BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug

Titus Gent - 3.30 Brighton (0.5ew; 10-1 WH BOG) Front-runner who has won on soft ground. Joined Jeremy Gask last November, but has had only four runs since. Last time out disappointed after hood was removed late, but was successful the time before with the same claimer on board. Recently acquired by Brighton Football Club owner Tony Bloom and appears in a race that is almost certainly not coincidentally called the 'Harry Bloom Memorial', so presumably the owner would love to have the winner of this one.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Aye Aye Digby - 3.30 Brighton 6f Handicap (1pt; 8-1 B365 BOG) Normally an inside rail bias at Brighton but soft ground means the strip by the stands rail will be quickest and I expect all the high drawn runners to head over there. Given there are about four confirmed front runners in the race I'm going to bet against them for they will surely set a suicidal early pace. Conversely those racing off the pace seldom win at Brighton (IV 0.6) so I'll have to plump for a chasing type who will settle in behind the front runners. Aye Aye Digby fits the bill and has won on yielding ground. Shot itself in the foot lto by setting off too quickly so hopefully doesn't repeat that mistake. Competitive at class 3 a couple of seasons ago the 6yo gelding has dropped his mark by 10 since last winning and I reckon him to be well handicapped now.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Worcester 4.50 Rowdy Rampage win - 4/1 Bet365 Bold Perk has been in great form, but up in the weights quite a but now and I think this fella should be fav. String of wins in pointers and won a hunters chase too. Now with top trainer and off 109 could be very well in here.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Newm 8.00 - Al Kazeem - win at 7/4 bog bet365 This is a conditions race featuring some horses who are on the way up through handicaps and some who have faltered at Group/Listed level and are dropping back in class. Al Kazeem looks he's on his way to group races (he's entered in the Great Voltigeur) and he boasts just about the best handicap form on offer this season by a 3 year old. Last time out he won a Class 2 handicap at Newbury (quickened clear, readily). The horses behind him, Labarinto, Fulgur, Dominant, Norse Blues have all come out and won class 2 handicaps in turn and a couple of others have won at lower grades I guess the main danger is that he's been off since May and might be having a prep run for York and might not be fully wound up. But the yard is in form with 5 winners from the last 7 runners so I'll take a chance on his readiness

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 3:30 Brighton - Aye Aye Digby - 1pt @ 8/1 (Bet365) Talented performer on his day and with recent runs suggesting he's in fine fettle, a big run can be expected here. The track will suit, the ground is perfect and he'll get a solid pace to run at, which is a must. Fergus Sweeney is a relatively interesting jockey booking and he's 1-1 for the yard this year. He also gets on well with the horse and could be the man to guide this 6 year old to his first handicap win in quite a while. 8/1 is a cracking price, as if this fellow bounces back to the level of ability he most certainly has, he wins.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 3.30 brighton yurituni 1pt win 12/1 bet365 is in quite good form nut doesnt really do this 5 f dash normally goes better over 6f but i think if this horse can kick for home a furlong early than he normally does then his speed should show through but is up against some good horses though to. has a strong finsih just weather he is in touch with the leaders in the final furlong.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug

3.30 brighton yurituni 1pt win 12/1 bet365 is in quite good form nut doesnt really do this 5 f dash normally goes better over 6f but i think if this horse can kick for home a furlong early than he normally does then his speed should show through but is up against some good horses though to. has a strong finsih just weather he is in touch with the leaders in the final furlong.
Just a heads-up Selfe, 5f 213yds is actually only seven yards shy of 6f, so to all intents and purposes today's race is indeed 6f. (1 furlong = 220 yards.)

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Do More Business - Brighton 2:30 This horse caught my attention for today. Imaginary Diva beat it by 1 length on its last run but Imaginary Diva is 3 pounds higher that that day and Do More Business runs off the same mark! Has been knocking on the door, has come 2nd the last 3 runs and i think it is weighted to turn the tables with the favourite. Win @ 3/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 15:50 Worcester I have doubts about a fair few of these, as a couple don’t look interested at all currently and others could be flattered by their rating. One who I think is still improving is RED NOT BLUE who has really done well this year, winning twice over 2m5f at Southwell. Looks to stay this slightly longer trip too having run very well in a better race two starts ago over this C + D. Travelling well, he was a little unlucky in-running towards the finish and deserved to be a little closer than the 3 lengths away he ended up. He’s since run a creditable race, again over 2m5f finishing 4th. That was a competitive affair and the softer ground that day won’t have been ideal. He’s a really genuine sort, unlike some of the others here (Markington and Very Cool) and although up 1lb from the aforementioned Worcester effort, he looks a huge price at the 11/2 mark. For such a genuine sort who isn’t on a bad mark and looks like he’s still progressing, I was expecting more like 4/1. He’s almost certain to go very well as he doesn’t run too many bad races and in a field where there are doubts about nearly all of them, he’s a solid betting proposition. RED NOT BLUE; 1pt Win @ 11/2 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug REDNOTBLUE 1550 worcester 1 point win 11/2 boyles expected him to open up around the 9/2 mark so the 11/2 on offer is very genereous for a horse in great form. ran up a sequence earlier in the year and two solid races in defeat since. likely still has fuel in the tank and ive a few reservations about the rest.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 1 point win come on the irons 17.30 brighton 4/5 bet365 sporting life priced come on the irons @ 5/4 when there were 6 runners includeing astrolea and bright abbey forcast prices @ 7/4 and 5/2 who would have had decent race claims if they werent NON runners,this 6 runner field is now a depleted 3 runner field and come on the irons is still available at a bit under evens this is a must bet for me,come on the irons beat one of its rivals professor john last time out who has since run a stinker at epson comeing in 8th of 8, lauberhourne will be second,i think the 9,8 on its back today might just prove to much and professor john will be a distant last if not fit

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug W3.50 Halibari 0.5pt E/W 9/1 Stan James I picked this one out last night so it's a little disappointing to have missed the 14/1 quote with Hills this morning, but I guess it's a positive sign that the money has come for it. This jockey was on board for the horses win over c&d last year. It's been raised quite a bit since that win, but it won easily that day so there might be more left to come back at this c&d. It's has a little break since a poor run LTO, but has run well after a break before and the trainer couldn't be in better form with 6 of their last 9 runners making the frame.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 3.00 Brighton - Deerslayer (15/8 William Hill) 1pt Win Did well to beat the long odds on Chaussini over course and distance a few runs back, that horse subsequently won a maiden by 10 lengths, and whilst my selection hasn't quite run up to that form in his two runs since, his run last time out was a step in the right direction and both trainer and jockey have very respectable strike rates at this venue. The 3 horses that oppose him today do not look particularly inspiring and I think after only 5 runs my selection could still have the requisite improvement in him to take this with the minimum of fuss.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 5.00 Brighton: Ishikawa 1pt (100/30 Stan James) Same formula as yesterday, Ishikawa earned the best rating of these when winning at Wolverhampton over 9f the time before last. The most recent run was a third at Lingfield on the turf but is the best effort in this field. Favourite Snowy has yet to run on turf and also has been well fancied three times now and still hasnt delivered the goods. The soft ground should be ok for the selection as he's been kept away from firm ground and was staying on last time so has the stamina to cope with it.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Worcestesr 2.20 American Art -5/2 w/ ladbrokes soveriegn spirit probably needs a bit further in trip, baraathen making too many mistakes recently and not consistent enough for me. American Art rightly favourite here and should win this race, looked a good horse last week, although mccoy probably got the best out of him. should beat everytrhing here. Feel Kensington oval is a main a danger but likes a longer trip :cigar

20.00 Newmarket Al Kazeem - 1pt win @ 7/4 >Bet365 Al Kazeem is a intresting runner for this race and has the strongest form on offer after the win at Newbury last time out and a similar run to that should make him very hard to beat today
non runner 14.30 Brighton Do More Business - 1pt win @ 15/8 >Bet365 this looks the best chance yet for Do More Business to win for a while with the main danger being a non runner he has been a creditable second over recent weeks and should be to strong today for the rest of the field

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Jockey Cathy Gannon has some very good rides today at Brighton but for BBOTD i'll side with her in race 3. Owned and trained by the Houghton family and once again Cathy gets another crack in the plate today, she was very unlucky last time out in a Grade 3 again over the Min trip at Bath, her 4yr old filly has had a nice wee break and if Cathy can get her up front near the furlong pole she could be very hard to pass. Trip and ground should suit, in with a great shout. Brighton 3:30 Yurituni - 0.5 e/w bet @ 14/1 SB and bet365 From the horses mouth.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Brighton 3.30: Spanish Acclaim 1pt win @ 7/1 Ladbrokes BOG Had a couple of runs back so far this season and the latter of which was a vast improvement in first time blinkers when finishing 3rd at Epsom. 1lb lower today and every chance if the headgear has a similar affect again. Has all important C&D form, goes on the forecast ground and looks a decent bet at current 7/1.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 15:30 Titus Gent A few here with a chance and have changed mind a few times but Titus Gent it is. Blind fold come off very late LTO and the field was never for catching after that. Acts on various going. 7lb claimer has won on horse before in apprentice handicap. And a bit of movement on the exchanges for a horse whose trainer has won race before and seems to aim for as race is named after his grandad. win 13/2 W/H

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug CORNUS 3.30 Brighton. 0.5 points each way. Consistent enough and racing off a mark that gives him strong place claims again today. The trip and ground shouldn't be a concern and there's enough pace to the race, so no reason why he shouldn't be involved in the finish. 15/2 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Loose Quality 5.10 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Very interesting runner today, as drops in weight and trip, and also gets the visor put on. Hopefully he'll get to the lead or near to the lead and then he can get the race run to suit and stay on strong enough to fight out the finish. The surface is fine and so let's hope all drops right for him today. 10/1 William Hill (bog)

Worcestesr 2.20 American Art -5/2 w/ ladbrokes soveriegn spirit probably needs a bit further in trip, baraathen making too many mistakes recently and not consistent enough for me. American Art rightly favourite here and should win this race, looked a good horse last week, although mccoy probably got the best out of him. should beat everytrhing here. Feel Kensington oval is a main a danger but likes a longer trip :cigar
ridden well, got to the front nicely :clap :cigar

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug Tipperary 6:15 Invincible Ash 13-2 BET365 (BOG) 1 Point Win Won this last year and in fine form recently ignoring, especially over 5f sprints. His last run was 6f and he was a few lengths off the eventual winner so im not taking that into account. Won over 5f at the curragh with Inexile 2.5 lengths behind and while the weights have come closer i still feel this horse will beat inexile because of C&D winner experience. Some big dangers like Sole Power but he looks at bit high in the weights. 13/2 looks a bit big for this horse so expecting another bold bid for an inform yard.

Brighton 2.30: Do More Business 1pt win @ 15/8 william hill reasoning - just a feeling
In future, you'll have to post more than "just a feeling" as to why you think the horse will go well. Had the bet won, it wouldn't of been counted. Rules can be viewed here - http://forum.punterslounge.com/f13/bet-day-tables-august-119680/ Welcome to the forum.