UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July

Re: UEFA Europa League > 26-28 July

Karpaty Lviv -v- St. Patricks Athletic St. Pats come into this game missing their captain and most important midfielder Stephen Bradley, as well as Daryl Kavanagh who is a right winger/striker. The loss of Bradley through suspension is a big problem for Pats tonight, but Dave Mulcahy will likely come in to replace him, and is a St Pats legend, so will be able to do a good combative job. As a result of the loss of Bradley, an awful lot of pressure falls upon Shane McFaul to provide the composed passing play St. Pats are going to need if they are at all to retain some possession tonight. Pats will likely line up with a 4-5-1 formation and will have Danny North leading the line. They will be geared towards counter-attack and will definitley be capable of getting a goal on the break. The biggest issue tonight is of course the quality of the opposition they face - Karpaty Lviv have many very gifted and technical footballers, and that without doubt makes them favourites. But it looks like they've a lot of gelling to do as a team yet, and with poor results coming into this game tonight, I think there is a lot of pressure on Karpaty to perform. St. Pats have been excellent this season in the league under Pete Mahon, got a good 0-0 away result -v- Sligo Rovers at the weekend. Their young team are very combative and will be well-prepared for this game, in comparison to their defeat to Shakthar Kargandy in the previous round away trip. And of course, being half way through their season, and having already played 4 games in Europe, I believe this match practice and confidence gives them an edge over Karpaty. I myself fancy St. Pats to score tonight. I don't fancy them to get a draw - they will lose. But the onus is on Karpaty to go out and score goals. I am not convinced they will score many, and I think Pats can nick an away goal. Therefore, I am choosing to bet with Paddy Power, and betting on St Pats +2.0 Handicap (note, this is not an Asian handicap bet, but essentially is an Asian handicap +1.5 bet) @ 11/10 odds. I think it is good value, but it is certainly a risky bet. St. Pats will lose tonight, but I think they can limit it to a one goal margin. If they weren't missing their captain, I would be more sure of this bet, so let me finish by saying I think this is a low strength bet. Vorskla Poltava -v- Sligo Rovers Sligo Rovers are currently top of the Irish league and have been on a remarkable run of forum as of late. They have been an excellent team under manager Paul Cook and have grown and grown in stature and confidence over the last two years. Last season they won both cup competitions in Ireland, and finished third in the league, and they are my pick to win the league this year too. They have also been brilliant at the back this season, having only conceded ten goals in total in the league campaign, with 24 games played so far - with 4 being conceded at home, and 6 away. They tend to line up with a 4-3-3 formation, but I think tonight it will be more of a 4-5-1 formation, and in Joseph Ndo ex-Cameroon international midfielder who played at the 1998 World Cup, they have somebody who is an instrumental playmaker. He will look to orchestrate the possession for Sligo tonight and I believe Sligo will go out with the intention of playing a low scoring game, and holding onto as much possession as possible. Vorskla have had a decent start to their league campaign, and their 4-2 win at the weekend, as well as their 5-0 aggregate victory against Glentoran, including a 3-0 home victory in the previous round shows they can score goals. But Sligo Rovers are a level above Glentoran, and again because they're halfway through their season, will provide a much stiffer test than Glentoran. Sligo have a full host of players to choose from so there are no injury worries at all. Vorskla have two dangerous strikers in the form of Januzi and Bezus. If Sligo can deny them as much as possible the opportunities, by choking possession in midfield, then I think these two strikers will see little action. Again, like above I am recommending Sligo +2.0 Handicap (effective +1.5 Asian Handicap) with Paddy Power at 10/11. I am confident Sligo will get a good result in Ukraine and I believe they can also keep this a low scoring game. Therefore I would strongly recommend the handicap above, and also recommend a small stakes bet on the under 2.5 goals @ odds of 2.2 with betfair. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Finally I just want to state that along with Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers and St Patricks Athletic are the three best Irish teams at the moment. Good luck tonight, if you choose to take these tips!
cheers man . great work

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic