep up the good work :ok

Unlucky mate. I think your bets were the right ones but it doesnt always work out that way. Very unlucky on fulham and an another day would have been a winner. Dont lose the faith pal!
Thanks mate, yeah I agree actually, I still think they were the right bets as well. It's easy to lose confidence when strong favourites lose, but of course it happens sometimes. I think I will just be wary of my stakes in the Europa League, as shock results seem to occur quite frequently.

Thanks mate' date=' yeah I agree actually, I still think they were the right bets as well. It's easy to lose confidence when strong favourites lose, but of course it happens sometimes. I think I will just be wary of my stakes in the Europa League, as shock results seem to occur quite frequently.[/quote'] Fulham's price was just crazy, I am wary of such odds and swerve these hot favorites since I was burnt badly when Barca lost to Kazan. There were some good calls in this thread, namely Zurich and Wisla.