PL PokerStars Variant League 6.14

teaulc

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - 2-7 single draw - 28th November 8.30pm lol thx Mark, bubbled tonight, but great fun. The occasional cash tends to pay for the series anyway so it's all good. Happy with my play overall tonight, ran pretty deep (2 hours) which helps to build up the hand experience. Highlight was obviously getting Al to fold a good hand early on when I held an Ace thinking it counted as low when it appears to only count high lol. But like I said, you soon learn these things and only do that type of mistake once. Good luck and see you soon :)

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - 2-7 single draw - 28th November 8.30pm well played all,enjoyed tonights game,up and down like a whore`s draws and having to do a taxi run as well. fully expected slapdash to win tonight,but managed to get his chips when it mattered. and well done to wurzel for 2nd place :clap table up soon :ok 1349_99c_u92am.jpgUploaded at Picoodle.com

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - 2-7 single draw - 28th November 8.30pm I enjoyed that! I'm not sure I'd ever played 2-7 single draw before, and I just read a basic strategy piece online before playing. But more than any other time I've played poker, I felt I was rapidly gaining in my understanding as the game progressed (not saying I had a great understanding by the end, but it was way better than at the beginning). I also learned I didn't know the rules of 2-7 lowball games. I could never understand why people gave such long-winded explanations of the hand rankings, when to me it seemed simple: exactly the opposite of normal poker. But that's not true: A2345 beats a pair (or two pair, which is what I had when Al had a wheel) because A is "always high" and so A2345 isn't a straight. Still seems aesthetically wrong to me: if I were king, it would be what I said: exactly the opposite of normal poker.

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - 2-7 triple draw - 5th December 8.30pm well played Gem :clap:clap also to Glen for 2nd place. Ooblio is feeling sorry for us, it looks like and letting us all catch up with him. will sort table out tonight/in the morning :ok

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - HOSE - 12th December 8.30pm Hey im available to play but busted my account last night , anyone want to stake me they will get 100% of any winnings Stars Name : DanShot89 Be fully focused on 1 table I miss playing this last few due to work and have a buzz to join you guys

Re: PL Variant Club League 2 - HORSE - 19th December 8.30pm Great fun guys/girls, although my head does hurt a little now, too much to remember. Many congrats to Glenn AKA Red Rum, vwp. And just wanted to emphasise again what a great spirit these games are played in (especially to newcomers who are maybe unsure of whether to join in or not). Where else do you get your heads-up opponent going out of their way to help you to learn the different variants during the actual HU. Quality player & a total gent & scholar :ok Owe you & coach Helen a pint or two of something suitably alcoholic :cheers