** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Sporting, Athletic Bilbao, Shalke, Twente and Stoke are all qualified and all have upcoming matches in their championships this weekend. Some quite important: Twente with Feyenoord, Shalke with Werder Bremen. So I'm guessing(and hoping) that not all the key players will play . Also, most of them are playing away. Betting a small amount on these 5 teams to loose might be worthy, specially since all the teams that they play against need the win to qualify.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Lazio - Sporting Lisbon Lazio has to go for the win, at the same time Sporting has nothing to lose here, will rotate most of the team for this game, and their style of play isn't a defensive one. They can score goals even without using their best players, for example Bojinov will start for them in the attack and we all know the Portuguese style of football is very entertaining. I'm not sure if Klose will start this game, but Sculli,Hernanes and Rocchi are enough to guarantee goals in-front. At the same time they are missing their first choie goalkeeper and both full-backs. I see no reason why this shouldn't be anopen game of football, and over as a good choice. Pick: over 2.5 goals @1.94 PinnacleSports

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December

yes' date=' with regular df Papp and long term injured Canu (df). Another defender Farkas is doubtful.[/quote'] I do not think Farkas is doubtful, but if he is the coach will move Gladstone there, ex-player Sporting.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Dynamo Kiev to win to nil @1.83 Well,it's a last Dynamo's game.Tel-Aviv in very poor form,with new coach and also they didn't travel with strongest line-up so looks like they don't really care about this game.Dynamo kept clean sheet in 4 matches out of last 6.Only concided against Stoke and Metalist.Main keeper Shovkovsky is injured(and it's good as he did many mistakes lately) and young keeper Koval is ok to replace him.Also Dynamo is missing Sheva,Myhalik,Popov and Vukoevich.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Wisla Krakow - Twente Despite being burnt two times in totals (missed penalty and 92 minute goal), i strongly believe this one shuold and would go over. Game itself, Wiala probably with no chances as Fulham should not mess up against lowly OB. They also have big problems at back, as with what i gathered only two defenders fit. Twente also with mixed squad, and that probably means mixed defence and youngsters and non regulars wanting to prove themselves. over 2.5 @1.83 stanjames

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December going to back besiktas very big only thing concerns me is that they need a point so if its 0-0 with 20 mins to go they both will play for a draw which will ensure qualification for besiktas on the other a victory will lead them to the top of the table, stoke have only taken 15 players with them its a diffrent 11 vs spurs and iv heard they had a torrid flight to turkey only getting there last night which is a plus and from what iv heard its better if stoke finish 2nd then 1st based on the teams they will play aslso stoke will get a taste of their medicine with the hostile turkish crowd .. i expect a besiktas victory probably 2-1 GL to all the besiktas backers !!

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Besiktas - Stoke City
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.53
Reasoning Stoke lead that group with two points more than second placed Bsiktas, if Stoke take a point today they will win this group facing weaker opponent in next stage of playoffs. Stoke is in great fit at the moment they defeat Everton 0-1 away, Totthenam 2-1 home in last two games. On the other hand Besiktas is also in good winning strike but they played against weak teams like Maninaspor, Istanbull BB, Orduspor who are not so famous like City opponents. If host team Besiktas take a point today they also will reach next stage taking second place in each way so this game seems to be draw both sides will be pleasant.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Lazio - Sporting Great odds for the BTS. Lazio as known missing two 1first keepers due to injuries (signed Carizzo) and plethora of first choice defenders - in last game poor Bologna scored two against them and had lots of chances to score even more. Sporting mixed team but still imo with a good shot to score at least one, as they are not playing for anything this time around as they are first so they might play open and flowing game. over 2.5 @1.93 sbo

Event Zurich - Vaslui
Selection Vaslui
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.60
Reasoning As we know Zurich is already eliminated of that cup because they have only two points before last six round, while Vaslui is sitting on the second place tied points with Lazio but no matter of goal spread so if Vaslui win they are going in next stage. Zurich are in poor fit they are sitting in relegation zone at local league while Vaslui is on a great winning strike at the moment in Romania. If Vaslui want to go out of this group they should win this game, high motivation at away side, poor motivation at host team. I remember that Vaslui also took a point 2-2 when visited Lazio defeat Sporting 1-0 at home so this club is very strong.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Vaslui is missing main danger in Wesley and Tewnmanjera up-front for this game. They also miss important player Papp in defense. Adailton and Sanmartean are good players also up-front, but Vaslui used to play with all 4 of the above in midfield-forward. I could see quality lacking in finishing balls and this might be a tricky game. I don't know much about Zurich so can't say a lot about Zurich from Swiss point of view but if anyone has some good positive info about them I think Zurich might be a good bet. So far nothing looks good except maybe Fulham tonight :/

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Treble! Wisla Krakow - FC Twente Enschede Wisla Krakow -0.25 AH @ 2.02 (Sbobet) Maccabi Haifa - Schalke 04 Maccabi Haifa -0.5 AH @ 2.02 (Sbobet) Lazio - Sporting Lisbon Under 2.5 @ 2.00 (Sbobet) Total Odds : 8.16 2/10 :hope:hope:hope Good Luck!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December No reasoning but just out of interest gor 3 draws on teams who would be happy even with a draw or let say teams with less interest and already qualified or need a draw to qualify: Besiktas v Stoke draw @3.50 haifa v Shalke draw @3.60 Anderlech v Loko draw @3.40 All singles with bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Also looks like Besiktas is today's public bet.Be carefull as public bets fail most of the time .Everyone says about Stokes B-Squad.Well same squad almost beat D.Kiev away and ended in draw at home.Besikats could only scrap 1-0 win at home against Dynamo.Stoke is very physical team-they will play rugby tonight ;) My call would be draw and under 2.5

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Stoke side:

Begovic Wilko Upson[captain] Higgy Arismendi Diao Palacios Delap Jerome Fuller Jones Not a bad ream actually even though it is a completely different 11 to the last league game. 3 up front with Jones, Jerome and Fuller. Very attacking. It's the 3 in midfield that are the worry though. Palacios is nowhere near fit and Diao is 35 and past it. I can see Stoke being over run in midfield but very dangerous in attack. I still fancy Besiktas but probably wouldn't get involved at current prices.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December These are my bets for tonight and tomorrow evening: Fulham to score 3 or more goals in the match - @ Evens Dynamo Kiev to score 3 or more goals in the match - @ Evens Steaua Bucharest to score 2 or more goals in the match - @ 8/13 Club Brugge v Braga - over 2,5 goals in the match - @ 5/4 Birmingham to win - @ 1/2 Final odds @ over 21/1 with PaddyPower :hope:hope:hope;););):hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December FC Zurich v Vaslui Motivation isnt something to stake here. Vaslui without Wesley are nothing special in attack. Zurich will take it as the referee is from... Russia - and the rest is madness. Zurich wins and Vaslui will be yellow carded at least 5 times Lazio v Sporting Lisboa Lazio will take the lead, then if I consider Zurich open a two goals lead will let the spirit fly. Draw Besiktas v Stoke No panic, draw at half time - 0:0 PSG v Athletic Bilbao Many yellow cards on this match Maccabi Haifa v Schalke 04 Possible over 2.5 goals - one of the strongest play for tonight. Ciprian Marica if play for Shalke 04, on target Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moskva Anderlecht win, Lokomotiv players already thinking about vacation

Not a bad ream actually even though it is a completely different 11 to the last league game. 3 up front with Jones, Jerome and Fuller. Very attacking. It's the 3 in midfield that are the worry though. Palacios is nowhere near fit and Diao is 35 and past it. I can see Stoke being over run in midfield but very dangerous in attack. I still fancy Besiktas but probably wouldn't get involved at current prices.

yeah but do Stoke even need a creative midfield if they're just going to pump long balls to Jones & Fuller? I say this even though I'm regretting backing Besiktas, didnt realise Quaresma & Simao were out at the time

yeah but do Stoke even need a creative midfield if they're just going to pump long balls to Jones & Fuller? I say this even though I'm regretting backing Besiktas' date=' didnt realise Quaresma & Simao were out at the time[/quote'] I wouldn't be worrying too much yet. Besiktas will keep the ball well regardless of Simao and Quaresma out of which I was already aware. On top of this, check out the Stoke bench. Jermaine Pennant who is being hung out to dry (alleged bust up with Pulis) and two youth team kids who are well out of their depth even at reserve standard. Stoke have Palacios and Fuller playing who are well short of fitness. Diego Arismendi making an appearance for the 1st time in months and 35 year old Salif Diao who isn't exactly bursting with match fitness. As the game goes on and Besiktas need a result, half the Stoke side will be blowing out of it's arse. On paper it actually looks a pretty dangerous Stoke side but as the match pans out I think they will start to struggle. Jones and Jerome will be a danger which I was aware of and the back isn't too bad with Upson and Higginbotham. Besiktas are a good side though and by 70 minutes Stoke should be knackered, especially if they aren't getting much position and have had to have been doing a lot of chasing. keep the faith.

I wouldn't read too much into the last couple of games Anderlecht have played. They were against teams that just really stick ten men behind the ball so it was tough to create anything. And I saw a little of both games. It was very tough trying to play against sides that close the space down very quickly, and limit the amount of space available in the final third. Lokomotiv probably won't play as defensive a game, so it is likely to allow Anderlecht more opportunities to create better chances. But, with both sides already qualified and Lokomotiv set to finish second, it will be interesting to see how many changes are made, which first and foremost will probably decide the outcome of the game.
I fully agree, I also watched that heroic performance by OH Leuven at Anderlecht - all efforts were in defense. One can not judge the class of the hosts tonight by a couple of games in domestic league, which on top of that is very competative... Again and again I read posts with picks, where the key support to those picks is the domestic form. I agree it is an indication of the overall form, but as a rule things in Europe change, often big time. Things go far beyond this - wrong results are quoted ( with Besiktas last games ), not to mention the spelling of some team names...Never mind, I wish luck to all... Had a small bet on Besiktas to win - only a small one, as my experience tells me to be careful with Stoke in Europe - got beaten twice with my picks. Also added HT/FT Besiktas - Draw, as a little cover. Good luck again to those who oppose Schalke, I stay away - will not go against a very good German team regardless - the substitutes forward for the Germans are good by all standards, and I also watched Jurado in the national team - simply great. Elsewhere the Over and Goal/Goal in Rome - I followed some good posts above, as well as the Over in PSG. I can not see Wisla winning though, gap in quality is far too big. A very small punt on Twente, as well as HT/FT Home - Away in Krakow and Bratislava. GL all @ McNasara - thanks for the updates, great thing, both on standings and weather!

Event Steaua Bucuresti - AEK Larnaca
Selection Steaua Bucuresti -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.88
Reasoning Steaua Bucuresti need of this three points if they want to secure next stage spot. Steaua is in great fit at the moment they defeat leader in Romania local rival Dynamo Buchuresti 1-3 ten days ago. Steaua is unbeaten at home this season they are very strong homer but lost many points on the road. On the other hand Larnaca doesn't seems to be so strong team after they failed 0-5 at home against Scahke. Larnaca also keep good chances to overrate this group but far from home that is tough aim. Steau will try to score two or three fast goals and waiting for good new of other games in that group I think that will happen today.

yeah but do Stoke even need a creative midfield if they're just going to pump long balls to Jones & Fuller? I say this even though I'm regretting backing Besiktas' date=' didnt realise Quaresma & Simao were out at the time[/quote'] To add to what Wisey has already said, Besiktas have only made 3 changes from their game at the weekend. Three important changes, yes, but still- it's only three players.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Fulham V OB Little time to post but purely a value pick for me. Plenty of money around for Fulham today, and expect a fairly comfortable win over a poor OB side. Fulham don't score loads, and don't like backing teams to cover big handicaps, but the value in this price had to be taken. Fulham -2.5AH is 2.425 with Bet365, and Fulham -2EH is generally a 2.625 chance. However it is possible to achieve 2.87 on this bet, by combining as follows: Fulham to win by 3 goals @5.5 - Blue Square Fulham to win by 4 or more @6.0 - William Hill The enhanced price available here is just enough for me to have an interest 1pt Fulham -2EH @2.87

...as well as HT/FT Home - Away in Krakow and Bratislava.
:D:D:D Slovan 2-0 up in 6 minutes. If the Austrians still win this one, at odds of 25,00 it will pay for all my experiments tonight. It looked dodgy and predictable to me right from the start, I hope I am right. Will take a little Draw cover in-play though, in view of the result in Paris. Do I trust in fair play - I do, but with these two I have my little doubts ( Slovan and Salzburg )... P.S. Nah, 2-2 already...

:D:D:D Slovan 2-0 up in 6 minutes. If the Austrians still win this one' date=' at odds of 25,00 it will pay for all my experiments tonight. It looked dodgy and predictable to me right from the start, I hope I am right. Will take a little Draw cover in-play though, in view of the result in Paris. Do I trust in fair play - I do, but with these two I have my little doubts ( Slovan and Salzburg )...[/quote'] 2-2 now. Will be surprised if you don't win. I rate Slovan a lot at home but they've only got 15 players available for this game due to injuries etc.! I'm all over PSG. Bielsa knows Bilbao's kids will tire so he's playing even younger players in this game. Should be 3-1 with a bit of luck - it's 1-1 atm though.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Anderlecht vs Lokomotiv Moskva Impossible task for Lokomotiv, not because Anderlecht are strong, simply the rusian team no longer have the games (Rusian League on break since 27 November). Thoughts of the team is on vacation, and there musnt be something else to prove in Belgium. Now with such bad physical condition is unlikely to be able to do something opposed to a team that plays at full speed. Anderlecht play with the basic composition, in question Mbokani. Team has nothing to play for, but to win all the matches in the group not only prestigious, but also profitable. Loko will not play Shishkin, Ibrichich and Loskov. Anderlecht win @ 2.00 Expekt

Re: UEFA Europa League > Wednesday 14th December Crazy 1.20 Fulham to get the Job done but nothing to special Fulham are solid in this competition at home and our unbeaten record at the cottage goes on to about 15+ games or something ridiculous in this competition. Odense are finished and I thought it would be them rather than Wisla chasing the 2nd sport at this stage. However they have dropped off and travel to London with really their Danish pride to play for. Fulham's odd are crazy. I don't think I have seen us this low for such a fixture. At home we are very strong as I mentioned and inparticular in the Europa league. We started with a slow start drawing against Twente but were rampant against Wisla. The question tonight is can we be rampant again and get 3 or 4 goals. I would like to think we can but I think it will be more of getting a job done and qualifying for the next stage. We play very quick, passing and wide football and I think Jol will get them firing to come out quickly and get that first goal. We are very notoriously bad travelers however we won in Odense and also kept our only clean sheet in the group stage so far. If we can win 2-0 out there and keep a clean sheet I am sure we can do the same on our home turf. I think a clean sheet tonight is also a big thing. Last time we kept a clean sheet at home was QPR at home so thats one thing Jol will want to make sure we do. It will be interesting to see if Zamora starts or not with the rumors going around that hes leaving in January. I also think there is a bit of unsettlement in the changing room that we don't all know about so I wouldn't think the morale of the squad is at its best. If Zamora does not play I still believe we have enough fire power to win this game by 2 or more. Confident we will progress tonight but it might only be by a couple so I would be cautious taking -2, -2,5. -2 Is a push whereas this bet is a win. I will take the profit for slightly smaller odds. Lastly one other point is that we have a HUGE game on the weekend against Bolton at home so if we are 2-0 up and look to be cruising we could rotate our better players and see the game out at 2-0. Fulham -1.5 at 1.725 is a 10/10 for this one. :hope COYW FTID

I lumped on this morning and thought I would put it on here now but the price has gone. I will put the writes up on at the current prices anyway... Besiktas v Stoke @ 1.95 Stanjames (4 Points) When I first looked at this fixture, my instinct was to pile on Besiktas. Firstly, they have a good home record in this competition so far, thrashing Maccabi and then beating Dynamo Kiev. Secondly, Stoke have now qualified. With a tough xmas fixture list ahead, I'm certain that Pulis will avoid playing any 1st teamers so to give them a rest. The rumour is that a few youth team players are going to be on the bench so 1st teamers don't need to bother travelling. I would have fancied Besiktas to win this game anyway as I have been quite impressed with them and Istanbul is always a tough, hostile place to go. But the fact that Stoke have already qualified and therefore Pulis will be resting as many players as possible, means that I like it even more. There are a few factors which I am wary of which will prevent me from having a max bet. 1: Quaresma their star player could be missing. 2: One point will see both sides qualify. 3: Even with Stoke's reserves their are some dangerous players in the likes of kenwyne Jones and Jerome who will be a threat on set pieces. But overall, I strongly fancy this bet. Besiktas are a good side playing at home in an extremely hard place to go. A win would also see them top the group and they need to earn at least a point to guarantee qualification. Stoke will be up against it here and would find it tough even with a full side. With their second string, I just can't see them getting anything. Dynamo Kiev to beat Maccabi Besiktas (Draw no Bet) v Stoke Double @ 1.70 Bet365 (10 Points) I got on this one this morning and got just over 1.8 for it. The price has now gone but it's still a bet I massively like even at the shorter price. I have already outlined my resoning for Besiktas above and this draw no bet takes away my concerns of the 1 point being too convenient danger. As for Kiev, well I think they are just about the best 1/4 shot you will see. They are a far better side than Maccabi who are rock bottom of the table. Maccabi got thrashed in Turkey, were well beaten at Stoke and a trip to the freezing Ukraine from hot Israel isn't going to improve their fortunes imo. Kiev have a slim chance of qualifying still but they will need a big win here if they are to achieve it. Maccabi are definitely out and I just don't see any other result than a home win. Kiev are a class above, have the home advantage and need a win to stand a chance of qualifying. It isn't an amazing price for a double but I still think it is decent value for the risk involved.
Took your double today as your write up coaxed me to have a flutter, how can a team of good pedigree leading 2-0 half time at home, against a team inferior and with nothing to play for.... have 2 players sent off 2nd half. No matter how good someone analysis any given bets, this is something where the players sent off should be given 30 lashes after the match, for either stupidity of the highest order or taken back handers or for fcuking up my double ;)