** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Saturday 1 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Everton v Liverpool (12:45 BST) 3.15 3.3 2.54 101.42 %
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic (15:00 BST) 1.66 4.1 6.4 100.02 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (15:00 BST) 6.5 4.2 1.66 99.44 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Norwich City (15:00 BST) 1.2 8.5 21 99.86 %
maximize.gif Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 BST) 2.36 3.45 3.4 100.77 %
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Newcastle United (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.4 3.2 100.66 %
Sunday 2 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Chelsea (13:30 BST) 7 4.3 1.59 100.43 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Queens Park Rangers (15:00 BST) 2.02 3.6 4.2 101.09 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Stoke City (15:00 BST) 2.82 3.4 2.88 99.59 %
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal (16:00 BST) 2.25 3.65 3.55 100.01 %

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October That's a pretty big price on Everton if you ask me. Liverpool have not been impressive away from home, particularly in the 4-0 defeat to spurs, while Everton have made a solid start to the season, and won't need any motivation in being ready for this one. It's a derby so it will be a tight match but Liverpool can't be trusted away from home as far as i'm concerned. For the north london derby, this is probably the first time I can remember us being clear favourites to beat Arsenal, which I think is justified given Spurs form and Arsenal's well documented problems. Both teams play in midweek but the spurs team that plays on thursday will almost certainly be completely different to the team that plays on sunday so I think arsenal are at a bit of a disadvantage in this respect, as I guess they will have a full strength team out for the CL match. I would have wanted around 2.4 to bet on spurs, anything less is not value for me. One bet that might be worth taking is Adebayor to score anytime which is currently 2.25 at bet365. He's in good form at the moment and will definitely be super motivated to score against his former club. I'm tempted also by QPR at Fulham, largely because of QPR's good away form, while Fulham haven't got going yet this season for me and have a midweek european game as an added distraction. Again a local derby so anything could happen, but the price on QPR is certainly higher than I thought it might be.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October As a Liverpool fan I'd wait for team news before betting. Basically we look a far better side without Carroll, Henderson and (debatably) Adam. (Though to be fair to Carroll, he was very good last week against Wolves.) If we play something like Reina - Kelly, Carragher, Agger, Enrique - Lucas, Gerrard - Maxi, Suarez, Bellamy - Kuyt I'd give us a good chance. If Gerrard isn't fit to start replace him with Adam, and we're still OK. From a fan's point of view I'm really hoping Henderson doesn't start, he has potential but apart from against Bolton (when he was one of our best players) he hasn't produced. He goes missing too often to play in a derby, imo. Everton I don't know as much about so I'll leave that to someone else to write them up.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October After having my first foray into the over 1.5 at HT betting last week for the Newcastle-Blackburn game, I thought i'd share my pick for this week. Manchester United v Norwich (Over 1.5 goals in the 1st half) - 10/11 SkyBet. 2 of Manchester United's home games this season have been over 3 goals in the first half and a total of 4 out of 6 home and away. 5 of Norwich's 7 goals this season have come in the first half. Manchester United's attacking prowess is there for everyone to see and some key attacking players did not play 90 minutes midweek, so they should be fresh. I can't see Norwich going out to defend as I don't feel that is the way Norwich play, and they have scored at least 1 in all 3 of their away games this season. I feel this open, attacking style of play with suit Manchester United's counter attacking and feel they can score inside the first 20 minutes, and push on from there. From a Norwich point of view I feel they will aim to try and put pressure on David De Gea with a lot of high balls and the attackers putting pressure on him and the back 4, who looked quite shaky at Old Trafford last night. They may even get a goal too. Go easy on me people....

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Thought I'd get back to posting my tips this season when I get a chance, so .. Sunderland v West Brom - Sunderland win @ 2.25 (Bet365) Now I appreciate Sunderland have a pretty poor start to their EPL campaign, and there have been noises from various sections of the fan base questioning the gaffer future, however I think Steve Bruce and his men will get it right this weekend at home to an even more average West Brom side. Don't get me wrong West Brom are capable of putting in a good shift and causing most teams a problem on their day, however on their last outing away from The Hawthorns they were at the nasty end of a 3-0 defeat to newly promoted Swansea, a result which will hardly be striking fear into the Sunderland players. The home side have quality, Nick Bendtner for all his critics does provide a presence up front and is capable of banging away the odd goal or two. They also have some quality in midfield, with new additions Larsson and Gardner giving the team a bit of creativity and an option from any dead ball situation. I feel Bruce has made some decent signings in the summer, they are taking their time to click however I think that when they do click, they could be a reasonably reliable team, especially at home. Their last home gave saw them produce a very impressive 4-0 victory over a stuffy Stoke side, yeah Stoke had an off day but Sunderland still had to put them to the sword, a task which they duly obliged. I feel the odds are fairly generous for a home win in this tie, Sunderland in my opinion hold they better quality within the two squads, added to the fact the home support will be willing the team on and whether it is correct or not, Steve Bruce will have to start picking up points sooner or later. Home win @ 2.25 sounds good to me..:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October My view on MY biggest game of the season: The Merseyside Derby Do not let Evertons results flatter you! They have had a pretty easy start to the season playing sides who are expecting to be around about 15-20th apart from Man City. They lost at home to QPR, luckily defeated Wigan and Blackburn as they were dominated in large spells by both sides. Tim Cahill picked up a knock against Man City, they expect him to play however. Everton lack a goalscorer as we all know, they seem to have a solid midfield now with Jack Rodwell proving his worth impressing so far this season paired by Mauroane Fellaini who loves Derby Day may I add. I can see these 2 hard to break down and will just sit and stop any Liverpool attack. Every merseyside derby in the past few years David Moyes has set his side out to draw, be hard to break down and settle for the draw. I do not see this changing here. Liverpool have Agger out for this game. A massive blow considering the form of Skrtel and Carragher. Henderson is also not fitting in well at the moment, therefore I think Kuyt needs to start and probably willl. At the moment I think we rely too much on Downing and Suarez to break down defences with Adam often sitting deeper and spraying passes around, this worries me as I know Everton will have 2 defensive midfielders on saturday therefore could be hard to break down. Should be interesting to see if Carroll starts as he played his best this season in a red shirt against Wolves. If he does I expect route 1 football with Carragher and Skrtel just hoofing the ball towards his as they always do. I see a tight game, maybe a little bit biased but I see Everton holding on in the first half keeping it tight however the gates opening in the 2nd half and Liverpool becoming victorious. My predicted Line Ups: Howard Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines Rodwell Fellaini Coleman Osman Drenthe Cahill Reina Kelly Carragher Skrtel Enrique Lucas Adam Kuyt Suarez Downing MY BETS: Draw/Liverpool - Halftime/Fulltime - 6.5 Unibet Correct Score - 2-1 Liverpool 11.00 Ladbrokes Half of first goal - 2nd Half 3.3 William Hill Both Teams to Score - Yes 1.9 William Hill Under 2.5 Goals - Victor Chandler 1.75

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

personally, id wait to see if rooney is in the united line-up before i took your bet. Hes what makes united tick and they are a different class without him i.m.o:ok
True but even without rooney, hernandez vidic ect i still think man utd will have enough fire power to beat norwich at home

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October As a liverpool fan i wouldn't bet on my team this week, dodgy away from home but in a big game like this anything can happen, if i were to suggest a goalscorer though suarez or kuyt would be my best option. Kuyt has been rested far to much this season and can potentially run riot in this game if he starts, which i expect him to. My score prediction would be 1 - 1 Kuyt anytime @ skybet is 11/4 (worth a shout, if it isn't dirk it will be suarez) Kuyt to score 1st 1-1 is 40/1 on skybet Check starting line up before the game ;)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Wolves v Newcastle, thinking about hitting the back button fast, 50 times per second perhaps, for both teams to score...if you're wondering what I'm on about with the 50 thing, take a look at the Betfair rules and most bets in a minute, I'm sure it says something in the 000s!! How so you back that quickly? (without using software) Wolves and Newcastle are two attacking sides, both have talent to score, both have weaknesses at the back, will fill in 'real' facts tonight as using iPhone now, simply staring to me is what is one of the best stand out bets of the weekend. Oh, I can't wait for couple of weeks time when I can start putting up big reviews & big time in studying games again.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Manchester United v Canaries Would of collected a nice bit of cash on my CL treble if United hadn't taken their foot off the gas last night and that's exactly what happened. For those who watched the Basel game it was clear to see after going 2-0 up fairly early in the 1st half Man United went into relaxation mode and started treading water until Basel struck a couple goals in rapid succession. Man U thinking they had the 3 points wrapped up, were then faced with the psychological mountain of having to win the game twice (in a manner of speaking) which is a hard task for any team. Think Fergie would of pointed the finger at a fair few players and they'll come out and make a 90 minute statement against Norwich. Agree that team news is really important here - Rooney especially, adds so much to the team. Still thinking about an angle into this game. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham – Arsenal It looks to me that Arsenal has started to recover from the bad start they had. Yesterday against Olympiacos Van Persie and Ramsey only played 20 minutes each so they won’t be tired on Sunday. The games between these two sides are always unpredictable and even stats prove it out of the last 10 games between these two sides there were 4 draws and each team won 3 times. I would not say that Tottenham are in much better form now that the Gunners because the only impressive result they have is 4-0 win against Liverpool where they scored the last 3 goals only after Liverpool were down to 9 men. The both teams are level in my opinion so I would not have Spurs as favorites so will be taking Arsenal with some draw cover. Arsenal DNB @ 2.37 (4 units) Bet365

Tottenham – Arsenal It looks to me that Arsenal has started to recover from the bad start they had. Yesterday against Olympiacos Van Persie and Ramsey only played 20 minutes each so they won’t be tired on Sunday. The games between these two sides are always unpredictable and even stats prove it out of the last 10 games between these two sides there were 4 draws and each team won 3 times. I would not say that Tottenham are in much better form now that the Gunners because the only impressive result they have is 4-0 win against Liverpool where they scored the last 3 goals only after Liverpool were down to 9 men. The both teams are level in my opinion so I would not have Spurs as favorites so will be taking Arsenal with some draw cover. Arsenal DNB @ 2.37 (4 units) Bet365
Just a slight disagreement with you on your analysis on Spurs form. I would suggest the 2 away wins against Wolves and Wigan were more impressive than a win against what is for me a very average Liverpool side. Also the game was very one side before even the 1st sending off, and the match was only ever going to be won by one team. Having said that I can easily see this game being a draw and personally I wouldn't be too disappointed with that. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tricky set of fixtures across all the english leagues this weekend imo. Only ones i'm considering so far are, swindon,Barnsley and Torquay and not sure about them. Certainly no stand out bets. Pretty similiar across europe too, i only have a shortlist of 8 when usually have about 20. Going to be needing some info from others i think this week or look into other markets other than the H/D/W. Regards Wolves v Newcastle, i like to try and contribute alittle info to the board each weekend so i'll give my opinion from a Wolves perspective. 2011/2012 Blackburn away 0-2 WON Fulham home 2-0 WON Villa away 0-0 DRAW INTERNATIONAL BREAK Spurs home 0-2 LOST QPR home 0-3 LOST Liverpool away 2-1 LOST Quick review of these games so far. Blackburn we played well but very open against an opposition who were seriously weakened. It was a good result considering our awful form at Edwood park but shouldn't be looked into too much. Fulham home, best perfromance i've seen over 90 mins from wolves for a long time, however, Fulham were awful and hardly tested Wolves. Villa away, having drew and won the previosu 2 seasons at villa park the omens are good, abit like how wigan always do well there too. But it was the worse of the 3 performances at Villa park and wolves were fortunate to get a point. As shown by Villas disappointing home form so far, where they've got several draws, it wasn't really a stand out point gained. Then comes the international break, a trend where wolves perform awful after this break, make your own conclusions as to why as i don't really know. Spurs home, a spirited performance but with no real threat. Once spurs scored Wolves had no idea how to get back into the game. Previos results v spurs at home were 1-0 win and 3-3 draw. QPR loss, Wolves can put in these performances now and again, wigan and bolton last season plus others come to mind. Didn't turn up, didn't look interested, almost every player could hardly string a pass. A performance of the lowest standard. Liverpool away, out played first half, second half much better and the early goal spurred us on but Liverpool were always fairly comfortable. Again, says alot when a team only gets going when it's in the shit ie- 3-0 down to Blackburn last day of the season. I was hopeful for this season and thought the acquistions of O'Hara and Johnson would push us on. i think over a season we will improve on last year but the same old patterns are there to see. This International break thing is puzzling and illogical but it exists and i can only think it's a man management thing. MM seems to only get the best out of them when he bollocks them basically or has time with them to psyche them up. This results in flat out, attacking football and for me a prem manager should have more tactical understanding. If it's not this approach then it's a very cautious approach mainly away from home. We've got some crucial games coming up in October and we really need to start putting in better more consistent mature performances now if we are to avoid last seasons drama. Newcastle H WBA A Swansea H Man city A Lastly, look at last seasons results, a trend that is repeating this season. Stoke home 2-1 WON Everton away 1-1 DREW Newcastle home 1-1 DREW INTERNATIONAL BREAK Fulham away 2-1 LOST Spurs away 3-1 LOST Villa home 1-2 LOST Wigan away 2-0 LOST INTERNATIONAL BREAK west ham home 1-1 DREW chelsea away 2-0 LOST Man city home 2-1 WON (2nd win at game 10 since 1st game win over stoke) man utd away 2-1 LOST Arsenal home 0-2 LOST Bolton home 2-3 LOST Blackpool away 2-1 LOST sunderland home 3-2 WON (last min winner from SEB) Now at end of November and only 3 wins! I've concluded wolves will do well only when, they are either the underdog or the opposition midfield isn't creative or both. There are of course exceptions to this now and again but basically dominate our middle 2/3 cms and it's unlikely we'll beat you. Conclusion for sats match, i had to pick a result i'd go with 1-1. Cabaye and Tiote are head and shoulders above O'hara and Henry (who is absolute shite). However, MM will get them psyched up so that may offset a few negatives as we perform better when bollocked. One scenario that would sway me towards wolves is if Guedioura plays. Some of you may not know alot about him? he's been out with a broken leg until recently but he looks a fantastic player with bags of potential perfectly suited to PL football. Strong, good in the tackle, got a decent shot on him (millwall screamer in cup) and is very direct. If MM starts him more especially over Henry or in a 4-5-1 with O'hara and Henry or Edwards we will improve dramatically imo. Anyway, hope this is helpful.

That's a pretty big price on Everton if you ask me. Liverpool have not been impressive away from home, particularly in the 4-0 defeat to spurs, while Everton have made a solid start to the season, and won't need any motivation in being ready for this one. It's a derby so it will be a tight match but Liverpool can't be trusted away from home as far as i'm concerned. For the north london derby, this is probably the first time I can remember us being clear favourites to beat Arsenal, which I think is justified given Spurs form and Arsenal's well documented problems. Both teams play in midweek but the spurs team that plays on thursday will almost certainly be completely different to the team that plays on sunday so I think arsenal are at a bit of a disadvantage in this respect, as I guess they will have a full strength team out for the CL match. I would have wanted around 2.4 to bet on spurs, anything less is not value for me. One bet that might be worth taking is Adebayor to score anytime which is currently 2.25 at bet365. He's in good form at the moment and will definitely be super motivated to score against his former club. I'm tempted also by QPR at Fulham, largely because of QPR's good away form, while Fulham haven't got going yet this season for me and have a midweek european game as an added distraction. Again a local derby so anything could happen, but the price on QPR is certainly higher than I thought it might be.
Not convinced about Everton myself. Really stuggle going forward, and although he hasn't been great of late, Suarez against Hibbert is a mismatch as well as Liverpool going forward in general. Adebayor to score anytime - great shout :D

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Early predictions and value bets: Not completely sure yet, but heres what i have in mind: Everton vs Liverpool Liverpool's form this season has not been wonderful. Started brightly with Anfield in good voice against sunderland, but despite playing on top of their game for the most parts, sunderland equalised to end the game 1 - 1. Away from home I feel they lack sharpness. Suarez looks great but he needs more support. Carroll, Adam Henderson Downing are all good players but they can be inconsistant. Everton are still a solid side but have problems of their own. They really need a big name signing to lift goodison park and they havn't got that. I feel this game will therefore be a tight affair with alot of passing around in midfield. Everton is currently at 21/10, taking everything into consideration I feel the value is on the Everton side. Utd vs Norwich A feeling tells me Norwich will get something from this game. I know man united have drawn 3 games recently but i feel Utd could possibly struggle to score. Norwich+1 AH is currently at 3/1, Of course man united is an excellent side and im probably wrong, but 3/1 is good odds to back. Swansea vs Stoke The midweek europa league game will affect stoke as they have put out a strong side to face besiktas. Swansea although losing to chelsea away last week are still on a high after their 3 - 0 win over West brom. The liberty stadium will be full of optimism and swansea will play well. Stoke are very tough and solid but after their heavy fixtures i expect them to be tired looking in attack and defence and swansea will knock the ball around and create alot of chances. Stoke always carry an arial threat with their rugby style football Quote Fabregas, which will give swansea problems, but swansea will have alot of posession that will hopefully reduce stoke's time on the ball. Swansea win is 9/5 which seems great value. Anyone with any different opinions?

Tottenham – Arsenal It looks to me that Arsenal has started to recover from the bad start they had. Yesterday against Olympiacos Van Persie and Ramsey only played 20 minutes each so they won’t be tired on Sunday. The games between these two sides are always unpredictable and even stats prove it out of the last 10 games between these two sides there were 4 draws and each team won 3 times. I would not say that Tottenham are in much better form now that the Gunners because the only impressive result they have is 4-0 win against Liverpool where they scored the last 3 goals only after Liverpool were down to 9 men. The both teams are level in my opinion so I would not have Spurs as favorites so will be taking Arsenal with some draw cover. Arsenal DNB @ 2.37 (4 units) Bet365
I wish you luck mate with this one as I support Arsenal and would love a win at Tottenham However, I can't say I am convinced with Arsenal's play atm. You say van Persie and Ramsey will not be tired but so will Modric Bale Kaboul VDV and Adebayor, so that's not an argument, especially this early in the season. What is worrying is the Gunners defence. Olympiakos pressed them yesterday a lot and could have scored 2 easily, at the Emirates. Especially side backs Sagna and Santos were rather poor, they were caught in no man's land on occasions and if they dont improve, Spurs flying wingers can take full advantage of their weaknesses. And vs Liverpool even before the red for Adam Spurs outplayed them. Modric was superb and Adebayor also proved his value. I'll be backing Tottenham goals >[email protected] and >2.5 @3.75 with 10 and 4 points respectively. I hope though that Arsenal scores 5 and takes all 3 points back to the Emirates:) good luck :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October I'm trying to get my head around the reason why Man City are a bigger price away to Blackburn than Chelsea are away to Bolton. Similar match ups you would say so I'd expect prices to be the same or I'd have Man City slightly shorter than Chelsea. Man United are at a ridiculously short price in my opinion. Likely to be no Rooney or No Hernandez plus the fact their defence seems to be all over the place based on recent games. Got to take the Champions League hangover effect into account although it there will be probably lots of changes. Norwich proved they are no mugs so far this season. Not saying Norwich will come away with anything but I wouldn't want to be backing Man United at such a short price.

My view on MY biggest game of the season: The Merseyside Derby Do not let Evertons results flatter you! They have had a pretty easy start to the season playing sides who are expecting to be around about 15-20th apart from Man City. They lost at home to QPR, luckily defeated Wigan and Blackburn as they were dominated in large spells by both sides. Tim Cahill picked up a knock against Man City, they expect him to play however. Everton lack a goalscorer as we all know, they seem to have a solid midfield now with Jack Rodwell proving his worth impressing so far this season paired by Mauroane Fellaini who loves Derby Day may I add. I can see these 2 hard to break down and will just sit and stop any Liverpool attack. Every merseyside derby in the past few years David Moyes has set his side out to draw, be hard to break down and settle for the draw. I do not see this changing here. Liverpool have Agger out for this game. A massive blow considering the form of Skrtel and Carragher. Henderson is also not fitting in well at the moment, therefore I think Kuyt needs to start and probably willl. At the moment I think we rely too much on Downing and Suarez to break down defences with Adam often sitting deeper and spraying passes around, this worries me as I know Everton will have 2 defensive midfielders on saturday therefore could be hard to break down. Should be interesting to see if Carroll starts as he played his best this season in a red shirt against Wolves. If he does I expect route 1 football with Carragher and Skrtel just hoofing the ball towards his as they always do. I see a tight game, maybe a little bit biased but I see Everton holding on in the first half keeping it tight however the gates opening in the 2nd half and Liverpool becoming victorious. My predicted Line Ups: Howard Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines Rodwell Fellaini Coleman Osman Drenthe Cahill Reina Kelly Carragher Skrtel Enrique Lucas Adam Kuyt Suarez Downing MY BETS: Draw/Liverpool - Halftime/Fulltime - 6.5 Unibet Correct Score - 2-1 Liverpool 11.00 Ladbrokes Half of first goal - 2nd Half 3.3 William Hill Both Teams to Score - Yes 1.9 William Hill Under 2.5 Goals - Victor Chandler 1.75
Good post.. but ill add some thoughts if ya dont mind :) You say dont let Evertons form flatter you after an easy start.. first of all imo there are no easy games in the premiership. Liverpools form hasnt been inspiring either.. beating wolves, bolton (maybe sides who are expecting to be around about 15-20th). They had a win against an Arsenal reserve side and a woeful home draw against sunderland. Granted they should prob have beaten sunderland and stoke but the results dont lie. Everton will be very hard to break down at home. I think that their midfield of rowell and Fellaini will get the better of lucas and adam and this will be the key area. Liverpool havent really clicked as yet.. even the 2-1 against wolves wasnt very convincing. Not too sure will Gerrard start but they will need him. I think Everton are massive value at 2/1 at home but will wait for starting line ups :ok

I'm trying to get my head around the reason why Man City are a bigger price away to Blackburn than Chelsea are away to Bolton. Similar match ups you would say so I'd expect prices to be the same or I'd have Man City slightly shorter than Chelsea.
The price on ManCity drifted after that loss to Bayern. Besides that their form in away games are questionable. Also problems with Tevez didn't make things brighter. To be honest I don't know what to expect from them... a bounceback or maybe another poor game.

Early predictions and value bets: Not completely sure yet, but heres what i have in mind: Everton vs Liverpool Liverpool's form this season has not been wonderful. Started brightly with Anfield in good voice against sunderland, but despite playing on top of their game for the most parts, sunderland equalised to end the game 1 - 1. Away from home I feel they lack sharpness. Suarez looks great but he needs more support. Carroll, Adam Henderson Downing are all good players but they can be inconsistant. Everton are still a solid side but have problems of their own. They really need a big name signing to lift goodison park and they havn't got that. I feel this game will therefore be a tight affair with alot of passing around in midfield. Everton is currently at 21/10, taking everything into consideration I feel the value is on the Everton side. Utd vs Norwich A feeling tells me Norwich will get something from this game. I know man united have drawn 3 games recently but i feel Utd could possibly struggle to score. Norwich+1 AH is currently at 3/1, Of course man united is an excellent side and im probably wrong, but 3/1 is good odds to back. Swansea vs Stoke The midweek europa league game will affect stoke as they have put out a strong side to face besiktas. Swansea although losing to chelsea away last week are still on a high after their 3 - 0 win over West brom. The liberty stadium will be full of optimism and swansea will play well. Stoke are very tough and solid but after their heavy fixtures i expect them to be tired looking in attack and defence and swansea will knock the ball around and create alot of chances. Stoke always carry an arial threat with their rugby style football Quote Fabregas, which will give swansea problems, but swansea will have alot of posession that will hopefully reduce stoke's time on the ball. Swansea win is 9/5 which seems great value. Anyone with any different opinions?
I tend to disagree with two of the above tips. Firstly, while I agree with your analysis of the Everton Liverpool match, I don't think there's much value in 21/10, in fact I think its pretty much dead on correct. I estimate that this match will end in an outright win for Everton around 1 in 3 matches: their squad is nowhere near as good as the side that won this fixture last year while Liverpool have shown periods of brilliance and periods of awfulness this season. Going back 12 years to 99-00, looking purely at the Goodison Park results, Everton have won 3, drawn 1, and lost 8, so regarding everything except history these odds are a tad short. Taking Everton at that price I think is at best a break even move. Secondly, while I'm a Norwich fan, and while Man U without Rooney is arguably a different team, there's no way that I would back Norwich at 3/1 with the +1. We are undoubtedly a team that will be playing without much pressure, having secured back to back wins and all that, and we have been showing some real fluency and confidence, especially in the last game against Sunderland. However, we still look nervy towards the latter end of games, and while I think vs any other team this bet might be worth taking, I personally think that Manchester United, by the end of the match, will have at least a two goal lead, even if its a draw at half time. 3/1 is not quite attractive enough for me, therefore, especially as we've not really got ourselves an established goal scorer, all of our goals having come from different players. If it were 7/2, I'd be more willing to take it.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Spurs v Arsenal Bet on goals here not result. This bet looks glaringly obvious to me for following reasons: :) Both teams' attacks are better than their respective defences. :) Both will play an expansive game and are biult to attack - 1. Because it's a derby 2. Because it's the way they generally play and are setup. :) Adebayor will be chomping at the bit here to score and then celebrate infront of gunners supporters, stomp on RVP etc. :lol :) Most important factor - crucial central defenders Vermaelen, King and Dawson will potentially all be missing (don't know about King's knee or rotation of games he plays or whatever, maybe a spurs fan can confirm) and Koscielny and Kaboul are in my eyes defenders which can't be trusted to do the right thing at the right time and often make errors. :) Considering the class of attacking players going against these makeshift defences, it's hard to see a low scoring game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Everton now 9/4 at home to a Liverpool side who have been poor on the road recently. Granted its a derby, anything can happy, but this is the value bet. Perhaps its something to do with the doubt over Cahill but there's still a chance he will play! Before facing Man City, Everton were actually unbeaten in 5, winning 4. Value bet in the Prem this weekend for me: Everton 3.25 Betfair

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham vs Arsenal Spurs to score 2 or more @ 4/5 I never usually bet on games involving my team but this is a bet i like the look of .. For the first time in a long while im an Arsenal fan really not looking forward to this derby. In our defence i dont see anyone who is reliable and our best defender in vermaelan being injured is a big blow to us. Against Olympiakos we were awful and with spurs having the likes of lennon, bale, vdv, modric, defoe, pavlyuchenko i just cannot see our defence coping at all. I also have a bad feeling that Adebayor is going to get one against us too.. I cannot see my team winning and the safest bet for this game is goals. I have not been impressed with our defence at all and can see spurs getting at least 2 if not more.. if they dont then it means we would have got at least a draw from the game which i would take right now.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Fulham v QPR Personally i think QPR have a decent chance to win this game. I know Fulham are very tough to beat at home but i dont think they have been playing at all well, and i think QPR have been playing fantastic stuff the past few games. I think they deserved a win against Villa , i thought they were by far the better team. Barton has been a great buy for them, brings a bit of stability and bite into the midfield, they just look so much more organised than at the start of the season. QPR have also been doing very well on the road with 2 wins and 1 draw from 3 games, beating Wolves away 3-0 and beating Everton away 1-0. Fulham have had 3 home games resulting in 3 draws against Blackburn, Villa and City but this is a big derby also and i think QPR are a tad overpriced here. QPR Win @ 3/1 Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Aston Villa - Wigan Athletic -Villa have NEVER won against Wigan at home since they met. Wigan won twice and snatched several draws at Villa Park. -All games ever played here ended up UNDER 2.5 since 2005. VERDICT: UNDER 2.5, WIGAN AH +1 Tottenham Hotspurs - Arsenal -The London derby always ended up both teams scoring except for the goal-less 0-0 one in 2009. -Arsenal's defense has been awful and lack coordination lately, while Spurs can't seem to stop producing goals at this moment. -Both teams have been taking turns beating each other evenly. VERDICT: BOTH TEAM TO SCORE, OVER 2.5, ADEBAYOR TO CELEBRATE IN FRONT OF ARSENAL FANS IF SCORE ONE, ANOTHER ARSENAL PLAYER GETS INJURED.

Fulham v QPR Personally i think QPR have a decent chance to win this game. I know Fulham are very tough to beat at home but i dont think they have been playing at all well, and i think QPR have been playing fantastic stuff the past few games. I think they deserved a win against Villa , i thought they were by far the better team. Barton has been a great buy for them, brings a bit of stability and bite into the midfield, they just look so much more organised than at the start of the season. QPR have also been doing very well on the road with 2 wins and 1 draw from 3 games, beating Wolves away 3-0 and beating Everton away 1-0. Fulham have had 3 home games resulting in 3 draws against Blackburn, Villa and City but this is a big derby also and i think QPR are a tad overpriced here. QPR Win @ 3/1 Bet365
Yeah, I was thinking those odds look high. QPR in decent form. Local derby. Fulham just played away in Europe.