** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

To be fair - Vaslui weren't much better themselves. It would have finished 0-0 had the Sparta keeper actually turnt up instead of helping them win. It's probably best not to gloat on here because you won't last long. :ok
It s gonna last until this weekend my friend, and then we go again with new power against the bookers:))))))))

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Europa League but have picked out couple matches for fun and overs. Legia vs Spartak. > 2 goals. 1.74 @ 5Dimes (7/10) WIN HJK vs Schalke. > 2.5 goals. 1.78 @ 5Dimes (6/10) LOSS
Schalke really horrible. Could not even score against empty net.

Austria Wien v Gaz Metan Medias Gaz Metan +0.5 @2.20 with Bet365 Austria Wien are coming after impressive domestic victory over Kapfenberg (5-0). They are currently taking the 2nd spot in the Austrian Bundesliga after 4 games has been played so they are enjoying fairly good start of the season. Austra Wien managed to knock out Slovenian Olimija in the previous round, recording goalless draw on the road and 3-2 win at home. Austrians rely mainly on domestic players, they have only 3 foreigners in the squad which all were in the starting line-up for the game against Kapfenberg. Gaz Metan on the other side had a controversial start of the season. Their poor performance in the Romanian Liga (2 losses in the first 2 games) contrasts with their performance in the Europa League where they knocked out Mainz 05 who are currently taking 1st place in the German Bundesliga. Furthermore they travelled to Cluj to meat CFR Cluj in their 3rd domestic game of the season. Cluj had 2 wins in 2 games before this game and were considered favorites but Gaz Metan managed to pull of another shocking performance and won the game (2-0). It looks like they love to be in the position of underdog. Two key players in the likes of Parvulesc and Munteanu are injured but Gaz Metan managed to deal with Mainz without them so it seems they have a competitive subs for these two guys. Austria Wien is not better team than Mainz, that's for sure. Of course it doesn't mean that Gaz Metan will face no problems against them but I think the odds on visitors represent some value and they shouldn't be so long for a team who have just knocked out German opponent. I've noticed that Romanian teams have a decent performance in the Europa League/UEFA Cup in the last few years. They are yet not involved in the late stage of the tournament (semi-finals, final) but Romanians grew up tactically and regularly manage to qualify several teams to the group stage. Last year was an exception when they had only one in the likes of Steaua but 2 years ago they had whole 4 teams in the group stage. So I'll back Gaz Metan to achieve a decent away score tonight.
Bet lost.

Bet lost.
Did you see the game? I saw a lot of it, thought there was some value with Gaz Metan and backed them, but Austria Vienna basically ran the whole game. I missed Gaz Metan's goal, but the parts of the game I saw were Austria attacking throughout and looking very comfortable. The corner count of 10-0 is one indication of how dominant they were. (Final score was 3-1)

Standard vs Helsingborg Picks: Lay Standard (game 1) @ 1.93 3 pts Betfair Helsingborg to qualify @ 2.85 4pts Unibet A lot of value imo. Standard is weakened. The whole midfield will be changed against Helsingsborgs. Witsel,Defour (midfielders) and Mangala (defender) have left Standard. Probably Carcela will be sold and so he doesn't play today. Van Damme and Buyens (also midfielders) are suspended This would be the line-up Bolat Goreux - Kanu - Felipe - Pocognoli Belhocine - Camara Berrier - Nong - Leye Tchité In normal conditions Standard would have won against Helsingborg. But with this verry awfull midfield, Helsingborg have a great chance to go on. And the Standard coach says that if they don't qualify it's not significant.
:wall Standard was much better than Helsingborg. Sorry guys

Nordsjaelland - Sporting FC Nordsjaelland is back in form while Sporting Lisbon's performance is disappointing since the beginning of the season. This match FC Nordsjaelland shall deserve more attention. Danish League started 5 weeks ago, whereas Portugal League just began (sporting played weak and only drawed at home). I risk Nordsjaelland to win @5.0
FT: 0-0 I saw some of this game, and it was a dull defensive show, with both sides more interested in defending. As they often do, Sporting under-performed. Nordsj over-performed and came close to winning. Sporting will probably win the home leg though.

BlueSq priced the Hearts v Spurs tie up a couple of days ago and were offering 11/10 on Spurs :eek I thought it was a website error but smashed into the price anyway, just in case it was a genuine mistake. Turns out it was a genuine price, although it's now into 10/11. That's still an excellent price IMO. I know some might think Spurs could field a weakened side for this first leg, but they have a squad packed with quality and any 11 they field here will be on a different level to Hearts. The SPL is very poor standard and Hearts are not even challengers in their own league. Spurs played Champions League football last season, making the QFs, including some great results and AWAY WINS against top opposition. The Europa League may not hold the same appeal to Spurs but they would be one of the favourites to win it, if they decide to go for it. I think its too early in the season for Spurs to decide to give up on any tournament and although I don't expect their strongest side, I'm confident they'll have enough on the pitch (and on the bench if needed) to show how good they are. Bottom line - the gulf in quality is too great to offer odds like this.
:clap I guess you can't really argue with 5-0

Differdang03 V PSG I waited with interest for this to be priced up. And our old friend VC didn't disappoint in dangling the carrot of 1.95 on a PSG clean sheet. It's well known that the Luxemburgers are a weak team, and shouldn't be at this stage. In the last round they lost both legs by 3-0 against Volos. However looking at the stats from the 1st leg in Luxemburg, Differdang03 do appear to have threatened the Greeks goal. They had 9 attempts, 5 of which were on target. Even in the away leg, they had 8 attempts, although all off target, and forced 6 corners. Not amazing stats, however nothing compared to some of the brutally one sided games that we collected on this bet with in earlier rounds. Obviously there were plenty of questions raised at the time about the mentality of the Greeks with the pending ban, and PSG are a few levels up from Volos. On the PSG side, they have started the season poorly, with 1pt from 6 in Ligue 1. It is clearly taking their much changed squad time to blend. In addition, their French international defender Mamadou Sakho will miss this game with a hamstring injury. At the moment I think I will swerve this. After a poor weekend, I am commited to being a lot more choosy with my bets. And there are just enough question marks to convince me to stay away. However if anyone has any info or opinions to perhaps sway me, I'd be delighted to hear :ok
FT: 0-4 :ok

Rosenborg BK v AEK Larnaca (19:45 BST) I like the look of Larnaca here to get some sort of result. They have been very impressive so far in the Europa League thashing a team from Malta and then beating Mlada Boleslov of Czech Rep 5-2 on agg. Rosenborg are not the force they were a few seasons back when they proggressed to the CL knock out stages. They are also struggling in their domestic league and have now lost 3 in a row in Europe -twice to Plzen and the 2nd leg against Briedablik (Iceland) earlier in the CL qualifiers. AH +0.5 AEK Larnaca @ 2.05 (BET 365)
FT: 0-0 :ok

Ekranas v Hapoel Tel Aviv (17:00 BST) The odds on the Hapoel victory here are to good to turn down in my opinion and it wont suprise me if they have shortened by Thursday. Ekranes have not exactly been on good form in their own league losing at the weekend. Hapoel got to the CL group stages last season and the season before won their Europa League group before losing to Rubin Kazan. They have plenty of experience to see off a weak side here. Hapoel to win @ 10/11 (Bet 365)
FT: 1-0 I saw the first half, which was dominated by Hapoel, but I saw Ekranas won with a goal near the end.

If you knew that some of the games would be fixed' date=' then all you have to do is work out what the fixed result will be and bet on it - easy :cigar[/quote'] Dude, it's not like I hang out for a glass of scotch with the chairmen of the teams. When I have a suspicion that a match could be fixed I stay away from it. There are many ways of fixing a game: 1 ht 2 ft, 2ht 1ft, 1/x, 2/x, getting profit from live betting, late goals. I just stay away from something that looks dirty ... that was what I meant. But, I did make some goood profit out of Serie A, where I did guess some 4.00, 5.00, 7.00 odds, but I can recognize the patterns in Italy. Here, you don't know what they'll come up with.

Dude' date= it's not like I hang out for a glass of scotch with the chairmen of the teams. When I have a suspicion that a match could be fixed I stay away from it. There are many ways of fixing a game: 1 ht 2 ft, 2ht 1ft, 1/x, 2/x, getting profit from live betting, late goals. I just stay away from something that looks dirty ... that was what I meant. But, I did make some goood profit out of Serie A, where I did guess some 4.00, 5.00, 7.00 odds, but I can recognize the patterns in Italy. Here, you don't know what they'll come up with.
:lol:lol:lol

It wasn't so much a bad run Jase, I have to admit I went on tilt. Lost a sizeable bet on Fri and went chasing over the weekend. Things went against me and come Sunday night I was staring at a loss of 12% of my 2011 profits to date. First time I lost my discipline in over a year, and very dissappointed in myself. Had been on a great run for last few weeks so suppose over confidence involved as well. Another lesson learned though, albiet the hard way!! Anyways back to the game. Looks like PSG will take this first leg seriously, maybe with a view to relaxing in the 2nd leg. Also Pastore is in the squad for the first time - from PSG website via googl translate ;) The players met in Paris on Tuesday morning at Camp des Loges in order to achieve their final workout before leaving for Luxembourg on Wednesday. On the eve of his departure for Luxembourg, the occupation had an appointment on Tuesday for a workout that began at 10:45. The program of the day, physical work under the guidance of fitness coach Raphael Smith, workshop of movement and ball retention and attack-defense. A program for the preparation of the Europa League encounter against Differdange, on Thursday at 20:45 at the Stade Josy Barthel. A match is now in everyone's head. "Already, we try to recover well after the match in Rennes, Zoumana Camara said. This is played over two legs and it will get a result there. Differdange was recovered and we do not know this team too Luxembourg. We will look at some of their matches and then we will have more information. The important thing is to skip the tour to go to the hens. :lol It will try to win without conceding a goal in order to approach the second leg with confidence. It is a team within our reach and it will do the job. " For his part, Clement Chantôme think only one thing, qualification. "It's an important game for us because we have not won in competition, says PSG midfielder. There is a qualification at the end and it would be nice to ensure early as Thursday. It will find and mark automatic gain confidence quickly. This is what we try to make Thursday. " A meeting that could see the debut of Javier Pastore as PSG. The Argentinean midfielder has indeed been called in the group of Antoine Kombouare for the first time since joining the club. The price on the clean sheet is long gone, VC are now 1.61 and best price is 1.7 with BWIN. But the bet I have played is PSG -1 EH. Not much to say on this really. Just think a relatively strong PSG will have far too many guns for the weak Luxemburgers who lost both legs 0-3 to the Greeks. Expect PSG to look to put this to bed on Thurs. Most bookies are 1.3 on this, so 1.44 appeals. 5pts PSG -1 EH @1.44 Boylesports :hope
FT 0-4 Watched the last 20 mins of this (getting nervous when only 1-0) and PSG weren't that convincing. 2 late goals put some gloss on it. Clean sheet bet copped as well, and in fairness Differdange didn't look to have much attacking intent at all from the bit I seen. 1.44 not a price for everyone, but very happy to be back on the right road. Cash bet with Boylesports as well as they won;t take my bets online, so all the sweeter :cigar

Hearts vs Tottenham Big gulf in class between these two sides and I expect Tottenham to score at least twice during the 90 mins even if it is a weakened side. Hearts will have fighting spirit as usual at Tynecastle but with players such as Defoe, Crouch, VDV, Modric and Bale (I doubt all will start) they could unlock the Hearts defence at will. Hearts easily passed through to this round 5-2 on agg but I take confidence for my be that opponents Paks managed to score in both legs. Tottenham will be buzzing as this is there season opener after weekends match against Everton was called off. This match might not be built up the same way as it usually is when its Scotland vs England but I believe that Harry will not want to lose this game and im willing to take the risk on Spurs scoring at least 2 here as the gulf in quality between the sides is massive. Tottenham team goals ... Over 1.5 @ 1.74
:ok Once again, you can't argue with 0-5

Hearts v Tottenham - over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 with Betfair This price looks very tasty. The perceived wisdom is that Tottenham are several levels above Hearts and, if that's the case, then there's every chance that Harry Redknapp's team could cover this line on their own. Of course, there is another way of looking at things. Tottenham failed to keep a clean sheet away from home in all their group games and their qualifying round match in last year's Champions League, conceding 2 at Bremen, 4 at Inter, 3 at Twente, and 3 at Young Boys. Now, realistically, Hearts are nowhere near the level of 3 of those teams, but the Young Boys result is interesting, mainly because Spurs were caught cold at the start of the season by an away trip to unfancied opposition. Also worth noting is that Hearts took 6 points out of 12 at home against the Old Firm in the SPL last season. Now, personally I think Tottenham are a much better side than either of the Glasgow giants, but it does illustrate that Hearts are capable of raising their game at home to stronger opposition. I'm not making the case for an upset here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a home goal and I think that could be enough to guarantee this line comes in. Either way, whether the gulf in class leads to Tottenham romping it or whether Hearts can exploit those defensive frailties we saw away from home in Europe last season, I think 1.9 represents decent value here.
:clap

in my opninion this is the esiest combo for today PSG - 1EH Besiktas - 1 EH odds 2.4 medium/big stakes PSG is two or three times better that their oponents and Besiktas are playing against Russian teams from second division+ they are the home team. the main reason for big stakes are they quality of both teams
bet won:beer +147 euro today i lost only one accumulator , beacause of Roma.....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August FC Thun vs Stoke City - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.70 10/10 :nana Hannover vs Sevilla - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.87 10/10 :nana Legia Warszawa v Spartak Moscow - Over 1.5 Spartak Moscow Goals @ 2.25 10/10 :nana SV Josko Ried v PSV Eindhoven - PSV to win @ 1.80 10/10 :@ I fcuking hate PSV!!!! :wall:wall:wall Ruined a bloody 8 fold accumulator of mine :@ Oh well, 3 out of 4 bets won. 18.2pts profit on the night :beer:beer:beer Gratz to all winners tonight! :clap

Fulham are over priced here to win to nil @2.5 , I would of put it at best 2.0 they have been destroying opponents at home in this competition and if my stats are right they have only allowed 1 goal in an away game to a side they went on to beat 7-1 on agg. (4-0 at home) they are going to want to seal the deal here tonight for an easier away return match + they drew 0-0 at home to Villa last weekend in the Premiership who are a much better team than Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk. Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk have signed Croatian international forward Nikola Kalinić from Blackburn Rovers for 6Mill euro, this could be why the price is high, in his first game for the team they lost 1-3 at home to Shankar donkfest with Kalinić scoring a late 81st minute goal for the home side. Could he strike again?! This could be one for the handicap with Fulham [email protected] as ive just noticed the 'Win to Nil' market has dropped to 2.25 while writing this Also Lazio and PSG to win to nil 1.72 and 1.57 respectively seems to be the best value without taking on a -3 goal handicap Fulham -1, Lazio and PSG to win to nil @7.06 paddy power 3units:hope
Three out of three right deserves a mention (all three won with clean sheets) :drums

Litex - Dinamo Kiev Litex will face Dinamo Kiev in Lovech tonight, searching for goals and some advantage before the 2nd game in Ukraine. Litex played offensive and agressive football winning over Mogren with 3:0 at home, and then losing from WIsla with 1:2, but I watched the game and Litex created many chances, hit the posts and even goal was dissallowed due to unrealistic faul, so the real result should be 3:2 or 2:2. On the other side Dinamo will search the goal on away ground, which would be great competition result and seeing at their line up, I see some african players who are much stronger and faster than Litex defenders, so my idea is that Dinamo will score for sure, making the hosts search for goals badly. I see open game from both sides, as both were eliminated from CL qualifies, Litex from WIsla, Dinamo from Rubin, and both sides will be strong motivated for League Europe. Dinamo is with class above Litex for sure, but on the other side Litex is capable to score at home IMO, ,making the over tasty to me VERDICT: OVER 2.5 goals and my TREBLE. MACABI-PANATHINAIKOS over 2,5 PAOK-KARPATI home win LITEX-DINAMO KIEV over 2,5. GL TO ALL PUNTERS.
:cheers kazablanka for ever

my instict says that many people will do as you and will lose money it s europa league, a tournament full of surprises every year, specially in this period there are many favourites today, this means many combos, and one match "breaks" the money will flow to books my personal choises are lay fulham, lay celtic in singles i think one of two will break exactly because they will collect most of the money as popular matches anyway there s logic in your combo and good luck
celtic - sion 0-0:nana

Legia Warsaw - Spartak Moscow Legia, after eliminating turkish Goziantepspor in previous round, now faces a mountain to climb, as Spartak Moscow, who starts their 2011/12 european campaign, come to the town. Legia's coach said it's the biggest game of the season for them, so he'll have his team focused and determined. They will miss 2 key players though - Vrdoljak and Hubnik, whilst Ljuboja is doubtful. Legia started their season well in polish league - winning 2 games, both 3-1 against bottom half teams. Spartak on the other hand is in a middle of their domestic campaign, and are unbeaten in 5. They boast of a really good squad (with the likes of de Zeeuw, Ari, Welliton, Kombarov, Emunike), and they seem to be a strong offensive force, having socred 7 in their last two outings. They will definitely come to Warsaw to get a result, and considering Legia's defensive issues, which they undoubtedly have, they should overcome the hosts. I considered Spartak straight win @2.3, but I'll go for the Russians to score at least 2 goals, and also I'll combine it with Lokomotiv Moscow win with medium stakes. My selections: Spartak >1.5 goals @2.5 8/10pts :) Spartak >1.5 goals & Lokomotiv Moscow (-1.5ah) @ 4.50 4/10 pts :) Spartak >2.5 goals @6 1/10 pts all bet365 :(
a nice winner for me today, 28 points of profit made :beer

Hearts vs Tottenham Big gulf in class between these two sides and I expect Tottenham to score at least twice during the 90 mins even if it is a weakened side. Hearts will have fighting spirit as usual at Tynecastle but with players such as Defoe, Crouch, VDV, Modric and Bale (I doubt all will start) they could unlock the Hearts defence at will. Hearts easily passed through to this round 5-2 on agg but I take confidence for my be that opponents Paks managed to score in both legs. Tottenham will be buzzing as this is there season opener after weekends match against Everton was called off. This match might not be built up the same way as it usually is when its Scotland vs England but I believe that Harry will not want to lose this game and im willing to take the risk on Spurs scoring at least 2 here as the gulf in quality between the sides is massive. Tottenham team goals ... Over 1.5 @ 1.74:ok
Should have went for the over 4.5 :lol.

Regarding Red Star vs Rennes game,just to tell u few things.Coach ,Robert Prosinecki is finally got all clear ,so u can count this as his first game as a red star coach.Stadium is sold out few days ago so over 55000 people will attend this game,and just to show how much fans believe in this team is the fact that all ready 2000 tickets are sold for Red Star supporters for a return game in France .With all do respect for Rennes,but they were number 6 last season in France,and i know that FPL is a good league but far much bigger names have sliped in Belgrade.Red Star have a very good score when they are playing agains French temas,and trust me we played much better french teams with far much worst squad than this one,that we have now. Rennes team for tonight ( 90% shure ) Costil - Danzé, Mangane, Boye, Mavinga - Mandjeck, Doumbia - Pitroipa, Dalmat, Camara - Boukari. So Mvila ,Fere ,Montano are probably on the bench ,because scouts of rennes watched Red Stars first game against Spartak few days ago,that RS lost 2:0,but trust me than means nothing.For years now Red Star is loosing first game in championship ...for years!!And,some how ,always play better in a first game after that one.Rennes will play in 4-3-3 which is right down the Red Stars alley .Open football tonight,definitely.red Star players know that if they dont win with 2 goals tonight,they have very slim chances in France. My opinion is that Red Star will win tonight 6/10,but maybe realistic bet is that there will be some goals tonight ,more than likely both teams will score. My opinion is of course,as a Red Star supporter so u can say that i might not have been realistic ,but do u know when u have that feeling that something good will happen tonight? :) hello from sunny Belgrade
ALWAYS BE REAL!!!!Dont put money just because u support that club....Luckily,i had a little bit of profit tonight.Red Star kill them first 25 minutes,but Rennes came on the top.Cant wait for the return game .

besistas 1 staeaua 1 sevilla over 2.5 spartak moskow over 2.5 and the ****** seltic 1.. I wish them to not win never the scotish league.. from tonight I am a Glazgow Rangers fan
Haha no need for that pal, ill give you your stake back if you want. We were poor tonight, lack quality in the final third. With Hooper being injured we didnt have enough and Sion were very defensive. Celtic arent backable at 4/9 outside the SPL unless we are playing some minnows from the Faroes or something.