The Quackers school of thought...

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.15 York Gordonsville 1pt e/w 16/1 Bet365 I really like the look of Gordonsville in this race. He has always found anything over a mark of 82 beyond him and although he runs in this race off a mark of 84, the jockey takes off 3lbs which puts him on 81. His last 2 wins have come off 82 on varying ground, so whether it rains or not overnight it should not make much difference to this horses chance in the race. He has had 2 runs now since returning from nearly a year off the track and should be spot on here. The Jim Goldie yard continue in good form and will look to carry that form into Royal Ascot next week. As for the opposition, there are plenty in this race that are either unproven over the trip or stepping up in grade which can't be said for the selection. Gordonsville is proven at a higher grade and is very consistent so should run his race. There are plenty in this race though that do look likely to progress further in time and that are steadily improving but at this moment, Gordonsville should be able to hold his own against these. Hawk Mountain who beat the selection last time out is worse off at the weights here but should be thereabouts again. Dazinski looks the other main danger along with Descaro. Bollin Judith the likely favourite is up 7lbs to a career high mark, for an easy win in a poor looking race last time out. Obviously this is a very competitive race but Gordonsville can be relied upon to run his race most of the time. He may find 1 or 2 too good here but I expect him to at least make the frame. He may be one of the oldest horses in the race, but he can teach these young pretenders how its done.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Ascot Gold Cup Blue Bajan 2pts e/w 16/1 Connections supplemented this horse this morning and I am happy to get stuck in. Tipped the horse up last time out when it won very easily at Sandown. That day he travelled well and put the bed to race with minimum fuss. He is going to be one of the veterans in the field but he looks better than ever at the moment. Since switching to his new stable he has steadily improved with every race. He ran a blinder to get close to Duncan at York over a trip probably too short for him. I have every belief that he will turn the form around with that horse over this trip. He is proven over the distance and has course form which is important. Rite Of Passage is out now and Fame and Glory looks far too short after only just getting the better Vivacious Vivienne last time out. This race looks their for the taking and Blue Bajan comes into the race in better form than anything. He looks a very solid each way bet and will handle whatever ground is thrown at him on the day.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Coventry Stakes Mezmaar 3pts win 4/1 Bet365 Put this one up in another thread when it was 7/1. It is now 4/1 joint favourite with power so I am going to back it before it gets any shorter. This horse was put up on the day of its maiden win by Charlie Hills as a very smart prospect for the yard. He looked very useful that day and I think he will go very close in this.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Queen Anne Goldikova 5pts win 13/8 Paddy Power I can't wait for Tuesday! As much as this race could go either way, I just prefer the claims of Goldikova. I have no doubts that Canford is a better horse than Paco Boy but I just have a feeling we are going to get a similar result. Goldikova is the best miler on the planet in my eyes. Year after year she wins multiple group 1's and I hope this will be another one for her tally. Olivier Peslier is tried and tested at the highest level where Richard Hughes is not and this another reason that Goldikova edges it for me. I will be more than happy to accept that Canford is a better horse if Goldikova gets beat, but until then Goldikova all the way!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 5.30 York Monkton Vale 0.5pt e/w 22/1 Stan James This horse is quite interesting returned to this trip and this course. He ran a cracker last year to finish 2nd off a mark of 72 behind Judiciary of Godolphin over this CD. He hasn't been at his best since returning from a short break this year but is slowly coming to hand. His last 2 runs have been much better and he looks to have a chance here off a mark of 67 with the jockey taking off another 7lbs. He gets in this race off a light weight and could run a big race at a course that he runs well at. The trainer remains in good form and likes to have winners at York. Wouldn't be the biggest surprise if this horse was to run a big race.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Gordonsville was very disappointing, as was Monkton Vale. Greylami ran a bit better having to come through the pack from the back of the field. Maybe next time for that one. Not the worst day. -4pts

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.15 York Acclamazing 1.5pts e/w 8/1 Bet365 Acclamazing has been improving with every run and was very unlucky not to win last time out. This horses’ win at Newmarket was very impressive, quickening up well and shooting clear of the field. Last time out he was stepped up to 7f and was just about to make his effort when Hayley Turner allowed her horse to swerve into my selection and hamper the horse. He pulled out wide and finished well but the winner had already flown. The step back to 6f should be no problem here but this is ultra-competitive. He is drawn low where the majority of the fancied runners are drawn so he should be able to track the pace. The only slight doubt I have is the ground, but there is no rain forecast until late afternoon the ground if anything should dry up. He should be able to handle good ground but if rained overnight and the ground came up good to soft then I would have doubts. There are plenty of dangers in the race and one other I really like in the race is Forjatt who I backed when reappearing behind Seal Rock. That day he looked unlucky not to get closer to the winner and he should run a big race today. He is another one that wouldn’t want the ground to soften up. Seal Rock looks progressive but wasn’t to impressive last time out and is worth taking on. I am happy to take on both Desert Law and Majestic Myles who fought out a finish last time out. Acclamazing looks one to follow and is still entered up in the Wokingham next week. I think the handicapper has been lenient leaving his handicap mark on 98 after his last run. He should run his race here and will need luck in running but hopefully won’t be unlucky for a second time.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.55 Chester Mirrored 1.5pts e/w 7/1 William Hill Said I would back this horse next time it runs after a promising effort at Redcar. Did well to get so close considering how far back he was. He will have to brake better at this track but if doing so, should be able run a big race. He is drawn well in stall 4 and should be able to get a nice race position. The Easterby stable is in better form now than it was a couple of weeks ago and I fancy Mirrored to make up for last time. He still looks well handicapped on previous form so fingers crossed.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 5.30 York Ishetoo 20/1 1pt e/w StanJames This horse often runs well at York and he did make an encouraging reappearance at Redcar a couple of weeks ago. Ishetoo was outpaced on his return but stayed on well without the jockey having to get serious with the horse. That run will have brought the horse on and he should be cherry ripe for this race. He looks well handicapped on old form and is recapturing that form, he is entitled to run a massive race here. The step back up to 6f also looks in the horses favour and the ground should pose no problems.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.30 Sandown Margot Did 3pts win 5/1 Bet365 Margot Did took a heft bump at the start of her last race and did well to get as close as she did. She finished very well that day and I fancy her to reverse the form with Night Carnation on this softer ground. I think the ground will suit Margot Did more than it will the other main contenders. Margot Did ran extremely well last season on several occasions in better company and looked back to something like her best last time out. With a little luck in running today, I expect Margot Did to be finishing better than anything in the race as she has shown high class form over 6f. There are several horses in this race with claims but Margot Did will do for me.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.10 York Bavarica 1pt e/w 20/1 William Hill Bavarica is a horse than normally keeps her form well and she won very well last time out under this jockey beating a horse that was coming into the race on the back of a win. I expect Bavarica to run a solid race here, only being 2lbs higher in the handicap. Conditions look identical to that of Newmarket but this is a much stronger race than the race she won last time out. She should still run her race though, and you just never know with these lady amateur races! Anything could win it.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 1.55 Sandown England Rules 1pt e/w 7/1 Paddy Power Few of these come into the race making their handicap debuts. The one I like is England Rules from the Noseda stable. I think this one will handle the softer conditions better than his market rivals. He looked very much in need of the run when winning at Windsor, and with that under his belt he should strip much fitter here. That day the way he stayed on, would suggest this slight step up in trip should suit. William Buick is a jockey I like and this one should run a solid race.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 5.15 Sandown Crocus Rose 2pts win 12/1 Ladbrokes This horse was 2nd in this race last year and although he is 5lbs higher this year, I think he has just as good a chance of taking it this year. Ground conditions will suit today and he ran an encouraging race behind a progressive animal on the all weather on his 2nd start since returning from a break. He should be much fitter today and I think he has every chance of going 1 better this year. This is hugely competitive with the favourite at 7/1 but Crocus Rose has a nice chance in this with softer ground conditions ideal.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.15 Hexham Dance for Julie 3pts win 9/2 Coral I have just noticed this horse is running. I backed the horse last time out when he fell in the last having had the race in the bag. He was clear of War Party who ran well in a better contest at Aintree last night to finish a very close second. The form looks decent and if Dance For Julie can stay upright then he should go very close.

Re: The Quackers school of thought...

3.30 Sandown Margot Did 3pts win 5/1 Bet365 Margot Did took a heft bump at the start of her last race and did well to get as close as she did. She finished very well that day and I fancy her to reverse the form with Night Carnation on this softer ground. I think the ground will suit Margot Did more than it will the other main contenders. Margot Did ran extremely well last season on several occasions in better company and looked back to something like her best last time out. With a little luck in running today, I expect Margot Did to be finishing better than anything in the race as she has shown high class form over 6f. There are several horses in this race with claims but Margot Did will do for me.
Nice one :clap

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Belmont Stakes 1pt e/w Stay Thirsty 20/1 Bet365 It's been absolutely tipping it down at the track and we might possibly see a funny result tonight. I think this horse might handle the conditions better than most looking at the pedigrees so I will have a punt with this one at a big price.

Belmont Stakes 1pt e/w Stay Thirsty 20/1 Bet365 It's been absolutely tipping it down at the track and we might possibly see a funny result tonight. I think this horse might handle the conditions better than most looking at the pedigrees so I will have a punt with this one at a big price.
so close, great shout :clap

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 5.05 Doncaster Romeo Montague 5pts win 11/2 VC Bet This is probably the most frustrating horse I have ever backed but I am going to have a big bet on the horse today. Looks to have plenty of talent but is an absolute rogue. I am pinning all hopes on the addition of cheek pieces to this horse. Hopefully this well help concentrate the horse on just racing and going in a straight line rather than trying to run all over the track or trying to stop himself. He has ruined his chance twice by veering badly when in front and last time out the jockey tried as late as possible to deliver the horse but once he hit the horse with the whip, he stopped travelling. He actually came right from the back of the field, travelling all over the field but was just pipped on the line. He looks to have plenty of talent and a real engine. Hopefully the headgear will do its job and the horse can fulfil his potential. There has been money for the Stoute horse this morning but I think every Stoute horse is going to get backed now the stable have come into form. I feel this horse is much better than a class 5 horse so fingers crossed he can deliver today. He is by Montjeu so that explains the temperament but if he can focus all his efforts on just racing then he will be a good handicapper.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.50 Doncaster Sovereign Debt 2pts 5/1 Sky Bet This horse ran in the same race as the favourite last time out. He looked well out paced before staying on nicely with Eddie Ahern never having to get too serious with the horse. The Meehan horse should improve for his initial outing but I liked the look of Sovereign Debt's debut and feel it will come on more for the run. Spencer is booked for the ride today which is a positive and I expect this horse to turn the form around. There are plenty of other dangers in the race but that maiden these 2 horses contested last time out was a decent contest.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.50 Doncaster Sovereign Debt 2pts 5/1 Sky Bet This horse ran in the same race as the favourite last time out. He looked well out paced before staying on nicely with Eddie Ahern never having to get too serious with the horse. The Meehan horse should improve for his initial outing but I liked the look of Sovereign Debt's debut and feel it will come on more for the run. Spencer is booked for the ride today which is a positive and I expect this horse to turn the form around. There are plenty of other dangers in the race but that maiden these 2 horses contested last time out was a decent contest.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.25 Doncaster Able Master 1pt e/w 33/1 William Hill With CPO on this one. Think the horse has had valid excuses on several of his last runs. Last time out was too bad to be true and I am willing to overlook that run. There must have been something up with the hose, which is why they have given him so long off the track. His run at Ayr was decent enough, having been short for room at one stage but keeping on well to finish just over 4 lengths behind the winner. You can totally disregard his run in the Wokingham because he started about 8 lengths behind the field and never stood any chance in the race. Going back to his old form for Bryan Smart, this horse would have a chance. His nice win at York off 95 on good to soft ground was a great effort and if he can get back to that form, he would have a good chance of getting involved in this. That was a very comepttive event and he won it very nicely. Hasn't been the same horse for his new stable but like I said before, I think there have been valid excuses. Today he returns from a break and hopefully if all is sound with the horse he should run a big race with conditions to suit. The ability is still there as he did show glimpses last year so should be able to run a decent race off a 3lb lower mark than when winning at York.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.30 Doncaster Light Well 1pt e/w 12/1 Ladbrokes Would have liked to have seen some money for this horse but he is very well bred and starts out at a suitable trip. He cost a fair bit and although he has no fancy entries, he could run a nice race here. There is nothing out of the ordinary from the already raced horses. I like Buick and Gosden horses always have to be feared. Was forecast to be much shorter so 12/1 looks a nice price.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Bets - 157 Wins - 19 Losses - 120 Placed - 18 Bank - 110.65pts P/L - +10.65pts Wow the thread is clinging onto profit. Thought I would have a clear up before next week. Make or break time next week. This is the week I most look forward to during the year so fingers crossed for a profitable one :hope

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.45 Carlisle Tournedos 1.5pts e/w 15/2 William Hill Beauty Pageant looks to have a favourites chance but only just got home last time out and these softer conditions may not be to his liking. Tournedos was a comfortable winner over CD off a 5lb lower mark a few runs ago and ran well last time out to suggest he is still in form. The stable continue in good form and Tournedos has proven himself on the ground. He did best of those held up last time out and I expect him to run a good race here. The jockey who won on him over CD is back on board today after being ridden by to claimers on his last 2 runs. He looks to have a solid each way chance in this race.