** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Hi, Spurs lineup will be something like this .. Gomes/Friedel Corluka/Walker Dawson Kaboul Ekotto Lennon Livermore Kranjcar Bale Defoe Pavlyuchenko
I like the idea of Kranjčar and Bale storming down the left flank... Even if the Spurs strikers don't score, these two are always hungry for goals... Tottenham looking good enough for me, always doing well in european cups, so, I'm on the wagon, Spurs away win @ 1,57 (Bet365)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Not a fan of Europa League but have picked out couple matches for fun and overs. Legia vs Spartak. > 2 goals. 1.74 @ 5Dimes (7/10) This is what I call value bet. There won't be less than 2 goals in Warsaw. Spartak are well known for their attacking style and will be boosted by their cracking 3-0 win over Manchester City of Russia - Anzhi. They beat moneybags over the weekend and will fancy their chances to progress past Legia as well. Polish side nothing special and with Spartak playing away from home, I think there will be goals in this one. They are vulnerable at the back but will score few themselves. Normally I'd go for > 2.5 but if you can get 1.74 for just two goals have to play that. HJK vs Schalke. > 2.5 goals. 1.78 @ 5Dimes (6/10) Another overish match in offer. Schalke have got free flowing attack but the defense is lacking a bit as always. I think they will win today but won't play any handicaps as it looks pretty much like 2-1 for the Germans in this match. I don't think they'll keep a clean sheet away from home, so there's a chance HJK will get something out of this match but will be anything but dull.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Hey guys....some news from Austria... Florian Mader was sold from Sv Ried to Austria Vienna...that was our last good defense option for the game vs Eindhoven. I am a Ried fan since I was a child and that was a big mistake from our management. Eindhoven will f*** us so hardly today. Our defense will be GK Gebauer 28 Reifeltshammer 23 years Riegler 23 yers Basala 19 or Grasegger 22 years and Hadzic 22 years our best Defender and Captain is injured and we have no options any more They will never be able to defend the million ensamble of Eindhoven..... So my bet of the year will be against my team!!!!!! Sv Ried - Psv Eindhoven 2 @ 1,8 tipico 10/10 Final Score 1:4 or 1:5:cry

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Sport Football (Europa League) Event Legia Warszawa v Spartak Moscow Selection Spartak Moscow - Over 1.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 18/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25 Reasoning Spartak Moscow have started their season with 3 wins. They scored 2, 3 and 4 goals in each of them respectively. On the other hand Legia Warszawa have played 2 league games winning them both. They scored a total of 3 goals and conceded 1 goal in each of the two games played. Both teams are highly capable of scoring goals and I am getting over evens in odds to back the favourite (Spartak Moscow) to score at least 2 goals. Happy to be on this. Sport Football (Europa League) Event SV Josko Ried v PSV Eindhoven Selection PSV Eindhoven Strength 10/10 Date 18/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.80 Reasoning Ried are only here thanks to the away goals rule. They won at home with the score of 2:0 in the 1st leg and lost the 2nd leg 4:2. Their most recent match which was in the Bundesliga was far from pretty where they lost at home 1:3 versus Salzburg. PSV in comparison won their last match 1:0. Also taking into consideration the fact that Ried's defense consists of young and perhaps inexperienced players as mentioned in a post above, I am happy to side with PSV on this match.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Also considering a British treble with Fulham, Celtic and Spurs all to win, odds are 3.30 on Skybet. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a good bet? I really cant see Fulham and Celtic losing at home to weaker opposition and i believe Spurs are a much better team than Hearts and should win by 2 or 3.

Event Legia - Spartak Moscow
Selection Spartak Moscow
Strength 10/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.38
Reasoning Spartak Mscow has a very good offensive power and we all know the defense of Legia is slow and they will have many problems in facing such players. On global, Legia is also much weaker than Spartak and Spartak Moscow can have here a chance to kill the eliminatory. Spartak Moscow is on maximum force and they want to kill the round right now to save energies to the very important Russian Premier league games that are approaching on the next weeks. I pick a away win here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Maccabi Tel Aviv They made their way to Europa League playoffs after two easy wins against Zeljeznicar (2-0 away and 6-0 home). The draw with Panathinaikos brought them pleasant memories from last year when they passed through another Greek team, Olympiakos. “Since we won Olympiakos last year, why wouldn’t we manage this year too?” said manager Motti Ivanir who added “Our opponents may have lost Cisse from last year but that does not mean they won’t find ways to be threatening. We all have to realize that last Olympiakos is not the same as Panathinaikos, and of course last year’s Maccabi is not the same this year. We are optimistic however.” Maccabi fans are very enthusiastic and they are determined to make an atmosphere, which is already hot at 30 degrees with high humidity. The players morale is also high “if we manage at home then we will play with calmness in Athens and achieve our goal” said Nivaldo. Important defender Yoav Ziv wont play because of red cards, and important midfielder Israilevich is injured. Another important player, Nivaldo is expected to play. Israeli championship begins next week were they face Hapoel Petetah Tikva. Last Sunday they won away 2-1 against Hapoel Acra. They are expected to play with a 4-4-2 formation. Panathinakos They were disappointing against Odense at home for the Champions League qualifiers were they lost 3-4. This caused them great financial problems since they lost a few million euros that could bring them more transfers. The fans are very angry with the management who seem not to care about the future of the team. They also made bad moves for the loan transfer of Portuguese Castro, who ended in Sporting Gijon. “It wasn’t a failure. The fans have to understand that we are in a crisis and we have to deal by ourselves. We have to examine each offer separately and we lost interest in this one after Gijon raised the offer to Porto” said president Gondikas. Portuguese coach Ferreira tried to strengthen the morale of the players by emphasizing that they have to grasp the second and final chance for continuing at a European competition. “We will be better than the last games. I am not searching for excuses, either I will pass my way of thinking to the players or I will leave the team”. The good thing for Ferreira is that new comers attacking midfielder Quincy, defensive midfielder Vitolo and forward Toche, on whom the coach greatly relies for this new season are expected to play and improve the organization and attack of the team. Coach wont count injured Christodoulopoulos, Marinos and defender Bjarsmir. He is expected to play a 4-3-3 formation. Verdict: Over 2.5 **Panathinaikos is surely not in a good mood, but they clearly know what they face and they can survive at Bloomfield. Three newcomers will play: Vitolo with defensive abilities who will free Katsouranis to organize the game better, Quincy who will improve the attacking game and bring speed to the team and Toche who achieved a goal at his debut against Odense. These three players are an enigma but I will risk that they will improve the overall appearance of the team. Some changes at the defense are also expected with French defender Kante to play in the place of Sariegi. On the other hand Maccabi made easy wins against a very weak team. Their ease to scoring is long known of course but the two games for the Europa League (and the only official for them so far) can be seen as breakfast. The main dish will be today and I think they will try to dominate the game. They will play to score and so will Panathinaikos. Both teams to score @ 1.9 is another interesting option. And finaly with high risk for 1/X/2 is Draw. punters member since 2006

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August PAOK Salonica (Greece) They were convincing at both the games with Norway’s Valerenga (0-2 away, 3-0 home) and they send positive feedback for the future. The influence of coach Boloni is clear and he asks for attacking football without neglecting the defense. Coach Boloni is worried about the attack of Karpati and he send the message: “The game will be more difficult than we thought. I saw the game against Dynamo Kiev and I realized they are far better than Valerenga. I think they will finish the championship in a good position. PAOK needs two quality transfers for sure.” The coach will have at his disposal midfielder Lazar but not Salpingidis and Papazoglou along with Ivich who got injured. He is expected to select a 4-2-3-1 formation. Karpaty Lviv (Ukraine) They may passed through Irish St Patricks easily with two victories but they seem to gain momentum, after a not so good start at the championship. They had only one point in the last five games and coach Kononov was one step behind the exit. But they finally made a 2-1 win and their morale got back up. The fans support the team with all their power. In fact 250 fans are expected to travel to Salonica. “Our mind is at the championship but this game will be a challenge” said 45 year old coach who will have 25 players with him. They are expected to play with a 4-3-3 formation. Verdict: HOME WIN *Paok will not underestimate the game and their opponents who will have their mind on the championship. They have a very strong home which is sold out, and their fans are crazy, surely they will be at least supportive. They are a clear favorite. 30 thousand supporters in the stadium and the temperature is close to 35 degrees Celsius the Ukraine will have many problems.

Nordsjaelland - Sporting FC Nordsjaelland is back in form while Sporting Lisbon's performance is disappointing since the beginning of the season. This match FC Nordsjaelland shall deserve more attention. Danish League started 5 weeks ago, whereas Portugal League just began (sporting played weak and only drawed at home). I risk Nordsjaelland to win @5.0
No doubt that Sporting are the bigger club with better players, but they are so inconsistent that I think Nordsjaelland at home are decent value at 5/1 (Victor Chandler)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Hm! Welliton, Ari, Emmanuel Emenike, Artem Dzyuba (4 strikers)... Spartak should score some goals tonight! :hope Over 2.5 @ 2.20 [3/10] 1st half winner Spartak @ 2.75 [3/10] Spartak over 1.5 @ 2.24 [2/10] Spartak (-1) @ 3.20 [1/10] Exact score 1:3 @ 20 [1/10]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August It appears Totti and Perrotta are now being passed to play. Probabile formazione: SLOVAN BRATISLAVA (4-4-2): Putnocky; Bagayoko Dobrotka Had Cikos; Klaudrubsky Kolkan Milinkovic Zofcak; Sebo Lakny. A disposizione: Bartalsky, Pauscek, Janosik, Kuzma, Augustin, Szarka, Kordic. ROMA (4-3-3): Stekelenburg; Cicinho Cassetti N. Burdisso J. Angel; Brighi Viviani Perrotta; Borriello Totti Bojan. A disposizione: Lobont, Heinze, Rosi, Simplicio, Taddei, Verre, Caprari. If that is so, it makes me feel better about the overs because both teams will need to score I feel. Cassetti at CB is also good for the overs.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Litex - Dinamo Kiev Litex will face Dinamo Kiev in Lovech tonight, searching for goals and some advantage before the 2nd game in Ukraine. Litex played offensive and agressive football winning over Mogren with 3:0 at home, and then losing from WIsla with 1:2, but I watched the game and Litex created many chances, hit the posts and even goal was dissallowed due to unrealistic faul, so the real result should be 3:2 or 2:2. On the other side Dinamo will search the goal on away ground, which would be great competition result and seeing at their line up, I see some african players who are much stronger and faster than Litex defenders, so my idea is that Dinamo will score for sure, making the hosts search for goals badly. I see open game from both sides, as both were eliminated from CL qualifies, Litex from WIsla, Dinamo from Rubin, and both sides will be strong motivated for League Europe. Dinamo is with class above Litex for sure, but on the other side Litex is capable to score at home IMO, ,making the over tasty to me VERDICT: OVER 2.5 goals and my TREBLE. MACABI-PANATHINAIKOS over 2,5 PAOK-KARPATI home win LITEX-DINAMO KIEV over 2,5. GL TO ALL PUNTERS.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Regarding Red Star vs Rennes game,just to tell u few things.Coach ,Robert Prosinecki is finally got all clear ,so u can count this as his first game as a red star coach.Stadium is sold out few days ago so over 55000 people will attend this game,and just to show how much fans believe in this team is the fact that all ready 2000 tickets are sold for Red Star supporters for a return game in France .With all do respect for Rennes,but they were number 6 last season in France,and i know that FPL is a good league but far much bigger names have sliped in Belgrade.Red Star have a very good score when they are playing agains French temas,and trust me we played much better french teams with far much worst squad than this one,that we have now. Rennes team for tonight ( 90% shure ) Costil - Danzé, Mangane, Boye, Mavinga - Mandjeck, Doumbia - Pitroipa, Dalmat, Camara - Boukari. So Mvila ,Fere ,Montano are probably on the bench ,because scouts of rennes watched Red Stars first game against Spartak few days ago,that RS lost 2:0,but trust me than means nothing.For years now Red Star is loosing first game in championship ...for years!!And,some how ,always play better in a first game after that one.Rennes will play in 4-3-3 which is right down the Red Stars alley .Open football tonight,definitely.red Star players know that if they dont win with 2 goals tonight,they have very slim chances in France. My opinion is that Red Star will win tonight 6/10,but maybe realistic bet is that there will be some goals tonight ,more than likely both teams will score. My opinion is of course,as a Red Star supporter so u can say that i might not have been realistic ,but do u know when u have that feeling that something good will happen tonight? :) hello from sunny Belgrade

Vaslui v Sparta Prague - Sparta Prague @ 2.50 - Stan James 5pts As previously said; Vaslui have numerous problems going into this match. They have a transfer embargo which has prevented them from replacing the players they have sold - as well as having the majority of the first team unavailable through injuries and suspensions. Tomas Repka has already said they are in hot form & will go to win this match and the only thing in their way will be the heat which will be 10 degrees hotter than what they are used to. Could fall under the goal line but I don't know the standard of the Vaslui players coming in so a solid win for the Czechs here.
This is dead already, 2-0. Sparta Prague are absolutely dire and their keeper has made two mistakes; the 2nd he chucked in his own net.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August MARIBOR V RANGERS a hard game for rangers who have won only 1 of there last 23 european games.rangers have problems in defence with players out injured and sasa papacand steven whittaker suspended.Defender carlos bocanegra signed last night and rangers have registered the player as there wild card so he should start tonight.I cant see a weakend rangers side winning this match I think maribor home win but no bet for me

Fulham are over priced here to win to nil @2.5 , I would of put it at best 2.0 they have been destroying opponents at home in this competition and if my stats are right they have only allowed 1 goal in an away game to a side they went on to beat 7-1 on agg. (4-0 at home) they are going to want to seal the deal here tonight for an easier away return match + they drew 0-0 at home to Villa last weekend in the Premiership who are a much better team than Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk. Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk have signed Croatian international forward Nikola Kalinić from Blackburn Rovers for 6Mill euro, this could be why the price is high, in his first game for the team they lost 1-3 at home to Shankar donkfest with Kalinić scoring a late 81st minute goal for the home side. Could he strike again?! This could be one for the handicap with Fulham [email protected] as ive just noticed the 'Win to Nil' market has dropped to 2.25 while writing this Also Lazio and PSG to win to nil 1.72 and 1.57 respectively seems to be the best value without taking on a -3 goal handicap Fulham -1, Lazio and PSG to win to nil @7.06 paddy power 3units:hope
Fulham destroy sides at home? Eh? I watched them at home against NSI Runavik from the Faroe Islands and there was barely anything in it! Kudos to Fulham for taking the few chances they actually carved out but it was anything but a destruction. I think Fulham look a bit more defensive than normal and their attacking game isn't flourishing as a result. They are strong at home, sure, but at those odds I wouldn't touch them. If you don't know much about a side then I really wouldn't bet for/against them and that's clealy the case if you think Fulham are streets ahead of Dnipro. As my good friend Mahno will tell you, Dnipro don't look as good under Ramos as they did last year or the year before, for example. However, they have some very good players and are a rich club. Look at who they have - ex-Braga hitman Mateus, promising youngster Konoplyanka, ex-Blackburn & Hajduk striker Kalinic, ex-Dynamo Kiev midfielder Rotan, Ghanian engine Boateng, promising Brazilian Giuliano from Internacional, ex-Shakhtar wide-man Kulakov, ex-Hajduk defender Strinic, ex-Basel defender Inkoom etc. etc. This side is littered with internationals and nobody has an easy game against Dnipro anymore. I think U2.5 and maybe a draw are the only bets I'd take here, although to be honest, this is one I'd much prefer to sit back and observe on. Good luck though mate - I hope the Ramos factor hits Dnipro and wins you your bet :)

Event Slask - Rapid Bucuresti
Selection Slask DNB (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.02
Reasoning Rapid Bucharest is more experienced than Slask Wroclaw but it is also true they lack some quality on his squad too. They had a difficult derby game against Petrolul on the Romanian league and we can say they only won the game due to the experience of the squad. And the central zone of defense is not a strong point of the team, having problems on set pieces play. They have good attitude, they press their opponents a lot but the lack of quality of some players is evident. Slask seem to be in form in the Polish league but they will also feel problems against a similar value team like Rapid. Against Petrolul, Rapid saved some of their players due to this game against Slask. In general, Slask is not superior to Rapid but playing at home they have a little more favouritism and like this i think a DNB 1 is a good choice.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Taking one more bet for the night. Lazio vs. Rabotnicki As I understand it Rabotnicki are in a bit of a mess D-wise tonight. I don't know the players as I've never watched a second of them playing football but apparently they are missing their 3 primary CB's. Kumbev is suspended while Stojanov and Bogdanovic are injured. The LB Lazarevski moves to CB and midfielder Micevski will replace him at LB. This all means nothing to me specifically but it sounds pretty bad. I don't know anything about them attacking wise so I wont bother thinking about it really. Lazio are a solid home side and should line up as follows: 4-2-3-1: Marchetti; Scaloni, Dias, Biava, Radu; Brocchi, Ledesma; Cisse, Hernanes, Mauri; Klose The attacking half is a little unknown as new signings Cisse and Klose need to be integrated. I understand Cisse had a decent pre-season but I don't rate him as he is just a headless chicken IMO. Klose is a goalscorer for sure, but will need a lot of support. This is Lazio's first competitive game so there may still be signs of rust around the attacking play. In all fairness though their D should be on lock. It's settled and with the protection of Brocchi and Ledesma should be as strong as it was last season. Lazio tend to let defenders defend and attackers attack. As I said, they were strong last season, particularly at home. The odds aren't great but I think they can shut out Rabotnicki tonight. Lazio cleansheet - 1.57 - 6 points - Bet365

Taking one more bet for the night. Lazio vs. Rabotnicki As I understand it Rabotnicki are in a bit of a mess D-wise tonight. I don't know the players as I've never watched a second of them playing football but apparently they are missing their 3 primary CB's. Kumbev is suspended while Stojanov and Bogdanovic are injured. The LB Lazarevski moves to CB and midfielder Micevski will replace him at LB. This all means nothing to me specifically but it sounds pretty bad. I don't know anything about them attacking wise so I wont bother thinking about it really. Lazio are a solid home side and should line up as follows: 4-2-3-1: Marchetti; Scaloni, Dias, Biava, Radu; Brocchi, Ledesma; Cisse, Hernanes, Mauri; Klose The attacking half is a little unknown as new signings Cisse and Klose need to be integrated. I understand Cisse had a decent pre-season but I don't rate him as he is just a headless chicken IMO. Klose is a goalscorer for sure, but will need a lot of support. This is Lazio's first competitive game so there may still be signs of rust around the attacking play. In all fairness though their D should be on lock. It's settled and with the protection of Brocchi and Ledesma should be as strong as it was last season. Lazio tend to let defenders defend and attackers attack. As I said, they were strong last season, particularly at home. The odds aren't great but I think they can shut out Rabotnicki tonight. Lazio cleansheet - 1.57 - 6 points - Bet365
maybe not clean sheet but lazio wins for sure.. our team is 3 class beloow lazio.. even if we play wih UC Lecce.. we will lose :)))))))) lazio win but quote is 1.15... too poor

Sparta Prague have to be the worst team I have seen this season the Czech league must be weak as fcuk if they're top..
they played really good against sarajevo last phase.. sarajevo is the best in Bosnia.. I dont know why this happened tonight

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Woops,shit.Vorskla 1-0 up,bad boy.:spank But tell me Ekranas game was not dodgy :).I was monitoring that game in play and Hapoel droped to @1.33 in 40imin, Ekranas went up to @17.0 at 30'min and up to @21.0 at 40'min :loon. I don't know why bu ti took Ekranas at @17.0 :cigar to win,then after HT bet365 removed game from online betting. Ekranas won 1-0 :ok Dodgy,dodgy,dodgy...:eyes Dynamo K. plays like amateurs,if Litex price will go to @6.0 or @7.0 i'll take it. Some funny odds and games today :unsure

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Anyone else fancy unders in hearts - spurs game? Spurs have alot of injury problems and we have also failed to sign a striker that knows where the goal is. i think that harry would be quite happy with a 0-0 or 0-1 tonight, and do the business back at the lane next week. I admit i know very little about hearts but i cant see us going there and putting 3-4 past them. at 10/11 (skybet) i think its worth a punt, and if i'm wrong and spurs win 3-0 i'll still be happy :ok

Anyone else fancy unders in hearts - spurs game? Spurs have alot of injury problems and we have also failed to sign a striker that knows where the goal is. i think that harry would be quite happy with a 0-0 or 0-1 tonight, and do the business back at the lane next week. I admit i know very little about hearts but i cant see us going there and putting 3-4 past them. at 10/11 (skybet) i think its worth a punt, and if i'm wrong and spurs win 3-0 i'll still be happy :ok
I put already both sides to score:D what do you think?

I told you today... next time listen to me hahahah just kidding:)
To be fair - Vaslui weren't much better themselves. It would have finished 0-0 had the Sparta keeper actually turnt up instead of helping them win. It's probably best not to gloat on here because you won't last long. :ok