UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Can anybody confirm that Olimpiakos Volos have been charged with fixing scandal and relegated to lower devision today? If it's true,how do you think players will react and will it affect today's game?:unsure I wonder if odds will start droping from now on?

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July

What happend to your glory hunt thread atko? Was excited to follow... Sent from my LG-P970 using PL Forum
Managed to delete it by accident while fannying around with it. Will be creating one shortly, it'll just be a place to record all the bets I post.

Stoke City v Hajduc Split Quite a value in laying Stoke in my opinion. I must admit I havn't followed their preseason fixtures but I don't think they are such favourites as the odds say. Potters have no Euro expirience, in addition this will be their first match of the season. Knowing the mentality of the English teams Stoke players might not give their best in Europa League game like this. On the other side we have Hajduc, it's true that in the last few years croatians are pale reflection of the glory team they used to be decades ago (three CL quater-finals and 2 UEFA Cup semi-finals). But now we see they are trying to bring the old times back. Whites had a nice start of the season, snatching an away win in their first domestic game, followed by friendly game against Barca whcih only comes to tell us about their ambitions this season. Newly charged head coach Krasimir Balakov has the task to turn this ambitions into reality. Once a brilliant player now a pragmatic tactician Bala relies on solid defence and deadly counter attacks, style that he tried to apply in the game against Barcelona and I guess this would be his approach every time he opposes a strong side. Last season he did a good job in the Bulgarian team Chernomorets, placing them on 3rd position before the winter pause when he left. Chernomorets had only about 5 goals conceded (can't remember well) by this time recording a wins against bulgarian best teams Levski and CSKA, holding the future champions Litex to a draw. The only game of Hajduc I watched this season was against Barca but I think Bala hasn't change his style. Croatians will go to England to snatch a good tournament result, I wont be surprised to see them winning but I will take a safer approach by just laying Stoke with medium stakes. Draw @ 4.00 /3 units Hajduc @6.00 / 2 units Aggregated odds: 2.50 Bookie: Bet365 Hajduc +0.5 @2.375 ain't worth taking it because is fairly low priced compared to the aggregated ods
I won't pick too many holes as I don't disagree with too much you have said, but the highlighted bit is not right. The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds nowadays lies somewhere between poor and piss poor, this is not the case at Stoke, they probably have some of the best fans in the league and the game tonight is likely to be sold out for their first European game in 36 odd years, the players are very much motivated and this is seen as a very big game for them. They are not particuarly suited to being the favourite and breaking teams down, they love being the underdog. See it being possibly a physical battle, although this is possibly unfair on Stoke as they have some very technically gifted players, should be a good game to watch but no bets for me..

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Odds on us are way too short but to be honest i don't see anything but our win today.otherwise fans will destory stadium and city :lol We will play 4-3-3. hard to predict goal margin it could be 2-0 or 4-0 or maybe just 1-0 but i found one bet which looks good to me: Karpaty to win to nil @1.80 bet365 i just see St.patricks sitting in their half and praying

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Young Boys Bern-Westerlo line ups: Young Boys Bern line-up:Wölfli,Sutter,Nef,Veskovac,Spycher,Degen,Silberbauer,Farnerud, Costanzo,Schneuwly,Ben Khalifa reserves:Benito,Bienvenu,Raimondi,Nuzzolo,Affolter,Doubai,Zverotic injuries:Lecjaks,Dudar,Lingani Westerlo line-up: De Winter,Vanaudenaerde,De Greef,Corstjens,Delen,Brüls,De Petter,Ngolok,Farssi,Annab,Dekelver. reserves: Deelkens,Cabeke,Van Hout,Molenberghs,Vanthournout,Adams,Marcao injuries: Owusu Westerlo reached a ticket for the Europa League by his top attacker Paulo Henrique, who's now playing for Trabzonspor. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Anorthosis F. vs Rabotnicki Pick: 1 (a.h. -1.5) I expect Anorthosis Famagusta to win in handicap. They are solid team from Cyprus, they even played in UEFA Champions League group stage in the season 2008/09. Of course they are not that strong now, but still they are class above Rabotnicki. The main advantage for Anorthosis is the home ground. It is interesting to be mentioned that Anorthosis is originaly from the Famagusta, but after the island was divided on Greek and Turkish part, Famagusta stay located in the Turkish part of the island. Therefore the club official name now is Anorthosis Famagusta, but they played the matches in the city of Larnaca. I already wrote Anorthosis is strong at home. In the previous round they played against Gagra from Georgia. After the confortable 3:0 at home (the scorers were Nemanja Vucicevic and Jan Rezek twice), Anorthosis was close to elimination after Gagra leaded 2:0 in Zestaponi during the first half. Still, Anorthosis managed to save the goal in the second half. Coach Stanimir Stoilov was angry to his players, just as the President of the club who even visit the training and ask the maximum from the players. Rabotnicki is not the same team from the last season. Number of players have leaved the club: Stefanovic, Radovic, Stankovic, Belica, Andonov, Gligorov, Mitrevski and others. On other side some new players like Lazarevski and Angelov joined the club. According to me, Rabotnicki is now weaker then last season. Plus, coach Goran Petrevski will need some time to incorporate them. It is true Rabotnicki won all 4 games so far, but Trans Narva from Estonia and Juvenes Dogana from San Marino were poor teams. I expect strong attacks from Anorthosis players from the very first minute. Rabotnicki will probably defend, but I doubt they are able to keep the net untouched. I see a class difference between Anorthosis and Rabotnicki and I expect Anorthosis to win with at least two goals.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Palermo vs. FC Thun Palermo are still really in pre-season mode. They've played a couple of whack sides and won 8-0 etc. They recently played Siena and beat them 3-1. They've had to get used to their new manager Pioli and I'm not entirely sure how they've been setting up. Given their players I would imagine it is similar to their usual system of 4-3-2-1. With Pastore leaving it may become 4-3-1-2. Their only real signing so far is Zahavi. The squad they've called is: Goalkeepers: Benussi, Brichetto. Defenders: Balzaretti, Bovo, Cassani, Cetto, Mantovani, Munoz, Pisano. Midfielders: Acquah, Bacinovic, Bertolo, Di Matteo, Ilicic, Migliaccio, Nocerino, Zahavi. Forwards: Gonzalez, Miccoli, Pinilla. Notably they are without Sirigu and Pastore who are both reportedly very close to respective moves. Pastore is a massive loss while Sirigu was their first-choice 'keeper. Besides that they are at full-strength personnel wise. There should be a good crowd at the Barbera tonight with over 21,000 tickets sold. This, and the fact that it is Pioli's first competitive match, should help negate the slack Italian approach towards EL. I don't imagine that Palermo are in the best shape possible. I don't know much about Thun. Just from looking at their matches I can see they got here with some fortune. They scored 2 late goals to beat an Albanian team in the previous round 2-1. They have also played and won 2 league matches thus far. Therefore I'd expect them to be in good shape, and getting into the full flow of their season. I can't really tell you about squad issues for Thun because I don't know enough, nor can I find much info on their site. I just don't think Palermo should be overwhelming favourites for this match. Given the respective fitness and preparation levels I can see Thun harassing Palermo quite a bit. It will be interesting to see how Pioli has been working with Palermo because their D is always going to have nightmare moments. They also lost some of their attacking edge with Pastore moving. The default line is +1.5, but I am going to take +1 because I'm happy to sacrifice the full win on a one goal loss for the increased odds. Thun +1 - 2.425 - 3 points - Bet365 I'm also thinking of taking on Atletico, but have to look further.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Dinamo B. - Varazdin Pick: 1 (a.h. -1.5) Dinamo Bucharest is strong team from Romania. They keep the players from the last season and the team is ready for the new season. Of course there are some changes, first of all on coaching position. Liviu Ciubotariu is the new coach. Three players joined the squad, but they were Dinamo players on loan to other clubs. It's about Scarlatache, Pulhac and Niculae who all returned. On other side Varazdin is in difficult position. The club is having problem with the finances, players are unpaid for some time. In the domestic championship Varazdin lost 0:2 at home from Lokomotiva Zagreb in the first round. But Varazdin have many problems even for this match. Two players are with the national team (U21) - Puncec and Glavica. Two important players are suspended - Safaric and Conjar. Three more players are sidelined with the injuries - Golubar, Antolic and Kaniski. And finally, three more players are rated as doubtful - Simek, Tkalcic and Vugrinec. Maybe some of them will play, but it is clear they are not 100 percent ready. It is expected some of the youngsters to be in the starting eleven. In situation like this I am expecting Dinamo to win at least with two goals difference.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Stoke vs Hajduk Pick: Home win I believe Stoke is closer to the victory at Britannia Stadium. The main difference between those two teams is the quality of the domestic leagues. While the Premier League is maybe the best in the World, the Croatian league quality is poor. It is just a battle between Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split, only the games between them are something special. And Hajduk is inferior in that battle for a long period. From time to time some of the mentioned two teams make some good result in Europe. That happened last year, when Hajduk managed to reach the group stage in UEFA Europe League. But Hajduk now is not that strong. The best player from the last season Senad Ibricic left the squad and I think that's the main problem. Hajduk have new coach, Krasimir Balakov from Bulgaria, but I don't see him as crucial factor. On other side Stoke is good team, they are strong at home. In the last season they won 3:1 against Arsenal, 2:0 against Liverpool and played 1:1 with Chelsea. We must respect such results. Stoke have good defense with Ryan Shawcross and Robert Huth, both are good and experienced. I doubt Hajduk strikers will score here. The attack will probably be leaded by Kenwyne Jones and Mamady Sidibe and I believe they will score. So, I expect Stoke victory here.

Many players look good on Youtube. Some turn out to be decent' date=' some way below average......[/quote'] The guys is only 21,i didn't say he will come out and start scoring goals in every match.My point was we have enough quality strikers to take St.patricks down.We are building a new team and as you know it takes time.We had bad result but we didn't play bad.It will be hard to stop us when we will be back in form again.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Can anyone provide some info about the Mainz v Gas Metan game? Germans had alot of on-loan players last season and probably the best one of them Lewis Holtby is back to Schalke now. What's the current situation in the club and respectively the athmosphere before the first official match for the season? Romanian teams perform well in Europe during the last few years. Odds for draw or Gas Metan are awesome. Gas Metan +1.5 @2.375 also looks tasty but I don't know anything about this team so some inside information from romanian punters would be well appreciated. I am interested in this game because at first glance the price on Mainz looks short to me.

Can anybody confirm that Olimpiakos Volos have been charged with fixing scandal and relegated to lower devision today? If it's true,how do you think players will react and will it affect today's game?:unsure I wonder if odds will start droping from now on?
Greek media has reported that Olympiacos Volou will be relegated to Division 2 (along with Kavala) for the team's involvement in fixed matches. Can't be a good thing for the players' psychology going into an away match for the Europa Cup. A bet against Olympiacos Volou with the AH may be an option here.....

Greek media has reported that Olympiacos Volou will be relegated to Division 2 (along with Kavala) for the team's involvement in fixed matches. Can't be a good thing for the players' psychology going into an away match for the Europa Cup. A bet against Olympiacos Volou with the AH may be an option here.....
Yep,exactly what i read.Already took home team with +1.5AH I think Atalanta and Chievo are awaiting verdict too.

What's wrong with unders or overs bets? How are they boring?
I bet on hundreds of matches a week. The margins on unders/overs (if you know your stuff) are so narrow its barely worth posting up. If i must post about a match i will do so where i see real value. I have no doubt people make a squeak from it but life is for living!! That does not mean i chase big prices but if there is not 10% in it for me i feel i am wasting time. I did not say boring, just not interesting. Good luck :p

I won't pick too many holes as I don't disagree with too much you have said' date=' but the highlighted bit is not right. The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds nowadays lies somewhere between poor and piss poor, this is not the case at Stoke, [b']they probably have some of the best fans in the league and the game tonight is likely to be sold out for their first European game in 36 odd years, the players are very much motivated and this is seen as a very big game for them. They are not particuarly suited to being the favourite and breaking teams down, they love being the underdog. See it being possibly a physical battle, although this is possibly unfair on Stoke as they have some very technically gifted players, should be a good game to watch but no bets for me..
Terribly sorry to post and not tip but the highlighted bit in your post is not right at all.

I won't pick too many holes as I don't disagree with too much you have said' date=' but the highlighted bit is not right. The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds nowadays lies somewhere between poor and piss poor, this is not the case at Stoke, they probably have some of the best fans in the league and the game tonight is likely to be sold out for their first European game in 36 odd years, the players are very much motivated and this is seen as a very big game for them. They are not particuarly suited to being the favourite and breaking teams down, they love being the underdog. See it being possibly a physical battle, although this is possibly unfair on Stoke as they have some very technically gifted players, should be a good game to watch but no bets for me..[/quote'] You beat me to it, I was about to say that Stoke will be very motivated, this is not the same as Liverpool, Man City etc. For Stoke to be in Europe is massive. It's very difficult to imagine them ever qualifying for the Champions League, and they look too strong to be relegated, so I strongly believe they will give their all to their Europa League campaign, the same way Fulham did under Hodgson. And like Fulham, I can see them getting quite a long way, if they manage to navigate their first few ties and get used to playing teams with different styles of play. Was considering backing them tonight but I don't know much about the opposition, other than the fact that Croatian teams have struggled in Europe lately and haven't looked great when I've watched them play.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July Nacional vs Hacken - Hacken EH (+1) @ 3.40 - Corbettsports 5pts Nacional are worth a massive lay here. The Swedish are being undermined in these European competitions but they are picking up results. Malmo, who were massive underdogs, went to Scotland and took all three points from champions Rangers not long ago. I feel Hacken can get a result here. Hacken have won their last six matches in all competitions which will breed confidence into this team that they can go to Portugal and impress. Their top goal scorer, Mattias Ranegie (17 apps, 14 goals), is in top form netting four from his last six starts. The Swedish league is well under way so they may have the edge in terms of fitness here. They meet a Nacional side who will know that this will be a much harder test then that of Iceland’s FH who they beat 2-0 at home. Of course they are a decent side but 1.40 with some Bookies, absolute madness. Corbettsports seem to have made a rick here because 3.40, which is essentially a draw/win, is too big or have I got this all wrong? Not savvy with all these handicaps.

You really think Stoke have some of the best fans in the league? Oh dear. :lol I could easily give you five teams which have much better supporters than Stoke.
Congratulations :eyes..The ground will probably be sold out and they will be making noise for 90mins which is better than most clubs in the PL and good enough for me to classify them as one of the best sets in the league..it's a pointless debate and off topic, not really something you need to make a comment on.

Nacional vs Hacken - Hacken EH (+1) @ 3.40 - Corbettsports 5pts Nacional are worth a massive lay here. The Swedish are being undermined in these European competitions but they are picking up results. Malmo, who were massive underdogs, went to Scotland and took all three points from champions Rangers not long ago. I feel Hacken can get a result here. Hacken have won their last six matches in all competitions which will breed confidence into this team that they can go to Portugal and impress. Their top goal scorer, Mattias Ranegie (17 apps, 14 goals), is in top form netting four from his last six starts. The Swedish league is well under way so they may have the edge in terms of fitness here. They meet a Nacional side who will know that this will be a much harder test then that of Iceland’s FH who they beat 2-0 at home. Of course they are a decent side but 1.40 with some Bookies, absolute madness. Corbettsports seem to have made a rick here because 3.40, which is essentially a draw/win, is too big or have I got this all wrong? Not savvy with all these handicaps.
No mate you are right, the Hacken +1 EH is the same as double chance draw/away win.

Odds on us are way too short but to be honest i don't see anything but our win today.otherwise fans will destory stadium and city :lol We will play 4-3-3. hard to predict goal margin it could be 2-0 or 4-0 or maybe just 1-0 but i found one bet which looks good to me: Karpaty to win to nil @1.80 bet365 i just see St.patricks sitting in their half and praying
I'll have a bit of this too, considering Coral have them priced up as 1.1 shots, 1.8 for Karpaty to keep a clean sheet looks a bit overpriced, other bookies have it at 1.65 and I'm obviously covering the 0-0 with this too..St Pat's are going over there as massive underdogs and in my earlier post the manager admitted as much, they won't get on with the heat and will be struggling later on when Karapaty might have taken their foot off the pedal, expect them to be defending for long periods and see little to no possession..seems a half decent price in the circumstances. Karpaty to keep a clean sheet - 1.8 - Coral - 2.5 Points

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event FSV Mainz - Gaz Metan Medias
Selection Gaz Metan(+2)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.86
Reasoning I'm gonna take a bite at these odds. Mainz was a surprise last season in Bundesliga as they've managed to finish on 5th place ahead of teams like Schalke, Werder, Hamburg or Stuttgart. They were an excellent counter-attacking team with the 3rd best record on the road, but at home it was a different story as they suffered 7 defeats. They are a well organized team which like to exploit spaces on counter. However a couple of important players from last season are no longer part of the team. Striker Schurlle left for Leverkuse, Holtby and Fuchs went to Schalke while Karhan went to his home country, Slovakia. The replacements don't really say much, maybe just Ujah who is a promising striker transfered from Lillestrom. Mainz won't be underestimated again this season, teams will look to play more careful against them, so a tough year is ahead of them, and relegation could be a possibility. Gaz Metan is a decent Romanian team. They don't have much money for investments, but are a team which has been playing under the same formation for quite a couple of years now. Same coach since they promoted 4 seasons ago, and mostly same players. Because of this they had an excellent season last year, and are now playing Mainz. They play in a 4-5-1 formation, are solid in the aerial play and their coach is good at keeping things tight at the back. I don't really see a Mainz win by more than 2 goals as such a big possibility, and consider the +2 handicap as worth a shot.