The Quackers school of thought...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 7.05 sandown great acclaim 1.5pts e/w 11/1 vc bet Sorry comp ain't working so on my phone. Short n sweet! Ran well in a decent maiden last year and returned this year with a nice success last time out. Doesn't look too harshly treated on handicap debut. Fanshawe horses are in decent enough form so I'll take my chances with this one. He is definitely 1 of the least exposed horses in the field and could be anything. Same could be said for the stoute and cumani horses but I like this one at th prices

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.10 Epsom Beauchamp Xerxes 1pt e/w 25/1 Bet365 A very tricky handicap but I like the look of this outsider. I think this horse is best when caught fresh with 2 good efforts after having a break of 3 months. This horse has never had a break as long as this in the past but his listed success and 2nd to the good handicapper Brick Red after breaks of 92 days prove he can go well when returning from an absence. The stable are in decent form at the moment with some of their runners running over in South Africa. The dazzler is on board today which is a positive as I don't think Dane O'Neil gave this horse the best of rides last time he was at this track. This horse has already proven he handles the track when finishing a good 5th over CD behind the likes of Bushman, Alexandros, Mabait and The Cheka. I feel the jockey didn't give the horse the best of rides and wasn't overly hard on the horse. He should find this race easier though. It will be interesting to see how the horse is ridden as he can go from the front or come from behind. The jockey is much better when allowed to lead so hopefully he will be able to get to the front. The horse has probably been trained with this easier race in mind after that 5th in the Diomed at last years meeting so fingers crossed!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.25 Epsom Prompter 2pts e/w 9/1 Bet 365 Taking a chance with this horse who has ran well over CD twice before. Should come on for this recent comeback run and has gone close off marks around 102. I expect Spencer to hold this horse up and come with a late run. He is a classy horse and hopefully he can add to his sole win which came in maiden company.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.40 Musselburgh Racy 3pts win 4/1 Bet365 Racy is a lightly raced 4 year old and looked a little unlucky on his first run for the stable. That run came at York and he was returning from almost a year off the track. He was held up at the back and didn't get the clearest of runs but finished better than anything in the race. That day he finished less than a length into 3rd and can go 2 better today. Philip Makin is booked for the ride and he has a good 24.1% strike rate for the stable. The stable continue in good form and although this is just as competitive as that York race, if Racy gets a trouble free passage, I think he will win. He is unexposed after just 7 runs and can continue to improve for the new stable.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.15 Epsom 3 years old's haven't won this in the last 10 so rule out Arctic Feeling and Jamesway 9 out of 10 had 1-4 runs that season which rules out Perfect Blossom and Falasteen 9 out of 10 had run in the last 28 days which rules out Fathom Five and La Fortunata 9 out of 10 were drawn 8+ so rule out Masta Plasta, Beat The Bell, Oldjoesaid, Sohraab and Bertoliver Favourites don't have a good record in the race so rule out Captain Dunne and Masamah Confessional 1pt win 14/1 Bet365 Strike up The Band 1pt win 18/1 Bet365 Indian Trail 1pt win 16/1 Bet365

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.50 Epsom Coin of the Realm 4pts 11/2 Bet365 This horse looks to have been set up for this race after a good 4th in the race last year. He clearly handles the track with his record reading 4-1-1-4. The 4th in this race last year came off a mark of 100. He has only had 1 run since that race which was his reappearance this year but has somehow managed to be dropped 9lbs to a mark of 91. With that reappearance run under his belt, I think we will see a very different horse today, and with Ryan Moore booked for the ride he should run a massive race. The favourite Bourne has to prove he handles the track plus has to step up on what he has shown so far.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 1.40 Epsom Charles Camoin 1pte/w 10/1 Bet365 Try and get the day off to a good start with this horse. Every run to date this horse has shown promise and he now finally gets a step up in distance which I think will be the making of him. He was staying on last time out to finish 2nd on his reappearance this year and he should come on for that run. On breeding he should relish this step up in trip and all runs so far he has been staying on in his races. There is every chance he is being underestimated against these higher profile horses who come from bigger stables but I do like this horse and hopefully he can get the day off to a winning start!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... The Derby 1.5pts e/w Ocean War 16/1 Bet365 Couldn't help myself. Had to have a bet in the race and I think this year will go against plenty of the trends for the race as so many of the market leaders can be discounted by them. Ocean War may well get outclassed here but he has improved with every run to date. Ran well in his maiden last year and won a good maiden first time up this season very well, beating some good horses. Last time out he won very easily beating horses rated in the 100's. There is every chance he will improve again today. Although the time of the race was slow last time out he did it very easily despite still looking green. Frankie is the perfect jockey to help this horse on the track today and he may just make up for his ride on the favourite yesterday.

Re: The Quackers school of thought...

1.40 Epsom Charles Camoin 1pte/w 10/1 Bet365 Try and get the day off to a good start with this horse. Every run to date this horse has shown promise and he now finally gets a step up in distance which I think will be the making of him. He was staying on last time out to finish 2nd on his reappearance this year and he should come on for that run. On breeding he should relish this step up in trip and all runs so far he has been staying on in his races. There is every chance he is being underestimated against these higher profile horses who come from bigger stables but I do like this horse and hopefully he can get the day off to a winning start!
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 5.25 Epsom Flipando 1pt e/w 10/1 Coral Love this horse and backed him when he won Pontefract and again when he disappointed at York. Left him alone last time out at Chester as was going to leave him today but I think he will run a massive race. He more often than not runs his race. He won this last year off a 3lb lower mark but has been in good form this year. They have reinvented the horse as a 6f sprinter and he will need a strong pace if he is to win here. He came with a strong finish last year on the wide outside and I can see the same happening today. There should be plenty of pace in the race and Gibbons does get on well with the horse and knows how he has to be ridden. Hopefully he can win this again. This doesn't look any tougher than last year so fingers crossed for a big run.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... A good start to the day but that was about it. Racy was disappointing. Less said of Ocean War the better! Unlucky in the dash with both Confessional and Indian Trail and Flipando never looked threatening. Overall a loss of 2pts over the last week which isn't too bad I suppose but not getting enough winners at the moment. Looking forward to Behkabad tomorrow and might have a couple of bets in France as the racing looks pretty good there. Bets - 127 Wins - 16 Losses - 97 Placed - 14 Bank - 114.15pts P/L - +14.15pts

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.08 Chantilly PRIX DU JOCKEY CLUB (thanks to racecaller for trends) 10 of 10 winners sired by a group 1 winner From 2001 to 2004 (when race was run over 1M 4F) 3 of 4 winners were sired by group 1 winner over 1M 4F. Since 2005 all 6 winners were sired by a horse who had won over no further than 1M 2½F Taking into account the last bit of this trend since the race has been reduced in distance both these can be discounted -Colombian 10 of 10 winners were born before 21st April -Nobel Winner 10 of 10 winners had had 3 to 5 career starts -Prairie Star -Grand Vent -Roderic O'Connor -Tin Horse -Reliable Man -Bubble Chic 10 of 10 winners had run 2 or 3 times that season -Casamento 10 of 10 winners finished in the first 3 last time out -Glaswegian -Saint Desir 10 of 10 winners ran in the last 40 days -Baraan After following the trends we are just left with 4 horses in Sandagiyr, Crackerjack King, Veter and Absolutly Yes. I am quite happy to go with the first 2 mentioned. A De Royer-Dupre is the trainer of Sandagiyr and he has a good record in this race. The only problem is the draw. Crackerjack King is drawn poorly as well but had the easy winner of the Italian Oaks behind him in 3rd place when winning well last time out. He should run well as well. SANDAGIYR 3pts 14/1 Bet365 CRACKERJACK KING 2pts 10/1 Bet365

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 1.20 Chantilly Ozeta 3pts 3/1 Stan James She may well get turned over by the Fabre horse today but I see no reason why she should turn the form around, after Ozeta beat both Testosterone and Avongrove last time out. Ozeta was not fancied last time out but is clearly progressing and can out speed these late on. Avongrove has the help of the derby winning jockey but Ozeta had that horse 1.5 lengths behind last time out with Testosterone a further 2 lengths back. There was no excuses in that race for any of them, with them all coming there race fit so fingers crossed she can uphold the form against her more illustrious opponents.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.50 Chantilly Perfect Tribute 4pts win 9/2 Coral Perfect Tribute looked a horse to follow when winning last time up against Flambeau and a very decent field. The ground here should not be a problem and the step up in trip should suit this horse. He looked to be outpaced last time out before staying on very strongly at the finish. I think this Mile in France will suit him down to the ground. Espirita is the only horse I think we have to worry about with that one already winning in group 3 company and not being beaten that far in group 1 company last time out by the very talented Golden Lilac. If this turns into a sprint near the finish then Perfect Tribute is well equipped to deal with that after showing blistering pace to get up in a listed race at Ascot over 6f a couple runs ago.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.25 Chantilly Behkabad 4pts win 13/8 Ladbrokes This horse should win this at a canter but my only slight doubt is that he isn't fully wound up for this as they will be targeting bigger races later on in the season. Even still this horse is different class to this lot and I have been looking forward to Behkabad reappearing. Allied Powers won this race last year but this is much tougher. Behkabad if near fully fit should be able to win this as he likes. Hopefully he will and get me some more TTF points :tongue2

5.15 Leopardstown Lord Kenmare 0.5pt e/w 25/1 Bet 365 This horse was unlucky last season going from 84 to 92 without winning. His rating was raised due to some consistent placings in some competitive handicaps. He has proven that he can handle these big field races and actually returned in this race last year from a break to finish second to the classy handicapper Across The Rhine. He was staying on that day and is only 1lb higher today with the handicapper dropping him 5lbs since his last run. That should give him a strong chance of at least a place here as there is nothing special in this race. Shane Foley gets on well with the horse and all of the horses bad runs last season came when Foley was not on board. Lord Kenmare has never won on turf in 14 attempts but he has a couple of seconds and thirds so he has gone close. The handicapper has given him a chance and he has probably been targeted at this race after a close second in the race last year so hopefully he can go one better today. Interestingly the connections of last years winner have Prince Jock entered who is also of interest but I am happy to stick with Lord Kenmare.
Having had a few tips go in the race after I have tipped them up, I am going to have a little bet on this one. He has been dropped another 3lbs and also has a 7lb claimer on today so he does look very well handicapped now. Trainer has just been on ATR and said he is ready to go but slight doubts about the ground as he likes it quick but I am going to have a little interest. 3.35 Listowel Lord Kenmare 0.5pts e/w 20/1 Bet365

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Wow what an absolutely brutal day! Note to self - never ever back a horse in France again! Every horse I backed today was rubbish. To top it off I have just played footie with a hangover against a team of meatheads and been kicked all over the place. Lucky not to have 2 broken legs. Holiday diet out the window for tonight... big fat chicken balti here I come mmmm :cow

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 7.15 Windsor Mr Harmoosh 2pts e/w 16/1 Bet365 This horse returns to the flat after a run over hurdles for a new stable and looks to have a nice each way chance here. Mr Harmoosh had a very good 2010 with 5 wins for his previous stable but is now with Sheena West who has a habit of doing well with horses from other stables. This horse finished last season with a nice win at Epsom off a mark of 71 before disappointing on the all weather and then on ground too soft at Newmarket. His new stable decided to give the horse a spin over the jumps where he finished a creditable 3rd in a decent looking novice hurdle. With that run under his belt, Mr Harmoosh comes here with fitness assured. When James Doyle teams up with Sheena West they have a very good strike rate with 5 wins from just 9 runs. Aslo Sheena West has a good record when sending her runners to Windsor with 3 winners from 6 runners in the last 5 years resulting in £19 profit to level stakes. Both of these statistics are very favourable to the chances of this horse. It would appear that when these connections team up, they more often than not mean business. Mr Harmoosh is already a course winner but has never won over the distance. He has only raced twice over 10f. The first time at Lingfield he was sent off favourite and never got a run until it was too late. He finished well that day and the only other time over 10f, he finished 2nd to a Mark Prescott horse first time in a handicap which won very easily. He still has to prove himself over the distance but both times he seemed to get the distance pretty well and he does travel well in his races. Typically there are many horses in this race with chances but the main dangers look to be Uncle Fred and Qaraaba. Uncle Fred is interesting returned to turf and upped in trip and should run well having won at the course in the past. Qaraaba was very impressive when winning the other day in a competitive handicap but might just struggle off his new mark but he does look to be one of the main threats to Mr Harmoosh. Mr Harmoosh looks to have a massive chance here for a trainer that does well at this course with her few runners she sends here. Added to the fact James Doyle has a brilliant strike rate of 5 wins from 9 runners for the stable, then the horse looks to have a big chance. He comes here fit and well and if getting a trouble free passage, he should be able to get involved.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Wow that was too bad to be true. I am hoping it was the soft ground. With that in mind I do like the look of one later on. 8.15 Windsor Indian Valley 3 pts win 11/3 Coral This horse looks well treated with Harry Bentley taking off 5lbs. This ground is very much in this horses favour now and he looks to have a big chance. 9.00 Pontefract Comptonsprit 3pts win 3/1 Bet 365 Ran a nice race last time out and is surely going to win sooner rather than later. Does often start slowly and may struggle to get a run tonight at Pontefract. Not the best of tracks for hold up horses. Jockey got a nice tune of the horse last time out though and hopefully she can do the same tonight with a little luck.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.20 Haydock Dansili Dancer 1.5pts e/w 10/1 PP DD travelled well last time out before being outstayed. That was a better contest than this and that was the horses 2nd run after a break, so could come on for the run. On his day, DD is a very classy horse winning decent handicaps off marks in the 90's. He won over CD a few years, and although his best recent runs have come on the all weather, he looked on the way back lto. He has been dropped another lb after his run lto and has John Fahy claiming 3lbs so should be able to run well in this contest. There are plenty of young pretenders in this race in the form of Kitty Wells, Dance Tempo and Line of Duty but they all have to prove themselves in this better grade. DD has the form in the book and should be able to run well here. He was in cracking form towards the end of last year, winning a very good listed race at Kempton and then finishind 2nd in the Winter Derby. With that run under his belt back on the turf, he can run a big race here.

Had a couple of days off just to take a break and try and stop the rot! Will update soon! 4.00 Haydock Venutius 16/1 2pts e/w Bet365 A nice race for each way backers with the 16 going to post. It looks very competitive and probably not the best race to try and stop the rot in! I do like Venutius here though. His last win came over CD where he won very easily off a mark of 77. Today he races off 87 but did go very close last year off this mark when just being pipped by suited and booted at Newmarket. Graham Gibbons gets on well with the horse and knows how he likes to be ridden which is from the front. Although his form tailed off towards the end of last year his finishing results weren't exactly a true reflection on how he was running as he was never beaten very far in some good looking handicaps. This is his probably his best trip and this might be the best time to catch the horse after a nice little break. The stable haven't had any recent winners but they have had plenty of near misses with 5 seconds out of 8 races. So they aren't out of form and are surely due a winner.
This one runs tomorrow and I think he has a good chance with a run under his belt. Every chance he may have just needed that run as he ran too badly to be true. Should come on plenty for that run and I can't let him go without backing him. If anything this is easier than the race he reappeared in but still getting the same price. 4.20 Haydock Venutius 1pt e/w 16/1 Bet365

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 7.45 Kempton Area Fifty One 0.5pt e/w 28/1 SkyBet It is a worry that this horse was sold on after absolutely bolting up last time out at Kempton by 8 lengths but surely he is far too big here. That day the further he went, the better he looked. It wasn't the quickest of times but the way he galloped all the way the line was quite impressive. The horse he beat that day finished a good 3rd at Haydock last week behind 2 nice looking horses in Suhaili and Tappanappa. Area Fifty One comes in to this handicap off a mark of 76 which doesn't look overly harsh but the jockey takes off 5lb which puts him on a nice racing weight. On first glance at this horses pedigree, it seems strange that he would get that 1m 3f last time out but there is stamina on the damn side of the pedigree. The further step up in trip is a slight concern but the way he travelled and finished his race last time out suggests, he should have no problem with this. He was allowed to dictate the pace that day so it will be interesting if something else makes the pace and makes it a proper test tonight. I still think the horse is overpriced at 28/1 and I am quite happy to have a little interest.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.50 Newbury Dubai Glory 3 pts win 8/1 Bet365 This horse is very much on the improve, as are most of these. This represents a higher class than when winning last time out but he is improving with every run and has every chance of getting another win here. Jockey does well for this stable and this is horse is worth backing until putting in a disappointing run.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 6.55 Leopardstown Radharcnafarraige 1pt e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes A tricky looking group 3 contest here with a couple of runners coming over from England. Capercaille runs for last years winning trainer and I have no doubt that this horse wouldn't be sent over, if she didn't have a good chance in this. Beyond Desire looks to have the better chance though, after an encouraging reappearance. Invincible Ash is likely to go off favourite for this after some very nice runs over in Dubai but the horse I do like comes from the in form Jim Bolger yard. Radharcnafarraige won a group 3 at Naas last year before being sent off favourite for the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot. She could only manage 4th but finished just 3 lengths behind the classy Memory. After that she ran an even better race in group 2 company to finish a little closer to the same horse. Since returning in March this year she has been tried over further and has been rather disappointing. She has had 2 runs so should be fully fit, and a return to sprinting looks a wise move. Radharcnafarraige is already a group 3 winner which can't be said for most of the other runners. There are plenty of interesting horses in this race but Radharcnafarraige looks a big price at 16/1 if able to recapture her form from last year.

6.55 Leopardstown Radharcnafarraige 1pt e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes A tricky looking group 3 contest here with a couple of runners coming over from England. Capercaille runs for last years winning trainer and I have no doubt that this horse wouldn't be sent over, if she didn't have a good chance in this. Beyond Desire looks to have the better chance though, after an encouraging reappearance. Invincible Ash is likely to go off favourite for this after some very nice runs over in Dubai but the horse I do like comes from the in form Jim Bolger yard. Radharcnafarraige won a group 3 at Naas last year before being sent off favourite for the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot. She could only manage 4th but finished just 3 lengths behind the classy Memory. After that she ran an even better race in group 2 company to finish a little closer to the same horse. Since returning in March this year she has been tried over further and has been rather disappointing. She has had 2 runs so should be fully fit, and a return to sprinting looks a wise move. Radharcnafarraige is already a group 3 winner which can't be said for most of the other runners. There are plenty of interesting horses in this race but Radharcnafarraige looks a big price at 16/1 if able to recapture her form from last year.
Top shout indeed mate. Very well done buddy:clap:clap:clap:clap