** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Quackers school of thought...

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Kings Stand - Sole Power 2pts e/w 7/1 Bet365 Have been looking at the trends for this race. There's no absolute trends for the race but there are some pretty strong ones. Sole Power matches most of them and he looks a good each way bet in this. The favourite has to be of obvious interest coming over from Australia as they have a very good record in the race. The race seems to lack strength in depth this year and Sole Power is very much on the improve. The slight doubt has to be the softening ground but he is by Kyllachy so there is every chance he will handle it. He is drawn low which is a positive. There looks to be plenty of pace drawn low in Rose Blossom and Tangerine Trees so Sole Power will get a good toe into the race from those 2. Favourites don't do so well in the race with just 2 in the last 10 years winning but the winner does often come from those at the top end of the market. Sole Power looks to have a massive chance here in what doesn't look a vintage renewal.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Quackers school of thought...

Queen Anne Goldikova 5pts win 13/8 Paddy Power I can't wait for Tuesday! As much as this race could go either way, I just prefer the claims of Goldikova. I have no doubts that Canford is a better horse than Paco Boy but I just have a feeling we are going to get a similar result. Goldikova is the best miler on the planet in my eyes. Year after year she wins multiple group 1's and I hope this will be another one for her tally. Olivier Peslier is tried and tested at the highest level where Richard Hughes is not and this another reason that Goldikova edges it for me. I will be more than happy to accept that Canford is a better horse if Goldikova gets beat, but until then Goldikova all the way!
Just bringing these bets to the front.

Re: The Quackers school of thought...

Coventry Stakes Mezmaar 3pts win 4/1 Bet365 Put this one up in another thread when it was 7/1. It is now 4/1 joint favourite with power so I am going to back it before it gets any shorter. This horse was put up on the day of its maiden win by Charlie Hills as a very smart prospect for the yard. He looked very useful that day and I think he will go very close in this.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.30 Ascot Jersey Stakes - Oracle 5pts win 6/1 This horse was disappointing as a 2 year old but has looked a much better proposition this year. His 2 runs this season have been a big step up in form and ran a cracker last time out to finish 3rd in the Irish 2000 Guineas. Travelled powerfully that day but was outstayed in the final furlong. Drop in trip to 7f looks a positive move and Ryan Moore is booked for the ride so I am hopeful of a big run. Favourites have a poor record in the race so Codemaster is worth taking on. Western Aristocrat is interesting stepped up in class after a stylish win last time out but may find this too tough. His trainer however has a good record in the race but I am confident of a good run from Oracle in this. 3.05 Ascot Windsor Forest Stakes - Music Show 2.5pts 8/1 e/w Ladbrokes Music Show looks a big price here having shown some very high class form last year. She hasn't been so good this year but I think she has had valid excuses. She may have just needed her run first time out at Sandown behind Dick Turpin. The winner that day has let the form down since, but Cityscape gave the form a big boost by running a massive race today. Last time out she was tried over 10f which was never going to suit. Sajjhaa beat Music Show that day but I think the tables may be turned over Music Show's optimum trip. Music Show is a strong traveller and will relish this test if they go quick up front. They quicker they go up front, the better for my selection. It is likely that Frankie will try and lead on Sajjhaa, and given how close she ran Midday, he may try and go pretty quick and use his proven stamina. Hopefully this will play into the hands of Music Show who is ridden by the ultra cool Richard Hughes. Channon has already said he believes this to be his best chance at the meeting. 3.45 Ascot Prince of Wales's Stakes - Planteur 5pts 4/1 Ladbrokes This is by far the riskiest bet of the day. So You Think is the banker of the meeting in many peoples eyes but Planteur is a top class horse over 10f and he looks pretty big at 4/1. His win last time out looks better than anything that So You Think has achieved so far. He had Sarafina in behind that day and both Cirrus Des Aigles and Silver Pond have come out and franked the form. Silver Pond beat the reappearing Behkabad. Jockey tactics could prove to be vital in this race. My selection has the very talented Mr Soumillion on board so it will be interesting to see how the race pans out. I believe Planteur has the greater speed so I don't think Ryan Moore would want this to turn into a sprint. So You Think may well outclass the field but Planteur looks massive having been trained with this race in mind all year. 4.25 Ascot Royal Hunt Cup - Start Right 2pts 7/1 Bet 365, Pintura 2pts 22/1 Bet 365, Julienas 1pt 20/1 Bet 365 Pintura is the main selection. This horse is very consistent in these big field handicaps and deserves to win one. Will require luck in running, as will the other 2 selections but Spencer is on board which is a positive. Start Right looks to have a favourites chance after a very encouraging effort last time out and Julienas looks a lively outsider. All 3 are drawn mid-high which also looks a positive. 5.00 Ascot Queen Mary - Somasach 2.5pts e/w 14/1 Bet365 At first glance the trends would appear to go against anything not trained in England as 17 of the last 20 winners have been trained by English based trainers. However in the last 7 years there have been 1 American winner and 2 Irish winners so the tables are turning. I backed this horse on debut the other week where he was very well backed and did well to win from the worst of the draw. He raced on the unfavoured part of the track and still managed to win. There should be more to come from the horse and anything Bolger sends over from Ireland has to be respected. They obviously think this horse is good enough to contest this race. The favourite here looks to have a massive chance in this race after the win of Frederick Engles today. However I think that horse has improved massively since that first run and the form might not stack up here. On the other hand it is very likely that the Meehan horse has improved massively since his debut as they normally come on plenty for their first runs. He is far too short in a race of this nature though and I am happy to take my chances with Somasach. 5.35 Ascot Sandringham Handicap - Sweetie Time 2.5pts e/w 25/1 Ladbrokes Micheal Bell has won this twice in the last 5 years and I think he has a lively outsider in this years renewal. Sweetie Time was a ready winner of her maiden last year beating Khor Sheed by over 3 lengths. She was then rather disappointing, not being able to go past Talahassee having looked all over that horse at Haydock. Her last run of last season ended with a 5 lengths 3rd to the very talented Zoowraa. She was staying on well that day and looked as though the step up in trip would suit. There is a nice mixture of speed and stamina in her pedigree so this 8f should really suit. Michael Bell has his string in good form and I expect this horse to be much shorter come race time tomorrow.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Was saved in the end by Julienas. Poor day overall but it certainly was a strange day. A horrid day for favourite backers and the bookies definitely won on day 2. Other than Julienas everything else I backed was pretty terrible. Hopefully better tomorrow but was very pleased Godolphin had a big winner today. Don't think Planteur gave his true running. Music Show continues to disappoint and I don't think I will be backing that horse again. Surprised to see how big the Hannon 2 year old winner returned. Quite like a Hannon horse in the first tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a better day! -10pts on the day. Was looking much worse!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.30 Ascot - Crown Dependency 2.5pts 15/2 e/w Coral Bapak Chinta looks a worth favourite in this race and the American horse could be anything. The horse I do like comes from the mighty Hannon stable. They are having a cracking Royal Ascot and hopefully they can get another winner here. I backed this horse on debut at Goodwood where he looked very good in winning a decent maiden. He travelled well and quickened powerfully once Richard Hughes asked him to win his race. He should come on plenty for that run and should be able to get involved in this. This is obviously much tougher and he steps back in trip but he did show plenty of speed on debut and I expect him to deal with the 5f no problem. Hughes has opted to ride this one as well so he must think this one has the best chance of winning this race. 3.05 Ascot Rumh 5pts win 4/1 William Hill Was very impressed with this horses victory in listed company last time out. She got the run of the race from a smart ride from Frankie and she will find this much tougher to dominate but I expect a big run. Godolphin have taken this race in the last 2 running's and I think Rumh will improve for the step up in trip. She has already franked the form of Dancing Rain by winning last time out and this race seems to lack strength in depth. The obvious danger is the bang in form Banimpire but this may come too soon after her last win. Rumh only ran last week as well but had a very easy race. The trainer said she has come out of the race well and will relish this step up in trip. Godolphin have a good record in this race so fingers crossed they can improve their record tomorrow with Rumh. 3.45 Ascot Blue Bajan (2pts e/w 16/1 already taken) 0.5pt e/w 12/1 added all William Hil Connections supplemented this horse this morning and I am happy to get stuck in. I tipped the horse up last time out when it won very easily at Sandown. That day he travelled well and put the bed to race with minimum fuss. He is going to be one of the veterans in the field but he looks better than ever at the moment. Since switching to his new stable he has steadily improved with every race. He ran a blinder to get close to Duncan at York over a trip probably too short for him. I have every belief that he will turn the form around with that horse over this trip. He is proven over the distance and has course form which is important. Rite Of Passage is out now and Fame and Glory looks far too short after only just getting the better Vivacious Vivienne last time out. This race looks their for the taking and Blue Bajan comes into the race in better form than anything. He looks a very solid each way bet and will handle whatever ground is thrown at him on the day. 4.25 Ascot Dream Achieved 2.5pts e/w 16/1 StanJames A very tough race for punters but you are looking for something carrying less than 9 stone and something drawn high. I like the look of this horse that runs for last year’s winning trainer Barry Hills. He was a decent 3rd in his seasonal reappearance behind Ocean War but beating the likes of Midsummer Sun and Alkimos. They have both franked the form and Dream Achieved himself won well at Kempton over a mile. Dream Acheieved looks an unexposed improving type which is what you are looking for in this race. He has the perfect high draw and the aid of Robert Winston who has a good record when riding for Barry Hills. 5.00 Ascot Alkimos 5pts win 5/1 Paddy Power Alkimos looks an improving horse and won well last time out. He too ran in that race won by Ocean War and has won twice since that run. His defeat of Moment of Time was given a boost when that horse ran a cracker against Rumh last week. Cumani took this race last year with Afsare and they look to have another good chance with this horse. His win last time out was impressive, as he had to sit and wait for a gap to appear. Once it did appear he quickened well. The winning margin would have been much greater had he got the gaps earlier. He does have a poor draw to contend with so it will be interesting to see what Fallon does with the horse. 5.35 Ascot Purification 2.5pts e/w 6/1 William Hill It was a tough call with this one and Census but i just favour Purification. He was very well backed to win his maiden at Windsor where he beat 3 next time out winners. His last start of last year was also given a boost by the form of Genius Beast this year. He looks certain to improve for the step up in trip here having looked better the further he went at Windsor. Buick retains the ride and will no doubt be trying to make up for his shocker on Zigato for the same trainer. This race looks hugely competitive as do many of today’s races but I just prefer the claims of the Gosden horse.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... if only you had staked 2 points on Julienas like the other 2 horses and you would have ended up in profit! Hopefully you will have a better day tomorrow mate. I won't tell you how I did but I got a nice treble up today. Ask them in Laddies in town :nana

Re: The Quackers school of thought... haha yeh you could say that. I had rewilding, lolly for dolly and rhythm of light. What time you going in? I am going down to collect my winnings after they have been to the bank first thing in the morning. I could do with a bodyguard :p

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Dream Achieved now appears to be on the wrong side of the track so I am having a saver on Common Touch. Won well last time out at York and was well on top at the fininsh. Shouldn't mind the step up in trip or the ground is drawn low. 1pt e/w 16/1 Bet365 Common Touch