** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug

clarky101

Monday 29 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifStockport County v Mansfield Town (12:00 BST) 2.1 3.6 3.9 101.04 %
maximize.gifBraintree Town v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.63 4.74 101.03 %
maximize.gifDarlington v Lincoln City (15:00 BST) 2.24 3.5 3.8 99.53 %
maximize.gifForest Green Rovers v Bath City (15:00 BST) 2.06 3.58 4.14 100.63 %
maximize.gifGateshead v Grimsby Town (15:00 BST) 1.95 3.72 4.2 101.97 %
maximize.gifKettering Town v Cambridge United (15:00 BST) 2.61 3.5 2.83 102.22 %
maximize.gifNewport County v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) 2.38 3.5 3.15 102.33 %
maximize.gifSouthport v Barrow (15:00 BST) 2.62 3.55 2.89 100.87 %
maximize.gifTamworth v AFC Telford United (15:00 BST) 2.32 3.45 3.33 102.12 %
maximize.gifWrexham v Fleetwood Town (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.5 3.77 99.54 %
maximize.gifYork City v Alfreton Town (15:00 BST) 1.54 4.5 7.2 100.78 %
Tuesday 30 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifHayes & Yeading v Luton Town (19:45 BST) 5 3.72 1.92 98.80 %

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug I havent got time to do a full preview on my tips for Monday but here they are. Darlington v Lincoln Lincoln are improving with every game and should have won on Saturday whereas Darlington are struggling a little and dispite the victory against Grimsby they werent the worse side. 11/4 with William Hill looks a decent bet especially as they are as short as 2/1 in places. Forest Green v Bath Skybet are even money about a home win and that looks a good price. Bath continue to show little and Forest Green should be much stronger and put in an improved effort on Saturday against Ebbsfleet after the Braintree loss. Braintree v Ebbsfleet Im taking Ebbsfleet on the draw no bet market here at 9/4 with Bet 365. As I wrote at the weekend Ebbsfleet's first win of the season shouldnt be far away and although Braintree have been going well Ebbsfleet are capable of getting at least a point from this one. Corby v Eastwood Ships is away so I will stick this Blue Square North game here. Ive tipped Corby in their last two games and they have failed to win either and they good start to the season is already looking a long time ago. Eastwood have been fairly solid so far and deserved at least a point against Worcester on Saturday. For me the prices should be much closer together and Im happy to take the away team at 13/5 which is available with a few firms. York v Alfreton and Thurrock v Welling The York/Welling double pays 1.6/1 with Coral. Alfreton continue to struggle to keep goals out and York are capable of scoring them especially if Jason Walker is on a going day. Thurrock have already conceded 7 in two home games and given how strong Welling have looked so far that should be added to.

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug

York City : Alfreton Town

York City will welcome today the bottom of the table, Alfreton Town in a game where they are seeking to add another three points to their total. After 5 games, York City is looking good, winning three games (goal difference 10:2), losing one and drawing one. Alfreton on the other side, was beaten convincingly three times (goal difference 3:13) and drew two times and goes into this encounter without any win yet. York should concentrate on grabbing all three points, as next game will be against Tamworth, side which is hanging in top of the table at the moment and beaten them 2:1 last season. More advantage for York City today is that striker Nathan Arnold is added to the injury list, suffering same injury as Anthony Wilson and the pair is supposed to be out for like 8 weeks. If the new promoted side Alfreton struggled so far, they surely gonna struggle more now. Home win for me. Maybe worth's to try it with handicap @ 2,27 also :). Selection: Home Win @ 1,45 :hope

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug York v Alfreton Town Looks like a straight forward home win. Alfreton struggling after their step up with some heavy defeats already. York have a two week break coming up so will be looking to leave things nice and tidy after a solid point at Fleetwood. Alfreton huge win over Sheffield Wednesday (14-0) seems a long way away as they have only garnered 2 points from the opening 5 games. York -1.00 @ 1.80 Bet365 Southport v Barrow Don't see Barrow losing this, Southport have had a bad start to the season and don't have the best of records in recent years to Barrow. The visitors have lost to Gateshead and York so far this season but they are the more stronger sides in the division. Err on the side of caution and take Barrow with the level ball. Barrow +0 @ 2.04 Bet365 Draw #1-1 @ 6 Bet365 Kettering v Cambridge Utd Opening day win over Newport for Kettering seems along way now. Cambridge have also had a steady start but will be looking to build on the fight back they showed against Hayes on Saturday. Kettering have been conceding goals aplenty and come into this on the back of two heavy defeats. Cambridge Utd @ 2.75 Victor Chandler

Sport Football (England - Non League)
Event Forest Green - Bath City
Selection under 1.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 3.68
Reasoning Forest Green has concede goals in all meeting, Bath with two draws away but 3 lose at home knows that here is a bread to eat, so they'll want more that one point, so I see them scoring, Green too, so I don't see an under game here, over 1.5 looks secured. Good luck!

Event York - Alfreton Town
Selection York -2 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.00
Reasoning Maybe york isn't the best team from the league but Alfreton is the worst, if you manage to lose 1-4 and 1-6 at home with not top teams, that make you wonder if you're in the right league; with a defense like that I don't see them resisting at York, I'll take the -2 ah, with a push if is only a two goal win, but I think it will be more. My tip 3 or 4-0. Good luck!

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug Couple for me this afternoon. 3pts Tamworth to beat Telford 5/4 Bet365 Tamworth have begun the season nicely and are right up there at the start of the season. Telford are slowly getting into their stride after being forced to play catch up after having their opening game postponed but they could have a tricky afternoon in Tamworth who have been very miserly this season having kept 3 clean sheets in their last four matches. Tamworth is always a tough place to go as they play their slope very well and with their impressive start to the season I think there's a touch of value among this odds against price on a side who look set to improve on their struggles of last season. 3pts Barrow to beat Southport 7/4 Coral Southport were relegated last season but got their reprieve when Rushden went tits up but having seen them last week I'm every bit as certain they will go down this year particularly now that we've signed their standout player Kissock. Barrow have been a little bit too hit and miss for David Bayliss' liking but they showed their potential when they walloped fancied Fleetwood 4-0 last week and despite their defeat to Gateshead on Saturday they've only lost to 2nd and 3rd in the league so far. They have a couple of players in real good scoring form and with Southport having to deal with the loss of Kissock and with the two we've loaned them unlikely to have fully settled in yet I think the visitors can league Haig Avenue with the points this afternoon.

Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Reasoning Maybe york isn't the best team from the league but Alfreton is the worst, if you manage to lose 1-4 and 1-6 at home with not top teams, that make you wonder if you're in the right league; with a defense like that I don't see them resisting at York, I'll take the -2 ah, with a push if is only a two goal win, but I think it will be more. My tip 3 or 4-0. Good luck!
lol

Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
damnnn

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug York are usually so solid at home yet thats the 2nd game they have lost now against a team you would expect them to beat. Annoying as Welling won easily. Lincoln and especially Eastwood were poor picks, but Forest Green and Ebbsfleet both won and looks like I had abit of luck on my side with the latter.

So' date=' why don't you enlighten us with a tip or two yourself as you haven't since you have been on the site[/quote'] That is a very fair point. There is no need to laugh when peoples tips dont come in. If you want to offer your tips on non-league football then Id love to see them.

Good calls Addpea. Sadly Tamworth let a 2 goal lead slip so poor day at the office for me :sad.
Thanks Kev. I always find Barrow a really hard team to call, they are capable of good performances like the one on Tuesday but then will go and play poorly. I try and avoid games involving them unless something really stands out because you just dont know what your going to get from them.

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug Yeah I'm no regular punter of their matches either. Just thought with Southport looking so rotten last week and us signing Kissock it looked a good opportunity. Tamworth is the one which annoyed me but early days in the season so still plenty of time to get that back :hope.

That is a very fair point. There is no need to laugh when peoples tips dont come in. If you want to offer your tips on non-league football then Id love to see them.
Surely the main thing is to try to learn from each tip you make, including those that lose. It would be useful if tipsters followed up with the result, and most importantly, what can be learned from it. (I think the Racing Post have a regular feature in their football betting section called something like 'What we learned today'). In the long run, the important thing is not whether the tip won or lost, but was it good value or not, and what can be learned as a result ;)

Surely the main thing is to try to learn from each tip you make' date=' including those that lose. It would be useful if tipsters followed up with the result, and most importantly, what can be learned from it. (I think the Racing Post have a regular feature in their football betting section called something like 'What we learned today'). In the long run, the important thing is not whether the tip won or lost, but was it good value or not, and what can be learned as a result ;)[/quote'] Im in total agreement with that and I normally write how my tips get on and I fully accept a couple of them were stinkers today, but I dont agree with someone just putting lol after a loosing tip. What good does that serve to anyone? At the end of the day Im guessing he must have backed his tip so he lost money and that isnt really a laughing matter.

Yeah I'm no regular punter of their matches either. Just thought with Southport looking so rotten last week and us signing Kissock it looked a good opportunity. Tamworth is the one which annoyed me but early days in the season so still plenty of time to get that back :hope.
Yeah frustrating when a team lets a two goal lead slip.

Event Hayes and Yeading v Luton
Selection Hayes and Yeading
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.50
Reasoning i think the home side Hayes and Yeading have this very game as they are going to play this game at their home and they will put in their very best to win this game as they have been doing baldly but if they win i think this will put them on better side in this league as they have not been doing well so far but the away team can not win this at away with what it is on ground i think the away team will want to go for a draw but they will not get it here this time around.

Re: Blue Square Prem 29/30 Aug Hayes & Yeading - Luton: Luton @ 1.72 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The hosts are in 22nd place (out of 24 teams) and have a record of 1-1-3 with a home record of 1-1-0. Last year, Hayes & Yeading finished in 16th place and 7 pts above relegation. Luton finished 3rd last season and missed promotion to League 2. The guests have started the season in a mediocre way with a record of 2-2-0 and an away record of 0-1-0. Luton is underperforming, at the moment, but it has a better roster and higher objective. The guests should be able to get a win against a mediocre, at best, Hayes & Yeading team. The odds are only just acceptable, however.

i think the home side Hayes and Yeading have this very game as they are going to play this game at their home and they will put in their very best to win this game as they have been doing baldly but if they win i think this will put them on better side in this league as they have not been doing well so far but the away team can not win this at away with what it is on ground i think the away team will want to go for a draw but they will not get it here this time around.
Mate, I'm not sure is English is your first language, but this post makes no sense whatsoever. Good luck with your bet, though.

Hayes & Yeading - Luton: Luton @ 1.72 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The hosts are in 22nd place (out of 24 teams) and have a record of 1-1-3 with a home record of 1-1-0. Last year, Hayes & Yeading finished in 16th place and 7 pts above relegation. Luton finished 3rd last season and missed promotion to League 2. The guests have started the season in a mediocre way with a record of 2-2-0 and an away record of 0-1-0. Luton is underperforming, at the moment, but it has a better roster and higher objective. The guests should be able to get a win against a mediocre, at best, Hayes & Yeading team. The odds are only just acceptable, however.
From the reports I've read and from Kevshat's excellent dedicated thread about Luton, I feel you may be doing a slight disservice to Luton. After a delayed start to the season due to the Telford game being postponed, they may have been a little unsettled, but they have still put 8 goals past Southport and Braintree. With Luton's fans outnumbering the home faithful big style tonight, it's possible that Luton could be on the goal trail again against Hayes. I think there is value in Luton to score over 2.5 goals at 12/5 with Coral. My only slight concern is that they must play again in front of the TV cameras on Friday evening, so they could take their foot off the gas if the game is safely tied up.

From the reports I've read and from Kevshat's excellent dedicated thread about Luton' date=' I feel you may be doing a slight disservice to Luton. After a delayed start to the season due to the Telford game being postponed, they may have been a little unsettled, but they have still put 8 goals past Southport and Braintree. With Luton's fans outnumbering the home faithful big style tonight, it's possible that Luton could be on the goal trail again against Hayes. I think there is value in Luton to score over 2.5 goals at 12/5 with Coral. My only slight concern is that they must play again in front of the TV cameras on Friday evening, so they could take their foot off the gas if the game is safely tied up.[/quote'] Gutted for you there Lab :(. 2 missed penalties (rebound scored off one), a shot off the line and one hitting the post I can't believe we didn't score at least 3 :puke.

Mate' date=' I'm not sure is English is your first language, but this post makes no sense whatsoever. Good luck with your bet, though.[/quote'] :)) You should check it out and see the preview involving "plymount". I fell from my chair when I read it. Oh, God ...:wall:rollin:wall