UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November

A draw would suit both teams. I wouldn't be backing them tonight. But I think unders is the safest bet given Marseille's incapability to score.
maybe, although I wouldn't have expected such a drift in such a short space of time without any significant team news. Nothing in the pre match reports to suggest Arsenal wont be fielding a strong side. If anything they cud be stronger with Vermalen back. Bouyed by the win against Chelsea and with a chance to qaulify tonight. I'm happy to take that price. Also the way the gooner fans are at the minute. You never know they might even generate an atmosphere tonight.:p

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November I've just took AC Milan in a combo. Odds: 1.57 @ betsafe. Rosonerri are in great form lately. I was very happy to see them go back from 3-0 down at Lecce to beat 4-3. That was huge for their menthal health after the defeat at Juventus. Everything but AW will be a huge blow for their ambitions to finish first ahead of Barcelona. BATE will try not to concede much after conceding 5 from Barcelona and 2 from Milan. But I don't see them take anything out of it. I don't expect a big result anyway maiby 0-1 or 0-2. Milan will play for their college Kasano who has problems so their motivation will be at the top.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Zenit v Shakhtar Had a fair think about this one but I'm going to go for it, two sides that produced an entertaining 2-2 draw last time out with 3 goals coming in the first half, has already been mentioned that both generally contest open first halves of games and I'm banking on that continuing this afternoon. There are a few negatives going into this Shakhtar are missing Jadson and Fernandinho and Zenit are missing Kerzhakov, three offensive players that are important to the sides, on the other hand though we are not talking about CL rookies with paper-thin squads, both have experience in Europe and the squads to go with it, Shakhtar have plenty of cover in midfield and forward positions, perhaps not of the quality of those two, but players that can fit into the attacking philosophy of the formation. It's fair to say they have to really win this game to have a decent chance of progressing to the next round, they will be disappointed with the results so far in what was always likely to be an open group. Zenit are decent at the back, home form is very strong generally, beat Porto 3-1 last home group game, and looked strong although Porto had a fair few chances although faded as the game went on. I guess Bukharov will come in for Kerzhakov and he caused Shakhtar plenty of problems in the away leg. The concern is that it is tight and cagey given Zenit's good home defensive record and what is at stake, but the overall results of the two sides so far in the CL, the amount of early goals both teams score and the favourable odds available in comparison to the overall goals markets, gives me confidence we will see at least one goal in the opening 45mins of this game and I can't resist the odds available for over 2, I don't think the outcome is as unlikely as the odds suggest.. Over 1 Goal First Half - 1.86 - 10 Points - Ladbrokes Over 2 Goals First Half - 5.5 - 5 Points - Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Zenit St Petersburg - Shaktar Donetsk under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Both teams play a pretty open game and in their previous meeting two weeks ago, they had a 2-2 draw with chances for both sides. However believe this one will play out differently as Zenit are without Kherzakhov for this game who has been a very good attacking weapong up front, while Shaktar are missing two creative midfielders in Jadson and Fernandinho. With these type of players out, then creating and scoring goals become harder as both sides will be wary of the other after seeing what each side offered two weeks ago. Neither defence played well in that game but believe they will make adjustments in training and preparing for this game. Liking a low scoring game here BATE Borisov - Milan over 2.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Milan dominated their previous meeting to win 2-0 and should win again, however the concern is where they have allowed just 1 goal in Serie A games at home, as well as clean sheets in both CL games, they have not had a clean sheet on the road in Serie A and they drew 2-2 at Barcelona. BATE Borisov have nothing to lose here as they are not expected to win so like them to be adventurous at home, which should make this an open game with goals in it. Like them to score while Milan should do enough to win it and send it over. Racing Genk - Chelsea under 2.5 @ 2.26 pinnacle Chelsea raced to a 4-0 lead at half time at Stanford bridge against Genk and then added one more, as they finished up winning 5-0. Given that the Genk side had some defenders out, and they have still problems with these players yet to return from injury, then you would expect another easy Chelsea win. However after the loss to Arsenal on the weekend, where the defence allowed 5 goals, expect them to have worked on preventing any goals in this game. Also with the ease of the win against Genk, would not be surprised that the squad is rotated, to freshen up some of his main players while also looking ahead to get their EPL form back on track. Chelsea should still win, but doubt it will be the large margin expected of them Valencia - Bayer Leverkusen under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Leverkusen were outplayed in the first half of the game with Valencia but did enough to score twice and eventually win 2-1. They have 6 points in the group and see Valencia (who have just 2 points) as their main threat to progress from this group behind Chelsea. Leverkusen will go to Valencia to get at least a point and look to maintain the gap between the two, because even if they lose to Chelsea, a win over Genk should see them through, otherwise a loss here and it makes it much harder for them. So believe that Leverkusen will play a compact and conservative game to frustrate the home side for as long as possible and hopefully go away from there with at least a draw. Do not foresee many goals in this one, because even if Valencia score first, then believe that they will have learnt their lesson where they allowed Leverkusen to come back and beat them after they took the lead Arsenal - Marseille over 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Top teams in the group with both teams looking for the win to put them in prime position to go through into the next round and get a good draw. Arsenal are coming off a massive 5-3 win over Chelsea where van Persie showed his class, and expect him to do so again here. While they have been scoring in the EPL, they have been conceding goals in their last 4 EPL games, and their defence has question marks around their inability of keeping other teams out. Even Olympiacos managed to score in Arsenal's 2-1 win at home over them, and like this Marseille side to come to London to wait for their opportunities to create chances and score goals. Arsenal will attack like they tend to do at home, but Marseille are a side that can hit them on the counter, and though Arsenal should edge this one, like the value on the over than the home team Borussia Dortmund - Olympiacos under 2.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Borussia Dortmund went to Greece and played a very open and attacking game, and ended up losing to Olympicos. From this, while they should still play their natural attacking game at home, expect them to be mroe patient so as not to allow Olympiacos to hit them on the break. The Greek side do not have a good record on the road in European games, so they will be looking to not concede. Believe that they will be looking to frustrate Dortmund for as long as possible, and hard to see them easily getting scored on. While Dortmund may eventually break them down, they will be satisfied with one goal, as Olympiacos is not a side that has the players to take it to the opposition, since they prefer to hit sides on the counter. APOEL - Porto over 2.5 @ 2.18 pinnacle APOEL have scored and conceded in each of their 3 CL games so far: beatin Zenit 3-1 at home and then drawing 1-1 at Shaktar and Porto, so they have managed to not being overawed or outplayed by the so called better side, so like them once again to be competitive in this game. Porto also have scored and conceded in their 3 CL games to date, as they lost 3-1 at Zenit and won 2-1 at home to Shaktar. With only 3 points separating all four sides in this group, then a win is massive for either side, and while expecting both sides to score, doubt that they will stop there, as both should be looking to get the winner Viktoria Plzen - Barcelona under 2.5 @ 2.71 centrebet Barcelona are the better side and should win here, as they are unlikely to concede. They have not allowed a goal in their last 6 Primera Liga games or their last 2 CL games, and should be able to keep Plzen from scoring as the home team lost 2-0 at Milan while drawing 1-1 at home to BATE Borisov. Plzen defended quite well against Barcelona at the Nou Camp to lose only 2-0, and now at home, and in frot of their own crowd, they will be looking to put on another very good performance. In the Primera Liga, they have won 1-0 at both Sporting Gijon and Grenada, so they do not score in bunches like they do at home, and going to the Czech Republic, when they have a tough game at Athletic Bilbao on the weekend, is not a theirmain focus. So can see them still playing well and scoring goals, but doubt that they will over exert themselves, once they get in front, while Plzen will be looking to once again, not be easily beaten by them.

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Zenit - Shakthar
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 01/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.87
Reasoning Probably everyone thought about this bet today. Shakthar is in desperate need of points after claiming just 2 points in the first 3 rounds, and I'm not sure even a draw is enough here right now. The Ukrainians were a bit unlucky in their draws at home 1-1 with Apoel and 2-2 with Zenit. They simply missed too much and made silly mistakes in defense. They also lost 2-1 at Porto in a game where they had 2 red cards and a penalty against them, but my point is all 3 games played so far ended in both teams scoring. Zenit lost 2-1 at Apoel, won 3-1 with Porto and drew 2-2 with Shakthar. All 3 games ended overish, and both teams scoring. It's rather simple, Shakthar needs the win, their defense is mediocre at best. Zenit has excellent options up-front, but at the same time will have a hard time keeping a clean sheet. So over 2.5 at 1.87 is worth taking. I wouldn't have given odds bigger than 1.60 here.

Sport Football (Champions League) Event APOEL - Porto Selection APOEL 0 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 01/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.47 Reasoning APOEL have proven that they are strong. They have beaten Zenit at home 2-1 and played good football(although against Zenit they had a bit of luck too with the red card for Zenit and their missed opportunities). They got 2 points from their travels to Donetsk and Porto and they could win this one. You have to look at it and see it as it is, without all the "respect" for a team like Porto. APOEL are undefeated, that's what should be noticed Porto lost 3-1 to Zenit, away and they only got a point against APOEL at home. I think APOEL will play to get at least a point in this one and with Porto not being too impressive away from they can get even the win. After all if they got a draw away, they should be able to get even more at home, especially in front of a team that got thrashed at St Petersburg, considering that they have won at home against Zenit. I think APOEL can see that they have a great chance of qualifying and they will not be so idiotic as to not get at least a point here. Anyway I go for the home win and only cover the draw possibility with my ah 0 bet.
Porto need the points a bit more, but I think Apoel's odds are much too high for this game and look good value considering their consistently good record.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Valencia-Leverkusen I had the same idea as Black Crow that Leverkusen will try to stand compact and would be very satisfied with a 0-0 or 1-1. But then I checked some stats and and realized that Leverkusen hasn't shown this ability yet during the season, the ability of playing a compact game (on the road). The game vs Freiburg (18th) last Friday was the perfect example. Leverkusen took the lead in the 2nd minute, so the situation was clear: Freiburg had to dictate the game, Leverkusen had to stand compact and wait for counter attacks. What happened? Freiburg tore them apart, they took 21 shots (8 on goal) and a better team should've scored 2 or 3 goals easily (Leverkusen won the game, Freiburg is 18th for a reason). And that's actually Leverkusen's average so far: When they play on the road the opponent takes 21,3 shots (5,2 on goal). That's way too much for a 'top' team, even if you compare it with teams like Gladbach or Schalke. And it's not like Leverkusen played only against Bundesliga giants on the road, the game at the Allianz Arena for example was a rather harmless game for Leverkusen because Bayern already focussed on the following CL game, slowed down after an early 2-0 lead and took only 12 shots. A lot of stats, all I wanna say is that I think Leverkusen is very vulnerable and a team like Valencia could easily benefit from that, especially at Mestalla (on the road Valencia seems pretty harmless in front of the goal). Plus Leverkusen's offense is always good for one goal. Therefore over 2,5 @ 1.88 Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Arsenal vs Marseille With rumours of Van persie being on the bench and sending them on if Arsenal is behind or losing reminded me of this match winner from william hill: Any arsenal substitute to SCORE 3/1. Arsenal could likely be 1 - 0 down and just getting a 1 - 1 draw from a van persie goal looks likely. I dont know if this market still exists when the team sheets come out but ill keep my eye out for it. I might put some money on arsenal now since their odds have drifted. From EVS to 4/6 is ridicuous just because they beat chelsea away from home. This means they have to win 2/3 instead of 1/2 for 4/6 to break even. Arsenal still have problems and though on good form, many of their 2 - 1 and 3 - 1 wins at home were not comfortable.

Arsenal vs Marseille With rumours of Van persie being on the bench and sending them on if Arsenal is behind or losing reminded me of this match winner from william hill: Any arsenal substitute to SCORE 3/1. Arsenal could likely be 1 - 0 down and just getting a 1 - 1 draw from a van persie goal looks likely. I dont know if this market still exists when the team sheets come out but ill keep my eye out for it. I might put some money on arsenal now since their odds have drifted. From EVS to 4/6 is ridicuous just because they beat chelsea away from home. This means they have to win 2/3 instead of 1/2 for 4/6 to break even. Arsenal still have problems and though on good form, many of their 2 - 1 and 3 - 1 wins at home were not comfortable.
Even better HT/FT 2/X or 2/1

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November BVB-Olympiakos Bet: Olympiakos to score Odd: 1,70 Stake: 5/10 Bookie: local Member with nick Sputnik wrote all down, just like he was reading mine mind.:lol:lol BVB crash two side in domestic league but that does not make them any better then they were during this CL competiton. To be celar I like the german side, they have many good players but with little amount of experience and this is the reason of me to see greek side to score at least one goal. Arsenal-Marseille Bet: Arsenal to win Odd: 1,70 Stake: 5/10 Bookie: local I am going to be short on this one. If Arsene Wenger side is capable to perform tonight like they did against Chelsea, I can not see any other outcoming result that a victory from the gunners. GL to all of you. :cheers:cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Genk Vs. Chelsea Selection: Chelsea - 1.5 @ 1.78 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I fancy Chelsea to win Comfortably at the Cristal Arena where Genk play hosts in tonight's CL tie. As we all know Chelsea are coming off a 5-3 loss to Arsenal and will be looking to put this behind them in an important CL fixture that should help them to securing progression in the group. In the reverse fixture Chelsea looked different class to Genk ending up as 5-0 victors. What was clear in that game is that Genk had a defensive nightmare and I think we can expect a similarly poor performance tonight. Genk continue to have defensive injury concerns so I think Chelsea will get a good amount of opportunities to score. It has been rumored that AVB may rest some senior players with Lampard and Terry bring questionable to play and Drogba definitely out. That being said Chelsea can easily replace quality for quality so I think they will still be the far superior team. For me this is a get right game for Chelsea and I expect them to win by 2 or 3 to nil, good luck :hope

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Valencia - Bayer Leverkusen
Selection Valencia
Strength 10/10
Date 01/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.70
Reasoning This should be another tough encounter between these two teams. Two weeks ago in Leverkusen Bayer won 2-1 after trailing 0-1 but they managed many goal shots and succeed to win this one. Many people will say that Spanish club is better team but they are trailing four points behind second place so they need today of three points to keep good chances overrating this group. Valencia is in full squad their fit goes up after two consecutive won games in local league. Levekusen is in the middle of the table in their local league this team failed 2-0 with Chelsea while Valencia succeed to win one point against Chelsea they also drew 2-2 with phenomenal Barlcelona at home and I think they should use problems in Levekusen squad today and take this one.

Zenit v Shakhtar Had a fair think about this one but I'm going to go for it, two sides that produced an entertaining 2-2 draw last time out with 3 goals coming in the first half, has already been mentioned that both generally contest open first halves of games and I'm banking on that continuing this afternoon. There are a few negatives going into this Shakhtar are missing Jadson and Fernandinho and Zenit are missing Kerzhakov, three offensive players that are important to the sides, on the other hand though we are not talking about CL rookies with paper-thin squads, both have experience in Europe and the squads to go with it, Shakhtar have plenty of cover in midfield and forward positions, perhaps not of the quality of those two, but players that can fit into the attacking philosophy of the formation. It's fair to say they have to really win this game to have a decent chance of progressing to the next round, they will be disappointed with the results so far in what was always likely to be an open group. Zenit are decent at the back, home form is very strong generally, beat Porto 3-1 last home group game, and looked strong although Porto had a fair few chances although faded as the game went on. I guess Bukharov will come in for Kerzhakov and he caused Shakhtar plenty of problems in the away leg. The concern is that it is tight and cagey given Zenit's good home defensive record and what is at stake, but the overall results of the two sides so far in the CL, the amount of early goals both teams score and the favourable odds available in comparison to the overall goals markets, gives me confidence we will see at least one goal in the opening 45mins of this game and I can't resist the odds available for over 2, I don't think the outcome is as unlikely as the odds suggest.. Over 1 Goal First Half - 1.86 - 10 Points - Ladbrokes Over 2 Goals First Half - 5.5 - 5 Points - Bet365
That went well. Off to shoot myself.

Zenit - Shakhtar In this one I will go for an early goal to be scored. Reasoning is the same as was in all of the home games Zenit played in Europe last and this season. They also score an early goals in most of their home games in Russian Premier League. If you want a safer bet pick Zenit goal before half time @ 1.80, but I personally will take a little bit riskier bet. Zenit Goal: Before 30th Minute @ 2.60 (2 units) William Hill
Zenit had a real chance on 29th minute, but still think the odds were good.

That went well. Off to shoot myself.
Shakhtar keeper Rybka (literally means fish :lol) did really well. But at least Zenit scored in the first half as they did in like 10+ home games in Europa. So, tacking similar picks in their next game against APOEL will be definitely a good option.

EventValencia - Leverkusen
SelectionValencia
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceWilliam Hill @ 1.70
ReasoningNow boosted by the victory over Getafe Valencia is seeking for its firts victory in Champions League. Draws with Genk and Chelsea combined with a 2-1 away defeat by Leverkusen have left Valencia second-bottom of Group E heading into Tuesday's return meeting with second-placed Leverkusen, four points adrift of the German side and five behind leaders Chelsea.But there are 9points still avaible and i think that its time to make progress tonight. Leverkusen will be without some important players such as Renato Augusto, Michael Ortega, Rene Adler and Tranquillo Barnetta, while Valenica is mostly full. Valenica to win this.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Genk vs Chelsea Chelsea won the reverse fixture 5-0 at home and come into this match losing 3-5 to Arsenal at home. Having watched that game where they lost, I feel that they could have easily have won or drawn that match if not for some unfortunate events that happened (i.e. Terry slipping/ Malouda's bad pass back to Terry). Having completely dominated Genk in the reverse fixture, I see AVB wanting to put their defeat to Arsenal away and to get back to winning ways. I fancy Sturridge and Mata both to have a major role in tonight's game and hopefully should not have any trouble putting past a couple of goals past Genk. 5pts Chelsea -1.5AH @ 1.73 VC Arsenal vs Marseille Arsenal have been in stunning form of late, especially Robin Van Persie. He scored 3 goals in Arsenal's victory over Chelsea this past weekend and will no doubt be the main threat again tonight. Arsenal won the reverse fixture 1-0 thanks to a late goal. Hopefully that will not be the case tonight as I expect Arsenal to be really up for this game to secure all 3 points to guarantee their progress to the next round. Arsenal have not lost in this competition and also have won all of their last 5 games. Momentum should be with the Gunners and I expect them to win it tonight. 5pts Arsenal to win @ 1.75 VC

BATE - Milan Milan is playing open football at the moment and after looking at their recent games I can't say that their defence is solid. They conceded 6 goals in their last 3 games, including 3 against Lecce and 2 against Roma. However, they scored 11 goals in these games. I can see Milan getting 3 points here but I can't see them keeping a clean sheet taking into account their poor defensive record in the past games. Both to Score @ 2.00 (2 units) William Hill
Bet won and to be honest I am not surprised with the result either.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Full side for Arsenal, except the Asian lad is in for Van Persie. Did like Arsenal, but can't be bothered messing about with a Van-persie-less Gooners. Expect them to bring him on and irritatingly win it late on.

Awful stuff from Milan...sums Italian football up for me right now in general :pukewell done Bate.
I backed Milan, they were completely in control until the penalty (which was dodgy), thought BATE were awful first half and Milan should have been 2-0 up. Didn't see the rest of the game after the penalty. :@

Full side for Arsenal, except the Asian lad is in for Van Persie. Did like Arsenal, but can't be bothered messing about with a Van-persie-less Gooners. Expect them to bring him on and irritatingly win it late on.
I think with Walcott and Gervinho Arsenal is still dangerous up front.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 1st November Arsenal vs Marseille I think marseille should enjoy playing here at the emirates after their better domestic run. Am really on the fence on what bet to put but ive always had a feeling that Marseille will score at the emirates. Park is starting ahead of Van persie, but hes shown us that he can score goals. Arshavin and walcott look in good form and should both be a threat. Arsenal should win, but theres always danger of a Marseille goal giving Arsenal's recent home form, conceading but winning games 3 - 1 or 2 - 1 in recent months. Final picks: Over 2.5 EVS Bet365 10/10 Both teams to score 5/6 Bet365 10/10 Draw 11/4 VC 2/10 :hope:hope

I backed Milan' date=' they were completely in control until the penalty (which was dodgy), thought BATE were awful first half and Milan should have been 2-0 up. Didn't see the rest of the game after the penalty. :@[/quote'] I know, I backed em too....2nd half BATE played well even though they just went 10 behind the ball and counter attack and Milan couldnt break them down. very frustrating. :eyes