** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Novak Djokovic vs Jo Wilfried Tsonga under 64.5 serves in tsonga 5/6 skybet under 72.5 winning points on serve tsonga 8/11 skybet most double faults tsonga 8/11 skybet he is facing one of the best returners in the game so i dont think he will win many points on serve tsonga has to get his first serves in because he will attack his second serve if he dont then he will be broken quite a few times
i got two out of three i knew tsonga would not serve as well as in the previous match

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Nothing really catches the eye for the women's final except Sharapova to win @ 4/7 with WillHill. Once again, my wager is 5 points Reasoning: Kvitova has never been in a Slam final before and surely the WTA of all places is where its more about holding your nerve than sheer talent or form (how else do you explain Wozniacki has being ranked number 1?). Given this, the smart money has to be with Sharapova for she has been there, done that. I never play negative handicaps so Sharapova, -2.5 at 5/6 (WillHill) is out of the question although it might offer better value to punters who do take on such wagers and are backing Sharapova. And I fear Kvitova might just collapse in straight sets so I'm not going to play the overs line either. The overs/unders is too much of a trap in the WTA. Good luck, all

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I don't think that Kvitova will choke in this match, but i still believe that Sharapova will win. Kvitova will play the only way she knows with powerful hitting which is impossible to stop even for better defensive players than Sharapova is. On the other side we have Sharapova who is back in position she hasn't been for years. She is a great fighter and competitor and that is why i think Sharapova will prevail.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I am jumping on the Sharapova bandwagon, too @1,645 Pinnacle Kvitova surely has the skills and power to beat Sharapova. The problem lies within her head as already mentioned by TBWD. I expect Petra will be overwhelmed by the atmosphere on the central (she always had problems on the central as opposite to the smaller outside courts where she just rolls), and this will force her into errors like she has already shown in French Open round 4 against LiNa.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon My final bet of what have been a truly exhilirating championships ... - Rafael Nadal (v Novak Djokovic) @ 1.699 with Pinnacle - NAP I think there's a lot of value to be had in the price on Nadal to win this match. I had it down at 1.50. The odds are probably so high because Djokovic has won all four meetings so far this year, two of which have been on the clay. They are mightily impressive feats but I can't see the Serb repeating them here in the final. I still haven't been totally convinced by Djokovic in the past two weeks. I don't think grass is his bag, which is a sweeping statement considering he's in the final of Wimbledon. I thought he played some nice tennis yesterday against Tsonga but he was aided by Tsonga not finding his 'A' game until it was far too late. He benefitted, in short, from playing a Tsonga who wasn't at his best. I was concerned by the way he let the Frenchman back into the third set and such complacency will be punished by Nadal. The Serb has shown some signs of fatigue; he's looked sluggish at times and has been more tetchy, shouting more than he did during his run. There's no doubt he's an exceptional player but I don't think the level he's brought to London is enough to beat Nadal. The Spaniard is playing lights-out tennis; he's focused, fit, happy, confident, moving well and seeing the ball like it's shaped like a melon. He's totally dedicated to winning this title and I don't think he'll let anything stand in his way. All Djokovic's wins over Nadal have come outside of Slams. I'm not devaluing those successes but Nadal is a different opponent in best of five, especially on grass. His ability and relationship with Wimbledon is such that he's not lost at SW19 in four years. That's an immense record and shows how much he likes the conditions here. Djokovic, even at full pelt, could struggle to beat Nadal on grass. With the Serb, for me, still short of the form he showed earlier in the year, I find it difficult to see him dethroning the champion, and even if he hits those heights, I'm unconvinced that'll be enough. Nadal is showing no signs of slowing down and wants this crown more than ever. Perhaps losing to Djokovic twice on clay will motivate him further, but I'm not sure that'll be a factor. Nadal is back to his best, and 1.699 is a generous price on him to win this match. The handicaps - ranging from -2AH to -3.5, all at good prices - are appealing, but I prefer not to complicate things when possible. The price is a good one, and I'll pounce with a big stake. :hope

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Maria Sharapova vs Petra Kvitova over 22.5 games 4/5 skybet two players who have been the best players in this tournament who deserve to be in the final so im expecting a good and quite close match sharapova is favourite but it wont be easy especially playing against a lefthander which sharapova is not use to also her opponent serve will cause her problems on this surface so she will have to get use to this sort of player for a couple of games in the first set in which she might be broken and then she could lose the first set

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Djokovic @ 7/5 Boylesports. 10/10 Ya know I just have to disagree here with the majority and say I feel that the Price on Novak is HUGE! I know its a GS and I know Nadal is a tennis God but I just cant ignore what I have seen from the Serb this year, he OWNS Nadal this season and I reckon this will play on Rafas mind when they get down to it on Sunday. People say Grass is not his best surface but they said the same thing about Nadal a few yrs ago,players of his calibre improve immensely over time on any surface. Novak is the new world number 1 and deservedly so,to be honest I have never witnessed tennis like it from any player including Fed or Nadal even at their very best. Is Novak playing as good right now as he was a couple of months ago? In my eyes he almost is but I do see why some would say he isnt. The Confidence running thru his veins right now must be massive, no-one gave him a prayer against Nadal on clay (me included) and he just beat him time and again at will. This match will go the distance no doubt but one thing is for sure,Novak has the mental edge in much the same way as Rafa has it over Roger. Another consideration that no one has mentioned is that Rafa may not be 100% fit,he looked good against Murray but lets be honest Murray is a very distant world no.4 . If Rafa plays at 100% he can win if he plays at 99% he has no chance and I dont think he is 100% fit.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon i have to say this forum has been great since this tournament started you all know your stuff well done everyone on your bets as well as psycho and akto because their selections have been first class i want to ask for your input for my selection on the womens final if my reasoning is good or bad and if it is a good bet

I am jumping on the Sharapova bandwagon' date= too @1,645 Pinnacle
This one bet was lost, but in all honesty, Kvitova deserved to win this match. Hope people were able to react on LIVE after the first set. That's one of the reasons I do not like her - she is too difficult to read :lol From what I have learned from some newly reserched news, her dumb losses this year were caused at least partly by health issues. So go figure. Big congrats to Petra, and let's hope we get big profit from her newly created image of Wimbledon Champion when she chokes against Aymi Morita in R1 in some of the upcoming tournaments. :notworthy

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon There appears to be a SUREBET in Peschke/Srebotnik vs Lisicki/Stosur double: Pinna has Peschke/Srebotnik as underdogs at 2.460, while some other sites (ie Fortuna in Czech Rep) have Lisicki/Stosur as the underdog at (corected) odds 1,762

Nothing really catches the eye for the women's final except Sharapova to win @ 4/7 with WillHill. Once again, my wager is 5 points Reasoning: Kvitova has never been in a Slam final before and surely the WTA of all places is where its more about holding your nerve than sheer talent or form (how else do you explain Wozniacki has being ranked number 1?). Given this, the smart money has to be with Sharapova for she has been there, done that. I never play negative handicaps so Sharapova, -2.5 at 5/6 (WillHill) is out of the question although it might offer better value to punters who do take on such wagers and are backing Sharapova. And I fear Kvitova might just collapse in straight sets so I'm not going to play the overs line either. The overs/unders is too much of a trap in the WTA. Good luck, all
Lost and lost badly. Never stood a chance. And this is what the WTA is all about. Really, really unpredictable. I thought Sharapova would at least win one set but she went down a without a whimper. The problem with women tennis players is that they are all equally rubbish but you never know how rubbish their opponents will be on a particular day. Haha!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Men's final: Wimbledon Rafael Nadal vs Djokovic Selection: Over 41.5 games@ 5/6 with WillHill This is most certainly going to go to four close sets or over. As good as Nadal is, I just can't see Djokovic not winning at least a set. I will be very, very disappointed in the players if it is a straight sets victory for either of them because I believe they are amongst the two best players in the world at the moment and this will be/should be reflected in the tightness of the match. We've had both semi-finals go to four sets even though I never expected Murray to take the match over 39.5 games (which he didn't) but Djokovic is a different kettle of fish. Some people have said that a Nadal victory is all but assured but that's what was said on the three occasions that Djokovic beat Nadal. I still think Nadal will win this but not before being made to go the distance and hence the overs market represents in my eyes better value. Four out of the last five finals have gone over 41 games and the one that lasted just three sets last year was against Berdych, a far inferior opponent than Djokovic and a bit of a surprise finalist. Good luck, all

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Nadal vs Djokovic Pick: Djokovic Nadal did well so far in Wimbledon, that's true. He won with maximal 3:0 in the first three rounds against Michael Russell, Ryan Sweeting and Gilles Muller, then 3:1 in the next three rounds against Juan Martin Del Potro, Mardy Fish and Andy Murray. Nadal also won three tournaments this year. But, he managed to win the tournament only if Djokovic wasn't there (Monte Carlo and Barcelona) or if somebody else eliminate Djokovic before (Federer in Roland Garros). So, Nadal has no luck here. Djokovic became a nigh mare for him. Djokovic won the last four games against Nadal. All four were the finals, which is very important. Just look the results: 15.05.2011. Rome, Italy (Red clay) Nadal - Djokovic 0:2 (4:6 4:6) 08.05.2011. Madrid, Spain (Red clay) Nadal - Djokovic 0:2 (5:7 4:6) 03.04.2011. Miami, USA (Hardcourt) Nadal - Djokovic 1:2 (6:4 3:6 6:7) 20.03.2011. Indian Wells, USA (Hardcourt) Nadal - Djokovic 1:2 (6:4 3:6 2:6) I must admit I don't understand the bookmakers. Djokovic has an excellent record against Nadal this year. In fact Djokovic is incredible this year, he has just one defeat the whole year, from Federer in Roland Garros semifinal. From tomorrow Djokovic will officially be number 1 in the World, no matter win or loose here. And the man who lost that first place on ATP ranking is exactly Nadal. It is a big psychological advantage for Djokovic, I am sure about that. So, I believe Djokovic is closer to the fifth consecutive victory against Nadal. Because such psychological things will determine the match, not the current form (both are excellent) or some tactical surprise (both know each other very well). I expect Djokovic to show why he is number 1 in the World at the moment.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon (6/10) Rafael Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.70 with Pinnacle The price went up a little, so I am going for it. Nadal has played better tennis throughout the tournament and he just needs to play at the same level here, while Djokovic will need to improve on his performances against Tsonga and Tomic. The 4-0 H2H this year is nice, but this looks like a turning point to me.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon 4pts N.Djokovic v R.Nadal to have 5 sets @ 5/2 Coral 3pts Like this bet and should get a decent run for our money. Djokovic appears to have handled Nadal well leading 4-0 on H2H this season. That should give him huge confidence for this match but don't expect Nadal to lie down easily, I can see this match having alot of twists and one that is going to be a 5 set classic at Wimbledon.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Nadal to beat Djokovic @ 1.709 (Pinnacle) Great odds on Nadal here. The only argument I can see for Nole is the fact he beat Rafa in 4 finals this year.........but this is the Wimbledon final, Nadal has been here and done it while Djoker hasnt beaten Nadal in a 5 set match and is in his first Wimbledon final. I do believe Nadal has the edge mentally here and is also a better player on this surface, he's come through some tough tests against Delpo and Murray but in the end was too good for both, ground them down. On the other hand Djoker hasnt really faced the same calibre of player and had some struggles before brutally exposing Tsonga with a superb performance. I hope for a good final but cant see any other outcome here to be honest, Nadal is VERY hard to beat in a big match like this and gets it done here IMO.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Nadal vs Djokovic Many people here seem to have forgotten how nadal had issues in his road to the finals. He was a point away from losing a set to Muller! The fact that he came close to losing a set is almost the same as losing a set, given that it was against muller. Muller is no federer, my point being that Nadal has also struggled en route to the finals. He almost lost TWO sets against Del Potro and Andy Murray. The match would have been wayyy different were it not been for some clever gamesmanship fron nadal in his match against Del Potro. Murray just faded and let rafa into the match and the champion that nadal is, he clawed his way into the match and ran away with it. Djokovic's apparent struggle into teh finals is rather well documented. In my opinion he fought well enough to take the first set and trouble tsonga's serve with his terrific returning. So it is not an independant case of Tsonga not playing well or serving well. Djokovic is probably the bestest returner imo. All this theory abt him not beating nadal in a best of 5 is a crude joke. Anybody who defeats nadal in 4 finals on the trot has to be certainly better than nadal. 3 sets or 5 sets, djokovic, in his new avatar since 2010 davis cup finals, has been unbeatable for nadal, irrespective of the surface and incentives. Grass is not the best surface of either of them. When djokovic has beaten nadal on two finals on clay without dropping a set, it clearly says that djokovic is wayy better from behind the baseline. The wall that nadal is, is not effective against djokovic. Lets compare the arsenal. Serve: slight edge to djokovic Forehand: Slight perceived edge to nadal Backhand: Clearly the serb wins hands down Groundstrokes: in this match up, it is djokovic; 4 finals on 2 surfaces being teh proof of the pudding Finals and big occasion syndrome: both are multiple slam winners. Net Play: both are good here Intangibles: Lets say nadal Mental edge: Djokovic Fitness: clearly djokovic given that nadal is injured. Okay granted that djokovic had troubles against tomic. But tomic played well gaainst nadal in oz open. Tomic is very good on grass. Beating soderling and Malisse in straight sets is proof enough that he belongs there. But djokovic could have been better. a Nadal just lost his no 1 ranking. Nadal almost lost a set to muller. HE lost one to Mardy fish and was close to losing 2 against Murray and Del Potro. For me it is djokovic. Djokovic will move two sets to love up and from there he will win in 3 maybe 4 sets. Djokovic -3.5 is a massive line!!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Djokovic to bt Nadal @2.33 Pinnacle almost everything has already been said about this match, but the main reason I trust Djoker is that I remember nicely the discussions before Rome and Madrid finals. The main argument of the Nadal backers was that clay is Rafa's best surface and Nole has no chance. Everyone knows this did not work, and I am sure this argument will neither work today. This year, Djoko just owns Nadal, and 2.33 is huge value we will not see on Djoko in long foreseeable future. GL :hope

Men's final: Wimbledon Rafael Nadal vs Djokovic Selection: Over 41.5 games@ 5/6 with WillHill This is most certainly going to go to four close sets or over. As good as Nadal is, I just can't see Djokovic not winning at least a set. I will be very, very disappointed in the players if it is a straight sets victory for either of them because I believe they are amongst the two best players in the world at the moment and this will be/should be reflected in the tightness of the match. We've had both semi-finals go to four sets even though I never expected Murray to take the match over 39.5 games (which he didn't) but Djokovic is a different kettle of fish. Some people have said that a Nadal victory is all but assured but that's what was said on the three occasions that Djokovic beat Nadal. I still think Nadal will win this but not before being made to go the distance and hence the overs market represents in my eyes better value. Four out of the last five finals have gone over 41 games and the one that lasted just three sets last year was against Berdych, a far inferior opponent than Djokovic and a bit of a surprise finalist. Good luck, all
Never stood a chance of hitting even if it had gone to 5 sets. Very poor quality final, decided on who had fewer unforced errors. Apart from glimpses of brilliance from each player, not really much to see for a match as prestigous as the final of Wimbledon. The ladies final match was quite poor as well and both finals were in stark contrast to the semi-finals which were at least entertaining. The never say die Nadal spirit was never on show, he gave away his service games far, far too easily. Novak was poor in the third set but I suspect he gave that set away after being a break down because I think he was confident of taking teh fourth set. Nadal never ever looked in control throughout the entire match. I'm absolutely gutted as I had enormous stakes on this bet and this was probably the poorest final over the last five years.