Romania > Liga 1 > 2011/12

Friday 22 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Ceahlaul PT Neamt v Pandurii Targu Jiu (16:30 BST) 2.42 3.28 3.02 104.92 %
maximize.gif Dinamo Bucuresti v FCM Târgu Mures (18:20 BST) 1.4 4.4 8 106.33 %
maximize.gif Dacia Mioveni v Universitatea Cluj (20:00 BST) 2.87 3.25 2.4 107.22 %
Saturday 23 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Vointa Sibiu v Steaua Bucuresti (15:00 BST) 6.22 3.75 1.6 105.24 %
Sunday 24 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rapid Bucuresti v FC Vaslui (16:30 BST) 2.01 3.3 3.75 106.72 %
maximize.gif CFR Cluj v Astra Ploiesti (19:30 BST) 1.56 3.75 6 107.44 %
Monday 25 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Brasov v Gaz Metan Medias (16:30 BST) 2.55 3.25 2.75 106.35 %
maximize.gif Concordia Chiajna v Sportul Studentesc (17:00 BST) 2.3 3.25 3.1 106.51 %
maximize.gif Petrolul Ploiesti v Otelul Galati (19:30 BST) 3.4 3.25 2.25 104.63 %

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Romania Liga 1 2011/12 First round in Romania starts today and I could say some games are attracting but being first round it could always be risky. After some reading and analysing this is what I came up with.

CS Mioveni - Universitatea Cluj

CS Mioveni promoted to Liga I but they had lot of luck also doing that becuz some teams in first league didn't pick their license so they were sent to second division. Mioveni was waiting for the final answer before knowing if they gonna promote not preparing much, and after the answer was positive, they started buying some quality players. Problem is it was a short period of time, some arriving at the club 2 weeks ago and some even arriving few days ago. They didn't go into any summer camp training and I could say the players hardly know each other yet. On the other hand, U Cluj didn't have some shining signings this summer but they kept same team like last season mostly. They were gone to Austria this summer for the training session and I was nicely surprised to find out they had couple of good results against modest teams ( U Cluj 3:0 Gaziantepspor; U Cluj 2:0 Karpaty; U Cluj 2:1 Viktoria Plzeň; and other mixed results but with teams I don't know much about ). Reason for which I think U Cluj won't take this game lightly is becuz next two rounds they will be playing two of the top teams in Romania which gonna fight for the title so I'm pretty sure they will want to grab full points in this game. CS Mioveni had some good signings but it was a late call for them and I don't think players will be used with each other yet and they need much more preparation. Cluj's advantage into this game is homogeneity and I think they could pick a favorable result. Yesterdays odds for away win were 2,60 and now dropped to 2,35. I would have taken today x2 @ 1,41 but since odds dropped I can't find it at these odds anymore so I'll maybe skip. Away win is at 2,35 now and that's very possible also but being first round maybe better go for safety. Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,36 Selection: U Cluj to score @ 1,40

Dinamo Bucuresti - FCM Targu-Mures

Dinamo had a good training camp experience, players being very positive about this season and hoping to fight for the title with the other favorites. They had a bad season last year losing a place for the eauropeans by few points and losing Romanian Cup in the finals to their rivals from Steaua. They have a new coach now and couple of good transfers also. The team had problems last season in the defense mostly where they all the time conceded goals that's why probably they signed more defenders than other positions. Most notable transfers this summer are Cristian Pulhac (defender, Hércules CF Alicante), Adrian Scarlatache (defender, FK Khazar Lankaran), Nicolae Musat (defender, FK Khazar Lankaran) and Marius Niculae (forward, Kavala FC). As you see they are looking forward to strengthen their defense since with the attack they shouldn't have any problems. Dinamo for many years was known for the ability to score lots of goals but also for conceding. Another advantage is that they kept at the team their stars Torje, Alexe, Danciulescu, and with Marius Niculae signing for them it's definitely gonna look as a dangerous attacking line. Some results this summer camp ( Dinamo Bucuresti 2:1 FC Basel 1893; Dinamo Bucuresti 2:1 Maccabi Haifa; Dinamo Bucuresti 17:0 FC Kossen - probably not some important team looking at the score; and some other mixed results ) They score 28 and conceded 5 in 7 games, 5 of them going over 2,5. Last season they played with FC Targu-Mures and they beat them both times, once with 6:2 and once with 4:1. Targu-Mures finished on a decent position last season (9) considering they promoted last year only and definitely gonna be looking to finish in top 10 again. I'm pretty sure they gonna go into this encounter trying to revenge the 10 goals they conceded last season with Dinamo. The only question will be if Dinamo did really improve with their defense, but if they gonna concead today, then I'm pretty sure it will go over 2,5 as last season. Odds for 2,5+ are same as odds for Targu-Mures to score so both of the options would look viable. Selection: Home Win @ 1,45 Selection: Over 2,5 or Targu-Mures to score @ 1,85 It's first round so I wouldn't advise you to bet high stakes if you want to follow, but maybe for a small stake ticket with some other couple of games it could be ok to try it. I hope there won't be any surprises and game will go as they are supposed to. Good luck all!

Re: Romania Liga 1 2011/12

First round in Romania starts today and I could say some games are attracting but being first round it could always be risky. After some reading and analysing this is what I came up with.

CS Mioveni promoted to Liga I but they had lot of luck also doing that becuz some teams in first league didn't pick their license so they were sent to second division. Mioveni was waiting for the final answer before knowing if they gonna promote not preparing much, and after the answer was positive, they started buying some quality players. Problem is it was a short period of time, some arriving at the club 2 weeks ago and some even arriving few days ago. They didn't go into any summer camp training and I could say the players hardly know each other yet. On the other hand, U Cluj didn't have some shining signings this summer but they kept same team like last season mostly. They were gone to Austria this summer for the training session and I was nicely surprised to find out they had couple of good results against modest teams ( U Cluj 3:0 Gaziantepspor; U Cluj 2:0 Karpaty; U Cluj 2:1 Viktoria Plzeň; and other mixed results but with teams I don't know much about ). Reason for which I think U Cluj won't take this game lightly is becuz next two rounds they will be playing two of the top teams in Romania which gonna fight for the title so I'm pretty sure they will want to grab full points in this game. CS Mioveni had some good signings but it was a late call for them and I don't think players will be used with each other yet and they need much more preparation. Cluj's advantage into this game is homogeneity and I think they could pick a favorable result. Yesterdays odds for away win were 2,60 and now dropped to 2,35. I would have taken today x2 @ 1,41 but since odds dropped I can't find it at these odds anymore so I'll maybe skip. Away win is at 2,35 now and that's very possible also but being first round maybe better go for safety. Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,36 Selection: U Cluj to score @ 1,40

Dinamo had a good training camp experience, players being very positive about this season and hoping to fight for the title with the other favorites. They had a bad season last year losing a place for the eauropeans by few points and losing Romanian Cup in the finals to their rivals from Steaua. They have a new coach now and couple of good transfers also. The team had problems last season in the defense mostly where they all the time conceded goals that's why probably they signed more defenders than other positions. Most notable transfers this summer are Cristian Pulhac (defender, Hércules CF Alicante), Adrian Scarlatache (defender, FK Khazar Lankaran), Nicolae Musat (defender, FK Khazar Lankaran) and Marius Niculae (forward, Kavala FC). As you see they are looking forward to strengthen their defense since with the attack they shouldn't have any problems. Dinamo for many years was known for the ability to score lots of goals but also for conceding. Another advantage is that they kept at the team their stars Torje, Alexe, Danciulescu, and with Marius Niculae signing for them it's definitely gonna look as a dangerous attacking line. Some results this summer camp ( Dinamo Bucuresti 2:1 FC Basel 1893; Dinamo Bucuresti 2:1 Maccabi Haifa; Dinamo Bucuresti 17:0 FC Kossen - probably not some important team looking at the score; and some other mixed results ) They score 28 and conceded 5 in 7 games, 5 of them going over 2,5. Last season they played with FC Targu-Mures and they beat them both times, once with 6:2 and once with 4:1. Targu-Mures finished on a decent position last season (9) considering they promoted last year only and definitely gonna be looking to finish in top 10 again. I'm pretty sure they gonna go into this encounter trying to revenge the 10 goals they conceded last season with Dinamo. The only question will be if Dinamo did really improve with their defense, but if they gonna concead today, then I'm pretty sure it will go over 2,5 as last season. Odds for 2,5+ are same as odds for Targu-Mures to score so both of the options would look viable. Selection: Home Win @ 1,45 Selection: Over 2,5 or Targu-Mures to score @ 1,85 It's first round so I wouldn't advise you to bet high stakes if you want to follow, but maybe for a small stake ticket with some other couple of games it could be ok to try it. I hope there won't be any surprises and game will go as they are supposed to. Good luck all!

Are from Romania Zacharael or you just follow the league?

First round in Romania starts today and I could say some games are attracting but being first round it could always be risky. After some reading and analysing this is what I came up with.

CS Mioveni 0 - 1 Universitatea Cluj

Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,36 Selection: U Cluj to score @ 1,40

Dinamo Bucuresti 1 - 0 FCM Targu-Mures

Selection: Home Win @ 1,45 Selection: Over 2,5 or Targu-Mures to score @ 1,85 Was a good day in Romania, all favorites won. Dinamo scored early ( min' 12 ), I really expected more goals but it seems the ball didn't wanna go in. They had couple of nice chances and could have scored more. Will be looking forward to see if we have anything to pick tomorrow.

:cheers

Re: Romania Liga 1 2011/12 Hmm, I'll try today again on the only game played in Romania and I hope for no surprises from a newly promoted team which doesn't promise much for the upcoming season anyway.

Vointa Sibiu - Steaua Bucharest

After loss in the super cup for Steaua I'm very confident they will go into this game motivated to go home with all three points. The environment at Steaua is very tensioned as always, mostly becuz of their owner who want's to see good results all the time. They signed couple of players for next season and from different sources it seems they will be signing even more players as they are lacking good substitutes in case of any main player suspension or injury. They had problems last season in attack, but now they signed some good forwards which impressed me in the game vs Otelul Galati ( Raul Rusescu who gave everything in last game struggling alot for his team and Leandro Tatu from Beira-Mar which looks very promising). They had a good defense most of the time in last seasons also and I doubt a newly promoted team will cause them big troubles. I expect their new forwards to take attitude and show what they are capable of. Vointa Sibiu promoted by surprise to first league, after players were called back from vacation becuz 4 teams didn't receive their license to play in Liga I so they had the chance to promote but had to play play-offs. The team is supported financiary by the municipality of the town so they can't afford to spend much money on transfers, therefore their team is not highly rated for this season. No disrespect, but in my humble opinion I think they gonna struggle this season with relegation, in the end falling back to second division. They skipped also preparations, and only starting to get ready one week ago when they got the final answer knowing they will play in Liga I. Sibiu's coach said they will be concentrating on getting at least a draw here but I'm confident Steaua will win. Selection: Away Win @ 1,65 Good luck everyone and a happy weekend!

Hmm, I'll try today again on the only game played in Romania and I hope for no surprises from a newly promoted team which doesn't promise much for the upcoming season anyway.

Vointa Sibiu - Steaua Bucharest

After loss in the super cup for Steaua I'm very confident they will go into this game motivated to go home with all three points. The environment at Steaua is very tensioned as always, mostly becuz of their owner who want's to see good results all the time. They signed couple of players for next season and from different sources it seems they will be signing even more players as they are lacking good substitutes in case of any main player suspension or injury. They had problems last season in attack, but now they signed some good forwards which impressed me in the game vs Otelul Galati ( Raul Rusescu who gave everything in last game struggling alot for his team and Leandro Tatu from Beira-Mar which looks very promising). They had a good defense most of the time in last seasons also and I doubt a newly promoted team will cause them big troubles. I expect their new forwards to take attitude and show what they are capable of. Vointa Sibiu promoted by surprise to first league, after players were called back from vacation becuz 4 teams didn't receive their license to play in Liga I so they had the chance to promote but had to play play-offs. The team is supported financiary by the municipality of the town so they can't afford to spend much money on transfers, therefore their team is not highly rated for this season. No disrespect, but in my humble opinion I think they gonna struggle this season with relegation, in the end falling back to second division. They skipped also preparations, and only starting to get ready one week ago when they got the final answer knowing they will play in Liga I. Sibiu's coach said they will be concentrating on getting at least a draw here but I'm confident Steaua will win. Selection: Away Win @ 1,65 Good luck everyone and a happy weekend!

Selection: Away Win @ 1,65 88 Minute equalizer :-/ Anyway, I think Sibiu deserves the draw even if it came late. Steaua is very disappointing and doesn't show anything dangerous.

Sport Football (Romania)
Event CFR Cluj - Astra Ploiesti
Selection under 1.5 goals
Strength 1/10
Date 24/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.10
Reasoning The start of Romanian league, CFR one of the biggest shame from last season is starting this year with the biggest team (from the median of highs of players, 1.84 cm) but that isn't a criteria of value so I still don't trust this team, I lean to a 0-0 match but for safe I'll take under 1.5 goals, I see a Astra team that it will be happy closing the match and leave with a point. Good luck!

Petrolul Ploiesti - Otelul Galati

Another game between a newly promoted team and one of the top teams in Liga I in Romania. I find odds for the champions quite attractive and after seeing them play in Super Cup I fancy them to take all three points easily. Petrolul Ploiesti gonna have a hard start of the season, playing first three rounds with strong teams from Liga I and that's why probably the coach also aimed for a modest 7-8 points in first 5 rounds only. Thay have problems in the defensive line, having only two experienced players in the central defense and no other on the reserve list. Another disadvantage for Petrolul is that they are not gonna play at home as they are supposed to and instead they will play on another stadium becuz their stadium is under construction at the moment so the supporting crowd which is supposed to be standing for them at first game in Liga I will be missed. Petrolul changed it's team drastically in this summer brake so players might as well not be used to each other yet and they might lack the focus and pace of a homogeneous team. Otelul on the other hand, kept same coach and same players for 2-3 years now and that could be a great plus for the current champions. They started well this season winning the Super Cup after a game in which they dominated and controlled the ball smoothly. They will have easy games in first three rounds of the season playing only newly promoted teams therefore they gonna aim for all three points in each of those games. I fancy them to fight and grab as much as possible from the start before they will have to play in Champions League also. Three of their tital rivals this year won their first game already and I'm sure Otelul will want to stand between them at the top of the league and not drop points against teams like Petrolul. They have good players, fast ones and with a fighting mentality and I can't see something else other than a victory for the guests. Away win odds are at 2,15 ( dropped since last week when they were at 2,40 ) and I'm going to take that with maybe a back-up on the correct score 0:0. Selection: Away Win @ 2,15 Good luck everyone with your bets today :)

Concordia Chiajna - Sportul Studentesc

These two teams played once more on 1st of July in a friendly game, where Sportul managed to grab a 2:1 victory. Concordia Chiajna is for the first time since 54 years when they play in Liga I and emotions and inexperience for top league might be a disadvantage. However, they play at home and that could be a boost for them. They have a modest team which gonna try hard and survive this year into Liga I. Sportul was supposed to relegate, but due to the mess we had with the license approval for many teams in Romania ( More exactly 4 teams not receiving the license ) and with one team being abolished they stayed in Liga I this season also. If last year they didn't complete even the standard 25 points by the end of the season, this year they will want to stay away from the red zone and a start against a newly promoted team seems just the right test for them. The good thing for them is that they managed to hold on their star players from last season. Sportul has more experience and a better side and I'm sure they will run into this encounter after all three points, but a draw is never out of the call considering Chiajna plays at home in front of their fans and being the first game in Liga I for them they will try to impress. Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,44

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Concordia Chiajna - Sportul Studentesc
Selection Over 2 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 25/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.68
Reasoning Chiajna promoted last season from 2nd place in the East Second Division behind Ceahlaul. They are a low budget team which is favorite for the drop. The summer signings are poor level players which either relegated last season like Mihalcea, Ilie Iordache or Muzac or which played in the 2nd division like defenders Dumitrescu or Bozga. With such a squad and a rookie coach in charge this team looks doomed. On the plus side they are a team which plays open football at home and always looks to win their home games. Considering that their opponent today is on paper one of the weaker teams they will look to be offensive and win the game. Sportul is a team which relegated last season, but with some fortune still play in the First Division this year as well. They didn't change this summer. In the ending part of last season this team played really high scoring games, scoring 8 goals in their last 3 matches. They are supperior here to Concordia and I see them with the first chance to get the win. This won't be a boring game. Concordia Chiajna is offensive at home, especially here where they consider Sportul at an equal level and want the win. Sportul is also an offensive minded team, and want the win here. 2 goals looks like a minimum.

For any Bet365 users looking to follow. The price on Studentesc win or draw is 1.44. However Studentesc on a +0.5 (AH) line is priced at 1.525. Effectively the same bet at slightly better odds.
Asian Handicap bets are usually better odds - possibly because the AH market is more competitive.

These two teams played once more on 1st of July in a friendly game, where Sportul managed to grab a 2:1 victory. Concordia Chiajna is for the first time since 54 years when they play in Liga I and emotions and inexperience for top league might be a disadvantage. However, they play at home and that could be a boost for them. They have a modest team which gonna try hard and survive this year into Liga I. Sportul was supposed to relegate, but due to the mess we had with the license approval for many teams in Romania ( More exactly 4 teams not receiving the license ) and with one team being abolished they stayed in Liga I this season also. If last year they didn't complete even the standard 25 points by the end of the season, this year they will want to stay away from the red zone and a start against a newly promoted team seems just the right test for them. The good thing for them is that they managed to hold on their star players from last season. Sportul has more experience and a better side and I'm sure they will run into this encounter after all three points, but a draw is never out of the call considering Chiajna plays at home in front of their fans and being the first game in Liga I for them they will try to impress. Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,44

Result: CS Concordia Chiajna 1 Sportul Studentesc 2 I saw some of the game and from what I saw Sportul were the better side and deserved the win, although Concordia raised their game after having a man sent off and fought hard.

Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,44 I didn't watch the game cuz I was not at home but I heard Concordia could barely reach Sportul's goal in second half. Odds on away were good but current selection wasn't bad either considering it was 1st round.

:cheers

Petrolul Ploiesti - Otelul Galati

Another game between a newly promoted team and one of the top teams in Liga I in Romania. I find odds for the champions quite attractive and after seeing them play in Super Cup I fancy them to take all three points easily. Petrolul Ploiesti gonna have a hard start of the season, playing first three rounds with strong teams from Liga I and that's why probably the coach also aimed for a modest 7-8 points in first 5 rounds only. Thay have problems in the defensive line, having only two experienced players in the central defense and no other on the reserve list. Another disadvantage for Petrolul is that they are not gonna play at home as they are supposed to and instead they will play on another stadium becuz their stadium is under construction at the moment so the supporting crowd which is supposed to be standing for them at first game in Liga I will be missed. Petrolul changed it's team drastically in this summer brake so players might as well not be used to each other yet and they might lack the focus and pace of a homogeneous team. Otelul on the other hand, kept same coach and same players for 2-3 years now and that could be a great plus for the current champions. They started well this season winning the Super Cup after a game in which they dominated and controlled the ball smoothly. They will have easy games in first three rounds of the season playing only newly promoted teams therefore they gonna aim for all three points in each of those games. I fancy them to fight and grab as much as possible from the start before they will have to play in Champions League also. Three of their tital rivals this year won their first game already and I'm sure Otelul will want to stand between them at the top of the league and not drop points against teams like Petrolul. They have good players, fast ones and with a fighting mentality and I can't see something else other than a victory for the guests. Away win odds are at 2,15 ( dropped since last week when they were at 2,40 ) and I'm going to take that with maybe a back-up on the correct score 0:0. Selection: Away Win @ 2,15 Good luck everyone with your bets today :)

Lame game :puke Otelul receive 2 red cards and nothing they could do anymore, Petrolul was all over them. Anyway, Otelul played horrible, can't imagine them playing in Champions League. Bah..

Two away RC :unsure
Can't say I'm on minus in Romania but I should have probably stayed away from first round and just watch the games. So far only two teams impressed me ( CFR Cluj and Rapid ) and to my surprise the newly promoted teams played with confidence against the favorites. Can't say if it's other teams taking them lightly or just most of the teams from last season lost quality during summer.

Thursday 28 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sportul Studentesc v Ceahlaul PT Neamt (16:30 BST) 2.4 3.35 3.25 102.29 %
Saturday 30 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FCM Târgu Mures v CFR Cluj (16:30 BST) 3.65 3.35 2.1 104.87 %
maximize.gif Universitatea Cluj v Rapid Bucuresti (18:20 BST) 2.96 3.35 2.4 105.19 %
maximize.gif FC Vaslui v Petrolul Ploiesti (20:00 BST) 1.5 4.25 7.3 103.89 %
Sunday 31 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Astra Ploiesti v Vointa Sibiu (16:30 BST) 1.55 3.9 6.5 105.54 %
maximize.gif Steaua Bucuresti v Dacia Mioveni (18:15 BST) 1.3 5.35 11 104.42 %
maximize.gif Gaz Metan Medias v Dinamo Bucuresti (19:30 BST) 2.75 3.3 2.56 105.73 %
Monday 1 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Pandurii Targu Jiu v FC Brasov (16:30 BST) 2.25 3.2 3.45 104.68 %
Tuesday 2 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Otelul Galati v Concordia Chiajna (18:30 BST) 1.38 5 8.5 104.14 %

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Sportul Studentesc - Ceahlaul
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 28/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.19
Reasoning Sportul is an offensive minded team especially in these sort of games. They started the season with a win at newly promoted Concordia Chiajna 2-1, and will love to add another win here at home against another newly promoted team Ceahlaul. For the hosts all players are available ahead of this game. Curelea, Balan, Ferfelea and Chetan are the main threats from Sportul. At the same time their goalkeeper looked rather poor, and the guests can speculate here. Ceahlaul started the season with a draw at home against Pandurii. They bough a couple of new faces this summer, but mostly the starting line-up consists of players which played last season as well. The new signings need time to gel, and it will be a while until Ceahlaul will be able to play at their full-potential. Sportul is there however and I expect them to have the first chance at winning this game. The hosts are in excellent scoring form, but at the same time their defense isn't bullet proof. The guests can score here as well as they were the most efficent team in away games last season in the 2nd division. I see good chances for 3 goals here as Ceahlaul can't hold on to a clean sheet here, will need to open up if Sportul score first and more goals will come into the game.

Fcm Targu Mures : Cfr Cluj

Tough game for FCM Targu-Mures, which are gonna play against a team with high aspirations for this season, CFR Cluj. Targu-Mures improved and bought couple of new players but that might be a disadvantage. There was a lack of homogeneity in last round against Dinamo for FCM who played in first eleven with 6 new players and I think it gonna be felt again today with some players not fitting perfectly in the squad yet. CFR Cluj started as expected with an easy victory against Astra (2:0) and Jorge Costa is aiming to get maximum of points from first 5 encounters. They signed some talented players but also kept most of the team from last season. Sougou made a good game last round and the coach is happy with team's play who did a good job. I watched the game and CFR Cluj dominated during all 90 minutes, Astra having few to none chances of changing the game's display. Away factor might be a disadvantage but CFR doesn't have to travel a long way for this game as the two towns the team's are from are next to each other. In my opinion CFR Cluj will go into this encounter with high confidence and a winning mentality and will fight for full points while FCM might be happy with a draw and concentrate on maximum of points against easier opponents on next two rounds. Selection: Away Win or Draw @ 1,30 Selection: Away Win @ 2,25

Vaslui : Petrolul

Vaslui had a horrible start considering that last season they had good chances of catching the championship. I'm kinda disappointed with their team; They played attractive soccer last year being a very nice surprise to the Romanian League but they didn't play much in first 2 official games of this season. First round they lost to a score of 3:0 against Rapid Bucharest and 4 days ago they lost to Twente 2:0 in CHL. The atmosphere at the team is not good at all, players having low morale and pressure being put on them and on the coach. They will need a victory today to change the club's spirit but that might not be easy to achieve. Petrolul comes into this encounter with high confidence after beating the last season's champions with 2:1 after they were down to 0:1 at half time. Of course, the champions have received two red cards and that was a big blow but I wasn't disappointed by Petrolul's approach to the game for a newly promoted team. Of course, they play away now and they might not play same as they played at home but considering current situation and morale of the two clubs I'll try with the surprise here. Vaslui's coach is worried as this game might decide his future at the club and I clearly understand that considering he won't be able to use 4 of the most important players in the defense for today. Taking into consideration the low morale at the club, the thought on Wednesday's second leg against Twente, the absences in the defense and the high confidence Petrolul has after a win against champions as a Liga I debut I'll try and catch good odds on Petrolul to score a goal today. Selection: Petrolul to score @ 1,85

U Cluj : Rapid Bucharest

This is a game between two teams which come with victories after first round and both could have good morale. U Cluj is hoping to have a full stadium to support them and they will definitely need that as the game against Rapid won't be an easy one. I have watched U Cluj's game against the newly promoted CS Mioveni and I wasn't so impressed by it. They won by a 1:0 margin and their second half was very disappointing CS having chances of equalizing. For today's game U Cluj gonna be missing the only scorer of last game, Machado who is nursing an injury. Rapid is coming into this encounter after a good win over Vaslui (3:0) and they are flying high on confidence wanting to grab all three points today. They had 5 new players for last game in the starting eleven and they adapted well to the team. Another advantage for Rapid could be that U Cluj is still not playing on their home stadium as Cluj-Arena is still under construction so the fan support will be much more limited. Considering the games they played last round I favor Rapid here and I think they will win easily as they did also last season winning both legs against U Cluj. There are lots of value odds and I find many of them very plausible. Selection: Draw or Away Win @ 1,40 Selection: Away Win @ 2,45 Selection: Away Win HT/FT @ 4,40 Selection: Away Win EH -1 @ 5,80 If the teams above play the same way they played first round there shouldn't be any surprise here. I'll take today high odds on next double: U Cluj : Rapid Bucharest - Draw or Away FCM Targu-Mures : CFR Cluj - Draw or Away Total odds: 1,82 Good luck everyone and lots of money! :hope

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Pandurii - Fc Brasov
Selection Home win
Strength 10/10
Date 01/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.19
Reasoning Fc Brasov didn't invest in new players this summer like the chairman originally promised. As a result they had some really poor results in friendlies and their coach Conceicao left the club. Comparing to last season they lost some important players, like central defenders Oros(Rapid), Gaucho(Leiria), or midfielders Teixeira and Ilyes. They brought some cheap players from Portugal in their place. Their current coach is Isaila, he also coached Brasov till winter last year but the club performed poorly and he was replaced with Conceicao. Pandurii has a nice coach. Grigoras always had good results with the clubs he managed no matter the team. He likes to play good old attacking football. He likes his team to press their opponents and get the ball back in possesion quickly. In the attack Lemnaru was very prolific in summer friendlies. And new signing Batin from CFR Cluj also has nice potential. Last season the match ended 2-1, and given current circumstances I have to give credit to the hosts again.

Pandurii Targu Jiu v FC Brasov 01/08/2011 (Romania) Pandurii Targu Jiu are the home team here and i think with the calibre of players they have and the attacking and strong defense they have they have what it takes to win this very game and the away team too who want to go for a draw but i can't see them doing so in this game as Pandurii Targu Jiu are very strong playing at home. Selection: Pandurii Targu Jiu Bet365 @ 2.25

Re: Pandurii Targu Jiu v FC Brasov 01/08/2011 (Romania)

Pandurii Targu Jiu are the home team here and i think with the calibre of players they have and the attacking and strong defense they have they have what it takes to win this very game and the away team too who want to go for a draw but i can't see them doing so in this game as Pandurii Targu Jiu are very strong playing at home. Selection: Pandurii Targu Jiu Bet365 @ 2.25
Bet Won At full time result
Pandurii2 - 1FC Brasov

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Otelul - Concordia
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 5.00
Reasoning Otelul is a team that won the league 1 because it wasn't any other team capable to take constant good results, I know very well romanian football, is very poor, the televisions are focus on club presidents wars, on referees mistakes, the football from the field is nobody curious. Even if at home is a good team, I see the team of Chiajna with all team in 16 m, a 0-0 is the major target. The odd of 5 is more that good for the difficult of the match. Good luck!

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Otelul Galati v CS Concordia Chiajna
Selection Over 2.5 Total Goals
Strength 5/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.15
Reasoning Otelul Galati are the favourite in this game as they have have a good home records in all their games playing at home and i think they will win this game but the visiting team too will want to prove their standard as they will come to attack and wanting to score goals in this game and in this game the odd for over 2.5 goals in realiatic as both team will want to score goals in this game.

Sport Football (Romania)
Event Otelul Galati - Concordia Chiajna
Selection Otelul Galati(-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.05
Reasoning Otelul Galati lost the opening game of the season 2-1 at Petrolul. They opened the score thanks to a gift from the home keeper, but 2 red cards received by Antal and Punosevac gave their opponents the chance to get something from the game and took it, winning 2-1 in the end. However, overall, the performance of Otelul Galati was rather poor, and will have problems keeping in touch with the top of the table this season. More problematic could prove the fact that they have a small squad, and if last season they were fortunate to escape injury crises, right now things are already looking bad for them. Antal and Punosevac are out suspsended. Defensive midfieldier Giurgiu is injured, his replacement Filip is yet to prove his worth and has been shaky in the past. Another winger S.Ilie is injured, and so a veteran S.Frunza will start. He can be pretty useless and was brought for free. At the same time Otelul lost Punosevac, the striker, and so will start this game with no real striker. Attacking midfielder Paraschiv will once again take the most offensive position on field. Concordia Chiajna is a newly promoted team. They lost the opening game 2-1 at home to Sportul. They received a red card in the 1st half when the score was 1-1 and since than they were totally dominated and lost in the end. They have a rather inexperienced coach and the level of the players makes them a relegation candidate here. Some players like striker Baltoi, winger Ilie Iordache or Mihai Stere are players closing the end of their career in rather poor form who have little to offer for the club. And I can rate the rest of the team as average at best. I expect Concordia to come and defend and try to strike on counters. But Otelul will have plenty of hard working midfielders on the field who will press their opponents into their own halfs keeping the ball so I don't really see the guests being dangerous here. At the same time Otelul despite missing Antal and S.Ilie has other wingers like Bus or Iorga very dangerous and able to score. Same goes for Paraschiv, Ibeh and Viglianti. Not to mention left defender Salagean who is an excellent set piece taker and has a good long range shot. While the center defenders are commanding in the air and often score following set pieces. Otelul rarely makes gifts to such opponent, simply because their organization on the field allows them to easily control these kind of home games. It's really a matter of how many goals they will score, I'm not really comfortable taking them to cover the handicap as they do tend to win most of their games by just 1 goal margin but I do feel that this time their opponent is weak enough to allow more and fairly toothless up-front.