U21 European Championship 2011

Re: U21 European Championship 2011

For me the best bet is on Bojan to score. Spain will dominate posession, not just because they're Spain, most teams do against England :\ - so they should create chances. Bojan may not have exploded as some would have hoped a couple of years ago, in fact he looks like leaving Barcelona, he is still a high quality player in my opinion. He had a decent end to the season, always seeming to be among the goals when brought on or when Barca fielded weakened teams in La Liga. Although the centre of defence is strong for England with the future of Manchester United Smalling and Jones, they have been weakened at fullback and Fielding seems to be the latest in a string of fairly average keepers (before and after Hart). Bojan first goalscorer 9/2 Bojan last goalscorer 9/2 Bojan anytime 11/8
on bench mate

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Spain v England was my first viewing of U21 very impressed with Spain, a match they should have won comfortably, but seem to have the philosophy that keeping the ball rather than killing teams off is the correct why to go. Nothing wrong with that unless you have a few bob on them. If England were the main challengers to Spain for this title, then for me Spain are worthy favs.

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Denmark (U21) - Belarus (U21) = 1 (1.63) Totosì Preview: Denmark (U21), there were no absences. Belarus (U21): absent: Yurenko, Pavel Nekhaychik, Mikhail Gordeychuk. Denmark after the crushing defeat against Switzerland absolutely must win this match to go through difficult task but not impossible. Denmark is the host of this tournament and do not reach the finals would be really a great disappointment and surprise. Denmark, in my opinion has the best team and able to win this race. Denmark will try everything to win this game and with so many good players in their line as Eriksen, Zanka. Belarus has not played a great game against Iceland but despite winning today with the absences in the team I think that Denmark can benefit from it. Declining share in many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Switzerland v Iceland over 10 corners 2.37 @ bet365 Looks like this has been a pretty disappointing thread so far, but hopefully now the first round of games are over we should see a bit more intent from the teams and fingers crossed some money can be made. Corners are a market I like to play quite often and I think this is too good a price to turn down and will play with medium stakes. It was @ 2.20 last night but I decided to do a bit more research before I took it. Iceland came through a tough qualifying campaign at the expense of Germany and I expect them to show a bit more tonight than they did in the first game. They are going to have to take the game to Switzerland which should result in large passages of play in the Swiss half giving us more chance of corners. They also like to shoot from distance and against a Swiss team who like to get men behind the ball I think this could also help towards the corner count. Iceland had 6 corners in their opening match Switzerland are a team who already have 3 points in the bag and I don't see them going to gung-ho. However in Shaqiri they have a player who will shoot on site and they also appear a decent side going forward. I think they can contribute a few corners in this match and help towards the over's. Switzerland had 5 corners in their opening match No matter what the result is in the latter stages of this game we should see at least one side pushing on - as the draw is no good for Iceland. Alternatively Switzerland if winning will be more than happy to run the clock down in the opposing third and could rack up a few corners in the process. IMO we have the potential for plenty of corners towards the end of the match. Corners can be a tricky market but IMO we have a few factors that can help towards the over's in this game and the price on offer makes it worth playing for me. GL 2 ALL

Switzerland v Iceland over 10 corners 2.37 @ bet365 IMO we have the potential for plenty of corners towards the end of the match.
Couldn't have been more wrong with this. 5 corners in the 1st half and it looked like I was in with a shout... only 1 corner in the second half.

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Already taken our boys :eyes Didn't watch the game but it sounds like they did OK, and obviously got a result against the tournament favs. That bodes well and hopefully they'll follow it up here. Ukraine don't seem too impressive from their qualifying results, winning what seemed like about one match and drawing the rest, and come in to this one after a defeat to the Czech's. Would seem to me they're the weakest side in the group, and shouldn't have enough to stop England.

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 England will go into this game against Ukraine knowing a win will put them one foot in the Semi-Final. Pearce confirmed that he will name the same team and his captain from the Spain match Our performance against Spain was a bit lackluster, but a point was gained so that should set us in good stead. Ukraine's much fancied attacking Dou of Andriy Yarmolenko and Yevhen Konoplyanka were disappointing against the Czech's, so it will be interesting to see if there subsitutue goalscorer Maksym Bilyi gets the nod from the start. Chances should fall England's way, an with two lively forwards in Welbeck an Sturridge i expect one to be finished. Three Lions should have enough in there to locker to edge out this tight contest. 5pts -England @ 17/20 1pts - Sturridge 1st Goal @ 5/1 1pts - Welbeck 1st Goal @ 13/2 Hills

Switzerland v Iceland over 10 corners 2.37 @ bet365Alternatively Switzerland if winning will be more than happy to run the clock down in the opposing third and could rack up a few corners in the process
I didn't see the game at all, but followed the stats, and had seen each side's first game. From the sound of it, it sounds as though in this game, Switzerland went 2-0 up, and then kept possession - you can't get corners if you don't have the ball. Usually teams who have a decent lead tend not to get many corners - if they take the ball down to the other teams' corner flag, they often like to keep it there, rather than get a corner - I think this is because keeping it in the corner is often a better way of denying the other team possession than winning a corner (where in most cases you give the ball to the other side).

I didn't see the game at all' date=' but followed the stats, and had seen each side's first game. From the sound of it, it sounds as though in this game, Switzerland went 2-0 up, and then kept possession - you can't get corners if you don't have the ball. Usually teams who have a decent lead tend not to get many corners - if they take the ball down to the other teams' corner flag, they often like to keep it there, rather than get a corner - I think this is because keeping it in the corner is often a better way of denying the other team possession than winning a corner (where in most cases you give the ball to the other side).[/quote'] yeah, the Swiss kept the ball and it was very easy for them in the end. I was really disappointed with Iceland, but the Swiss are worth keeping an eye on. On reflection I think I liked the price too much and tried to make the bet fit it.

Denmark (U21) - Belarus (U21) = 1 (1.63) Totosì Preview: Denmark (U21), there were no absences. Belarus (U21): absent: Yurenko, Pavel Nekhaychik, Mikhail Gordeychuk. Denmark after the crushing defeat against Switzerland absolutely must win this match to go through difficult task but not impossible. Denmark is the host of this tournament and do not reach the finals would be really a great disappointment and surprise. Denmark, in my opinion has the best team and able to win this race. Denmark will try everything to win this game and with so many good players in their line as Eriksen, Zanka. Belarus has not played a great game against Iceland but despite winning today with the absences in the team I think that Denmark can benefit from it. Declining share in many books. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :ok

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Ukraine (U21) - England (U21) = 2 (1.70) Totosì Preview: Ukraine (U21) : injured: Stepanenko England (U21) : there were no absences In my opinion this is a decisive match as the result obtained by the two teams in the previous round. Ukraine (U21) lost their first game with the score of 1-2 against the Czech Republic (U21) and England (U21) drew the first game with the score 1-1 against the strong Spanish team . Ukraine (U21) if it loses this game is virtually eliminated while England (U21) need a victory to avoid having to win the last game against the Czech Republic (U21). England (U21) is a team with many elements that play in Premier League football was a great practice. So in the end the largest class and international experience confirms the confidence of the British and the victory of the same. Declining share in many books. :hope:hope:hope

England will go into this game against Ukraine knowing a win will put them one foot in the Semi-Final. Pearce confirmed that he will name the same team and his captain from the Spain match Our performance against Spain was a bit lackluster, but a point was gained so that should set us in good stead. Ukraine's much fancied attacking Dou of Andriy Yarmolenko and Yevhen Konoplyanka were disappointing against the Czech's, so it will be interesting to see if there subsitutue goalscorer Maksym Bilyi gets the nod from the start. Chances should fall England's way, an with two lively forwards in Welbeck an Sturridge i expect one to be finished. Three Lions should have enough in there to locker to edge out this tight contest. 5pts -England @ 17/20 1pts - Sturridge 1st Goal @ 5/1 1pts - Welbeck 1st Goal @ 13/2 Hills
Disappointing, no creativity or cutting Edge :eyes

Disappointing' date=' no creativity or cutting Edge :eyes[/quote'] How Welbeck missed that one on one :eyes That's the Welbeck I expect to see, massively overrated. It seemed maybe he was improving, but I think Danny's undone any good work at Sunderland with that one, for me personally :lol

Are you sure mate?? Surely if Denmark beat Iceland as well' date=' then the 3 are on 6pts and it goes to goal difference?[/quote'] Yeah, if Belarus/Denmark win, Switzerland can't possibly win the group. They would get down to © below, and as Belarus have already scored the same number of goals, if they win, they'll finish above the Swiss if it goes all the way to © This is from the official Uefa site... If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of all the matches in their group, the following criteria will be used, in the order given, to determine the rankings: a) number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question; b) goal difference in the matches between the teams in question; c) number of goals scored in the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points); d) goal difference in all the group matches; e) number of goals scored in all the group matches;

You mean English don't you? ;)
You wil be surprised how many people don't even know difference between UK and England ;)
Hello, this is the Italian translation: "Quindi alla fine la maggiore classe ed esperienza a livello internazionale degli inglesi confermano la fiducia e la vittoria della stessa". Forgive me for my English is not perfect. :ok

Ukraine (U21) - England (U21) = 2 (1.70) Totosì Preview: Ukraine (U21) : injured: Stepanenko England (U21) : there were no absences In my opinion this is a decisive match as the result obtained by the two teams in the previous round. Ukraine (U21) lost their first game with the score of 1-2 against the Czech Republic (U21) and England (U21) drew the first game with the score 1-1 against the strong Spanish team . Ukraine (U21) if it loses this game is virtually eliminated while England (U21) need a victory to avoid having to win the last game against the Czech Republic (U21). England (U21) is a team with many elements that play in Premier League football was a great practice. So in the end the largest class and international experience confirms the confidence of the British and the victory of the same. Declining share in many books. :hope:hope:hope
No profit :cry

Saturday 18 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Iceland U21 v Denmark U21 (19:45 BST) 8.4 4.76 1.48 100.48 %
maximize.gif Switzerland U21 v Belarus U21 (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.78 6 98.68 %
Sunday 19 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif England U21 v Czech Republic U21 (19:45 BST) 2.18 3.5 3.74 101.18 %
maximize.gif Ukraine U21 v Spain U21 (19:45 BST)

Switzerland - Belarus (1-0): Draw -- Both goes thru to the semi-final....
I don't think this is right. Because of the qualification rules (see a few posts above), Belarus need either a win, or a draw AND Iceland to beat Denmark. This is because Denmark beat Belarus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_UEFA_European_Under-21_Football_Championship If the above is correct, a draw will NOT guarantee Belarus qualification - realistically, they need to win.

I don't think this is right. Because of the qualification rules (see a few posts above), Belarus need either a win, or a draw AND Iceland to beat Denmark. This is because Denmark beat Belarus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_UEFA_European_Under-21_Football_Championship If the above is correct, a draw will NOT guarantee Belarus qualification - realistically, they need to win.
Or alternatively, they lose 2-0 and Iceland beat Denmark 3-1 :lol