** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October

Blackburn V Man City Going to have a go at Man City goals here. Blackburn have failed to keep a clean sheet this season, including at home to League 1 Sheff Wed & Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup (albeit weakened teams in both). Last 2 games: Newcastle (A) Lost 3-1 The home team mustered an impressive 19 attempts, 8 on target. The same Newcastle team that had only managed 4 goals in their previous 5 games. Arsenal (H) Won 4-3 Arsenal may have lost, but my lasting memory of this game was how easily they were carving out opportunities. They had a whopping 24 attempts, with 16 on target. Scott Dann is a doubt for Blackburn, and if he doesn't make it, it makes this even more likely. City lost to Bayern during the week, but they did create plenty of chances in the first 30 mins. They followed their last CL fixture with a 2-2 draw at Fulham, however they lead 2-0 and seem to have just taken their eye off the ball there. I would expect that to be a lesson learned. With the players Mancini has at his disposal, City will get goals. Simple as. So will back over 1.5 and over 2.5 City goals, to leave a push on 2, and profit on 3 or more. However over 1.5 is 1.61, whereas City are 1.75 to win the "Race to 2 Goals" with WH, so I will play that. I reckon Blackburn will be happy with a draw, and so even if it got to 1-1, I would envisage them concentrating on defending rather than attacking. 2pts Man City - Race to 2 Goals @1.75 (WH) 1.5pts Man City o2.5gls @3.1 (Corals) :hope
FT 4-0 +4.65pts :cigar

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Fulham - QPR The hosts look the your last well. Cool back in the match with MCity plus easy victory in the EL, certainly optimistic. The hosts were always a team of his pitches, and only slip-up with Rovers, confirms this. Specially pasting a link of the match from the City, which shows that the draw was quite fair. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14869932.stm The hosts this season did not win, I think that now is the perfect opportunity. Guests recently also on the wave, but opponents were not too demanding. Harder to them will be without two defenders Gabbidon and Traore. I think it's a good time to win. Fulham @ 2,00 8/10 in expekt

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Winless Whites to Win tomorrow Since following Fulham this has to be the strangest start to a season for a long time. Really did think we would have a win by now and on another day we could have easily taken 3 points back from the Hawthorns. I went to that game and we were fortunate not to come back with a win. Our first half performance was very good. We battled to get the ball back and kept and played patient football. The only thing which was slightly worrying was that we had so much possession, we didn't capitalize on it. We have done it before in games where we pass the ball from side to side and over pass for to long and make nothing of it. There was a lot of this in the West Brom game. We controlled the majority of the game but were lacking width and a bit of adventure in the final ball. Duff, Zamora and AJ were all out of this game and maybe with those individuals include we could have snuck home a 1-0 win. It ended 0-0 and even though frustrating on the day, there were many positives to take from it. We then traveled to Denmark where we were really stepping into an unknown kind of fixture for us. Odense on paper have done a few good things of late and with us not being in terrific form I was a little confused to see how we were favorites to win that game. However I was delighted to see Fulham prove the bookmakers knowledge and grind out a gritty away win. We showed a bit more directness going forward and AJ showed his 10million pound price tag to net twice. We looked a little shaky at the back but we reshuffled slightly. Since the draw at home to Man City we have carried on momentum into the Chelsea league cup game and not loosing at WBA. Taking 3 points away in Europe I believe Fulham are doing everything right to get the first win in the EPL. This is a derby and one the fans have been looking forward to for sometime. Been a lot of hype about QPR of recent and I have watched them twice on SKY at home to Newcastle and Villa. They really should have spanked Newcastle and a jammy og got them a point against Villa where they were big punting favorites. Away from home they have done ok. The Everton win was a different side to what we are seeing now, but the Wolves win shows what they can do. On our day we are a much better side than Wolves and think tomorrow will be harder for them. Both teams are very similar in how they play football and the physical side of the game. We have defended a little sketchy to start the season but we have 3 back to back clean sheets and a good win in Europe. With the likes of bobby, Duff and AJ being amongst the action and Ruiz who will finally get going soon I am confident we can get the win tomorrow. Another simple one here which I will be getting stuck into to Fulham to win at 2.00 b365 Good luck :hope COYW FTID

Blackburn V Man City Going to have a go at Man City goals here. Blackburn have failed to keep a clean sheet this season, including at home to League 1 Sheff Wed & Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup (albeit weakened teams in both). Last 2 games: Newcastle (A) Lost 3-1 The home team mustered an impressive 19 attempts, 8 on target. The same Newcastle team that had only managed 4 goals in their previous 5 games. Arsenal (H) Won 4-3 Arsenal may have lost, but my lasting memory of this game was how easily they were carving out opportunities. They had a whopping 24 attempts, with 16 on target. Scott Dann is a doubt for Blackburn, and if he doesn't make it, it makes this even more likely. City lost to Bayern during the week, but they did create plenty of chances in the first 30 mins. They followed their last CL fixture with a 2-2 draw at Fulham, however they lead 2-0 and seem to have just taken their eye off the ball there. I would expect that to be a lesson learned. With the players Mancini has at his disposal, City will get goals. Simple as. So will back over 1.5 and over 2.5 City goals, to leave a push on 2, and profit on 3 or more. However over 1.5 is 1.61, whereas City are 1.75 to win the "Race to 2 Goals" with WH, so I will play that. I reckon Blackburn will be happy with a draw, and so even if it got to 1-1, I would envisage them concentrating on defending rather than attacking. 2pts Man City - Race to 2 Goals @1.75 (WH) 1.5pts Man City o2.5gls @3.1 (Corals) :hope
FT: 0-4 :clap :clap :clap :clap Excellent value on this one, I think

Blackburn - Man City Blackburn boss Steve Kean is in all sorts of trouble at the moment as his side is not playing well and it's rumoured that he is the first EPL manager to be sacked this season. Olsson is out, while Salgado and Dann were rated doubtful. Blackburn managed to beat only Arsenal here but in fact Arsenal scored 2 of Blackburns 4 goals, while they lost to Wolves and Everton (unluckily, though) And here comes a game against City, who will be wounded after Munich defeat. They will go out to win surely and with the class of the players they have, I think they can take full advantage of Blackburn's poor defence. I won't be surprised to see Kean sacked after this one My selections: Man City -1 ah @2 9/10 City goals >2.5 @2.75 10/10 City goals >3.5 @6 2/10 City & >2.5 @2.25 5/10 with bet365
:clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Chelsea -1.5 @ Bolton. 2.40 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Bolton without a win in PL in last 4 matches. Their record against Blues is terrible, especially at home where they have lost their last two matches against Chelsea by 4-0. The absence of Fernando Torres won't hurt Chelsea as the Spaniard is in poor form anyway. Nicolas Anelka will get a goal or two against his former team and Didier Drogba can score as well, so no problems for Chelsea in terms of getting goals. Expect a comfortable away win here. Spurs vs Arsenal. > 3 goals. 2.07 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Can't see anything other than overs in this match. Taking over 3 goals as the line for 2.5 goals is too short for my liking. Neither team can defend and therefore I expect lots of scoring chances and goals as well. Really not much to ad here.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham @ 6/5 Betfred 5pts Derby day in North London should be tantalizing affair, Spurs will bring the game to Arsenal, i expect a en explosive start from the home side similar to the game against Liverpool, the crowd will be fired up an it should work in there favour. Arsenal have only won one of their last six league meetings with Tottenham and none of the last three. Spurs more or less rested there entire 1st team so there will fresh an ready to go, Modric will cause problems an Parker should be solid, they have threat in Van der vart who has scored three goals in two appearances for Spurs against Arsenal. Im' siding with Lillywhites to grab all 3 points Adebayor to score Anytime @ 6/4 Ladbrokes 3pts Won't he just love to score against Arsenal, Emmanuel has started his Tottenham career brightly, bagging three league goals already, his been constant threat, an has linked up well with Defoe. Arsenal have got a fragile defence, i can see Adebayor exploiting this. Fulham v QPR under 2.5 goals @ 8/11 Betfred 3pts Both teams have tight units they don't really give away much. Fulham at Home is not an easy place to go, QPR will set out there stall to not concede an early goal, an try an nick something when the opportunity comes. Interestingly enough Fullham have gone over 2.5 goals 3 times out of 11 in all competitions an QPR have gone over 2.5 goals 2 times out of 7. I invision a low scoring game on the cards Swansea 0 (AH) @ 1.875 Bet 365 3pts Here's to hoping Stoke have some sort of hangover from there midweek European game. Newly prompted teams really need to make there home ground a fortress an the Swans are unbeaten at home albeit the 1st two were 0-0 draws, i expect them to take heart from there 3-0 win against West Brom an look at it as something to build on, so i'm happy to side with them with some draw cover

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Fulham - QPR: Draw @ 3.50 (Skybet) 10/10 Fulham has indicated a propensity towards the draw result. The hosts have a 0-4-2 overall record and 3 consecutive draws. Hence, odds of around 2.00 for Fulham's win are not that good. Two out of Fulham's home matches (all draw results) have ended under 2.5 goals. Fulham will have to cope with a bit of fatigue given Thursday's Europa League match against Odense. QPR have performed in a sound manner (2-2-2 overall record) and appear to be better in away matches (2-0-1 away record). 66.7% of QPR's matches this season have ended with under 2.5 goals. The match will probably be tight and low scoring which increases the chances of the draw result. The draw represents a good percentage bet given the match up and the dynamics of the match.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham vs Arsenal Everybody seems that the Spurs will win but we forget that this is a derby match in which anything can happen. But Tottenham looks great indeed. They are solid in attack and midfield and can put any team to the wall. Arsenal is having a shaky defense. They have been thrashed by Manchester and Blackburn and they enter in this game as underdogs. I will go against everyone's opinion and I will say that Arsenal will not lose this game. They have a good morale after 3 consecutive wins and the greatest results are built on this kind of results. They promised the revival in the Dortmund game, but were still having a poor morale and lost to Blackburn. I still remember an attacking situation of Arsenal at 1-0 when Gervinho preferred to shoot instead of a simple pass to Van persie which would have surely made a 2-0 lead. With that, Arsenal would have been 3 points above! away +0.5 AH @ 1.79 with Canbet[url=http://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle-sports/link/]

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Bolton v Chelsea CHELSEA WIN Bolton manager Owen Coyle faces further selection issues ahead of his side's clash with Chelsea at the Reebok Stadium on Sunday. Coyle is already without a number of long-term injured, with the casualty list compounded this week when it was announced midfielder Stuart Holden faces another six months on the sidelines with a knee problem. To add to his woes, on-loan Gael Kakuta is ineligible as he cannot face his parent club, David Wheater and Ivan Klasnic are suspended, and goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen is doubtful with a leg knock. Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League games against Bolton (W12 D3 L0) with the Blues winning the last six in a row and not conceding in the last four. Bolton have lost the last eight Premier League games in a row at the Reebok versus Chelsea, the longest losing run of any team at home to a single opponent. Bolton haven’t scored in that eight game run and hold the record for the longest run of home games against a single opponent without scoring in Premier League history. Bolton have lost their last five home matches, their longest run in the history of top flight football. Oddly, before this run, they won five matches in a row at the Reebok Stadium. Nicolas Anelka has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League games against Bolton. Didier Drogba has scored five goals in his last six appearances against Bolton in all competitions and in his last two games at the Reebok Stadium. Chelsea have won just one of their last five Premier League away games (W1 D1 L3). Bolton have lost 10 of their last 11 Premier League matches. The Trotters have drawn just one of their last 22 Premier League matches. Chelsea have drawn only one of their last 19 Premier League visits to play north west clubs. BOLTON J. Jääskeläinen,D. Boyata,Z. Knight,G. Cahill,P. Robinson,N. Reo-Coker,F. Muamba,D. Pratley,M. Petrov,K. Davies,T. Sanli CHELSEA P. Cech,J. Bosingwa,David Luiz,J. Terry,A. Cole,J. Mikel,Ramires,F. Lampard,N. Anelka,J. Mata,D. Drogba

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Swansea vs Stoke City Swansea must win as many points as they can at home if they will want to stay in this League. They have the power to do it and are still unbeaten. Both teams are playing very good at home. Stoke is very physical, while Swansea likes a game of passing. Main problemns for Swansea were converting the opportunities that have created. And these opportunities have been numerous. Except the Chelsea episode, Swansea have been pretty good team and winning against West Brom is another prove of power at home. home 0 AH @ 1.86 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Bolton vs Chelsea I think that this game will produce a huge surprise and I think will have a tougher game than is supposed to be. Bolton lost all the games except the first one when they managed to win against QPR. They faced all the good teams and after this meeting can start building against weaker team. Chelsea is not a goal scoring machine under Villas Boas, like it used to be Porto. They have big problems ins coring and especially away. With 3 strikers out of form as Torres, Anelka and Drogba are, we cannot expect many goals in this clash. Personally I do not think Chelsea will win this game. Bolton will defend and will counterattack. under 2.75 @ 2.05 with 188bet

Winless Whites to Win tomorrow Since following Fulham this has to be the strangest start to a season for a long time. Really did think we would have a win by now and on another day we could have easily taken 3 points back from the Hawthorns. I went to that game and we were fortunate not to come back with a win. Our first half performance was very good. We battled to get the ball back and kept and played patient football. The only thing which was slightly worrying was that we had so much possession, we didn't capitalize on it. We have done it before in games where we pass the ball from side to side and over pass for to long and make nothing of it. There was a lot of this in the West Brom game. We controlled the majority of the game but were lacking width and a bit of adventure in the final ball. Duff, Zamora and AJ were all out of this game and maybe with those individuals include we could have snuck home a 1-0 win. It ended 0-0 and even though frustrating on the day, there were many positives to take from it. We then traveled to Denmark where we were really stepping into an unknown kind of fixture for us. Odense on paper have done a few good things of late and with us not being in terrific form I was a little confused to see how we were favorites to win that game. However I was delighted to see Fulham prove the bookmakers knowledge and grind out a gritty away win. We showed a bit more directness going forward and AJ showed his 10million pound price tag to net twice. We looked a little shaky at the back but we reshuffled slightly. Since the draw at home to Man City we have carried on momentum into the Chelsea league cup game and not loosing at WBA. Taking 3 points away in Europe I believe Fulham are doing everything right to get the first win in the EPL. This is a derby and one the fans have been looking forward to for sometime. Been a lot of hype about QPR of recent and I have watched them twice on SKY at home to Newcastle and Villa. They really should have spanked Newcastle and a jammy og got them a point against Villa where they were big punting favorites. Away from home they have done ok. The Everton win was a different side to what we are seeing now, but the Wolves win shows what they can do. On our day we are a much better side than Wolves and think tomorrow will be harder for them. Both teams are very similar in how they play football and the physical side of the game. We have defended a little sketchy to start the season but we have 3 back to back clean sheets and a good win in Europe. With the likes of bobby, Duff and AJ being amongst the action and Ruiz who will finally get going soon I am confident we can get the win tomorrow. Another simple one here which I will be getting stuck into to Fulham to win at 2.00 b365 Good luck :hope COYW FTID
thank you for a great preview, I also think Fulham will get a win here. QPR are overvalued by many; they may have performed very well of late but let's not forget they are a newly-promoted side who meets a Premier League well established side who looks like getting to a good form. Home win for me as well Cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottanham V Arsenal Over 4,5 There were 16 goals scored in the three meetings between Arsenal and Tottenham last season and four penalties netted. Robin van Persie has scored four goals in his last four Premier League starts against Spurs. Rafael van der Vaart has scored three goals in his two Premier League appearances against the Gunners. Gareth Bale has scored three goals in the Premier League against Arsenal, more than versus any other opponent.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham vs Arsenal Pick: Home win Probable starting eleven: Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Krancjar, Parker, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Song, Santos, Arteta, Frimpong, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie, Arshavin Arsenal is in the deepest crisis in the last 20 years. The manager Arsen Wenger is also under the big pressure and I don't see the way he can handle with that. Fabregas and Nasri departures are the main reason for the bad results. Arsenal is particularly bad on road. After the goalless draw with Newcastle in the first round, Arsenal suffered a catastrophe from Manchester United (heavy defeat of 8:2) and painful loss from Blackburn (4:3). I don't see something positive and I expect another defeat for Arsenal. Tottenham is a strong team, the players will be extremely motivated against the city rival and I believe they are able to win. Even more as Tottenham is in series of three consecutive victories in the Premier League, against Wolverhampton, Liverpool and Wigan, plus the victory in UEFA Europe League against Shamrock Rovers. For this match both managers have some problems. Harry Redknapp will be without William Gallas, Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone. On other side Arsen Wenger will be without Gervinho, Laurent Koscielny, Yossi Benayoun and Johan Djourou.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Chelsea are massive at 1/2, usually limit my bets to £50 but going to have £100 on this. Bolton have klasnic suspended and Terry will keep Davies in his pocket so can't even see them scoring. Chelsea on the other hand will start with Drogba who is fighting for a regular starting place and Fatty Lampard who looks to have regained his scoring touch, could get 3 or 4 here.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Pick: Home win Probable starting eleven: Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Krancjar, Parker, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor
I would expect to see Sandro and VDV in before Krancjar and possibly Defo. I think the fact Defo played on Thursday means we might start with VDV today. :ok COYS

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Spurs vs Arsenal - Spurs to win 2.20 at Paddy Power (3.5 units) The results between these two last year showed that there isn't too much between them, indeed Spurs won away and then got a draw at White Hart Lane. The Arsenal team in those matches included Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Wilshire, Koscielny, and Diaby all of whom wont be playing today due to having left the club or through injury. With all those players gone / out I just don't see how Arsenal will be able to match Spurs as they did in the 3-3 draw last year. Spurs are more or less at full strength and King is likely to start which is a huge boost for them. A lot has been said in the media about Arsenal now having their confidence back with 3 wins in a row, but they were against Shrewsbury (who gave them plenty of scares in the first half), a 10 man Bolton team and Olympaikos who were able to create plenty of chances and could of got something from that game. Hardly convincing in my eyes. Spurs played very well against Wolves and Wigan (especially in the first half and then took it easy) and the new signings Parker and Adebayor have settled in very easily. With the latter as the focal point of the attack with Bale, VDV and Modric operating around him I think this will cause too many problems for the Arsenal defence to handle. Bolton vs Chelsea - Chelsea -1 2.25 at Ladbrokes (3 units) Much has already been said on this thread about this match with Boltons suspensions, injuries and general terrible form. A confident Chelsea will be looking to take the game to Bolton and given how well they have been playing this season they are likely to bag a few goals. I think Mata could have a field day up against Steinsen and Knight on the right hand side of that Bolton defence. Bolton offer very little threat other than Martin Petrov going forward as Klasnic is suspended, and with such limited attacking options I think they will be stuck in their own half for large periods of the game, which doesn't bode well when your coming up against a team as attacking as Chelsea are. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October I think the stat that Chelsea have won this fixture to nil the last eight times is an amazing one, and would be surprised to see anything other than another victory here today. I actually fancy there to be a lack of goals across the board today bar the Arsenal game. I fancy the Chelsea win, but based on the fact Bolton usually struggle to score, you'd need a Chelsea 3-0 win, which I'd like to bet against to be honest. Six out of the eight previous Chelsea victories have been either one or two nil wins. Under 2.5 goals is priced @ 2.2 - BET365. Swansea V Stoke has under 2.5 goals stamped all over it in very big red letters. I'd expect Swansea to again have the majority of possession and to control the game, while Stoke should be defensively solid enough to hold off Swansea's attack. Available @ 1.68 - Betfair. Judging by Stoke's poor away record I'd expect them to keep it fairly organised, but I don't expect them to see the ball much. Fulham V Q.P.R. also looks very underish to me. Q.P.R. have spent big and now look much better going forward than they did, to add to that they're still pretty solid defensively. I'm not really sure for how long they can keep up the intensity levels at which they tend to play, but because of the fact this is another London derby I think both sides will play out a tight contest here. Fulham, bar the Man City game (where they capitalised on City's complacency), haven't exactly been prolific, so I'd expect another tight contest here. Available @ 1.8 - StanJames. Also, I really wouldn't make Q.P.R. such long shots to win here. They've shown they have no fear home and away against some established EPL sides, and I'd expect them to carve out enough chances to take something today. Q.P.R. + 0.5 @ 1.9 - BET365 would be my call. Fulham haven't set the world alight just yet under Martin Jol. Elsewhere, I really want to oppose Arsenal. I just think the balance of power is shifting slightly, and Spurs are better prepared for this game. However, having said that, Arsenal may respond better as underdogs because noone expects them to get anything. No bet for me. Spurs just look too obvious.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Tottenham - Arsenal
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.58
Reasoning If Arsenal fail today this will be big disaster to this strong in the past team the title and champion league spot will be far away. Arsenal have Persi, Gervinho, Wallcott, Ramzey, Arteta in their offense, Arshavin also may help today this game not be lost. On the other hand Tottenham are going today after three win in a row they know their big enemy is not the same team like past few years sure will try to take all three points. It is interesting that Totthenam also failed agaisnt City 1-5 at home 3-0 vs United so I think Venger should see this problems in Spur defense. I think Arsenal will not win today but if they drew no one will accuse them in poor playing.

Event Fulham - QPR
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.46
Reasoning In normal situation I sure should back home win but host team today Fulham had tough encounter in Odense on Thursday match won 0-1, so away team QPR will be with fresher legs today this is their chance to take points. The last three Fulham games finished draw including two at home vs Man City and Blackburn, I must say that Fulham steal a points of City after trailing 0-2 early in second period. On the other hand QPR are going today after two draw and win in last three games, they also keep good away fit two win of last three away matches over Everton 0-1 and Wolves 0-3 so this team know what to do taking a points against this tough rival.

My view on MY biggest game of the season: The Merseyside Derby Do not let Evertons results flatter you! They have had a pretty easy start to the season playing sides who are expecting to be around about 15-20th apart from Man City. They lost at home to QPR, luckily defeated Wigan and Blackburn as they were dominated in large spells by both sides. Tim Cahill picked up a knock against Man City, they expect him to play however. Everton lack a goalscorer as we all know, they seem to have a solid midfield now with Jack Rodwell proving his worth impressing so far this season paired by Mauroane Fellaini who loves Derby Day may I add. I can see these 2 hard to break down and will just sit and stop any Liverpool attack. Every merseyside derby in the past few years David Moyes has set his side out to draw, be hard to break down and settle for the draw. I do not see this changing here. Liverpool have Agger out for this game. A massive blow considering the form of Skrtel and Carragher. Henderson is also not fitting in well at the moment, therefore I think Kuyt needs to start and probably willl. At the moment I think we rely too much on Downing and Suarez to break down defences with Adam often sitting deeper and spraying passes around, this worries me as I know Everton will have 2 defensive midfielders on saturday therefore could be hard to break down. Should be interesting to see if Carroll starts as he played his best this season in a red shirt against Wolves. If he does I expect route 1 football with Carragher and Skrtel just hoofing the ball towards his as they always do. I see a tight game, maybe a little bit biased but I see Everton holding on in the first half keeping it tight however the gates opening in the 2nd half and Liverpool becoming victorious. My predicted Line Ups: Howard Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines Rodwell Fellaini Coleman Osman Drenthe Cahill Reina Kelly Carragher Skrtel Enrique Lucas Adam Kuyt Suarez Downing MY BETS: Draw/Liverpool - Halftime/Fulltime - 6.5 Unibet :D Correct Score - 2-1 Liverpool 11.00 Ladbrokes :eyes Half of first goal - 2nd Half 3.3 William Hill :D Both Teams to Score - Yes 1.9 William Hill :eyes Under 2.5 Goals - Victor Chandler 1.75 :D
3 out of 5

Event Swansea - Stoke City
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.30
Reasoning Another tough encounter, Swansea is still undefeated at home one win in last home match against WBA 3-0 and two goalless draw with Wigan and Sunderland. They will meet tough rival today who is in very good so a points here will be very good to the Welsh club. On the other hand Stoke are definitely stronger club of these two but they had tough encounter on Thursday against Besiktas so host team will be with fresher legs. City holds 1-1-1 record on the road but I want to remember what happened after their game in Ukraine vs Dynamo Kiev few days later they failed 4-0 at Sunderland so draw today will be good to both teams.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Bolton vs Chelsea 3 out of 3 of Bolton's home games have ended with Over 11 corners. Only 1 out of 3 of Chelsea's away games have ended with Over 11 corners. One thing to note is that, all 3 of Chelsea's away games have ended with Over 9 Corners. With our stake being returned for exactly 11 corners, I am more than happy to be on this bet at this decent-ish price. 5pts Over 11.0 Asian Total Corners @ 1.875 bet365 Tottenham vs Arsenal The last 9 out of 10 matches between these two teams have ended with Over 2.5 goals. Both teams have showed a good improvement of form of late and scoring goals has not been a problem for either sides with the attacking minded players that both teams possess. Defensively, one can argue that both teams are lacking at the back given the goals both teams have leaked in their matches this season. Straight forward bet for me, seeing at least 3 goals in this fixture. 5pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 Coral Bet strength range: 1-10

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Everton - Liverpool over 2.5 @ 2.13 :eyes Aston Villa - Wigan over 2.5 @ 1.97 :eyes Man City -1.5 @ 2.70 :D Man Utd - Norwich under 3.5 @ 1.96 :D Sunderland @ 2.33 :eyes Newcastle @ 3.04 :D Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.26 pinnacle Bolton have lost their last 5 games with 4 goals scored in them, but have conceded 16 goals in these games, as the defence has been floundering. Injuries have taken their toll on them and are much to do with this poor form as much as their inability to keep a solid defensive line. While they do not have to face Torres, they do have to face Drogba who should replace him. Chelsea have a very good record against Bolton as they have won 12 and drawn 3 of their last 15 meetings, which includes winning the last 6 games with 5 clean sheets, and have not conceded a goal in winning the last 8 games in Bolton, with 6 of these wins by at least two goals. Chelsea have won 4 of their last 5 games, but have conceded in each of these 5 games, so while Bolton may be able to find a goal somewhere, doubt that will be enough, as Chelsea should not have too many problems of scoring a few here, as Drogba and Malouda have scored in their recent meetings. Tottenham @ 2.09 pinnacle With 3 wins in a row in the EPL, scoring 8 goals and conceding just once, it seems Spurs have started to produce the form they are capable of. Adebayor looks a good target man and with the likes of Modric, Bale and van der Vaart running off him, there are players who can create and score goals for them. Arsenal may have won their last 2 at home but have lost their last 2 on the road, losing 4-3 at Blackburn and 8-2 at Man Utd. A number of injuries have made it hard for them to maintain some consistency but some poor decision making in defence has not helped either. They will find it difficult to get in this game as their midfield lacks the quality to match it with Spurs, which leaves van Persie with little service to try and do something. Two teams in different types of form, and Spurs at home, will be looking to make it another one for them. Lean on draws on the other two games Season record: 26-38 (+8.11)

I wish you luck mate with this one as I support Arsenal and would love a win at Tottenham However, I can't say I am convinced with Arsenal's play atm. You say van Persie and Ramsey will not be tired but so will Modric Bale Kaboul VDV and Adebayor, so that's not an argument, especially this early in the season. What is worrying is the Gunners defence. Olympiakos pressed them yesterday a lot and could have scored 2 easily, at the Emirates. Especially side backs Sagna and Santos were rather poor, they were caught in no man's land on occasions and if they dont improve, Spurs flying wingers can take full advantage of their weaknesses. And vs Liverpool even before the red for Adam Spurs outplayed them. Modric was superb and Adebayor also proved his value. I'll be backing Tottenham goals >[email protected] and >2.5 @3.75 with 10 and 4 points respectively. I hope though that Arsenal scores 5 and takes all 3 points back to the Emirates:) good luck :hope
I thought about this game a lot the last 2 days and will put some more money in it, particulalry on Tottnham to score >3.5. They pay @10 for that at bet365 and I think it is a gift, although Christmas is not coming yet. After a poor start Tottenham is growing and I believe they will fight for a top 4 finish (just behind us), because they have a good manager and talented players. The problem here for us is that Wenger will play openly, as he does in every game. But maybe, with such an awful defence, he should focus rather on not conceding, to play a bit more defensively. I don't think that will be the case here and I'm afraid Arsenal will concede 3-4 goals. I really hope Van Persie saves us, but realistically speaking it's hard to expect 5-6 goals from one man, especially away from home :sad I behave unethically betting against own club but I need money. Sorry cheers lads

I think the stat that Chelsea have won this fixture to nil the last eight times is an amazing one, and would be surprised to see anything other than another victory here today. I actually fancy there to be a lack of goals across the board today bar the Arsenal game. I fancy the Chelsea win, but based on the fact Bolton usually struggle to score, you'd need a Chelsea 3-0 win, which I'd like to bet against to be honest. Six out of the eight previous Chelsea victories have been either one or two nil wins. Under 2.5 goals is priced @ 2.2 - BET365. Swansea V Stoke has under 2.5 goals stamped all over it in very big red letters. I'd expect Swansea to again have the majority of possession and to control the game, while Stoke should be defensively solid enough to hold off Swansea's attack. Available @ 1.68 - Betfair. Judging by Stoke's poor away record I'd expect them to keep it fairly organised, but I don't expect them to see the ball much. Fulham V Q.P.R. also looks very underish to me. Q.P.R. have spent big and now look much better going forward than they did, to add to that they're still pretty solid defensively. I'm not really sure for how long they can keep up the intensity levels at which they tend to play, but because of the fact this is another London derby I think both sides will play out a tight contest here. Fulham, bar the Man City game (where they capitalised on City's complacency), haven't exactly been prolific, so I'd expect another tight contest here. Available @ 1.8 - StanJames. Also, I really wouldn't make Q.P.R. such long shots to win here. They've shown they have no fear home and away against some established EPL sides, and I'd expect them to carve out enough chances to take something today. Q.P.R. + 0.5 @ 1.9 - BET365 would be my call. Fulham haven't set the world alight just yet under Martin Jol. Elsewhere, I really want to oppose Arsenal. I just think the balance of power is shifting slightly, and Spurs are better prepared for this game. However, having said that, Arsenal may respond better as underdogs because noone expects them to get anything. No bet for me. Spurs just look too obvious.
Great previews Jase :ok. You make some good points.

I thought about this game a lot the last 2 days and will put some more money in it' date=' particulalry on [b']Tottnham to score >3.5. They pay @10 for that at bet365 and I think it is a gift, although Christmas is not coming yet. After a poor start Tottenham is growing and I believe they will fight for a top 4 finish (just behind us), because they have a good manager and talented players. The problem here for us is that Wenger will play openly, as he does in every game. But maybe, with such an awful defence, he should focus rather on not conceding, to play a bit more defensively. I don't think that will be the case here and I'm afraid Arsenal will concede 3-4 goals. I really hope Van Persie saves us, but realistically speaking it's hard to expect 5-6 goals from one man, especially away from home :sad I behave unethicallly betting against own club but I need money cheers lads
You have little faith in Arsenal... I think it will be a very tight game.. I think Spurs wont score 4 goals, i think that is extremely optimistic.. Whats nearly a guarantee is that both teams will score though, big derby match , both very attacking sides with not superb defences.. I would rather back that at odds-on. I dont think spurs to score 4 or more goals at 9/1 is much value, i would be expecting double figure odds at least for me. Bu good luck mate, and again i think Arsenal have a shout today

Bolton vs Chelsea 3 out of 3 of Bolton's home games have ended with Over 11 corners. Only 1 out of 3 of Chelsea's away games have ended with Over 11 corners. One thing to note is that, all 3 of Chelsea's away games have ended with Over 9 Corners. With our stake being returned for exactly 11 corners, I am more than happy to be on this bet at this decent-ish price. 5pts Over 11.0 Asian Total Corners @ 1.875 bet365
Don't know if this is a good bet or not, but it seems dangerous to base a bet on six recent games.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 1-2 October Tottenham - Arsenal Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.55 Reasoning 7th Tottenham to face 13th Arsenal Tottenham from day to day or should i say from match to match playing better and better,the whole team is in good condition seeking for its 4th victory in a row.On the other side The Guners desperate Guners still finding its good shape,i need to say that the squad is still in combination and this is a big test for them because if they loose this one its gonna be their 3rd defeat in a row looking away performance.In this North London Derby The Spurs can be called the overwhelming favorites.Also Arsenal has some problems with formation of the 3 key absences Koscielny, Gervinho, and Walcott, only Theo has a realistic chance of starting today.Spurs have havent lost a London derby since losing to Arsenal back in 2007, for a string of 15 undefeated games. But North London Derby has its special spirit and this is gonna be a really tough match.My choice is draw at the end.