** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Wolves - Newcastle = over (2.00) bet365 Wolves position 12° points 7 Newcastle position 4° points 12 Preview: Wolves: in doubt: Stearman (defender 6 / 0), Craddock (defender 0 / 0); injured: Zubar (defender 0 / 0), Foley (defender 3 / 0). Newcastle: injured: Shola Ameobi (forward 4 / 0), Alan Smith (forward 1 / 0), Mike Williamson (defender 1 / 0). The Wolves had a score of w2-d1-l3 goals scored 5 goals against 8, while Newcastle has a score of w3-d3-l0 goals scored 7 goals against 3. The Wolves are a team that has many problems, especially in defense. After a positive start with two victories in the championship due to injury, the situation is precipitated with three consecutive defeats undergoing seven goals. Newcastle is located in the top of the standings despite having sold some important players like Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Jose Enrique. However at the end of Newcastle has assembled a good team with the inclusion of a great striker Demba Ba as. I think this is a game with a lot of actions to goals. Earlier last season: 1-1 (Wolverhampton in house) and 4-1 (Newcastle at home). Record away from home this season for Newcastle: 1-2-0. A year ago, Wolverhampton was 17 in the standings with his 5 points. Now it is 12 with 7 points. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Everton - Liverpool
Selection Liverpool -0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.65
Reasoning Liverpool lose the last two away matches but this time they are playing in Liverpool against local rival Everton so they will not feel as visitor today. Liverpool defeated Woolves in last Premier League game 2-1 but they missed couple of good chances over goal, while Everton didn't do so well against Manchester City after they have just two shot on goal. Everton big star offensive player Tim Cahill will miss this game with injrury this is bad news to their coach because his team is not in a good fit at the moment. On the other hand if Liverpool want to reach champions league spot they should win this one. Steven Gerrard is back after six months and maybe this is the key to this game.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Blackburn - Manchester City
Selection under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 12bet@ 2.49
Reasoning City will be exhausted and in a sulky mood after trip to Munich and loss 2-0 loss there against Bayern. They know this will be tough game because Rovers scored four to the Gunners so I think City will play more in defense today waiting for a counters like they were playing last season on the road. On the other hand Rovers need of points to go far of relegation zone but I don't think they will throw all in offense because a point here will be very well goalless draw or minimal win to City for me.

yes i feel liverpool will get something out of this game
Why? ;) Personally I feel the draw here is the best option @ 3.25 with various firms... I couldn't back Liverpool away from home at the minute with the odds available, and Everton have only beaten Liverpool once in the last nine encounters, taking advantage of the state Liverpool were in last season. Then if we take into account Liverpool have only won two of their last seven away encounters. I also think that although Everton haven't strengthened they are still putting in a real shift for Moyes, and I don't feel they'll give in easily. Which is why I fancy the draw @ decent odds.

Can't believe I missed it' date=' but since since my stakes are so small it wouldn't have made a big difference :)[/quote'] Yeah you really gotta be careful, for example if you had backed draw and wigan seperately you would have had overall odds of 2.40 at 3/1 and 5/1. These little differences will add up in the long term.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October My bet is A.Villa : Wigan - 2-3 goals 1.909 @ sportingbet. Last 6 games between these sides ended in this section 5 times at Villa - and the last 12 games in total finished 10 times at this section between 2-3 goals :

Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan Athletic
29.12.2007 PR Wigan Athletic 1-2 Aston Villa
09.04.2007 PR Aston Villa 1-1 Wigan Athletic
19.11.2006 PR Wigan Athletic 0-0 Aston Villa
18.04.2006 PR Wigan Athletic 3-2 Aston Villa
22.10.2005 PR Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan Athletic
Also the last 12 Villa's games ended 9 times between 2-3 goals
07.05.2011 PR Aston Villa 1-1 Wigan Athletic
25.01.2011 PR Wigan Athletic 1-2 Aston Villa
16.03.2010 PR Wigan Athletic 1-2 Aston Villa
15.08.2009 PR Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan Athletic
31.01.2009 PR Aston Villa 0-0 Wigan Athletic
26.10.2008 PR Wigan Athletic 0-4 Aston Villa

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Everton v Liverpool Looking at the cards for this merseyside derby. Today's ref, Atkinson was in the middle of feisty match back in Feb 2010 and sent off 2 players then, as well as booking 5 other players. I know that it's in the past but considering it is big match for both teams, all it takes is for the occasion to get to one of them and a second yellow or even a straight red. A player to be sent off is available@ 13/8 and I like the odds for Adam to be carded @ 5/4 (both @ skybt)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Final Weekend punts: :hope Everton vs Liverpool I feel liverpool lack sharpness in attack. Suarez looks great but they have alot of inconsistant new players such as Carrol Henderson Downing who look doesnt look sharp enough. I can see liverpool scoring a goal here but Everton will also score. A draw is very likely, but the odds currently avaliable to me at 11/5 are just too low. Liverpool has more quality, but Everton is at home. I make both teams 50-50 to win thus there is value in Everton. Everton +0 @ 11/10. 10/10 Units Villa vs Wigan Villa's fans seemed to have accepted mcleish, despite being unbeaten, they have drawn far too many of their games and i feel they lack an edge. I dont know if Bent and co will be playing, but Wigan are so inconsistant that a home wil @ 4/6 is simply too short. I would have backed a draw @ 3/1, but although previous results have no memory, i just cant see Villa drawing a 5th consecutive game. Punt @ Wigan win 5/1 3/10 units Rovers vs City City odds have shortened from about 8/13 to 2/5 in the past 24 hours. City have plenty of strength and will put blackburn's defence under pressure, but away from home 2/5 is simply too short to back. Blackburn have their own problems but i dont see them winning against a solid city side. Draw 7/2 3/10 units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Liverpool and the draw looks like a good bet really cant see everton wining this one. Wont be too many goals in this contest, it think its safe to go under 3.5, Everton probably doing a lot of solid work in defence and liverpool wasting the ball.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Everton vs Liverpool Last week Everton did pretty well against Man City and were unluck not to be able to hold on. With Everton they are stuggling to score goals, but just feel today with the local derby Everton will get a result here . With Cahill and Saha upfront i feel everton will be effective and be able to get on thre score sheet, upo against a liverpool back four which i feel is lacking at prescent My Bet Everton @ 3.2 Betdaq Good Luck All

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Sunderland vs West Brom Albion I do not see a turning point from Sunderland these days. They have just 3 wins in 2011 at home and West Brom is not coming here to change the T-Shirts. They are desperate to win points and it means to me that they will get at least one. away +0.25 AH @ 2.04 with 188bet

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Aston Villa vs Wigan Mark Clattenburg has refereed 3 games this season and all of them have ended below 3.5 cards. In fact, he has an average of 2.0 cards per game. See no reason why this should not come through today. 5pts Under 3.5 Cards @ 1.85 bet365 Blackburn vs Man City Man City come into this game off a 2-0 loss. Blackburn come into this game after a 3-1 loss to Newcastle. I see nothing less than a thrashing by Man City who have a lot of firepower and should beat Blackburn convincingly. Mancini is also under some pressure and all things considered, I see a convincing victory for Man City against a Blackburn side who looks like they are heading for relegation. 5pts Man City (-1.0 AH) @ 1.72 bet365

I'm going to join a few others in going for; Wolves vs Newcastle – over 2.5 goals 2.1 at Ladbrokes (3/10 units)
:ok Thought the third goal was never going to come but thankfully in the end it did. +3.3 units profit.

Bye bye Rodwell :lol I support Liverpool & even I saw Rodwell got the ball.
It was a foul but the red was harsh, yes. Technically it could have been a red, he did lead with his studs. Still a bit harsh. It'll all work out well for Everton though, they can actually build a transfer fund with all the coins thrown at Suarez:D Tomorrow I like Chelsea to win, AVB is getting them going - they were really unlucky against Valencia and Utd, and have won all their other games since opening day I believe. Bolton have lost 9 out of their last 10 league games and Chelsea won this fixture 4-0 last time. Available at 1.5 at 365 Also like goals in Spuds - Arse, don't really think that needs a write up, with the sides' strengths and weaknesses and also the history of goals in this fixture recently (3-3 and 3-2 last year, for example).

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Bolton - Chelsea Bolton will miss many players for this game. In my opinion most important absentees are goalkeeper Jussi Jaskelainen and Ivan Klasnic. Moreover, some other important players like Gael Kakuta and Gary Cahill. Bolton started season very badly and managed only 1 win. Chelsea will only miss Fernando Torres and Michael Essien and they have a good squad to get all 3 points here. Also they have a good record away against Bolton winning last 4 games without conceding a goal. In the last 3 games they won by more than 1 goal and in their last 2 games managed away against Bolton managed 4-0 wins. I don't believe that this depleted Bolton squad can get anything against Chelsea and can see the blues winning comfortably. Chelsea -1 AH @ 1.85 (5 units) Bet365

Blackburn - Man City Blackburn boss Steve Kean is in all sorts of trouble at the moment as his side is not playing well and it's rumoured that he is the first EPL manager to be sacked this season. Olsson is out, while Salgado and Dann were rated doubtful. Blackburn managed to beat only Arsenal here but in fact Arsenal scored 2 of Blackburns 4 goals, while they lost to Wolves and Everton (unluckily, though) And here comes a game against City, who will be wounded after Munich defeat. They will go out to win surely and with the class of the players they have, I think they can take full advantage of Blackburn's poor defence. I won't be surprised to see Kean sacked after this one My selections: Man City -1 ah @2 9/10 City goals >2.5 @2.75 10/10 City goals >3.5 @6 2/10 City & >2.5 @2.25 5/10 with bet365
this is a nice winner :)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Moving quickly on to sunday... Arsenal vs Tottenham Its all pretty obvious that theres going to be goals here, and theres really no reason why tommorow should be any different! So: Over 2.5 goals 8/13 10/10 Over 3.5 goals 6/5 6/10 I felt tottenham have a great chance to beat Arsenal before looking at the odds this season, but after looking at the odds they looked really thin for value. Had a bad saturday going for the underdogs, but Wenger is still an excellent manager and Although his team is very fragile at the back, they have plenty of attacking flare and with a team like tottenham always looking like conceading, this is perfect for Arsenal. Let a couple of goals in and score more for yourself. Arsenal 13/5 10/10 is too good odds to resist! Lets hope I have better luck this time! :hope Swansea vs Stoke Ive been looking at this one for a long time, but in the end it was the odds that made my decision. I backed stoke to beat besiktas on thursday and Stoke looked really solid in defence and very physical in attack and defence, drawing fouls and taking advantage of all set pieces (including throw ins!). Swansea on the other hand is a team that likes to pass the ball around. I feel although they lack penetration they will have good ball posession against stoke and I expect stoke to look tired from their heavy fixtures. Last game at the liberty stadium swansea won 3 - 0 and the fans should be in good voice. Swansea 7/4 contains fat value imo. 10/10. Lets hope for a sunny day in wales and a good result for the locals. :)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Bolton vs Chelsea Ive always felt owen coyle is an excellent manager with plenty of team spirit, but I feel they lack momentum to get some good results. Their opening day thrashing of QPR seemed an age away and their 2 - 0 win away to villa in the league cup didnt look too convincing. They will be missing kep players due to suspesion and injury. Against norwich i thought the players seemed that they didnt care about the game at all and lacked desire to win. After conescutive defeats this is not a good time to play chelsea at home. Fans will be feeling frustrated and there won't be alot of confidence for bolton going into the match. Chelsea will be missing torres through suspesion but their squad is very experienced and their defence is very solid. Their midweek game against valencia they played very well but lacked sharpness in finishing for their strikers. They might look tired after the game but saturday's results from Manchester should motivate them to win the game. Chelsea WIN 8/15 10/10 Fulham vs QPR Fulham got a good result on thursday in the europa league but fielded a strong team. They are well up and running in this season and everything is going fine especially in europe. But they really need a home win to get their season under-way. Fulham's players should enjoy this fixture on a sunny sunday afternoon after their europa league success. Craven cottage will be full and i expect the players to play with confidence. The players could be abit tired but i feel the compact stadium of fans of craven cottage will noise their team forward. Also it seems the bookies classify QPR as a regular premier league team now and i see odds of about EVS 5/2 3/1, which you expect to see in two evenly matched premier league teams. For me although QPR have had some great signings and they look like a good team, they are still abit short. I backed QPR to beat wolves a couple of weeks ago at 16/5 which they won. Fulham will be much much tougher to beat and is much more consistant than wolves. So: Fulham +0 1/2 10/10 Fulham WIN 8/10 EVS

Moving quickly on to sunday... Arsenal vs Tottenham Its all pretty obvious that theres going to be goals here, and theres really no reason why tommorow should be any different! So: Over 2.5 goals 8/13 10/10 Over 3.5 goals 6/5 6/10 I felt tottenham have a great chance to beat Arsenal before looking at the odds this season, but after looking at the odds they looked really thin for value. Had a bad saturday going for the underdogs, but Wenger is still an excellent manager and Although his team is very fragile at the back, they have plenty of attacking flare and with a team like tottenham always looking like conceading, this is perfect for Arsenal. Let a couple of goals in and score more for yourself. Arsenal 13/5 10/10 is too good odds to resist! Lets hope I have better luck this time! :hope Swansea vs Stoke Ive been looking at this one for a long time, but in the end it was the odds that made my decision. I backed stoke to beat besiktas on thursday and Stoke looked really solid in defence and very physical in attack and defence, drawing fouls and taking advantage of all set pieces (including throw ins!). Swansea on the other hand is a team that likes to pass the ball around. I feel although they lack penetration they will have good ball posession against stoke and I expect stoke to look tired from their heavy fixtures. Last game at the liberty stadium swansea won 3 - 0 and the fans should be in good voice. Swansea 7/4 contains fat value imo. 10/10. Lets hope for a sunny day in wales and a good result for the locals. :)
A team that always look like conceding? Since the bad defeats against Manchester United and Manchester City at the start of the season, our results have read: Wolves 0 Spurs 2 Stoke 0 Spurs 0 (and game went to 120 minutes) Spurs 4 Liverpool 0 Wigan 1 Spurs 2 Spurs 3 Shamrock Rovers 1 Yup, I see where you're coming from when you say that we always look like conceding. When King plays, our backline is a lot stronger for it and with Parker there to shield the defence, we look like conceding a lot less. I think King is a huge influence and although due to Arsenal's insistence on attacking there is good chance we will concede 1, I refute the fact that we 'always' look like conceding.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October EDIT: DJ: I know recently its been much better but teams such as wigan, wolves and shamrock rovers are much weaker than teams like Arsenal. I seem to remember wild scorelines such as 4 - 3 against wolves and the 3 - 3 and 3 - 2 games against arsenal from last season that gave me the impression. Liverpool were down to 10 and 9 men for most of the game and the cup game is abit different imo and it was really dry and lacked chances, probably the boringest game ive ever watched! I do really appreciate comments about my posts: Im not the most sucessful punter and i would love it if anyone more experienced can point out some wrong bets that are perhaps too short or the analysis is wrong! My 2010-2011 season I bet on every single English premier league game, all 380 of them and put 2850 units on with about 2800 units return.

Aston Villa vs Wigan Mark Clattenburg has refereed 3 games this season and all of them have ended below 3.5 cards. In fact, he has an average of 2.0 cards per game. See no reason why this should not come through today. 5pts Under 3.5 Cards @ 1.85 bet365 Blackburn vs Man City Man City come into this game off a 2-0 loss. Blackburn come into this game after a 3-1 loss to Newcastle. I see nothing less than a thrashing by Man City who have a lot of firepower and should beat Blackburn convincingly. Mancini is also under some pressure and all things considered, I see a convincing victory for Man City against a Blackburn side who looks like they are heading for relegation. 5pts Man City (-1.0 AH) @ 1.72 bet365
Woop! 2 out of 2! :beer

A team that always look like conceding? Since the bad defeats against Manchester United and Manchester City at the start of the season, our results have read: Wolves 0 Spurs 2 Stoke 0 Spurs 0 (and game went to 120 minutes) Spurs 4 Liverpool 0 Wigan 1 Spurs 2 Spurs 3 Shamrock Rovers 1 Yup, I see where you're coming from when you say that we always look like conceding. When King plays, our backline is a lot stronger for it and with Parker there to shield the defence, we look like conceding a lot less. I think King is a huge influence and although due to Arsenal's insistence on attacking there is good chance we will concede 1, I refute the fact that we 'always' look like conceding.
Okay, you kept a clean sheet against Wolves and Stoke, but the Liverpool one is harder to make a case with, with the dismissals. Three went in in half an hour at Old Trafford, and obviously five at home against Man City. I wouldn't phrase it ''always look like conceding'' but the open style of your game means it's never really a surprise when you let one in.

Bolton - Chelsea Bolton will miss many players for this game. In my opinion most important absentees are goalkeeper Jussi Jaskelainen and Ivan Klasnic. Moreover, some other important players like Gael Kakuta and Gary Cahill. Bolton started season very badly and managed only 1 win. Chelsea will only miss Fernando Torres and Michael Essien and they have a good squad to get all 3 points here. Also they have a good record away against Bolton winning last 4 games without conceding a goal. In the last 3 games they won by more than 1 goal and in their last 2 games managed away against Bolton managed 4-0 wins. I don't believe that this depleted Bolton squad can get anything against Chelsea and can see the blues winning comfortably. Chelsea -1 AH @ 1.85 (5 units) Bet365
It's actually Wheater and not Cahill that's suspended, mate. Not too much to add. Bolton look a mess, and I can't see Chelsea allowing themselves to fall behind City and United after their victories. I think Chelsea are doing pretty well under Villas-boas; he seems to of adapted very quickly. Interesting stat is Bolton haven't scored at home in this fixture in the last eight, for any clean sheet backers. Don't like clean sheet bets myself, as all it takes is a flukey goal to scupper things, like at Old Trafford today. So I'll just follow on the handicap.