U21 European Championship 2011

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 I am thinking to oppose England today. Ideally I'd love to be able to catch the +0.5 line on the Czech's at a decent price, but the price on England is holding thus far. I am not sure how the Czech's will approach this match but I think they are a good match for England so would be surprised if they just tried to defend for 90 minutes. I am going to watch and then try to get Czech on a decent in-play handicap. I do also quite like the look of unders. England look pretty good at the back and though I don't expect a full on D show from Czech's they may well be slightly more inclined that way. EDIT - It is reported that England may make a couple of changes for today's match. Some news has been conflicting though. I have read that Lansbury will come in but not sure whether it will be for Rodwell or Henderson. I am not overly familiar with any of these players other than their rough overall player type.

Re: U21 European Championship 2011

I am thinking to oppose England today. Ideally I'd love to be able to catch the +0.5 line on the Czech's at a decent price, but the price on England is holding thus far. I am not sure how the Czech's will approach this match but I think they are a good match for England so would be surprised if they just tried to defend for 90 minutes. I am going to watch and then try to get Czech on a decent in-play handicap. I do also quite like the look of unders. England look pretty good at the back and though I don't expect a full on D show from Czech's they may well be slightly more inclined that way. EDIT - It is reported that England may make a couple of changes for today's match. Some news has been conflicting though. I have read that Lansbury will come in but not sure whether it will be for Rodwell or Henderson. I am not overly familiar with any of these players other than their rough overall player type.
Would say it would be for Rodwell. Replaced him in the last game with the Ukraine and Pearce mentioned in an interview that he offers something different to Rodwell in that he can play between the forwards and midfield. Don't see him dropping Henderson - generally plays wider right then the likes of Rodwell and Lansbury. Personally don't think it really matters who Pearce selects. The players he has at his disposal just don't make the system he's trying to play work. The only part of their team that looks good is the defensive pairing of Jones and Smalling. All the rest so workmanlike - but no surprise from an English national team. I'm expecting the Czech's to get something from this game. Think they have far more threat in the final third then England and play much better football. The other game I think Spain will win comfortably 2-0,3-0,3-1.

I'm expecting the Czech's to get something from this game. Think they have far more threat in the final third then England and play much better football. The other game I think Spain will win comfortably 2-0,3-0,3-1.
I saw Spains last game against Czech. They played a nice offensive football and won 2:0. I underline that Spain win easily tonight against Ukraine, especially because they are not safe yet. England is better in strength, while Czech Republic hasn't performed well in the ground matches. After two Remis in a short time, England shall win on neutral ground tonight

Would say it would be for Rodwell. Replaced him in the last game with the Ukraine and Pearce mentioned in an interview that he offers something different to Rodwell in that he can play between the forwards and midfield. Don't see him dropping Henderson - generally plays wider right then the likes of Rodwell and Lansbury. Personally don't think it really matters who Pearce selects. The players he has at his disposal just don't make the system he's trying to play work. The only part of their team that looks good is the defensive pairing of Jones and Smalling. All the rest so workmanlike - but no surprise from an English national team. I'm expecting the Czech's to get something from this game. Think they have far more threat in the final third then England and play much better football.
Current odds on Betfair: AH 0 England 1.49 Czech 2.64 Or with the handicap, Czech +0.5 AH 1.81 Having seen both teams opening games, it appears that the Czechs are the better side, so they look good value tonight. Main danger for them would be complacency, sitting back, knowing that a draw is enough for them to qualify.

Would say it would be for Rodwell. Replaced him in the last game with the Ukraine and Pearce mentioned in an interview that he offers something different to Rodwell in that he can play between the forwards and midfield. Don't see him dropping Henderson - generally plays wider right then the likes of Rodwell and Lansbury. Personally don't think it really matters who Pearce selects. The players he has at his disposal just don't make the system he's trying to play work. The only part of their team that looks good is the defensive pairing of Jones and Smalling. All the rest so workmanlike - but no surprise from an English national team. I'm expecting the Czech's to get something from this game. Think they have far more threat in the final third then England and play much better football. The other game I think Spain will win comfortably 2-0,3-0,3-1.
:nana Could not have gone any better for me. Lovin this tournament so far...apart from Denmark not getting through. Spain pretty much certainties for the Final and I think will meet Switzerland.

Group A looks like the weaker group of the two. Denmark the hosts looks like a nice value outright bet. The only thing stopping me doing this is that they will face very good teams if they did progress. Iceland could be the ones to look out for though. They been scoring so freely and in a group were there is no real strong favourite i like the look of these here with a qualifying bet. Iceland to Qualify Group A 10/11 Coral Group B is a very tough group. England i feel will struggle with Spain who i feel will win the Group Comfortbly with the Czechs, who have been amazing scoring so many goals whilst keeping shut at the back, pushing England for a place in the semis. England missing players so two bets have tempted me here with the Czechs being another sneaky outright bet to look out for. Spain to top group B 2.5 StanJames Czech to beat England 2/1 Coral
Couldn't of done any better predicting Group B. Iceland were a disappointment against Belarus and were playing catch up all along, expected more from them.

hi are the winner of the match between the czech v belurus going to london 2012? cause I can see goals....but if they need to play for the olympic games position this's can be a different match cheers
Yes - according to the official UEFA preview below .. http://www.uefa.com/under21/matches/season=2011/round=2000004/match=2003418/prematch/preview/index.html It means there's a lot more at stake than 3rd place.

Re: U21 Championship 2011

Not to be ignorant but it seems to me that the Danish squad hinges on Christian Eriksen. Bendtner, Sorenson and Kjaer all removed for one reason or another. I've read that Ukraine are quite fancied but I don't know anything about them - perhaps Mahno or someone else can fill us in. That Spain squad looks way too naughty for this competition. They have overall great experience with many players experiencing first-team football. Leading lights of the team include: De Gea, Thiago, Diego Capel, Bojan, Mata, Jeffren. Great overall squad strength and they clearly possess the top 3 or 4 players in the tournament. They are in the tougher group that contains England, Ukraine and Czech Republic. I haven't watched them play as a side but the roster speaks for itself. It is several degrees above the next strongest side in the tournament - England? I can actually imagine England struggling a little bit with Ukraine being quite highly rated, though I know nothing of them. They've still got to go out and win it but that Spain squad is ridiculous and I'm backing them for the tournament. 3.5 is available at a couple of bookies, but the closest I can get is 3.2 at Betfair - max stakes. Spain to win the tournament - 3.2 - 10 points - Betfair.
Not much sweat for that, well apart from the semi's. Good shout. :clap

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 Cheers bro. It was a bit bate but at least they came through. Whenever I watched they were just like younger versions of the national side and bar a horrible scare against Belarus were always comfortable. Nice bit of profit for me to piss away on some other obscure youth tournament now.

Re: U21 European Championship 2011 3.2 was of course short odds, but Spain deservedly won it in my opinion, so perhaps the bet was good value :ok I think Spain were helped in this tournament by the absence of a lot of other good sides who might have threatened them - Germany, Italy and Holland for example.