** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2,000 Guineas

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2,000 Guineas

Or maybe they will... Henry Cecil is seriously thinking of running Frankel in the Dante, with a view to the Derby. He's 2-1 from 7-2 for the Derby with Stan James If he were to win the Derby too, then blimey...And we thought Sea The Stars was a freak!
Shortening up?:unsure Why? Superb mile performance, but needs to settle like he's never done before to stay the Derby distance. In fact, if they take him on with a 5f sprinter pacemaker, might not get a mile another day. I've laid the 5/1 on betfair for the Derby. But hey, Brilliant, absolutely Brilliant today! Awsome!

Re: 2,000 Guineas just got back from work and absolutely gutted by that result ......how bizarre is that result ? thats the slowest guineas ive seen in 10 yrs (121 )!!!! and all the other fancied horses have finished no where ......what the hell happened .i wouldnt read too much into the result as the time was exceptionally slow so i think something freaky happened today .put into context the 2yr old i backed yesterday ran faster than the time frankel just achieved .......unbelievable and the proximity of the 2 outsiders just goes to back that up as well

Re: 2,000 Guineas just got back from work ......looked at the result and thought oh well ....what the hell happened to the other horses? and just looked at the sectionals and the race has been run in a record slow (121) .......the manner of the win looks like hes a super horse but in context the 2yr old i backed yesterday actually ran a faster time than frankel just did !!!!!! it seems all the other horses have just not turned up for some reason .......the proximity of the 2 outsiders franks that outcome as they ran to their marks ..........thats just unbelievably bad :(

Re: 2,000 Guineas If we were in USA/Australia, I'd say Frankel is a cert for the Derby. I have big doubts he can win it though. The shortening of World Domination and Carlton House tell the story for me. And if he actually wins the Derby, fair enough. I'd love to be proven wrong! We'd probably witness a perofrmance of the greatest horse ever if he is to win it.

and i always trust the clock and we'll see what the fillies do tomorrow .....if they run faster the colts thats ........embarassing .......lol
Frankel has won the Guineas by 6 lengths, led all the way, what more do you want :eyes Theres not a 3 year old filly alive that could beat this horse, hes exceptional.

Re: 2,000 Guineas i'll be interested to see how timeform rate this then .......anything over 120 and they are having a laff . seta at goodwood just ran the 1mile on good/firm in 1min 37.35 (-0.35 ) for a group 3 and frankel has just run 1 min 37.30 (-1.80 ) ......says it all really and seta was carrying 7lb more !!!!!( faints )

Re: 2,000 Guineas Richard, I'm a big speed and times man myself, and I can see where your coming from. However, the way he ran the race was unlikely to produce a super fast time. Whilst it's true that a fast pace ensures a true time, going the pace Frankel did was never going to produce a great performance on the clock. Instead, he drove his rivals into submission, and quite simply destroyed them within 4f. It's credit to him that he got home in the time he did considering how quick he went early. Don't know if you've ever read James Willoughby's blog, but he writes at length how horses can run the fastest times when going at a constant speed. Frankel ran his race in a hugely innefficient manner, so I don't believe we can knock the performance based on the time. Ask your 2 year old for example to run the same first 4f as Frankel, and see what time he comes home in. I guarantee it would be substantially slower than the time Frankel recorded.

i'll be interested to see how timeform rate this then .......anything over 120 and they are having a laff . seta at goodwood just ran the 1mile on good/firm in 1min 37.35 (-0.35 ) for a group 3 and frankel has just run 1 min 37.30 (-1.80 ) ......says it all really and seta was carrying 7lb more !!!!!( faints )
You are getting bogged down in times, hes just beat the best horses of his generation 6 lengths in a Group One, if he met Seta he would annialate her, have you already forgotten the performance he put up in the Greenham at Newbury. Hes led, idled infront and still Won by 6 lengths, he was never ridden and has loads left in the locker. Your standards at Goodwood are WRONG, and Goodwood is not Newmarket. You have a lot to learn.

Richard, I'm a big speed and times man myself, and I can see where your coming from. However, the way he ran the race was unlikely to produce a super fast time. Whilst it's true that a fast pace ensures a true time, going the pace Frankel did was never going to produce a great performance on the clock. Instead, he drove his rivals into submission, and quite simply destroyed them within 4f. It's credit to him that he got home in the time he did considering how quick he went early. Don't know if you've ever read James Willoughby's blog, but he writes at length how horses can run the fastest times when going at a constant speed. Frankel ran his race in a hugely innefficient manner, so I don't believe we can knock the performance based on the time. Ask your 2 year old for example to run the same first 4f as Frankel, and see what time he comes home in. I guarantee it would be substantially slower than the time Frankel recorded.
This.

Re: 2,000 Guineas 142 is a joke ........theyve just got wrapped up in the whole hype of the day .......if timeform think -1.8 on good.firm warrants a rating of 142 ..........am i thick or what ....if anyone does speed ratings do they honestly think that was a performance of 142 ? all hes done is accelerate off a snail pace and fair play to the horse im not knocking him doing the business on the day .....but does no one else think that form is highly suspect and dont be surprised if he gets beaten by something in a race or 2 time then we'll revise his rating and what happens if the fillies run a quicker tomorrow ?not saying they will but if they do then this forms a joke

142 is a joke ........theyve just got wrapped up in the whole hype of the day .......if timeform think -1.8 on good.firm warrants a rating of 142 ..........am i thick or what ....if anyone does speed ratings do they honestly think that was a performance of 142 ? all hes done is accelerate off a snail pace and fair play to the horse im not knocking him doing the business on the day .....but does no one else think that form is highly suspect and dont be surprised if he gets beaten by something in a race or 2 time then we'll revise his rating and what happens if the fillies run a quicker tomorrow ?not saying they will but if they do then this forms a joke
Have you heard of collateral form ?

142 is a joke ........theyve just got wrapped up in the whole hype of the day .......if timeform think -1.8 on good.firm warrants a rating of 142 ..........am i thick or what ....if anyone does speed ratings do they honestly think that was a performance of 142 ? all hes done is accelerate off a snail pace and fair play to the horse im not knocking him doing the business on the day .....but does no one else think that form is highly suspect and dont be surprised if he gets beaten by something in a race or 2 time then we'll revise his rating and what happens if the fillies run a quicker tomorrow ?not saying they will but if they do then this forms a joke
They may do, but ask whichever filly records a faster time than Frankel to run it in the same way, and they wouldnt manage.

if anyone does speed ratings and thinks that was a good performance .....its time to pack up and go home
Richard, do you truly believe that your 2 year old yesterday could run the same initial first 4f, and still finish in a faster time than Frankel ? The Speed Rating isn't the be all and end all, the way in which it is achieved is important also. Surely someone so into speed ratings as you are understands that ...