** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Big news regarding Roma in that Totti and Perrotta will miss this match. Given the players already missing we may even see a 4-4-2 looking like this: Stek; Cicinho, Burdisso, Heinze, J. Angel; Caprari, Brighi, Viviani/Simplicio, Taddei; Bojan, Borriello. Alternatively - shift Taddei up to the wing in a 4-3-3 OR put Simplicio in the hole in a 4-3-1-2. None of them are particularly appealing. Still potential for goals but that's a pretty weak side given the level of prep etc. MniXo - do you think the home side has enough given their missing players to trouble Roma? My gut feeling is that they have, but I'm concerned about what you said regarding their missing players. Roma's ability to score is hampered by the two latest injuries and I'm torn whether to add Slovan +1 (AH) to my bets as that is now more likely.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Latest news says that this is provisional sqaud from what Redknapp will choose: Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Bale, Kaboul, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Kranjcar, Rose, Livermore, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Crouch Pretty decent options i would say. Anything less than a victory over Hearts would be a surprise.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August He is trying to implement a 4-3-3 - as much as he can. Roma don't have the ideal players for this system yet, but he is trying. They hope to sign players that fit into the system but as mentioned in my above post they may not play 4-3-3 tomorrow because the squad is quite weak. It's a question of playing Taddei wide up front with Borriello central and Bojan on the other side. I suppose it makes sense for LE to stick with his 4-3-3 system tomorrow but I'm not sure. In short, he is playing 4-3-3 but may abandon it tomorrow.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Big news regarding Roma in that Totti and Perrotta will miss this match. Given the players already missing we may even see a 4-4-2 looking like this: Stek; Cicinho, Burdisso, Heinze, J. Angel; Caprari, Brighi, Viviani/Simplicio, Taddei; Bojan, Borriello. Alternatively - shift Taddei up to the wing in a 4-3-3 OR put Simplicio in the hole in a 4-3-1-2. None of them are particularly appealing. Still potential for goals but that's a pretty weak side given the level of prep etc. MniXo - do you think the home side has enough given their missing players to trouble Roma? My gut feeling is that they have, but I'm concerned about what you said regarding their missing players. Roma's ability to score is hampered by the two latest injuries and I'm torn whether to add Slovan +1 (AH) to my bets as that is now more likely.
Difficult to say. No bet for me. Slovan has new coach Weiss Vladimir (our repre coach). Maybe he can do something. He knows players well. But still think Guede is enormous loss for Slovan. I cannot imagine how Slovan can play without him. Grendel is also good in his position, but he also cannot play in this match.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August The obvious pick tomorrow would be Litex - Dinamo Kiev AW. Currently priced at 1.725 at Pinnacle. Litex are really weak and win domestic matches mainly thanks to the referees. I know because I am from Bulgaria. Their last league game was a draw vs. a weak team from the lower part of the table, a team that will fight relegation this year. It was an away game for Litex, in which they equalized in the last minute, from a doubtful penalty kick. What I am saying is that Dinamo are a big team compared to Litex and big teams like to win the first leg, be it at home or away. I already went 10/10 on Dinamo, as this price is totally worth it. GL all!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Standard Liège vs Helsingborg 1.73 3.4 4.8 Helsingborg - the Full squad in Belgium: Goalkeepers: 1. Daniel Andersson, 30. Pär Hansson, Andreas Linde Slopes: 5. Hannu Squire, 14. Erik Edman, 15. Markus Holgersson, 16. Joseph Baffo, 21. Christoffer Andersson, 23. Erik Wahlstedt, 26. Peter Larsson Midfielders: 6. May Mahlangu, 7. Mattias Lindstrom, 8. Ardian Gashi, 18. Jørgen Skjelvik, 24. Sebastian Carlsen, 28, Simon Thern Forwards: 9. Erik Sundin, 10. Álvaro Santos, 19. Rasmus Jönsson, 39. William Kvist All 20 players available for games that situation is now. The match will be 18 players up for games 4.8 on leader Sweden champ Helsingborg? crazy value +1, DNB 9/10

The obvious pick tomorrow would be Litex - Dinamo Kiev AW. Currently priced at 1.725 at Pinnacle. Litex are really weak and win domestic matches mainly thanks to the referees. I know because I am from Bulgaria. Their last league game was a draw vs. a weak team from the lower part of the table, a team that will fight relegation this year. It was an away game for Litex, in which they equalized in the last minute, from a doubtful penalty kick. What I am saying is that Dinamo are a big team compared to Litex and big teams like to win the first leg, be it at home or away. I already went 10/10 on Dinamo, as this price is totally worth it. GL all!
any missing players for litex? i think shevchenko will not play for dinamo. thx

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event AEK - Dynamo Tbilisi
Selection under 4.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 1/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 1.26
Reasoning Aek in almost all friendly matches made over, a team that takes and score too, Dynamo is a team that can make a surprise, hard to compare with Aek, they know that they must score for hoping because in Georgia is hard to take points. Even if is first match and normally teams are cautions I see a open match, with a lot of goals. Good luck!

He is trying to implement a 4-3-3 - as much as he can. Roma don't have the ideal players for this system yet' date=' but he is trying. They hope to sign players that fit into the system but as mentioned in my above post they may not play 4-3-3 tomorrow because the squad is quite weak. It's a question of playing Taddei wide up front with Borriello central and Bojan on the other side. I suppose it makes sense for LE to stick with his 4-3-3 system tomorrow but I'm not sure. In short, he is playing 4-3-3 but may abandon it tomorrow.[/quote'] Thanks ultravires for your quick reply...it's really strange that they sold Menez and Vucinic, two players that can definitely play in wide attack positions...Bojan was playing this positions in the past but i'm still not sure that he is comfortable out wide, while i don't rate Taddei really high. It's gonna be diffucult season for Roma if they don't spend more in the last two weeks of transfer window. plus i don't know how long will the board be willing to give Luis Enrique if results won't come. I know nothing about Slovan so i will stay away from this match.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Legia Warsaw - Spartak Moscow Legia, after eliminating turkish Goziantepspor in previous round, now faces a mountain to climb, as Spartak Moscow, who starts their 2011/12 european campaign, come to the town. Legia's coach said it's the biggest game of the season for them, so he'll have his team focused and determined. They will miss 2 key players though - Vrdoljak and Hubnik, whilst Ljuboja is doubtful. Legia started their season well in polish league - winning 2 games, both 3-1 against bottom half teams. Spartak on the other hand is in a middle of their domestic campaign, and are unbeaten in 5. They boast of a really good squad (with the likes of de Zeeuw, Ari, Welliton, Kombarov, Emunike), and they seem to be a strong offensive force, having socred 7 in their last two outings. They will definitely come to Warsaw to get a result, and considering Legia's defensive issues, which they undoubtedly have, they should overcome the hosts. I considered Spartak straight win @2.3, but I'll go for the Russians to score at least 2 goals, and also I'll combine it with Lokomotiv Moscow win with medium stakes. My selections: Spartak >1.5 goals @2.5 8/10pts Spartak >1.5 goals & Lokomotiv Moscow (-1.5ah) @ 4.50 4/10 pts Spartak >2.5 goals @6 1/10 pts all bet365

Red Star - Rennes Well, Rennes being a favs at Maracana is quite a big joke IMO.They're indeed a very good side and maybe capable of winning this one, but they're surely not all that superior to be threatened as a favs in this clash.Rennes are traditionally very shaky away from home, and it's a well known fact that they'll face a very hot atmosphere at Maracana on Thursday night, in front of packed stadium.Red Star have enjoyed a very bad start in domestic league, but obviously the players had most of their focus on this match.The Red Star team is generally very good this season, strengthened with a number of players from Brazilian side Flamego, so I doubt we'll see them being as poor as they were at the weekend.One of the best RS players Evandro is still on the sidelines and is still probably very doubtful, but one way or another, it's gonna be a very good starting line-up and I don't think that Rennes will be feeling too comfortable. Player for player, Rennes ain't looking any stronger than Red Star, so surely, with 99% of confidence, one should expect that price for Red Star win will start be dropping heavily. Far from being a banker, but definitely a very nice value bet IMO. Red Star(2.88 at Stan James) to beat Rennes
RED STAR BELGRADE - RENNES I am gonna have to disagree with you here. The atmosphere at the Marakana will be amazing and it definately will be a tough match, but if anyone is worth betting on it has to be Rennes. The Red Star fans are in high spirits after defeating Ventspils 7-0 but Rennes is a different proposition. With the likes of Yann M'Villa in their midfield, I expect them to take control of the middle of the field. It is a well known fact that serbia is lacking decent goalkeepers and this could be the difference tonight. Under Robert prosinecki, Red Star are playing very attractive attacking football, along the style of Arsenal and barca but still have a long way to go before they become a solid european squad. They have many young inexperienced players. With Rennes being poor away from home, and red star IMO the weaker team, I cannot predict a clear winner but the odds on Rennes are very juicy. Perhaps the safest bet here would be on both teams to score or overs. I think this is almost guaranteed. Good luck to all.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August I am looking at the coupon and cant narrow my bankers list down from the following; Celtic, Fulham, Lazio, PSG, Spurs, Besiktas, A. Madrid, A Bilbao, Lokomotiv Moscow, Austria Vienna. Celtic are very keen to get through to the group stages and play european football again but will have to do so without Hooper, Izaguirre and Loovens. They have had a good start to the season and should continue with a reasonable win here. Sion say they will play their best 11 but with FIFA warning them not to play the new signings, it is unclear what will happen until kick off! Either way I cant see past a Celtic win. Fulham have lost davies and risse but have zamora back. nothing else really to add to previous posts as Fulham are strong at home and should win by 1 or 2 goals. Spurs have had a slight change to their plans with the hotel fiasco but its not an issue! The squad they have travelled with is very good in comparison to Hearts. The jambos have made a mixed start to the season and I believe are there for the taking against a spurs line up who are keen to get some game time under thier belts. PSG, Lazio, Lokomotiv Moscow speak for themselves and are much stronger than the opposition and should win by minimum 2 clear goals. A. Madrid have an interesting game against Guimaraes who are no push over but are up against a much better quality opposition in Madrid than in their previous rounds. If anyone can update me on team news I would be very grateful as I cannot find team news as of yet. A. Bilbao and Austria Vienna look good on the face of it and am researching them at the moment, waiting for some friends who are supporters of each club to get back to me with the gossip in the local rags. until later.. GL all

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Ok, there are a couple of games that caught my eye today. Mostly I don't like the fixtures and at first glance was gonna stay away from them, but after a bit more analysis I found a couple of bets I think are worth placing. LEGIA - SPARTAK MOSCOW 2 @ 2.35 My reasoning for this is that Spartak Moscow seem quite good on the counter attack and are definately not a team to be underrated. they can cause anyone problems and I think they will come out of this match as winners. RED STAR BELGRADE - RENNES both teams to score @ 1,77 and over 2.5 @ 2,1 The atmosphere at the Marakana will be amazing and it definately will be a tough match, but if anyone is worth betting on it has to be Rennes. The Red Star fans are in high spirits after defeating Ventspils 7-0 but Rennes is a different proposition. With the likes of Yann M'Villa in their midfield, I expect them to take control of the middle of the field. It is a well known fact that serbia is lacking decent goalkeepers and this could be the difference tonight. Under Robert prosinecki, Red Star are playing very attractive attacking football, along the style of Arsenal and barca but still have a long way to go before they become a solid european squad. They have many young inexperienced players. With Rennes being poor away from home, and red star IMO the weaker team, I cannot predict a clear winner but the odds on Rennes are very juicy. Perhaps the safest bet here would be on both teams to score or overs. I think this is almost guaranteed. ATHLETICO BILBAO - TRABZONOSPOR 1 @ 1,55 and BILBAO TO WIN THE 1ST HALF @ 2,15 Trabzonospor have weakened recently and even if they hadn't Bilbao would have too much for them. Athletico is very strong at home and will want to settle this tie quickly. Having said this, one should be careful and not forget the fact that it looks like the spanish season will be starting 2 weeks later than ussual due to a player strike and this will affect player fitness. I think Bilbao will be looking to settle this in the first half and play keep ball in the 2nd. HEARTS - TOTTENHAM 2 @ 1,6 My reasoning here is simple. Tottenham are far superior to hearts even if Redknapp decides to put out a B squad. Hearts are, even in the domestic league and the Scottish league is poor in itself. I think Tottenham are overpriced in this tie. Good luck to all! :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Hearts vs Tottenham Big gulf in class between these two sides and I expect Tottenham to score at least twice during the 90 mins even if it is a weakened side. Hearts will have fighting spirit as usual at Tynecastle but with players such as Defoe, Crouch, VDV, Modric and Bale (I doubt all will start) they could unlock the Hearts defence at will. Hearts easily passed through to this round 5-2 on agg but I take confidence for my be that opponents Paks managed to score in both legs. Tottenham will be buzzing as this is there season opener after weekends match against Everton was called off. This match might not be built up the same way as it usually is when its Scotland vs England but I believe that Harry will not want to lose this game and im willing to take the risk on Spurs scoring at least 2 here as the gulf in quality between the sides is massive. Tottenham team goals ... Over 1.5 @ 1.74

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Vaslui vs Sparta Prague Pick: Draw I think this game could finish with a draw. This is just a first leg, there will be a revenge in Prague next week, so it is clear Sparta will be very satisfied with such result. It is true Sparta was very impressive against Sarajevo in previous round (won 7:0 on aggregate), but it is also true Vaslui is much stronger team coming from Romania. They lost from Twente in the Champions League preliminary round. Vaslui have transfer embargo from UEFA and that's the main problem. At the moment Vaslui is facing with some injuries as three players are injured and won't play for sure, the midfielder Wesley and the defenders Canu and Papp. To be the situation even worse, Adailton is doubtful. Two more players, the Serbians Pavlovic and Milisavljevic are out of the squad. But on other hand Vaslui is playing at home and they will have a great fun's support. We can't underestimate that fact. Sparta is good team, coach Hasek is doing a great job, but I think a draw here will completely satisfy them. They will be looking the chance in the second match.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Today I went on a double MEDIUM stakes. Celtic v Sion 1 Hannover v Sevilla over 2,5 combioned odds around 2,5 @BET365 Reasoning: The odds on a straight celtic win and on an over in the 2nd match were too low to take... IMO Celtic is a far more experienced side they have home advantage and a good form, 9/10 last matches won. They are going for a str8 win here. I dont know much about the Sion side, but imo they are average and below the quality of Celtic...won 2/5 of their last matches with 1 loose 2 draws. and about the sevilla over game....I just followed the advices of more experienced punters from above ;) any opinions about my bet???? ...wish u all luck :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Red Star Belgrade vs Rennes Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Red Star: Bajkovic, Mikic, Vilotic, Cosic, Tosic, Kovacevic, Dimitrijevic, Kadu, Borha, Kaludjerovic, Lazovic. Rennes: Kostil, Danze, Kana Bijik, Mangan, Mavinga, Mvila, Manzek, Fere, Pitroita, Montanjo, Bukari. I expect a draw at Marakana in Belgrade. There is a class difference between Serbian and French leagues, but... Red Star is playing at home and they will have great support from the fans. No doubt the stadium will be full, the atmosphere at the stadium will be very hot. In the previous round Red Star won 7:0 against Ventspils. We must respect such result. Kadu and Evandro are back in the team and Red Star is much better team with them. On other side Rennes is decent French club. They are now even stronger with new acquisitions like Pitroipa and Feret. Rennes is surely better team than Zvezda. But Rennes is playing as guets, I am sure the draw will satisfy them. Plus, Rennes will be without injured Apam and Brahimi. M'Villa will also miss the game and it is a handicap for Rennes. In situation like this I am expecting a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Can anyone shed light on Metalist at home to Sochaux From the results I've seen so far Sochaux's first two Ligue 1 games have finished in an opening day draw at Marseille but then went home and lost to Caen. 2 games played 3 scored 4 conceded Metalist 3 wins and 3 draws. 2 home wins and no other results at home. Score an average of 2.5 goals / game so far in their 6 matches and concede 1.5 goals / game Too risky? :unsure 2.05 for a home win :\

The obvious pick tomorrow would be Litex - Dinamo Kiev AW. Currently priced at 1.725 at Pinnacle. Litex are really weak and win domestic matches mainly thanks to the referees. I know because I am from Bulgaria. Their last league game was a draw vs. a weak team from the lower part of the table, a team that will fight relegation this year. It was an away game for Litex, in which they equalized in the last minute, from a doubtful penalty kick. What I am saying is that Dinamo are a big team compared to Litex and big teams like to win the first leg, be it at home or away. I already went 10/10 on Dinamo, as this price is totally worth it. GL all!
totally agree! Litex players will want to drive the coach! Sports Director Stoycho Stoilov has an impact.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Today I went on a double MEDIUM stakes. Celtic v Sion 1 Hannover v Sevilla over 2,5 combioned odds around 2,5 @Bet365 Reasoning: The odds on a straight celtic win and on an over in the 2nd match were too low to take... IMO Celtic is a far more experienced side they have home advantage and a good form, 9/10 last matches won. They are going for a str8 win here. I dont know much about the Sion side, but imo they are average and below the quality of Celtic...won 2/5 of their last matches with 1 loose 2 draws. and about the sevilla over game....I just followed the advices of more experienced punters from above any opinions about my bet???? ...wish u all luck :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August thinking of doing an accumulator with these teams all to win, Tottenham, Celtic, Athletic Bilbao, Fulham and PAOK, odds are nearly 10/1 and all teams apart from Spurs are at home. IMO this has a good chanc of winning, to be honest i cant see any of the teams i plan to back losing or drawing. Anyone got opinions on this?:cheers

Anyone like Bilbao at the current odds? Any updates (such as the starting line up) regarding the match will be appreciated!
I don't...down to 1,53??? Surely there are better options tonight.

thinking of doing an accumulator with these teams all to win' date=' Tottenham, Celtic, Athletic Bilbao, Fulham and PAOK, odds are nearly 10/1 and all teams apart from Spurs are at home. IMO this has a good chanc of winning, to be honest i cant see any of the teams i plan to back losing or drawing. Anyone got opinions on this?:cheers[/quote'] I think this PAOK is a risky tip...

Bet has been places' date=' only small stakes though. Im banking on PAOK being at home to see them grab a win[/quote'] I ve seen the Greek bookmakers giving more chances to win on Karpaty, destite PAOK i s a greek team. I dont know why i s so?? Also Greek prediction sites giving advenage on Karpaty... Karpaty is not a tecnical team but only pushers and physically much more ready than Paok.. tat is my opinion:))